We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

[Summer Fun 2012] July Parade of Homes, July 13, 2012

This is an event that will be held on the Silverlode server. Lords of Brotherhood will be hosting a "Parade of Homes". The event will be focused on visiting other players' houses to view their trophies and décor. But if that's not your cup of tea, we will have TWO main CONTESTS: Best Decorated House and Worst Decorated House. The requirement for these will simply be that each will have to have, at the minimum, 2/4 of their decorations slots occupied. The contests will each have a 15 Gold reward, a stack of food (your choice, so long as I have the recipe or the recipe isn't rep-gated), and a random amount of buff tomes as well as other goodies. Turbine has graciously offered to provide 500 TP Codes and Perlino Steed Codes as a reward for these two contests.

The starting time for this will be 1 PM Server Time, 10 AM PDT. This event is open to the public, and all are welcome. My only request is that everyone be nice to one another. No trolling, please.

If you would like to participate, mail Sibastian to RSVP a slot, or reply to this thread. If you would like to have your house visited during it, please include the address. Also, prior to the event start time, make sure your house settings allow the participants to visit. Allowing the participants to use your decoration is highly recommended, but is optional.

For more information, mail questions to Sibastian. Please do not send tells.

Edit: PDT time has been fixed to 10 AM instead of 10 PM. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers,
    Sibastian Valkyrie
    Last edited by Drelza; Jul 09 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Smile

Good luck with the event.

Are kinship homes allowed? If so, add Don't Tempt Me Frodo to the list: Thorin's Hall Homesteads, Menbry, ‎2 highspires.

**Would also like to add my personal house in the Shire to the list: Serrigar's Nook, 6 Chalk Road. And if I may, my mom's personal home in the Shire: Serrigar's Nook 1 Harrow Road (we live next door to each other).
    Last edited by Seanaci; Jul 03 2012 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Adding address info for personal homes
    Cesela Woodgreen - Officer of Don't Tempt Me Frodo
    Formerly of Silverlode
    Now of Crickhollow

Kinship homes will be allowed, yes. However, they will not be allowed to participate in the competition.
    Last edited by Drelza; Jul 04 2012 at 04:01 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000028bc08/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

A Few Edits

I've removed the Worst Decorated House. In replacement, the Best Decorated House contest will have 3 winning tiers. The prizes of each are as follows.

Tier 1) 15g, 1 Perlino Steed Code, 1 500 TP Code, 1 Stack of Stat Food (Winner's Choice, so long as I have the recipe), 1 Tome (Coordinator's choice)

Tier 2) 10g, 1 500 TP Code, 2 Tomes (Coordinator's choice)

Tier 3) 5g, 1 500 TP Code, Cosmetic Cloak, and if any are left, Tome(s) (Coordinator's choice)

Winners will be chosen by participants' votes.

I understand the time slot for the event is during most peoples' work day, so you DO NOT have to be in-game to participate in the event.

Cheers
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0620500000028bc08/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Finished attending the parade a few minutes ago, and votes are still being tabulated (fear the chad!), but I wanted to say thanks now to Sib for organizing this fun event. Was a lot of fun visiting everyone's place, and seeing what they've done with it.

Many others expressed enjoyment, and hopes that it will return next year. If so, I hope to join again then.

Thanks!
    Silverlode lvl100 raiding characters: Glaistig Skop | lvl100 solo and small group characters: Bede, Elentir, & Wibba

Moochinbras - former expert treasure-hunter of Silverlode, now enjoying retirement on Landroval

Talking

I had a great time! Thank you so much for organizing this. It was so much fun riding around and seeing all the different houses. Wish we had more player events on Silverlode, maybe this will help to get the ball rolling. Was nice to meet and hang out with everyone for awhile.
    ~*~ Rîn of Paur en Mellyn ~*~ Landroval ~*~
    ~ Originally of Silverlode ~
    ~*~ Zeirlynn, Minstrel ~ Zeirneth, Champion ~ Zeiramethyst, Guardian ~*~

So sorry I missed the fun! Was out on a date with the hubs for our anniversary. :P

Congrats to the winners (whomever they might be)!
    Cesela Woodgreen - Officer of Don't Tempt Me Frodo
    Formerly of Silverlode
    Now of Crickhollow

Who were the winners?
    ~*~ Rîn of Paur en Mellyn ~*~ Landroval ~*~
    ~ Originally of Silverlode ~
    ~*~ Zeirlynn, Minstrel ~ Zeirneth, Champion ~ Zeiramethyst, Guardian ~*~