We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by whheydt View Post
    If small houses get a second chest, I want a third for my deluxe house (and kin houses should get a 4th).

And to address the financial end...put the chest upgrades in the Store. How much would people be willing to pay (in TP) for another house chest?
    A lot. Two chest maximum in a Deluxe house isn't enough, but three chests in a kin house is simply pitiful. Kins could easily justify 5 or 6 chests, and I'm sure there'd be a huge interest in them. However, I think the issue is that the housing database system is so antiquated that it won't hold more. Already the load time into our kin house, which is chock full of decorations and all three chests full (one is completely filled just with dyes!), is abysmal. I cannot even imagine the load time if there were more chests and more hooks. The real solution is a complete revamp of housing, a completely new system that will accept the furnishings we have now.

As to the OP, I agree. But I've been agreeing with this since they instituted the new policy, and nothing has changed. FTP has only exacerbated the problem. Now we have players who join the game for a few months, buy a house, then are never seen or heard from again.

I'm not unsympathetic to the needs of those who can't be in game for whatever reason. The player base has offered numerous very workable solutions, solutions that take the need for players to retain their initial purchase and items into account. So if we don't see a solution it isn't for lack of trying.

In my case, we were fortunate to be around when the game started, and got a kin house with a few player houses in the same neighborhood. Since then, the vast majority of homes in this neighborhood have been "abandoned without being abandoned" for well over two years. As we are all well aware, it's not that there aren't houses available, it's that what houses there are cannot be purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    I do not believe this statement.

The problem that I see people complaining about is that they want a specific address. For example, I believe 2 Twinfall Place is one of the most popular Elf deluxes because it the one right next to the vendors. However, there is a deluxe way in the back. Must be 60 - 90 seconds from the neighborhood entrance via horse. Very few people want this deluxe. The vendors are not far from the exit.

People will moan and groan because there the only elf deluxes left are in the back. Somebody has to buy all the deluxes before a new neighborhoods are spawned. I seen cases where there is only one or two Elf deluxes are on sale. I suspect there are a bunch of potential buyers playing the waiting game. The whole system gets hung.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. These people need to realize, understand, open their mind to the fact that even these 'special' houses would be available if Turbine started forclosing. Pick any house you think is extra extra special and go into 30 random neighborhoods and go check the status of this special house. You will find the same 60% 80% shuttered rate. All these would become available, and with forclosure even if this 'special' house sold out there would always be another one coming back on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Adder View Post
    ... Turbine is still ignoring the issue like a little spoiled brat... "This is what you wanted and I gave it to you, so live with it. I'm not changing it again. So there."
    LOL I've oftened wonder if this was it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    My response is specific to Withywindle. It is applicable to other smaller servers like Meneldor.

Brandywine has a shortage of house. Brandwine has been in the situation for a long time. From what I have read, Turbine put in an update that increased the number of neighborhoods. Players on Brandywine have bought all the newly deployed deluxes at this point. As far as I have read, Brandywine is the only server with this issue out of the 28? live servers.
    The added houses to Bree housing - 125 new neighborhoods went live on all servers. Several have passed the original 250 max neighborhoods and are closing in on the newer max.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...ose-on-housing

See this thread for all the facts. As well as a few posts that are really good discussing the 'save our troops fantysie house' program.

4. Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    Wrong! Even on less populated servers like Withywindle, a lot of my kin are complaining that there are no houses to be had.
    Quote Originally Posted by podgie_bear View Post
    However, Bree and Shire houses are greatly in demand and there are not enough to go around.

You made me curious so I went and checked for you

Withywindle:

Shire Homestead

Regular - 21 homes
    Deluxe - 21 homes

Bree Homestead

Regular - 39 homes
    Deluxe - I stopped counting at 100

So yes there are plenty of homes available on your server. Just because people bought up the most popular addresses doesn't mean there are no homes available.
    Last edited by Unique; Jun 25 2012 at 11:44 PM.
    [FONT=Ariel Unicode MS][COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸[COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR=orchid]LOTRO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR]¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Unique View Post

You made me curious so I went and checked for you

Withywindle:

Shire Homestead

Regular - 21 homes
    Deluxe - 21 homes

Bree Homestead

Regular - 39 homes
    Deluxe - I stopped counting at 100

So yes there are plenty of homes available on your server. Just because people bought up the most popular addresses doesn't mean there are no homes available.
    In that case I apologise. I didn't go counting my self and I applaud your dedication to finding out. I was going by the number of players moaning about it to me in game. I already have my deluxe house in the Shire.

Incidentally, it is way at the back, as far from the entrance and the vendors as you can get, but has great views, which is why I don't mind having to travel a bit further to get there.
    Last edited by podgie_bear; Jun 26 2012 at 04:19 AM.

Adding more neighborhoods really doesn't address the problem. The shuttered houses are only a symptom.

Neighborhoods are ghost towns. There are no PEOPLE there. 80% of the houses are closed (and will be on the new neighborhoods as well), and there's never anyone there doing anything. This is, of course, because there's nothing to do.

Neighborhoods need more attention than just adding more neghborhoods. All that does is spread out the people that ARE interested in housing, and increases the load on the server for no net gain. Turbine needs to get off their butts and do something worthwhile with the housing system.

R.I.P NIDOR of Brandywine Server(1970-2012)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Tiamo View Post
    Adding more neighborhoods really doesn't address the problem. The shuttered houses are only a symptom.

Neighborhoods are ghost towns. There are no PEOPLE there. 80% of the houses are closed (and will be on the new neighborhoods as well), and there's never anyone there doing anything. This is, of course, because there's nothing to do.

Neighborhoods need more attention than just adding more neghborhoods. All that does is spread out the people that ARE interested in housing, and increases the load on the server for no net gain. Turbine needs to get off their butts and do something worthwhile with the housing system.
    I agree with you that the reason neighborhoods are ghost towns is not because of locked houses.

I was there buying a house when that update went live, just like everyone. The neighborhoods were new and filled with active players yet I rarely saw another soul. If you think about it what are the odds of those specific 30 players not only being online at the same time and in the housing instance but in a specific part (basically at the vault/vendors) that you are likely to see them?

I would love to see them add things to help neighborhoods be more active. Like crafting stations at kin houses, not permanent ones necessarily (we don't want the towns to suffer) but temp ones so you can hold a kin crafting night.
    [FONT=Ariel Unicode MS][COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]ª"˜¨¨ ¯ ¯¨¨˜ª¤.¸`*•.¸*•¸[COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR=orchid]LOTRO[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][COLOR=lightgreen]?[/COLOR][SIZE="1"]?[/SIZE][COLOR=darkorchid]?[/COLOR]¸•*¸.•*´¸.¤ª˜¨¨¯¯¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=dodgerblue]?[/COLOR]¨¨˜"ª[COLOR=violet]?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Dont forget there is also the case of those who never migrated their accounts from Codies.

Those players still own Houses, that will never be available or used

But yes, we do need more housing
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2