We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for Roleplayers to setup a Kinship!

Hello there Lotro players and fans of Tolkiens tales!

I have been pondering about it for a while now and I have decided to give a throw at building my own Kinship, so therefore I am looking for mature Roleplayers who are serious with the lore and medium to heavy with the RP and want to help me set up this kinship I have in my head.

I have an website ready to go (just need a name and some basic stuff). I want to craft a "elven-only" kinship who are close to the lore of tolkien. I prefered it if people joined who have read the silmarillions or are going to. (I myself am still re-reading the history of the elves atm)

It will be a friendly and mature (prefered 18+ or someone who behaves mature enough to join) kinship, social and in the future with voicechat program if things are looking up.

SO are people interested in working on a brandnew kinship? Want to have a lot of fun and enjoy the massive world of Tolkien with likeminded elves? Then give me a shout either ingame or just on here.

thank you for your interest

Suilad!

I thought to let you know my thoughts about this and some suggestions

There are already many Elf-only RP Kinships, so creating a new one, is a hard task indeed. Fear not though, for all hope is not lost!
    What you have to really think about, is the theme and story of the Kin. Because there are so many already in order to attract as many as possible, your kinship needs to be unique and have a different theme/story and maybe even a different area of operations. It needs to be different than what we have so far, so it can get more attention.

People have read about Elven RP Kins, their goals and source of inspiration. Some are here in Middle-earth to protect the Havens and their bordelands, some to provide shelter to refugees of Eregion and select friends; to stand against Sauron the Deceiver and protect those who also do.
    There are other Elven Kins who are based in Lothlorien, in Imladris and i have even read about one that its main area of operations is in Mirkwood

And there are few other with a more general theme, such as to heal and preserve the Middle Earth through the means of knowledge and wisdom, to unite all Eldar under one green banner and offer sanctuary and more which i might not even know

So take a look at Laurelin Archives Kinships and see what is already covered. That way you will have a better idea of what you can do that other Elven RP Kins haven't and its within the lore and spirit of Middle-earth and LotR

Thats just my opinion, thought to post it

By the way i have one elf-character just for Elven RP Events, however if you need numbers, let me know and will join with that char, but i will not be active tho at all, as i said, i only have him for the events

Feel free to sent me a tell in-game if you like

Namarie!

I've played LOTRO since release on Eldar server. However, getting into the RP side is something I've been thinking about for a while now. I created a char (Mirsilme) on Laurelin a whilst back and just logged in today because I decided I want to do some RP now. I've read the LOTR trilogy, the Hobbit, the Silmarillion, The Unfinished Tales & the Histories of Middle Earth. So I have some background knowledge. I had no idea what kinship to apply for but I saw your thread, saw that it was concentrating on Elven backstory and lore and decided I'd like to try my hand at being involved from the start. Count me in if you will have me!
    Last edited by O'Cathain; Jul 01 2012 at 11:11 AM.

As Cris said there are a fair few elf only RP kins out there already some of which are very well established. The main thing with developing a new elf only kinship would be to create something unique to your kin which sets it apart from others.

I know when i came to do as you are doing now several years ago we made our kin an Elf/Man only kin which being set in Rivendell under the banner of Lord Elrond was based upon the old Alliance of elves and men. This is something which has featured very strongly in the LOTR storyline and thus we created something we feel is unique to the Warband of Imladris and the roleplay community.

Good luck with your venture and i hope to encounter you sometime if you pass through Imladris.

I know and I was already working on it, I appreciate the input

Cool Kinship

Quote Originally Posted by Catina View Post
    I know and I was already working on it, I appreciate the input
    Still looking for role players?