We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can't get Welcome to Harwick quest line

I've searched the forums for this problem and mine seems to be unique. I don't know if there is a bug or I am just stupid, but here is my problem.

I have done all the quests in Harwick and in the camp south of Harwick (forgot the name). I've trained on my war steed. Killed flys, wargs and salamanders. I killed Cinder. I went to the mead hall and was told the Thane was too busy. I have been all over and there are absolutely no quests for me anywhere, yet I have never received the Welcome to Harwick quest. So, I am locked out of the mead hall and currently have nothing to do. The folks from Langhold are camped outside of Harwick, but there are no quests for me there either.

What am I doing wrong? Unless I can figure this out I am at a dead end in the expansion.

Would appreciate any assistance to get me out of this predicament.

Elvallas

The issue I had similar to this was because my auto-quest UI was hidden behind other things. There are 3 auto-granted quests that I needed to accept and close before I could get that quest line.

1 was killing Salamanders.
    1 was killing THE Salamander.
    1 was killing boars.

Make sure your UI is in order (move the grant quest UI out if needed) and then travel around those places to see if you can get those 3 quests. But since you have the auto-quests needed to get your mount, I'm guessing you may just need to travel around the swampy area some more. The big salamander is in a ruin in the swamp.

Hope you get it solved quickly, I know its a pain to not know when/where to go.

Thanks for the response. I have done the 3 quests where you kill the boars, flies and wargs. Also did the Warband: Cinder quest where you kill THE salamander. I've also collected weeds. I have ridden all over the areas surrounding Harwick and I can't find any other quest I haven't done. I even did the war steed tutorial twice on the chance that would help. I'm really stuck here and don't know what to do. It seems I can't go any further in the RoR quest line until I figure this out. I'm getting kinda tired of riding around the same areas over and over and over again and finding nothing. Sorta takes the fun out of the game.

Update.....logged in my character to take one more look around. The quest UI popped up on the screen for Warband: Cinder. I had already completed it once and not sure why the UI popped up again as I was in town, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to do it again. So, went out on my war steed and killed Cinder again. Got the XP and another blue box but still no access to the Welcome to Harwick quest. Rats!

I'm at my wits end. I have been over every inch of the areas in and around Langhold, Harwick and Feldburg. I've done every quest everyone says I should but I am still at this dead end. What's really frustrating is there is no way for me to progress further. I guess I could go to Loth and work on the epic quests.

Any ideas........anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by corkscrew View Post
    Thanks for the response. I have done the 3 quests where you kill the boars, flies and wargs. Also did the Warband: Cinder quest where you kill THE salamander. I've also collected weeds. I have ridden all over the areas surrounding Harwick and I can't find any other quest I haven't done. I even did the war steed tutorial twice on the chance that would help. I'm really stuck here and don't know what to do. It seems I can't go any further in the RoR quest line until I figure this out. I'm getting kinda tired of riding around the same areas over and over and over again and finding nothing. Sorta takes the fun out of the game.
    Just to clarify, THE salamander is NOT Cinder. Cinder is a warband. You mentioned flies but not salamanders. You have to kill 8 or 10 salamanders and in that area you also get a quest (auto-granted) to kill a named salamander (not cinder) in the ruins there.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the clarification. I did do the quest to kill the salamanders, but I don't remember getting a quest to kill a specific salamander other than the Warband:Cinder. There are no quests in my quest log at this time other than Tasks. Any idea how I can get that named salamander quest?? I'm thinking maybe that is the one I am missing.

Thanks so much for your help Huckleberry. I really appreciate it.

I think you have done the first instance in the Mead hall, you get teleported to Feldburg at the end.
    Storywise, you are tresspassing in the Wold, and you have to some quests for the captain of Harding in Feldburg.
    You will need the quest 'On notice!' to start those quests. 'Welcome to Harwick' is given at the end of the 'On notice!' chain.

Edit: I seem to have misread something. You are actually beyond Feldburg. After Feldburg, you still have to do another outpost near the river (I think it is called Wakenflood). If that is done too, you could go the Harwick refugee camp.
    Last edited by DobbelB_EU; Oct 18 2012 at 03:27 PM.

Flametongue or something like that in the center of he ruins so be ready for him as you walk in and BAM! he is coming at you.

I've never been able to get in the Mead Hall. It says I need to complete the quest Welcome to Harwick before I can get into the hall. I have done all of the quests in Feldburg as well as in Harwick (with exception of Welcome to Harwick) and Langhold. I have not been to the camp south of Feldburg as you mention so I will try that to see if it helps.

@Huckleberry - I went back out to the Salamanders and was able to find a named salamander called Venomtongue. I honestly don't remember if I killed him before or not so I went ahead and did it again just for good measure. Since I didn't have a quest to do that I didn't think it would help, but figured it couldn't hurt. As I suspected, it didn't do anything. Also killed a bunch more salamanders just to see if a quest popped up. That didn't work either so I am thinking I must have already done the named Salamander one.

I just opened a ticket with an in game GM as I don't know what else to do. We'll see what happens with that.

Thanks again to all for your help.

Isn't there a pop up quest to go into a cave and kill some undead things too? It comes up on the backside of the swamp where the salamanders are I think. I could be mistaken, seems as though I have killed a lot of salamanders lately...

It isn't you -the OP- lots and lots of people are getting stuck on that part since there is no clear path. The quest line assumes you will trigger the necessary pop ups but that doesn't seem to be happening for a lot of people. I know several people that had to simply revisit the quest areas until a new pop up appeared allowing them to move forward. Under no circumstances refuse a pop up or you could be doomed to walk Rohan forever... ;-)
    If you ain't dyin' then you ain't tryin'...
    [url]http://andurula.blogspot.com[/url]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0120300000013c508/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

yeah, I finally found it, it was venom tongue... I also killed him twice but the first time I wasn't far enough in the quest chain to get the auto quest.

Sorry that didn't help. Once I finished those 3 quests, I was able to advance into the meadhall which put me on the "on-notice" quest which is where I think you need to be to advance. Just to be clear, you did ride back up to the stable inside the training area for the war steed? He is who sends you on after the auto quests (not the one with the repeatable training quest, but the one inside the track in the middle). Also, at some point you talk with the refugees... check there again just to be sure.

A ticket is your best bet. The auto quests are causing lots of confusion

Let us know what you find out.

I have done all the things everyone has mentioned. I have refused no auto request that I am aware of. I have done a lot of quests, some of them multiple times. I have ridden around and around the Wold several times, spent hours on this, and I can not find any quests available I have not already done.

I opened a ticket for in game support. After a 1.5 hour wait I was contacted by a GM. The GM basically said the quest was working as intended and would provide no further assistance. I explained I had done every quest available to me and after hours of search could find no new quests to perform. The GM just said the game was working as intended. So I guess the intent of their design is to frustrate the life out of me and a lot of others. These games are supposed to be fun to play. I am not new to LOTRO, I have been playing for many many months and I have never had a problem like this. I am also not new to MMORPG as I have played GW and WOW to level maxes. The point is, I know how these games work and if I am having this much trouble trying to figure out how their quest progression is supposed to work then I think they have a serious problem with their game design. Their gesture of brushing me off when I elevated this to a Game Master does not make me want to do business with them.

At this point not sure what I am going to do. I suppose I could ride endlessly around Rohan looking for the elusive quest giver which is not a whole lot of fun and certainly not what I paid for. Or I could just move on to some other game that offers me more fulfillment. Hate to leave LOTRO after all this time, but if I can't make this work I feel I have no choice.

Thanks to all that tried to help. You certainly did more than the GM and I appreciate your efforts. I hope you have a better experience in Rohan than I have had.

Final Update!

I am doing this update mostly to help others that might have the same problem I did. Also to thanks those that took their time to help me out.

The post by isbjorn (thank you!) talked about a cave of undead and I was sure I had never done that. So I went out once more to look for the quest but this time went west of the swamps as far as I could and, lo and behold, a quest pop up appears near this cave entrance I had not noticed before. There were 2 quests in and around the cave that unlocked Welcome to Harwick for me........finally!!! I don't know if I hit that pop up before and didn't notice it or was just never in that area. It was kinda in an area that would be easy to miss. So if others get stuck like me, look for a cave of Draug in the western edge of the wold, west of the swamps. And thanks to isbjorn for pointing me in the right direction.

I think this problem could be mostly solved if they just took the time limit off of accepting quests that pop up like that. Just leave the pop up on the screen until the player deals with it, just like the new deed or deed completion notification.

Many wasted hours of frustration, but I am back questing again. Hopefully Turbine will spend some time improving this game mechanic for the future.

I have a similar problem, perhaps worse. I cannot get the 'Meet Harding; quest that gates all the other
    Wold quests. Any help you can provide would be gratefully received.

I was offered the quest after completing the swamp series (flies, reeds, salamanders, draugar), but I declined with the intention of moving on the Epic first. After completing Epic Book 7 and the East Wall quests, I returned to Harwick with the intention of 'Meeting Harding.' Unfortunately Anmar the guard no longer had a ring nor would he talk to me. I tried relogging, restarting the client, and repeating the warsteed tutorial. None of these helped.

A ticket resulted in the GM telling me that she could not bestow the quest, and that I should submit a bug. The bug has been duly submitted, but that will not help me get back on track.

In the meanitme, I'm moving on with the Epic and the local quests in the Norcrofts and beyond. However, I need the Wold questline for reputation and normal and mount xp.

Again, any suggestions would be gratefully received.
    Alasse: lore-master 100 on Landroval, plus alts of every other class

Quote Originally Posted by karakedi View Post
    I have a similar problem, perhaps worse. I cannot get the 'Meet Harding; quest that gates all the other
    Wold quests. Any help you can provide would be gratefully received.

I was offered the quest after completing the swamp series (flies, reeds, salamanders, draugar), but I declined with the intention of moving on the Epic first. After completing Epic Book 7 and the East Wall quests, I returned to Harwick with the intention of 'Meeting Harding.' Unfortunately Anmar the guard no longer had a ring nor would he talk to me. I tried relogging, restarting the client, and repeating the warsteed tutorial. None of these helped.

A ticket resulted in the GM telling me that she could not bestow the quest, and that I should submit a bug. The bug has been duly submitted, but that will not help me get back on track.

In the meanitme, I'm moving on with the Epic and the local quests in the Norcrofts and beyond. However, I need the Wold questline for reputation and normal and mount xp.

Again, any suggestions would be gratefully received.
    Another player had a similar problem. This person left the Mead Hall before completing the quest to reforge a weapon and then couldn't get back in. He/She eventually got a GM to reset his character back into the Hall so they could complete.

Not sure exactly where you are in the quest chain, but it is very sensitive to not doing everything in the exact order the quest chain expects. If I were you I would contact an in game GM and have them examine your log and let you know if there is a problem/bug or you just need to do more quests to push the quest chain along. Maybe you have already done this as you say a GM advised you to submit a bug. If the GM examines your log and tells you everything is OK and you just need to do more quests then you will be a member of an ever growing group of players wandering the Wold looking for as yet undiscovered quests. It's a drag, but the only way I know of getting past where you are stuck. Believe me, you are not the only person experiencing problems with this quest chain.

Thanks for your response, corkscrew.

I am at the very beginning of the quest chain. It was offered to me, but I declined in order to work on the Epic. So I haven't even been able to enter the Mead Hall. I will try contacting a GM again to ask for an examination of my quest log and see what happens. I've tried everything else I can think of so far.
    Alasse: lore-master 100 on Landroval, plus alts of every other class

Cool I got it to work finally

Hi

I followed the thread, first problem was I completed the epic then went back so all the rings were not visible, however no problem I wanted Kindred in Wold so I kept on checking, killed everything Salmander boss and War Band Salamander, went to cave, killed every War Band, still nothing so then I started checking camps.

I went to the camp where the horse trainer was and off to the right near a covering, I found a ring, greyed out but a ring, so I clicked it and got the quest (flies, reeds, salamanders, draugar), at that point once I started following the chain I completed Wold and made Kindred.

Thanks everyone for your input.
    Last edited by Orionfire5; Oct 26 2012 at 11:27 AM.

Hello guys, here i have the same problem...i finished Langhold and recived the war steed but now am locked in Harwick without quests and can't even enter in the Mead Hall....
    I asked Gms for a reset of my char to the day of the released of Rohan and this was the answer: Thank you for your help request. We are unable to assist with your reimbursement or exchange as it does not meet the criteria set forth in the In Game Support Reimbursement Policy. For more information on this policy please check http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?375587. Thank you and have a good day!
    Last edited by Morgolianth; Nov 06 2012 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgolianth View Post
    Hello guys, here i have the same problem...i finished Langhold and recived the war steed but now am locked in Harwick without quests and can't even enter in the Mead Hall....
    I asked Gms for a reset of my char to the day of the released of Rohan and this was the answer: Thank you for your help request. We are unable to assist with your reimbursement or exchange as it does not meet the criteria set forth in the In Game Support Reimbursement Policy. For more information on this policy please check http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?375587. Thank you and have a good day!
    Same trouble.

I came to the area under 75. I did all the pre-quests, like the salamanders first. Then went and did the quest in Harwick and got the On notice quest. Now I cannot get any other quest.

I got a GM who said he was sorry but couldnt help me. Suggested I look at the camp south of Harwick, which is the refugee camp. No quests. That is the problem.

Someone did a poor design in this. It works if everything is done in order but if you do not do it in order you cannot get the quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludamor View Post
    I got a GM who said he was sorry but couldnt help me. Suggested I look at the camp south of Harwick, which is the refugee camp. No quests. That is the problem.
    Pretty sure the camp the GM is referring to is not the refuge camp but the Feldburg fort slightly further South.

When you get booted from Harwick by the Thain there your quests start to originate from Feldburg until your standing with Harwick is reinstated from related quests.

My non-Epic quest chain also seems slightly broken from completing the Epic first. I can't deliver the "entering Rohan" letter to the guard at the Langhold gate as everyone in Langhold is dead or fled in the layer I'm in except the one chap who has a blue quest ring urging me to complete the process of getting a Warsteed at Harwick which in fact I did weeks ago. I am getting my Harwick quests though and completed my Langhold quota during the Epic arc there. I had to go back to several quest areas to look for more quests because the boss quest ring did not appear for me when I completed the earlier quests in that area.

I'm stuck at Harwick as well after getting my war-steed. No quests to pick up at all in The Wold. I sent a ticket asking if this was a bug or not in which the reply was something like: "Sorry, we can't give hints or tips regarding quests. Please ask in advice channel" etc.

I see some have mentioned that you may need to do the auto-quests that pop up. I recall having done one of them (that lone worm, can't remember the name). So, if this is what is barring me from unlocking quests, which auto-quests do i need to do and where abouts are they?

If this truly is what it takes to progress the quest line then i must say that Turbine overestimates my intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by Anavalar View Post
    Feldburg fort slightly further South (Southhas Quests).

When you get booted from Harwick by the Thain there your quests start to originate from Feldburg until your standing with Harwick is reinstated from related quests.
    South from Harwick...there are quests there that allow you back into Harwick.

i have the exact same roblem! im hoping the caves west of the swamps will work!

I take you've done relics of the dead quest? There's a cave near the spot with the salamanders with some Draugar.Kill 1 then you should get a quest to kill 10 more I think it is,you will then be sent to speak to Céolstan and he should send you to speak with Harding.

in the same boat got as far as getting the house for cilian then nothing been lookin for days now no other quests to be done

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast