We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Deed Location Maps

I started making these deed maps for my own use and thought others might find them useful too.

They contain all Explorer deed POI's and recommended slayer-deed locations. They are based on the info in my Completionist Tracker, which is kept as accurate as possible, and will be updated along with it.

So far, I have made them for these areas, and will finish the rest of the areas if there's enough interest.

Overview can be found here.

Any input is welcome.

Here is an example of the North Downs. Click to enlarge.

Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Oct 24 2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Retired. My LOTRO projects will no longer be maintained.

Ah interesting. I only knew of the German Version.

As I usually game in English(hate German mobnames), your Version is also appreciated.

Red face

As one that loves to clear a area before moving on, this is something that personally i would love and use.
    Really nice work there

Woaw, nice work !
    Thanks for sharing Lady Whiteberry.

./bow

Very much interested. +rep to you.
    Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue.

Cool Huzzah!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteberry_Laurelin View Post
    if there's enough interest.
    Thank you, I needed some guide to get TPs for the Great River quest pack that will be on sale. This will help indeed.

Your map of the North-Downs helped me finally finish off those stronghold exploration deeds I've had in my journal for who-knows-how-long. Keep up the good work, Whiteberry!
    Tarthamir's IC [URL="http://themarch.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7483462&gid=225071&gid=225071"]Art[/URL] and [URL="http://themarch.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7475013&gid=225071&gid=225071"]Literature[/URL]

These are far and away the best deed maps I've seen. +rep, many thanks, and definitely interested in more!

/applause

This is so, so much appreciated... who knows, maybe your help I'll be able to shrug off the title of Easily Lost. Though that might have more to do with oh, SHINY! and every detour that leads to, rather than inability to figure out the landscapes...

~ Chieftain Atriohm, Cotfk

Nice work.

Thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Atriohm View Post
    You have nice map deed locations and notes.

I'm not wanting to kill a good idea and good effort, but possibly to avoid unneeded effort: I'm not sure yours are needed since the link quoted above basically provides the same into for all released maps to date, plus more locations for questing, etc.

Regards
    [SIZE=2][B][COLOR=goldenrod]Aphadrim uin Calad (Followers of Light) Kinship on Elendilmir[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
    [size=1][URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=249684]AuC Official LOTRO Forum Thread[/URL]
    [COLOR=#0ac92b]Gloriel Ingalad's Elven RP Poems & Stories [url=http://my.lotro.com/character/elendilmir/gloriel/journal/]Here[/url][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#e33638]Tester from SoA Alpha Phase 3 through Update 6 & Founder[/COLOR] ... [url=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?173114-Along-the-Paths-of-Middle-earth][color=#8deeee]Link to over [b]700[/b] of my quality screenshots[/color][/url][/SIZE]

Thank you all for the positive feedback

Quote Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
    You have nice map deed locations and notes.

I'm not wanting to kill a good idea and good effort, but possibly to avoid unneeded effort: I'm not sure yours are needed since the link quoted above basically provides the same into for all released maps to date, plus more locations for questing, etc.

Regards
    Thanks. I know of the above dynamic map, but it is not the same as I am creating here.

My idea is to have a simple map with explorer and slayer deeds alone in one overview - where you don't have to know the deed's names etc. beforehand or filter other things out. I prefer to have my second monitor showing the deed map without having to select things or search for names - or looking on other websites for what deeds there are.

So, I consider this very different from the dynamic map, which is great info and kudos to them, but it's not that useful to me personally when doing explorer/slayer deeds.

I don't think anyone is surprised that the info is out there already in various forms to be honest - and most can be found on the Lorebook for individual deeds. I just haven't seen anything specific on deed POI's and slayer deeds in one overview.
    Last edited by Whiteberry_Laurelin; Jul 01 2012 at 02:48 PM.

These are great!! Was in the process of writing down a whole bunch of co-ords. Now I will just print out the maps.
    Thanks

Very nice work on these Whiteberry!

I did notice a few mistakes on the Ered Luin Map...
    • Numbers 25 (Master of Beasts), 26 (Spiders), & 28 (Wolves) are all jumbled up:
      • 25 should only be in Sarnur but it is listed also where 26 should be in eastern Haudh Lin.
      • 26 is shown where 28 should be at Nen Hilith and is not shown where it should be north of Kheledul in eastern Haudh Lin which is shown as 25.
      • 28 isn't shown anywhere but should be where 26 is incorrectly shown at Nen Hilith.
    And just a bit of nit-piking here, on the Bree-Land map (to help if an area is congested with players)...
    • Number 19 (Brigands) should also be listed at number 10 (South-guard Ruins).
    • Number 20 (Neeker-breekers) could also be shown at Halecatch Lake just south of Bree.
    • Number 21 (Orcs) could also be shown over at the ruins on the western shore of Nen Harn above Far Chetwood.
    Last edited by Adder; Jul 01 2012 at 06:55 PM.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][SIZE=4][I][COLOR=orange]Adder[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE][/B][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=orange][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=80048"][COLOR=orange][FONT=Book Antiqua][B]Hidden Nuggets we see all the time...[/B] [/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]- Hall of Fame Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Adder%E2%80%99s_/Mood_y_Emote_Compendium"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=orange][B]Adder’s /Mood_y /Emotes Compendium[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]- [/COLOR][COLOR=lemonchiffon]LoreBook[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][URL="http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?t=161639"][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][COLOR=orange]Announcing LOTRO Total Housing Redesign![/COLOR][/B] [/FONT][/URL][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=lemonchiffon]-[/COLOR] [COLOR=lemonchiffon]Suggestions Forum[/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Very helpful. Thank you!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000127f91/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Fantastic work!

Quote Originally Posted by Adder View Post
    Very nice work on these Whiteberry! :)

I did notice a few mistakes on the Ered Luin Map...
    • Numbers 25 (Master of Beasts), 26 (Spiders), & 28 (Wolves) are all jumbled up:
      • 25 should only be in Sarnur but it is listed also where 26 should be in eastern Haudh Lin.
      • 26 is shown where 28 should be at Nen Hilith and is not shown where it should be north of Kheledul in eastern Haudh Lin which is shown as 25.
      • 28 isn't shown anywhere but should be where 26 is incorrectly shown at Nen Hilith.
    And just a bit of nit-piking here, on the Bree-Land map (to help if an area is congested with players)...
    • Number 19 (Brigands) should also be listed at number 10 (South-guard Ruins).
    • Number 20 (Neeker-breekers) could also be shown at Halecatch Lake just south of Bree.
    • Number 21 (Orcs) could also be shown over at the ruins on the western shore of Nen Harn above Far Chetwood.
    I corrected the Ered Luin map, since you are right that they were jumbled up. Thanks :)

I added the Bree-land notes, which I think made sense without cluttering the maps too much.

I appreciate the input :)

Thank you for getting me organised
    + rep

And the minstrel sang to them……”and they passed in thought out to regions where pain and delight flow together and tears are the very wine of blessedness.”

20. Very nice maps!

I agree with Whiteberry, although the information is also contained in the ruslotro maps, these maps are for a specific purpose and I think it's incredibly helpful that it's all "at a glance" instead of having to navigate the drop down menu for each location.

Plus for those of us running slower computers, we only have to have a picture open instead of a browser.
    ?ª"˜¨¨?ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸??? LOTRO???¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯ ¯¨¨˜"ª?¨¨˜"ª?

I like those a great deal. I hope you get to finish them all (with help of course ). I'll be keeping an eye out for more.
    Therridan - 72 Man Champion -- Glamdri - 45 Dwarf Guardian -- Glamdrinal - 32 Elf Loremaster -- Hoster - 26 Hobbit Burglar -- Whillem - 26 Hobbit Minstrel -- Therridane - 28 Man Warden -- Vingsir - 21 Dwarf Runekeeper -- Therriana - 17 Man Captain -- Elendrienal - 21 Elf Hunter --- All of Brandywine.

Thank you everyone for the input and comments.

I will continue making the maps for the next zones and also make a simple navigation for them. Please continue to write comments/ideas/additions here, and I'll add them continuously.

For North Downs, I'd suggest moving, or duplicating, the Warg Deeding spot. I've found the best place to deed them is in Annundir, at someone-or-other's scar? Can't remember the exact name of the place, but it's NE of Stoneheight. There's a hill with TONS of wargs that respawn quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanda View Post
    For North Downs, I'd suggest moving, or duplicating, the Warg Deeding spot. I've found the best place to deed them is in Annundir, at someone-or-other's scar? Can't remember the exact name of the place, but it's NE of Stoneheight. There's a hill with TONS of wargs that respawn quickly.
    They spawn quicker and don't share spawns with wolves as they do at Amlaith's Scar, kill them all on the way down and by time you have got back to the top of the area they have respawned, where as at Amlaith's Scar there are alot less wargs and they share spawns with the Wolves and Bears

Nice work!
    Formerly from Elendilmir

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.
    Gen. Patton

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast