We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Make 'Rallying Horn' a captain skill.

It just wastes inventory space. I see no reason why it shouldn't be made into a skill.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000011ca6a/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

YES PLEASE

(Thank goodness we don't have to buy single-use horns anymore, but it would be even better if this were a skill, not an item.)
    Narlinde ~ Minstrel, Singer of the Lament of Windfola

This would be useful for inventory space other than that I have no for/against :P
    /signed
    "I should call that a heavy loss, if it was not a wonder rather that in his great age he could still wield his axe as mightily as they say he did, standing over the body of King Brand before the gate of Erebor, until the darkness fell."
    http://gladdenhistory.wikispaces.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Okamion View Post
    It just wastes inventory space. I see no reason why it shouldn't be made into a skill.
    On behalf of people with full bags everywhere

/signed
    Crell-L85-Champion - Riddermark ; Swego-L85-Burglar ; Kotvi-L95-Runekeeper
    Delego-L85 Hunter ; Stodden-L51-Captain ; Edhul-L61-Loremaster
    Deglorion - SoA XP Disabler

I play a Captain, and I would love to see this implemented.

/signed
    I've been at the mercy of men just following orders. Never again.

Sure. Lore-masters got their pipe-weed requirement removed. Why can't us?
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

With the changes made to streamline lotro skills and storage space over the years, I wholeheartedly agree. It made sense back when captain horns were consumable, but now there's no reason it shouldn't be converted into a skill, especially considering how little I use the summon skill these days anyway.
    [b][color=forestgreen]~Landroval~[/color][/b]
    [b][size=1][color=green]Raigar - 100 Captain[/color] | [color=green]Raigorn - 100 Hunter[/color][/b]
    [i][color=green]Captains of the West - Leader[/color][/i]
    [color=red]Founder[/color] | [color=red]Lifetime Member[/color] | [color=red]Raider[/color] | [color=red]Roleplayer[/color][/size]

Quote Originally Posted by dietlbomb View Post
    Sure. Lore-masters got their pipe-weed requirement removed. Why can't us?
    Good point, but I vote for putting the pipe-weed requirement back instead. Why aren't hunters getting traps made into skills and burglars getting marbles and caltrops made into skills.
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO ~ Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO

Quote Originally Posted by Silverangel View Post
    Good point, but I vote for putting the pipe-weed requirement back instead. Why aren't hunters getting traps made into skills and burglars getting marbles and caltrops made into skills.
    Because those are active skills usable in/for combat, those skills also differs at level.

Captain summons is non combat/ passive as is LM ress

/signed
    [SIZE="3"]-¤-¤-¤- Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum est -¤-¤-¤-[/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000007ec6d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Also everyone in group with a guardian should get a temporary skill to call this guardian without the need of sending him a whistle.

/Signed

And lower the cool down! Nothing worse than having to summon 11 fellows to the ox clan camp all by yourself ^^
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2621a00000013b4a9/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

/signed

Don't even use it so much any more, unlike the old days where it was great for assembling groups near instances which lacked summoning horns. Now that we teleport in, not so needed. Other than pulling folks to ox-clan occasionally or to discover roots/etc...

Good point, but I vote for putting the pipe-weed requirement back instead.
    Pipeweed was a low cost annoyance for a skill that could only be used out of combat. It was a skill with no cool down. You hire a farmer for five minutes and 20 silvers and you had 6-12 month supply of pipeweed. You only used the skill when all your Minstrels and Rune Keepers were dead. You used the skill once to get a better rezzer back in action. Or you did not have Minstrel or Runekeeper.
    Why aren't hunters getting traps made into skills and burglars getting marbles and caltrops made into skills.
    These are combat skills. Long cool downs. There is significant material requirements and silver cost to manufacture the products. The items are level restricted. You are always having to upgrade your stock. You are never sure if they are going to work especially when dealing with Bosses. In many cases, Bosses are immune to the effect or they have enough bonuses that the item fails to activate.

As a Burglar or Hunter you have to decide if you are willing to invest all the time and money to get these toys. You have to decide - should I risk using one in this situation.

The Captain horn is annoying.
    It is hold over from back when the Captain had to buy single use horns in order to summon folks. A Captain buys one at level 40. Carries it around forever. There is no horn variants. Hopefully, Turbine will get rid of the horn eventually. Captains have enough different kinds Banners and Herald equipment to carry around.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    These are combat skills. Long cool downs. There is significant material requirements and silver cost to manufacture the products. The items are level restricted. You are always having to upgrade your stock. You are never sure if they are going to work especially when dealing with Bosses. In many cases, Bosses are immune to the effect or they have enough bonuses that the item fails to activate.

As a Burglar or Hunter you have to decide if you are willing to invest all the time and money to get these toys. You have to decide - should I risk using one in this situation.
    Yula, you've written a good argument that the Hunter and Burg skills are the *real* annoying consumable skills (that I never bother using), and the Captain horn and LM rez are(were) happy and trivial in comparison.
    Elven Adventuress UI ~ Newbie Guide To Playing LotRO ~ Guide To Dual-Boxing LotRO

this is a flawless suggestion.
    double signed in triplicate