We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Anonymity

Anonymity

Apparently it turns out that anyone can view your character and what forum account is linked to that character. You can disable it by checking all your toons public, save settings, then go back and change them back to non-public. This can prevent users from seeing your characters linked to your forum account, but there is a trick I was told about that you can still view all of a persons characters just the same. Not that it is a big deal if people know all your toons or not, but I've noticed on this server that a lot of people do harass certain people non-stop.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06205010000296392/signature.png]Moltan[/charsig]
    Apparently if I buy my skills I am to hard for the freeps to ezmode, so I'm only gonna play a greeny!

Being Hacked

Thank you for your post. Being harassed is not the only problem. Several months ago someone hacked my account and took my toon for a joy ride. Knowing my forum ID was step one. The person probably looked at my toons then guessed my password. He (I don't know gender, just easier to use) logged on while I was playing and I was booted out of the game. I called Turbine who put a freeze on my account until I could change my password. I felt violated like I had been &&&&&. Fortunately, nothing was stolen. He only took my toon for a joy ride and I found him in another region of Middle Earth when I regained my account.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtard View Post
    Apparently it turns out that anyone can view your character and what forum account is linked to that character. You can disable it by checking all your toons public, save settings, then go back and change them back to non-public. This can prevent users from seeing your characters linked to your forum account, but there is a trick I was told about that you can still view all of a persons characters just the same. Not that it is a big deal if people know all your toons or not, but I've noticed on this server that a lot of people do harass certain people non-stop.
    I can still see you constantly using P2W pots1