We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 376
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Huntusk
    Posts
    265

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Temporary Experience Bonus (Destiny Points)

    I knew this from very early on but I'll mention it since so many others that I tell about it basically echo, "Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!".

    A lot of folks seem to assume the XP bonus bought with DP is just a +X% for Y time duration based on the "temporary" description. However, in reality it's not a buff or any real sort of temporary duration.

    What it does is literally buy you "Rested XP". At around Lv15, for just 150 DP (or was it 250 DP), you can buy Rested XP for about 25% of the entire level. As far as I can tell, it lasts forever just like naturally accumulated Rested XP.

    A lot of folks seem to avoid it since they think it's a buff that won't be effecient to a quester, but in reality it's very advantageous to anyone since you basically get faster XP at any pace.

    So I highly recomend it since it lets you buy a real nice chunk of accelerated Rested XP for a relatively low amount of DP.
    --------------------
    Kyan Mehwulfe, the Red-axe Grim
    Warlord of the Nes'Gwenth Mountains
    Huntusk: http://www3.telus.net/public/mehwulfe

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    92

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Excellent information throughout this thread, could we please get a sticky on this?

  3. #78

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Under combat options turn on the "Directional Selection Indicator" in order to have a small line drawn from your character's feet to whatever you have selected. The line is color coded to indicate different types of objects. This is extremely useful for finding chests/scholar nodes.

  4. #79

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    KyanMehWulfe and Suikoden4,

    Your contributions have been included above. Thank you!

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    79

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Save your Sweet Lobelia seeds. Each character can only do the quest once that gives you your few precious seeds--they can't be bought, except maybe at the AH. If you try to crossbreed them (at least until seed yields are fixed), you will loose them all before you can make Eagle's Nest.

  6. #81

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Not all agro mobs will attack right away. If you get them past them quickly they will just ignore you. Example would be cave claws. You will see message saying they are threatening to attack, but you can run through whole groups of them and they will not chase you. If you stand still though they will indeed come after you.
    Say Yoho - Everything spins around and suddenly I'm elsewhere...
    [URL="http://www.msadams.com"]M. Scott Adams (Not Dilbert, Adventure!)[/URL]
    Proud leader of [URL="http://www.vindicators.org"]Vindicators of Landroval[/URL]

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bathed in a soothing LCD glow
    Posts
    388

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Great thread!

    One minor note though: You do not die from falling into water. (Unless of course, it's really shallow water!)

    I've gone base jumping off the side of that gorge north of Bree several times, and have never once died. And that fall is far enough to kill anyone.
    [I]"Beauty is on the inside!" - Anubias
    "Yeah... but hawt elven chicks are still cool." - SoulMonarch[/I]

  8. #83

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Calimmacil and ScottAdams,

    Thank you for your contributions, they've been added!



    SoulMonarch,

    That poses a curious situation. Some say you will die from falling from great height into deep water, some say you won't. Any brave third parties interested in confirming whether this is the case?

    Please PM me with your findings!

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Bathed in a soothing LCD glow
    Posts
    388

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    I can check again later, but won't have time till sometime tomorrow. If someone else wants to confirm before then, then schweet.

    I'm reasonably sure that I am correct. (And if not, how did I fall that far and not die?) But I'll admit to being wrong on occasion!
    [I]"Beauty is on the inside!" - Anubias
    "Yeah... but hawt elven chicks are still cool." - SoulMonarch[/I]

  10. #85

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulMonarch View Post
    I can check again later, but won't have time till sometime tomorrow. If someone else wants to confirm before then, then schweet.

    I'm reasonably sure that I am correct. (And if not, how did I fall that far and not die?) But I'll admit to being wrong on occasion!

    Sounds like a plan, keep me posted!



    Patience and the LOTRO team, thank you for making this thread stickied!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    632

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slave_to_the_Wheek View Post
    I can't believe I can actually add something to this thread. I read it over lunch.

    You don't have to "shift" + right click to bury bodies or search bags actually. I find that right clicking instantly starts the prospecting/searching bar. I just walk up, and right click without selecting it at all.

    At least I'm prettty sure of that... I'm still at freaking work though so I can't confirm.

    Okay, I confirmed this one. You do not have to select anything by left clicking or hitting shift. if you want to "hit" "search" or whatever on a body or box or even a target.. You can just mouse over it and right click to instantly select and begin action. It's how I do everything without even realizing it.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    632

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by ScottAdams View Post
    Not all agro mobs will attack right away. If you get them past them quickly they will just ignore you. Example would be cave claws. You will see message saying they are threatening to attack, but you can run through whole groups of them and they will not chase you. If you stand still though they will indeed come after you.
    Someone told me this has to do with how far above or below your level they are and how far their aggro range is set. Level 2 or Level 20 mobs wont's chase a level 11 hunter but a Level 7-? will.

    I never had a warg attack..unless I did it first. Boy did I regret THAT one. He incapacitatade me in one stroke.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    45

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Fellowship Manuevers (spheres) are bindable to hotkeys inside the keymapping options. Its near the very bottom of the list. Having to not click the sphere can save your life.

    Request: Take away the assist portion of the conjunction and just have it do it automatically when the conjunction starts. Also the name of the player for each option chosen in the sequence screen would be a nice touch.
    [b]Luna, Daughter of [url=http://www.ascensionguild.com]Ascension[/url][/b]
    [url=http://www.ascensionguild.com/lotro/compendium.html]Luna's Compendium[/url]
    [url=http://www.ascensionguild.com/lotro/races.html]Races of Lotro[/url]
    [url=http://www.ascensionguild.com/lotro/]Adamar's Screenshot Gallery[/url]

  14. #89

    Talking Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by rocco81b View Post
    You should add to your vendor wording like "stuff that is locked is not added to your total." I had to experiment to learn that myself, LOL.

    Oh, a similar tip. Make sure you lock items you wish to keep.

    2) almost all souvenirs from creatures/humanoids are trash. Sell them to a vendor. Not purple stuff though. sell those to players.

    3) If you are doing prospecting, don't sell your stuff to a vendor. Place it on the AH.

    4) Use bronze tools. what comes free breaks often, Iron is expensive to repair.

    5) Don't buy your gear for now. Just use looted items. (Unfortunately) crafted items are not as good as loot.

    6) Most hobbits are only concerned about their mail. Step on them.

    7) yes, you CAN die falling off a large cliff. Don't try it.

    9) Ensure you repair your items after EVERY trip into the wilderness. Never know how long you will be gone next time.

    10) I should have put in a 8. Dang it. Darn public education.

    11) To report gold farmers, hit escape, click help. Click on new ticket, choose harrassment. Also use this if somebody repeatedly says stuff to offend you, even after asking them to stop.

    12) /loc is used for bug reporting, ;loc has more useable coordinates. If you see floating items, or stuff like that, first do /loc. THEN file your bug reports. It tells the developers exactly where you were in the report.

    13) Don't be afraid of asking what you think is a stupid question in /advice channel. Ask away, we don't bite. Hard.
    In # 11 it said to report gold farmers, I don,t believe this you should waste the support teams time reporting something that is not against any of the user agreements, Just a thought.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    121

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowscale View Post
    In # 11 it said to report gold farmers, I don,t believe this you should waste the support teams time reporting something that is not against any of the user agreements, Just a thought.
    You're joking, right?

    Maybe you're nitpicking "gold farming" into meaning something besides "someone messaging me to SELL me game gold in U.S. dollars that he has farmed"?
    -*-
    Your grammar is excellent.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    988

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Archon View Post
    You're joking, right?

    Maybe you're nitpicking "gold farming" into meaning something besides "someone messaging me to SELL me game gold in U.S. dollars that he has farmed"?
    I think they key here is terminology. There is nothing wrong with gold farming, whether that means grinding humanoid mobs or literally farming in the Shire.

    What is not allowed is gold selling for real world money.

  17. #92

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by Slave_to_the_Wheek View Post
    Okay, I confirmed this one. You do not have to select anything by left clicking or hitting shift. if you want to "hit" "search" or whatever on a body or box or even a target.. You can just mouse over it and right click to instantly select and begin action. It's how I do everything without even realizing it.
    Slave_of_the_Wheek,
    Thank you for the additional research! I'm going to list your contribution as an additional item under Looting as alternative looting method!

    Flay,
    Your contribution has been added, thank you!
    Last edited by sindrael; Apr 26 2007 at 06:14 PM.

  18. #93

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by Flay View Post
    Fellowship Manuevers (spheres) are bindable to hotkeys inside the keymapping options. Its near the very bottom of the list. Having to not click the sphere can save your life.

    Request: Take away the assist portion of the conjunction and just have it do it automatically when the conjunction starts. Also the name of the player for each option chosen in the sequence screen would be a nice touch.
    I didn't realize until later, that selected conjunction choices appear over the respective players heads! My guildmate pointed that out one time during the "Pause" before the conjunction executed. Anyhow, hope someone views your request!


    I also didn't know that you could change your mind DURING a conjunction! Sometimes in a PUG, a less than ideal conjunction choice may be initiated, but you still have a brief window of opportunity to select another color/conjuction before it executes!
    Last edited by sindrael; Apr 27 2007 at 01:34 AM.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    210

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Every day someone asks how to talk in the LFF channel and gets told that it's /L. That might be a useful tip to add.
    [URL="http://my.lotro.com/character/silverlode/eve/"]Eve[/URL] of Silverlode (65 Guardian)
    Zatherine of Brandywine (44 Guardian, Angmar Closed Beta)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000000500/01008/signature.png]Eve[/charsig]

  20. #95

    Thumbs up Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Nice list ^^

  21. #96

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    I wish I would have known how much BestBuy Sucks so I could actually be playing the game now.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Don't forget ... If you run low on morale and need to regen fast before your next battle, eating food helps. Also, use /sit or even better /liedown to speed morale regen even more.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    988

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirrordude View Post
    Don't forget ... If you run low on morale and need to regen fast before your next battle, eating food helps. Also, use /sit or even better /liedown to speed morale regen even more.
    Does that really work (sitting or liedowning?). Also, another trick you can do is to put on your founders cloak. Unless your normal cloak has a high Vitality bonus, your founders cloak is probably faster at regenning morale.

  24. #99

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by sindrael View Post
    Calimmacil and ScottAdams,

    Thank you for your contributions, they've been added!



    SoulMonarch,

    That poses a curious situation. Some say you will die from falling from great height into deep water, some say you won't. Any brave third parties interested in confirming whether this is the case?

    Please PM me with your findings!
    I have jumped many times from cliffs into deep water, and have never been hurt. Find great shortcuts that way
    .


    Some people are like slinkies. Useless, but still entertaining to push down stairs.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Posts
    632

    Re: Official: Things I Wish I Knew Earlier!

    Quote Originally Posted by rocco81b View Post
    I have jumped many times from cliffs into deep water, and have never been hurt. Find great shortcuts that way
    Ditto. Diving off Staddle Falls is quite fun.

 

 
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload