We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    225

    Cry of Vengeance upgrade?

    Re-reading the Cry of Vengeance skill (http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cry_of_Vengeance) and the buffs as displayed are seriously underwhelming.

    Does anyone know if they scale?

    If not, then perhaps it's an option for an 'improved skill' on the way from here to 85 (or later)?

    Presently I don't use Cry of Vengeance outside of a raid situation. Scaling the buffs might turn it into a more versatile skill, tempting cappies to choose between triggering it for the buffs or saving it for the in-combat rez?

    Perhaps something like:
    Updated skill becomes 'Shout of Vigor':
    Range <equivalent to current banner range> (currently 15m)
    Target revives with 30% morale (currently 20%)
    Target revives with 0% power (currently 15%)
    Effects applied to the Fellowship within <equivalent to current banner range> meters:
    +<scales with level, i.e., +85 at level 85> Might, Agility, Vitality, Will & Fate (currently only +10)
    -5% Attack Duration (currently -4%)
    +500 Armour Value (currently +234)
    Duration: 30s (currently 20s)
    Cooldown: 20 minutes (currently 30 minutes)


    The main increase is obviously to the +stats, functioning like a second IDOME (or first where captains have unslotted the trait).

    Over-powered, under-powered, or just meh (un-worthy of the Dev's attentions)?
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

  2. #2
    The 30 minute cooldown for a really, REALLY bad rez is just soooo underwhelming.
    I am Blackhawk, Leader of
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events ~ Chat!
    ~Member of the 2013 Player Council ~
    ...We were not ready to find Aztaur the Balrog, the Frozen Death, the Ice Demon of Thangorodrim. But Find Him We Did...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,084
    Um. These are the stats at 75 (BoN not traited).



    Also, it's only usable after a fellow dies.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Watertown, MA
    Posts
    2,907
    Apparently, in Ye Olden Tymes, the skill only provided the buff. The rez was added later. 105 to all stats, extra armour, and reduced attack duration is actually a pretty nice buff to apply on the whole fellowship.

    The only things I don't like about the skill are the short distance on the rez and the fact that the cooldown can't be reduced in any way.
    Cainwen Ciaphas, Captain of Crickhollow, HERO OF MIDDLE EARTH!!!
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My opinions are my own!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    382
    Yeah, if you don't trait this res, it's pretty unuseable. Even traited the CD is way too long, probably could use some CD reduction.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by furtim View Post
    Apparently, in Ye Olden Tymes, the skill only provided the buff. The rez was added later. 105 to all stats, extra armour, and reduced attack duration is actually a pretty nice buff to apply on the whole fellowship.

    The only things I don't like about the skill are the short distance on the rez and the fact that the cooldown can't be reduced in any way.
    The stats are good, but overall it's a terrible buff, since it only lasts for 20 seconds.
    I am Blackhawk, Leader of
    S T R A Y H O L D
    Forum
    ~Roster ~ Events ~ Chat!
    ~Member of the 2013 Player Council ~
    ...We were not ready to find Aztaur the Balrog, the Frozen Death, the Ice Demon of Thangorodrim. But Find Him We Did...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    732
    This skill's dumb. Tying a buff to the death of a party member is dumb.

    The res. is okay but the 30m cd has yet to be explained.
    105 (Captain, Champion)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Um. These are the stats at 75 (BoN not traited).
    Thx Nakiami, I couldn't log in to check when I mused on this =/

    Quote Originally Posted by Nakiami View Post
    Also, it's only usable after a fellow dies.
    /facedesk as that obviously negates any 'choice' options; can't believe I forgot that, lol
    [B]Vulfen cpt 100[/b]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, NY
    Posts
    3,699
    It's a pretty nice skill IMO, the only other 'instant' rez is the RKs, and that has to be used before the actual death. My main complaint with it, like many others have, is the CD. I'm not sure why it's not affected by gear, LIs, or the trait. Honestly, if any of those three dropped the cooldown it'd be a much nicer skill.

    That being said, this is still my raid group's rez of choice for ToO, since we're all usually grouped up pretty well and it doesn't require anyone to stop what they're doing (not to mention the CD isn't much of a factor in case of a wipe, since all skills reset on boss fights).
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rohan
    Posts
    876
    I'd be fine with it if the cooldown was affected by Blood of Numenor and the legacy that gives a shorter cooldown to Escape from Darkness.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,135
    Yes this move needs to be buffed considerably.

    I've been calling for our in-combat raise abilites to be strengthed for quite some time now on these forums.

    They either need to have their cool-downs drastically lowered or have them reset after ANY combat ends. One or the other - because their current forms just don't do it for me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    136
    Has anyone else heard of Cry of Vengeance rez being bugged? I think twice now someone has taken my rez and it has put them at the start of the instance instead of by my side (and yes I was alive the entire time). Happened in Foundry and Draigoch I think. I need to remember to /bug it if it happens again, but my kin says it's been happening for a while now.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019a62e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,084
    Quote Originally Posted by toom87 View Post
    Has anyone else heard of Cry of Vengeance rez being bugged? I think twice now someone has taken my rez and it has put them at the start of the instance instead of by my side (and yes I was alive the entire time). Happened in Foundry and Draigoch I think. I need to remember to /bug it if it happens again, but my kin says it's been happening for a while now.
    Don't be in the air when you hit it.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

  14. #14
    Doh. I was using it to rez dead people the other night in Acid and they kept appearing somewhere else. How lame. This 20 second timer has to go.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by gherak View Post
    Doh. I was using it to rez dead people the other night in Acid and they kept appearing somewhere else. How lame. This 20 second timer has to go.
    I agree. The 20 second timer to use it is &&&&&&&&.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,362
    its the best buff ive seen in any video game. ever.

    but the cost is HUGE... sumbody gots ta die! ...and it only lasts like 15-20s

    so, its been relegated to, "our bad rezz."

    kinda sad
    "I am always serious; I am never serious." -Me
    "I make the most outrageous and exaggerated statements of any man to ever live, has ever lived, or that will ever live." -Me

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by SapienChavez View Post
    so, its been relegated to, "our bad rezz."
    Yep, our kin calls it the "dirty rez" because of how low the base morale/power is.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d00000019a62e/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Yes this move needs to be buffed considerably.

    I've been calling for our in-combat raise abilites to be strengthed for quite some time now on these forums.

    They either need to have their cool-downs drastically lowered or have them reset after ANY combat ends. One or the other - because their current forms just don't do it for me.
    In combat rezes have high CD for a reason. Short in-combat rezes would change the whole instances mechanics, you need to realize it.

    And it's already possible to have a 2m30 (good) rez. Just keep cry for emergencies.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421500000004a797/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by toom87 View Post
    Has anyone else heard of Cry of Vengeance rez being bugged? I think twice now someone has taken my rez and it has put them at the start of the instance instead of by my side (and yes I was alive the entire time). Happened in Foundry and Draigoch I think. I need to remember to /bug it if it happens again, but my kin says it's been happening for a while now.
    I'm pretty sure it happens when you use the skill while in the air or any kind of invalid spot for the rezzee to spawn at. Same thing happens with the Warleader rez in the moors.

    The skill is useless without the trait for raiding situations. With the trait it's ok (if only so the person doesn't die again immediately), but I have better options to trait for death prevention anyway. I would much rather separate the skill into a rez and a separate short term buff.
    Last edited by Beastnas; Jul 11 2012 at 06:51 AM.
    Beastwise - Captain, R15 | Shock and Awe | Gladden

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonide View Post
    In combat rezes have high CD for a reason. Short in-combat rezes would change the whole instances mechanics, you need to realize it.

    And it's already possible to have a 2m30 (good) rez. Just keep cry for emergencies.
    I strongly disagree. They already reset after raid boss encounters anyways. So there is absolutely no legitimate reason in my mind why this isn't the case everywhere - nor do I understand how it would affect instance mechanics negatively.

    So I stand firmly by what I said. Either the cool downs need to reset after combat, or the cool-downs need to be drastically lowered. One or the other.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jul 11 2012 at 02:27 PM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    The skill is useless without the trait for raiding situations. With the trait it's ok (if only so the person doesn't die again immediately), but I have better options to trait for death prevention anyway. .
    I'm the same way. I have a really hard time justifying to myself giving up a trait spot for such a limited circumstance as when a player dies. I rather use something that has more consistent value.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Othniel View Post
    I'd be fine with it if the cooldown was affected by Blood of Numenor and the legacy that gives a shorter cooldown to Escape from Darkness.
    That would be reasonable, actually, and fits with how BoN improves it and Escape From Darkness.
    Maley Oakensage, Captain of Elendilmir

    Alas Elendilmir, may you *jingle jangle* forever in the Forgotten West

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    I strongly disagree. They already reset after raid boss encounters anyways. So there is absolutely no legitimate reason in my mind why this isn't the case everywhere - nor do I understand how it would affect instance mechanics negatively.

    So I stand firmly by what I said. Either the cool downs need to reset after combat, or the cool-downs need to be drastically lowered. One or the other.
    End-game bosses are one thing. They are particular fights. And ToO boses were designed with THAT in mind.
    Turbine will not make «blowing rezes like candy» a viable figthing strategy, you can't forget that. CD are CDs for a reason.

    And I'm strongly against 2m30 rezzes. It just creates bad captains IMHO.
    Now, if you say: improve the cappy rezzing skills and fellowship death responses: i'm 1000% for. Reducing rezzes CDs is a TERRIBLE idea.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0421500000004a797/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonide View Post
    End-game bosses are one thing. They are particular fights. And ToO boses were designed with THAT in mind.
    Turbine will not make «blowing rezes like candy» a viable figthing strategy, you can't forget that. CD are CDs for a reason.

    And I'm strongly against 2m30 rezzes. It just creates bad captains IMHO.
    Now, if you say: improve the cappy rezzing skills and fellowship death responses: i'm 1000% for. Reducing rezzes CDs is a TERRIBLE idea.
    I never said make the CDs so short that you can "blow through them like candy". That's unreasonable.

    And like I said, I would be fine with simply making them reset when out of combat. But I strongly believe Captains should have these abilities available to them during combat. If it's fine that they reset for raid boss encoutners, then they should reset for other encounters too. That wouldn't imbalance the game or negatively impact instance mechanics in any way I can think of.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    732
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonide View Post
    Reducing rezzes CDs is a TERRIBLE idea.
    EfD's effective cooldown is 10m with an emblem swap + trait.

    For some reason CoV has a 30m cooldown and nothing that effects it. it should really be dropped to a 20m cooldown; Frankly i'd prefer 10 minutes.

    10 minutes is still too long... But would be easier to manage for the dev's, I suppose... And we do have 2 res's.

    Hypothetically you are wiping on a non-raid boss in a 6man, or raid-trash. It takes about 5 minutes per wipe if your group is reasonably quick and contains very few smokers. That means if I use CoV, I have to go through 5 more wipes before it's back off cooldown. That's a pretty ridiculous timeframe and I don't understand the justification for it. It turns CoV into more of a 'raid-only' res.

    Conversely EfD is a better res (more m/p), which has a small induction, but also never respawns people at the beginning of an instance; It has no buff associated with it, but also never misses because a guy is out of range. And EfD doesn't go on cooldown if you use it on a guy who has already been res'd. AND you can drop the cooldown to 10m with very little investment. There are ways to drop it even further, but I won't mention them for the moment.

    I just don't understand. What is the point of having it on a 30m cd? Maybe at one point this made sense when you could reset the res. with Time Of Need, and it would res two people. But it doesn't anymore.
    105 (Captain, Champion)

 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload