We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Is the PvP lvl 88 armour changing with Riders of Rohan?

As the title suggests

I really dont want to spend comms on Armour which will be phased out

And will creeps instantly become lvl 80?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000025f8b1/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

[IMG]http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii500/supermaco/2800703.png[/IMG]

Isn't cap going to 85?

And yes, you will have to grind comms for new armor just like creeps have to grind comms for new ranks of aud.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420801000011a1c9/signature.png]Feelmybite[/charsig]

Yeah, I believe the cap is 85. Yeah, I kinda figured another grind for ranks of aud.
    Silverlode:
    Freep: R8 Burglar - Langthain (Retired)
    Creeps: R8 Spider - Spidicense (Retired), R8 Warg - Bytez (Retired)

No, you will not have to use comms for the new pvmp armour. It will be available in the lotro store for the low price of $19.95 a piece.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205000000002f5c/signature.png]Bambam[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by bambam21 View Post
    No, you will not have to use comms for the new pvmp armour. It will be available in the lotro store for the low price of $19.95 a piece.
    Hmmm. Cynical as I often am about the store, I really doubt it.

What we COULD see, which is even better, is a consumable that gives you a temporary audacity bump. Yeah, that's the ticket

Anyway to OP, my best guess is the update will bring similar armor to the current, with same set bonuses (and mix and matching with current sets). The armor will have audacity 2 per piece and higher stats. You will need to pay the full commendation price for the new armor (perhaps with a small discount to upgrades, but I'd not count on it). Totally a guess, but it seems pretty plausible. You'll have to wait for the open part of the beta start to get a better answer, and things are subject to change until the last minute anyway.

Nothing is permanent, a new grind always awaits -- that is life in MMO-land. Hopefully game/PvP will be fun enough to justify it. I've been having fun, but haven't been doing it long enough to burn out. Except for the bloody lag, which is maddening...

Nothing more like grinding in a PvP world. :\ Where you do more PvE over PvP, lol.
    Silverlode:
    Freep: R8 Burglar - Langthain (Retired)
    Creeps: R8 Spider - Spidicense (Retired), R8 Warg - Bytez (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by Samus1111111 View Post
    Isn't cap going to 85?

And yes, you will have to grind comms for new armor just like creeps have to grind comms for new ranks of aud.
    Yeah, but the difference is, while your audacity remains the same on level 85, freeps have to either use a statwise outdated armour to keep their audacity level or use level 85 armour completely without audacity.

Best thing would be, doing it the same as with the former armour sets, let us barter our lvl 75 moors sets for the same sets with stats adjusted to lvl 85
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a00000013b4a9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Honestly hope the stats for damage classes become more survival/utility based.

More survivability, and less crit based damage for hunters/burgs is one example.

One huge issue is still freepside spike damage.
    The classes capable of this are; Burgs, LM's, Hunters, RK's, Minstrels(perhaps not so much anymore??) and champs.

On the armour, things need to be put in place to reduce and restrict crit based damage entirely, and placed into exchange with survival utility or alternate forms of class function. This means no crit multipliers or excessive crit ratings (as in, really &&&&&& crit ratings).

One thing that would rekindle my hope for PvP is if upon RoR, champs could no longer take 50% of a creeps health with one attack, or 20% with a combination two.
    Hunters could come nowhere close to 1/2 shotting things.
    Burglars took more than one crit chain to kill things (They are meant to be an assassin class, but come on, there has to be limits!).
    LM's can no longer use the same three or four skills to take up to 2/5 of a tank specced warleaders health for each of said skill.
    RK's are not doing anywhere near the burst damage they are now.

I haven't seen any big spikes from minstrels in awhile, but I'm sure it's still around.

As far as the unmentioned freep classes, I have no issue with their armour currently, and would like to see the armours only changed in comparison with their set bonuses (Wardens stackable inc healing debuff LOL. Let them have one, but be able to negate incoming heals entirely??).

Of course, now all of this simply has to be rid of, or toned down very, very significantly. In exchange for something more beneficial to overall PvP, while at the same time remaining useful to the said class. So, gifting hunters their more realistic 1v1's back to them and such things as that. This shouldn't be LoL style PvP where the fights are over in 5 seconds. The moors certainly was not initially designed that way, and will continue to refuse to function properly if it remains as such.

Much expansion remains on this note, however I felt it necessary to mention my thoughts on PvP armour.
    Last edited by Untg99; Jul 03 2012 at 06:32 AM.