We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Give Delamore his props.

I have a lowly BA (Rank 4), and yesterday was npc killing for quests when Delamore ran up on me. He didn't attack me, he let me know he was there (by standing right in front of me), let me finish my kill, loot my kill, and then heal up. Then we went at it. I have been ganked quite a bit while questing, and no I am NOT whining about it, I do think it was a classy thing to do on his part. Just a good callout for my old Kin buddy from back in the day, I bet you didn't even know it was me.

Ps. I see u at EC or TA charging, I will still shoot at you bro & probly first to keep that nasty 1st Age Sword off of me.
    Last edited by Zaaran; Jun 27 2012 at 02:38 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000633ce/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Arcana 75 Rune Keeper

yeah freeps who do that have my respect
    the other day i was questing with my defiler, xanaiax found me and let me go also

any freep who let creeps questing alive or wait for them to finish what they are doing before killing them have my respect
    all others just fail

I used to do that. Not anymore. Your questing for maps, rank, whatever. You see me, run.
    Last edited by Pivik; Jun 27 2012 at 06:43 PM.

I never hurt no Creeps.

I dont normally attack creeps that are questing becuase it is obvious they don't want to fight, unless of course they attack back, i see it as a courtesy thing, if the creep doesnt attack you, dont attack him, even if he's a vulnerable rank 0 spider if he doesnt attack me, i wont attack him, if he's questing that is
    Avdic: Guardian - Griminsborith: Champion - Knurlagn: Runekeeper - Vreal: Warden - Thelolnir: Hunter
    Orearry: Burglar - Iollethryth: Captain - Raga: Minstrel - Sharkbewer: Loremaster - Togria: Minstrel

Anyone who constantly checks quest spots for low rank creeps to slaughter is fail imo. Only reason to roam the map is when it's dead otherwise I tend to be right in the middle of the fighting.
    High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver
    Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver
    Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion

What is this ridiculousness? Isn't this a Player versus Monster Player zone? Aren't you supposed to kill or be killed? These self imposed, unwritten rules are stupid. If this is the way Turbine intended it to be, they would have had those zones cordoned off to prevent being ganked, yet they haven't. Sigh... maybe this is why I'm constantly trolled on GLFF, because I choose not to play by anyone's precious rules that they've set apart for themselves. Sure, I'll leave CM and 1v1's alone, but come on... anything else HAS to be fair game, right?

Playground tactics apparently rule Dwarrowdelf PvP.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000008a48/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

+rep Toa!

I never hurt no Creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dntx09 View Post
    Anyone who constantly checks quest spots for low rank creeps to slaughter is fail imo. Only reason to roam the map is when it's dead otherwise I tend to be right in the middle of the fighting.
    Anyone who QQs about being killed in a pvp zone is fail to me.

I never hurt no Creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivik View Post
    If I'm not mistaken my post in no way was QQ about being killed. Just stating that those who feel the need to resort to killing r0 creeps who are questing are fail...not saying I'm one of these creeps. If you honestly think a r0 creep stands any chance of beating any freep in a fair fight then you are just ignorant. And no there are no unwritten rules you should be able to do as you wish but those who show a little restraint do deserve to be applauded and in this case Delamore showed that class can exist out in the moors.
    High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver
    Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver
    Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion

to be honest, ive seen a few afks there... which are HIGH Ranks and its sad, i go towards HH myself but most of the time i allow them to just quest, if it's completely dead though i might go and get a few kills, but it's not worth staying there, it's one kinda worthless to farm there when one you kill them once, they are roughly not going back because of the distance from rez to the spot, so i just let them be most of the time, unless it's a high rank ._. then i just gank them because i dont know why they are questing. OH and if im about to rank then everything is fair game.... EVERYTHING <---
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000097bdd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Long, Thick and Sharp, From the shadows, I'll stick you from behind, deep and bloody, Mmmm the joy of pleasure..."

i gotta agree with toa, 1v1's are always nice and i leave em alone, but if ur questing, and on both sides someone should atleast try to kill you, atleast make it dangerous to kill someone questing in a pvp zone.

tho it does show good graces to let them finish what they are killing, then slaughter them, ive had people do this for me and ive done it for people, it actually is appreciated even if that person dies.

and always remember wargs are always watching get ur renown/infamy before ur ganked or ur target is ganked.

and delamore ur getting there gratz on 7 audacity and bring more death to the moors, even if it is sumetimes ur own :3
    crygin-R11 Warleader, dwarrowdelf

If you come into a pvp zone you are fair game period. On my baby creeps I expect to die everytime I am questing. When I came out at 40 to follow the intro quest on freep side I was notsurprised to die. No, the ones that spare the other side lose my respect. This is a pvp zone, not a pve zone. If they wanna pve roll up a freep.

I never hurt no Creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pivik View Post
    Some dude killed me in the moors, QQQQQQQQQ... Not fair at all, I didn't wanna fight! It's not fair Tanar, make it stop.

:P
    {Evogrin R11 warden} {Evogash R9 warg} +wayy too many others R6-8! Though I do not play lotro anymore, thank you to everyone who made this game so much fun all those years! God bless!

i love how this thread was about how he spared a creep, and the creep was just thanking him... and everyone making a big deal, play the way you want, its a game.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000097bdd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Long, Thick and Sharp, From the shadows, I'll stick you from behind, deep and bloody, Mmmm the joy of pleasure..."

In the moors, no one really wants to pve. It's just.. if you are a r0 anything, running into combat with all of you guys is not exactly the best idea. Now as a r7 spider, I've been able to win a handful of 1v1s, but there was both a learning curve on how to play on my part, and a character development through ranking that brought me to this point. At the lower 3-4 ranks, the majority of my infamy and destiny points/comms came from questing. I wasn't questing because 'well hey, I'm in the moors, but I feel like doing quests,' I did quests to gain comms and ranks in order to be able to join the battles without dying in the first minute. I didn't expect mercy from freeps while I was trying to do HH quests, and I received none. However, on second thought, it would have been nice. One time, I lead a group up to kill gollavol, and apparently xuneng was patiently waiting. As soon as we killed the bird, he unstealthed and dispatched my little group. Well, once I respawned I turned in the quest.

So, I guess the moral of the story is, do what you want, but those of us who were trying to do what we could to become a fair match for most freeps greatly appreciate breaks here and there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fbcfe/signature.png]Revanlonglegs[/charsig]
    "Videogames take no skill, if they did, no one would play" - a player on creepside DD

honestly guys? As stated above, this thread was made to give respect to an awesome champion, not for you guys to bring in drama and treat this silly game as if it were real life. To be honest, most the high ranking pvpers won't do nothing for anyone under rank 6 unless they are in the same kin or have breasts, so to see someone making an action like this is refreshing.

The OP clearly stated that he does not expect it and just thought it was a cool thing to do. So why are you attacking this thread saying that you will never do it?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000069f87/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.
    - Treebeard

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and people play out here however they like. Yeah whoopedy doo to the Freep that let a creep live, u got a heart of gold I'm sure. And to those freeps that would just run in and blow the creep to kingdom come, hell yeah, it's a creep, kill it. As I said, we all have our opinions. What starts the QQ is comments such as "in my opinion anyone that roams the map checking quest areas is fail" ummm, last time I checked creep side quests weren't limited to rank zeros. Come across many high ranked creeps in HH, dwarves, Grothum, rocky etc. and roaming the map looking for something certainly beats the hell out of standing in front of a keep/rez/Grams waiting for something to happen. And maybe there was a time when a rank zero would get blown up by any Freep, but seeing as though any creep can now have any skills and traits to turn themselves into a rank 15 creep who knows what to expect?

This post isn't intended to antagonise the person that made the comments I refer to, I don't even know the guy but "he's fail, she's fail, they're fail, you're all fail" is getting a little old. I'm sure that someone out there may get offended if that's the desired effect but I think in general most of us just think 'yup, here's another egotistical tossa that is gonna eventually start sprouting off about how he's the best at everything and will probly end up on the tossa list with the rest of em'. But yeah, of course that's just imo.

Thanks,

Zub

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyorr123 View Post
    most the high ranking pvpers won't do nothing for anyone under rank 6 unless they are in the same kin or have breasts, so to see someone making an action like this is refreshing.
    Who on creepside has chicken, you must tell me because this slug mash is getting nasty
    Ssupermann: I hate minis, they have satellite lazers

Freeps only wait because a full morale creep gives more renown than a half dead one!
    You freeps are cruel monsters!!!
    Hurzu R10 Stalker - Bushyasta R7 Warleader
    Sampoo R8 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Sampo View Post
    Freeps only wait because a full morale creep gives more renown than a half dead one!
    True.
    [IMG]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/254/6rpe.jpg[/IMG][FONT=Verdana]
    Tindalas is Laurelin's negative nancy. ([/FONT][FONT=Verdana]Felathurin aka Brunt)[/FONT]

I threw a wish in the well,
    Don't ask me, I'll never tell
    I looked to you as it fell,
    And now you're in my way

I'd trade my soul for a wish,
    Pennies and dimes for a kiss
    I wasn't looking for this,
    But now you're in my way

Your stare was holdin',
    Ripped jeans, skin was showin'
    Hot night, wind was blowin'
    Where you think you're going, baby?

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

It's hard to look right,
    At you baby,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
    Try to chase me,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

You took your time with the call,
    I took no time with the fall
    You gave me nothing at all,
    But still, you're in my way

I beg, and borrow and steal
    Have foresight and it's real
    I didn't know I would feel it,
    But it's in my way

Your stare was holdin',

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

It's hard to look right,
    At you baby,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
    Try to chase me,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

Before you came into my life
    I missed you so bad
    I missed you so bad
    I missed you so, so bad

I missed you so bad
    And you should know that
    I missed you so, so bad

It's hard to look right,
    At you baby,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
    Try to chase me,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

I missed you so bad
    I missed you so bad
    I missed you so, so bad

I missed you so bad
    And you should know that

So call me, maybe?
    Herat - Warleader
    Warz - Captain
    He - Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel33g View Post
    I threw a wish in the well,
    Don't ask me, I'll never tell
    I looked to you as it fell,
    And now you're in my way

I'd trade my soul for a wish,
    Pennies and dimes for a kiss
    I wasn't looking for this,
    But now you're in my way

Your stare was holdin',

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

It's hard to look right,
    At you baby,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
    Try to chase me,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

You took your time with the call,
    I took no time with the fall
    You gave me nothing at all,
    But still, you're in my way

I beg, and borrow and steal
    Have foresight and it's real
    I didn't know I would feel it,
    But it's in my way

Your stare was holdin',

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

It's hard to look right,
    At you baby,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
    Try to chase me,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

I missed you so bad
    I missed you so bad
    I missed you so, so bad

I missed you so bad
    And you should know that
    I missed you so, so bad

It's hard to look right,
    At you baby,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

Hey, I just met you,
    And this is crazy,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

And all the other boys,
    Try to chase me,
    But here's my number,
    So call me, maybe?

I missed you so bad
    I missed you so bad
    I missed you so, so bad

I missed you so bad
    And you should know that

So call me, maybe?
    yolo

-insert troll comment directed at zub

Wow was just giving congratz to what I thought was a classy move by someone. I definately DIDN'T expect it & I don't EXPECT it to start a trend of anysort. It was a first time it had ever happened to me in the moors on either side. When a kin beats TOO for the first time we post it in the forums & congratz them. I was just giving congratz on a first on server for me.

I do not expect a free pass, and he didn't give me one. He just let it become a more fair fight for both of us. I just think it was cool and deserved a call out. I go to the moors to kill & be killed. I have no offence or anger to getting jumped, lord knows I have done plenty of the jumping myself.

Its actually good to see peeps get fired up though on this. Hopefully will translate into some good heated wars this week in the moors.

Get your popcorn ready - (overated NFL WR)
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160000000633ce/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Arcana 75 Rune Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by RainsLegacy View Post
    i love how this thread was about how he spared a creep, and the creep was just thanking him... and everyone making a big deal, play the way you want, its a game.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

....nothing wrong with sharing some love on the forums about a freep with respect.
    +rep to Delamore!
    -rep to all the haters.

Cool

Thats a fail thread meant for trolling fest XD!! God freep = dead freep......
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000dbf91/signature.png]Cataphract[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast