We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Problem.

Problem.

Ok its like this. Laurelin has largely western eroupe player base. I use EST for my time keeping. How can i convert UK and other time zones over to mine so i can be where i need to be for events and stuff?

Subtract 4 hours.
    "Lead me, follow me, but get out of my way!"

Adding 4 hours to EST will give you GMT - but most event times on Laurelin are given as BST, which is 5 hours ahead of EST.
    Last edited by Charlock; Jun 28 2012 at 08:40 AM.

The problem with is time zone conversion is that there's often

1. confusion between EST (East Cost US winter which is -5 UCT) and EDT (East coast summer time, which is -4 UCT)

2. between BST (UK summer time, +1 UCT) and GMT ( +0 UCT, UK winter time)

3. Server time follows east-coast time, so it is -5UCT in winter and -4 UCT in summer

Right now the "EST" time that you're in (which is really EDT since it's summer) is -4 UCT, UK time is +1 UCT. More often than not, event organizer don't use the summer time notation or even taking account of summer time difference in UCT, which brings a bit of confusion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR UK time is 5 hours ahead of east-coast time (server time) and central european time is 6 hour ahead , and you can send an in-game mail to the organizer for clarification the day before or something.
    [b]Razo Mossyfoot[/b], Swine herder of Willowbottom, in The Marish of East-Farthing.
    Treasurer of Bacon, Ham and other Cured Goods of the [b][url=http://theironaxes.shivtr.com/]The Iron Axes[/url][/b] of the server Laurelin.

Yeah, its insanity, especially for our multinational kin and event planning. All of our event times are explicitly presented as EST/GMT, everyone is responsible to figure it out from there what time the event takes place.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000014c989/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by oaxaca_dan View Post
    Yeah, its insanity, especially for our multinational kin and event planning. All of our event times are explicitly presented as EST/GMT, everyone is responsible to figure it out from there what time the event takes place.
    Everyone run events in /servertime then it does not matter where all the kin members are from since /servertime is the same for everyone. All a player has to do is type /servertime in their chat box.
    "The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
    While hammers fell like ringing bells.
    In places deep, where dark things sleep,
    In hollow halls beneath the fells."

WORLD CLOCK

Here is a gadget to put on your desktop to check if you need to know the time in any country. It is very helpful.