We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Tips for returning Lore-master

So just re-downloading the game and keen to jump back into LOTRO!

My main from about a year ago is a LM, stopped playing before RoI was released, have there been any major changes to the class since then?

Any pointers for levelling 65 - 75?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013d394/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There was a few, read the RoI DevDiary on LMs for a start.

There are no new skills from 66-75, just "improved" versions of existing ones. So gameplay is more or less the same. I guess they did add a new healing pet too. They consolidated some old skills, like putting all three warding circles into one spell, not sure if that happened before you left or not.

some change are important, like now you no need more "agility" for hit cause all your skill are tactical and you need only finesse for increase the hit rating.
    New skill is frost lore decrease tactical damage and we have more dps cause will improve both damage tactical/melee like fate agility increase critical hit for both damage.

Now more explain on every tips about skill

The major change concerns the primary stat. LMs now get both physical and tactical mastery ratings from will. Fate is less important. It still adds to crit rating and to ICPR and ICMR, but it is not nearly as central to most builds as it used to be (in fact, I all but ignore fate in my build). You also want to build up your finesse (a new stat found on lots of jewelry and armor) which reduces resist chances against tougher mobs.

One skill improvement allows burning embers to stack up the three times on an enemy. This makes the burning embers pulses legacy very desirable on a dps book.

And, as noted, we get a new healing pet which is pretty useful. Pet dps in general, though, did not scale well with the level increase so it is even less useful than it used to be.

tl;dr: stack will, don't ignore finesse.

Edit: as for leveling: between 65 and 70, level with the quests that given Dunland rep (mostly in Dunland), from 70-73 or so, level with quests that give Rohan rep (in Gap of Rohan, Nan Corunir and some other places in Eastern Dunland), and from 73-75, I would level in the Great River (if you have that quest pack). If not, there are tons of quests in RoI to get you to 75. Once you hit 75, work on getting enough medallions to barter for the Draigoch armor set (from the dwarf in Galtrev).

Adding one small detail : flank heals are now affected by outgoing healing. I found that really helpful.
    "Aurë Entuluva!"

Thanks guys, I guess I will keep learning as I get back into, looking forward to it !
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0420800000013d394/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I have been back for about 2 weeks and the info that everyone has posted is solid. Currently my LM is 73 and just finished book 4 chapter 28. This will put me in the gap ofrohan shortly and as previously stated this is the place to be.

Also, they forced Improved Knowledge of Cures on us. Before, you could not even train it and not take on the wound/disease removal nerf.

Now, you're stuck with it. Force trained...

*misses Leechcraft and Tend the Sick*
    Landroval!
    Fellrotten - Rank 12 Battlemaster LM - Zero Stars. Survivor of the Barrow-Downs. Ivar's Champion. [url=https://www.lotro.com/en/forums/showthread.php?370017-Skirmish-LT-meta-deed-mount/]Embarassing Completionist[/url]
    Soccercake - 93 Dude Minstrel
    Mulieribus - 93 Dorf Champion
    Rahey - 93 Hobbit-Hunter
    Anniemal - 92 Elf RK
    Pueblo - 77 Cappy!

Quote Originally Posted by Elenluin-Menelloth View Post
    Adding one small detail : flank heals are now affected by outgoing healing.
    BUT not by the main +healing stat on legendary book.

And I wasted a star-lit crystal on that
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000018eafb/01000/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by soccercake7 View Post
    Also, they forced Improved Knowledge of Cures on us. Before, you could not even train it and not take on the wound/disease removal nerf.

Now, you're stuck with it. Force trained...

*misses Leechcraft and Tend the Sick*
    We all pine away for the old ways in some shape or form. I hear you.....I liked the LM playstyle the most in SoA. We will just have to be strong and make it through the brave new world of RoR