We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Riders of Rohan, Lua and User interface

Hi,
    RoR is coming soon, next September, it would be nice to have a word from Narrel about that.

Lua scripting writers will need new information about the game changes.
    User interface makers will need new information about the game changes.

Many players are using Lua and modified UI, are used to them, it will be very sad to have everything broken the day RoR arrive.

If you can help Lua and UI creators keeping everything working for RoR it will be a great thing !
    I know we certainly have to wait for the open beta but think about it in advance, don't let everything going wrong with no solution ready !

Thanks and good luck !

Sapience's Teaser gave us some things to watch out for

As we have seen from Thursday's video -- there are many changes which will impact both Lua writers and Skinners.

Similarly, the Discovering the Descendant Deed gave us a couple of the new War-Steed abilities to think about.

One hopes that Narrel can post the API and Skinning Updates "within hours" of the RoR release.

And just a further tease -- I noted this morning that the Bullroarer "login bulletin" had been updated (finally) to say the server is closed. AND the patchserver is up.

.... now just waiting for an invitation.
    Bill Magill Mac Player
    (OTG)
    Val - Man Minstrel (90)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (69)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valanne - Beorning (90)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (65)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (86)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (80)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (70)
    Valanne - Beorning (92)
    Ninth - Man Warden (65)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

gosh so excited about riders of rohan coming

hope they start inviting again soon to test it, miss testing, tested some of these plugins so far still having trouble getting some of them to work got the plugins menu thats great fantastic idea , that sure helps . thanks

Narrel is offline The Lord of the Rings Online Team
    Turbine, Inc.
    I'll try to get you guys some information for the RoR Lua updates in the coming weeks. And yes, once the launch happens, I will definitely be getting a full update posted for the Lua API as well as a RoR skinning pack as soon as possible.

~Nar

Quote Originally Posted by Narrel View Post
    I'll try to get you guys some information for the RoR Lua updates in the coming weeks. And yes, once the launch happens, I will definitely be getting a full update posted for the Lua API as well as a RoR skinning pack as soon as possible.

~Nar
    Hooray!

Any hints as to what we might see... I mean, just hints. Not details.

EDIT: Just realised this releases September 1... And I go back to work September 1... DAMMIT!
    Last edited by Dvarlin; Aug 02 2012 at 01:51 AM.
    Formerly know as [B]MrJackdaw[/B]
    Author of [I]Bevy-o-Bars, SortPack, VBar[/I] and [I]BuffFrame[/I]
    Characters; [B]Dirmac[/B], [B]Dvarlin [/B]and [B]Fathiriel[/B]

Plugin authors should get priority invites to beta so that they can get their code updated before the launch occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by VincentAC View Post
    Plugin authors should get priority invites to beta so that they can get their code updated before the launch occurs.
    This.
    Formerly know as [B]MrJackdaw[/B]
    Author of [I]Bevy-o-Bars, SortPack, VBar[/I] and [I]BuffFrame[/I]
    Characters; [B]Dirmac[/B], [B]Dvarlin [/B]and [B]Fathiriel[/B]

With the NDA now lifted, and having seen that the new switching of quickslot banks when mounting a warsteed will break things for every skin that uses a modified toolbar...

Any news?

Would be oh so handy to be able to get a head start on modifying that mounted combat toolbar so that it doesn't turn into the garbled mess it does at the moment if your not using a standard toolbar.

Would also love to get hold of what the trigger is for switching to the mounted bank of quickslots so it could be incorporated into a Lua quickslot hotbar - The beta has given lots of people issues with nausea / motion sickness and the best way I found to combat it was by being able to keep my eyes more focused on the middle of the screen, and having all my mounted skills positioned in a quickbar sitting towards the center made things a heap better for me.. but would like to be able to trigger it to pop up when warsteed mounted

Edit: /slapforhead. At least some of what I was looking for has been available to me for weeks....

Came in on beta after round 1 and read the release notes from there on... with NDA lifted, is it ok to post the Lua section from release notes 0?
    Last edited by Eriandor; Aug 25 2012 at 03:35 AM.
    [center][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000005cda8/signature.png]Delone[/charsig]
    Elebornir 85 LM / Eldanathior 77 Minstrel / Eoemer 75 Champion. Too many alts to list [/center]