We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Looking for a family friendly Kin.

Hi all, looking for a family friendly kin, for both me and my son . I've been playing slowly as and when RL allows both, with my main a Lv58 guardian (metalsmith with highest guild rep ) and a "joint" main lv 56 hunter (wood worker with again highest guild rep ) with my primary school aged son. LOTRO has been a "hidden" educational tool, (Okay sindarin isn't taught in school, it is amazing how much reading and even basic maths is needed to play, just ask my son ) . So really looking for a home, hopefully with light /med RP (Was an avid FTF RPGER when much younger,but in game really only done the odd bit here and there, but really want to learn) . My son doesn't play unsupervised (well I end up with keyboard and mouse, son gets to read and add up : ) ).
    LOTRO is my first MMO. I have tried others, but always returned. Falling in love with it again, enjoying the slow stroll to towards Mordor, savoring the journey.

Hello and welcome to Laurelin!

I hear you about LOTRO pulling you back in - it too was my first MMO, and I have tried others but have since returned back home

As far as kinships go, there are plenty on the server that would suit your needs. Have a good read of the kinship section of the forums and do check out the Laurelin Archives, a fantastic resource for all things Laurelin.

http://laurelinarchives.org/
    Main - Nimthriel 85 RK

Others || Ellethwyn Darkarrow 85 HNT | Gwyawyn Lionheart 56 CPT | Eadraen 10 LM | Raedwen 10 GRD | Rosilee 10 MINS

It sounds like Sanctuary is what you are looking for. Our kin-mum (leader) has her mum and daughter in the kinship. We also have other families in the kinship and I also hope to add my son (now a teenager) to the roster if he gets back into LOTRO at some point.

We are a casual, light RP kinship that has become a large group of friends and family. Formed since before the game was in beta, we have a consistent core of addicts that have always been here, complemented by many travellers that regularly come and go but never leave. Once a Sanctuarian, always a Sanctuarian.

We have a regular kin gathering on Monday evenings, with ad hoc instances, questing, deeding and raids. Most other times you will find someone from Sanctuary online lurking in the shadows.

At present we are also putting together an alt night. Firstly to assist our lower level players and also to provide something different to the normal level cap grind that our long term players are going through with their alts.

The majority of our players fall into the mature bracket and maintaining a family friendly environment is a priority.

Feel free to check us out on our forum at http://www.guild-sanctuary.com/

If you like the sound of us then please sign up after reading our pledge.

Good luck with your kin hunting and I hope out paths may cross soon.
    Last edited by AnnatarsGift; Jun 27 2012 at 07:40 AM.
    [center][size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/font][/size][font="Book Antiqua"]
    [size="3"][color="wheat"](founded Nov 2005)[/color][/size][/font]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000000b2f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Thank both for replying, partic' AnnatarsGift. I've had A look at the link, and will be contacting them. But I'm not sure how? Is there a point of contact or a membership officer?
    Last edited by talisman2002; Jun 28 2012 at 09:12 AM.

Greetings and well met Talisman

Within Sanctuary, we normally ask that anyone who considers that we are the Kin for them, sign up on the forum, in our recruitment section here.

http://www.guild-sanctuary.com/forum...php?board=36.0

If you look at some of the recent applications, you will see that most tell us a little bit about themselves, and MOST IMPORTANTLY confirm that they have read and agree to the pledge.

Once you have done that an officer will post up some helpful links and also details of our officers who you can contact in game. Normally one of our officers will then find you before you find us to sort out the invite, although we obviously ask that you keep a look out for officers too.

If you wish to discuss the kin in more detail before registering, then if you go to the social panel in game and in the fellowing section you can search for Sanctuary members in the filter option on the right hand side of the panel just below the quest option. I am sure that a member will be able to point you in the right direction. Alternatively I'm more than happy to come on at a time that is convenient to the both of us, if you wish to chat first.

Hope you see you in game soon

Morbi at your service

Thank you master Morbi.

As our Morbi said the social panel is your best bet to find a Sanctuarian online and then send them a tell asking if an officer is about. Alternatively if there's a time that you normally play then let us know and we can make sure one of us is about to get you invited to the kin.

As I've just shipped off my daughter to France for the weekend I'm looking forward to getting some quality LOTRO time this weekend, possibly with my son in tow. So hopefully I'll bump into you soon.

Cheers, AG
    [center][size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/font][/size][font="Book Antiqua"]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000000b2f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Thank you all, RL means I will not be able to spend any meaningful time online until Monday. Hope to see you on the road

Monday Night is our weekly kin night gathering, so that would actually be a good time to be about, as you will be able to come along and meet a fair few fellow Sanctuarians

Quote Originally Posted by Morbi View Post
    come along and meet a fair few fellow Sanctuarians
    Not to be confused with meeting a few fair fellow Sanctuarians. As some of them can only claim to be fair in their mothers eyes.
    *Tries not too look in Morbi's direction*

:P

Curses AG

I've still not forgiven Rodders for tying my shoelaces together in Galtrev.

Do you realise how hard it is to untie shoelaces when wearing gauntlets

You're welcome as always Morbi