We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1v1's not at Candy Mountain

Dear All,

I don't pretend to have any control over the moors, where people want to spar or what they want to do with each other. I don't care to have any control over it either. This is just a heads up that if you want to 1 v 1 and you think that gTA is a great place to do it - if I come past and see creeps there, I will attack.

Please don't ask me to stop, please don't tell me I've lost your respect, please don't tell me it is a 1v1 and that there is some associated sacred right for the fight to be undisturbed. It is not Candy Mountain but a part of the map like any other part. If you want to go 1 v 1 some creep - go to Candy Mountain. No one will disturb you there. For those who don't know where that is - CM is the hill behind the TR respawn circle. The ride up really doesn't take that long.

Everyone is entitled to have fun playing the way they want to, which not only means that people can decide to 1v1 at gTA or any other spot but also means that they need to understand that not every else is going to recognise that as a legitimate authorised super special sparring spot. CM, on the other hand, is the place to go.

P.S. To those that got annoyed at me interrupting at gTA earlier today - if you are going to flip to try to kill me, make sure to bring 20+ creeps and to zerg me all at once otherwise you are just feeding me. Thanks for the +10 rating and +200 renown at the cost of no deaths.

Oh look, another THAL IS SO HARDCORE thread.
    Herat - Warleader
    Warz - Captain
    He - Guardian

My friend Charlie the Unicorn told me to beware of Candy Mountain . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsGYh8AacgY

Still the notion seems a fun one. Maybe I can learn how to stand for 30 seconds against a determined doggie . . . or maybe I will just donate my kidney.

Zebald
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000006e404/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

personally, and i speak for a lot of people most likely, you are disrespectful to 1v1's that occur, on all servers GTA is considered a 1v1 ground, CM doesnt really matter, if you want then do it, but don't go around when people even say we are one v one, and you decide to be rude and just take a kill, so personally, if i see a raid group come after you, i will gladly watch, and no offence to the creeps that zerged you, you went into npcs, and shield traits = nothing, learn to play. and stop posting random troll posts, blah im so hardcore like the others said, it was pretty much rude for how you acted towards the ground we were 1v1ing, next time im on cm or something, ill remember how you just ganked in others 1v1's so ill gladly do the same to you. remind you. 1v1 can happen anywhere, cm is just cm, a place, learn respect. if you cant respect people, even if they turn around and dont respect you. then you have some other issues to solve, i never corpse jump, and ive been corpse jumped. Ive never attacked someone elses kill in a 1v1, but people take my kbs all the time. I let freevers go at times, i even for god sake allow the people probably who dont know much do what they want, stop taking this game seriously, especially pvp, you won't win this nor will I. Learn to actually do something, and leave others alone, if there isn't a fight.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000097bdd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Long, Thick and Sharp, From the shadows, I'll stick you from behind, deep and bloody, Mmmm the joy of pleasure..."

All I have to say to all these posts is .... CA-CAW!

1v1s are silly, complaining about 1v1s is silly, complaining about being killed in a pvp zone by someone pvping is silly. Oh yes. And me complaining about people complaining about the above is just down right silly.

More Pew-PEW, Less QQ
    [img]http://www.piviksnetwork.com/images/sig-lotro.jpg[/img]
    I never hurt no Creeps.

It's just a game... and if people want to have 1v1s somewhere other than cm, let them! There is no law that says cm is the only only only 1v1 zone. It's one thing to not know that a zone has been declared 1v1 and accidentally get involved in a fight, but it is quite different when you see people are having a 1v1 to interrupt that to gank some renown or infamy. That is just dumb. Yeah, maybe the whole moors is a pvp zone, but that doesn't dictate how the game is played; that is determined by the players themselves. So if a certain area is being used for 1v1, and it's clear that a large number of both creeps and freeps are in for that, please don't place your selfish interests above the rest of the players trying to have a good time with some 1v1.

Have a nice day.

-Revanlonglegs
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000fbcfe/signature.png]Revanlonglegs[/charsig]
    "Videogames take no skill, if they did, no one would play" - a player on creepside DD

He is just sad that he can't win 1v1s so he steals others' kills
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21601000009361b/signature.png]Kittyyumyums[/charsig]

I'm the WORST warg on DD

As long as you play that ezmode warden of yours you can expect every creep to have a negative view on anything you do out in the moors.
    [center][color=orange][b]High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=teal][b]Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=darkviolet][b]Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion [/b][/color][/center]

I just lol at the people who say thal cant get solo kills are you people really that stupid? a shield warden gets solo kills lol.
    [URL=http://s1087.photobucket.com/user/foustthejosh/media/download1_zps6a10fd02.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j462/foustthejosh/download1_zps6a10fd02.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Of course you can get solo kills all you have to do is sit there for 5 minutes and roll your face over your keyboard.
    [center][color=orange][b]High Chieftain Kamikazee Rank 13 Reaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=teal][b]Restinpepperonis Rank 9 Weaver [/b][/color][/center]
    [center][color=darkviolet][b]Third Marshal Karoc Rank 12 Champion [/b][/color][/center]

Thal, what makes CM a designated place anyways?? It's just another place on the map just like GTA..... We asked you to stop, friends and I were having friendly 1v1's there. No reason to be rude and interrupt us when there was fighting elsewhere on the map.

It's sad you derive your fun by taking it from others... GTA is a easier place because #1 Open field and #2 closer to creep rez.

So please, all the moors is a pvp zone, if CM is sacred to you then other 1v1 hot spots should be as well. Other servers have 1v1 area's everywhere, why should ours be different because stubborn jerks say so?

It's hard to get me upset but honestly it's ridiculous that you can't just ride on by, we aren't even in the way of anyone. Your going out of your way to go to us and kill us because "we aren't somewhere we should be"... Come on, grow up.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

If only GTA was a little further away from EC. We all know he doesn't travel more than 200m away from npcs without a zerg/healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardal View Post
    I just lol at the people who say thal cant get solo kills are you people really that stupid? a shield warden gets solo kills lol.
    Vouch. I have seen him get solo kills. It was on this r0 reaver that kept running out of grams towards him and then seemed to go afk. He solo killed this dude over and over and the afk reaver had no chance. I dont even think he had to use cooldowns to kill this afk r0 reaver. Unfortunately this stopped when i engaged him on my spider, i chased him as he fled from me (solo). Eventually other players jumped in after he started running to speed his death up... Apparently i wasnt the only one watching him get his "solo kills".
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000f8df2/signature.png]Iliketurtles[/charsig]

I've often found that groups judge individuals by how those individuals conduct themselves and the general courtesy those individuals show to others they come across. If this shameless attitude is what you're going to display to others(especially on the forums), then expect groups to hold very low opinions of you - especially when you deny Xuneng a portion of his infamy and his kb by scrapping his duels.
    Last edited by GoogleKeithBoadwee; Jun 22 2012 at 09:13 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000005f78b/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Why is there a need to attack everything we see on this server? I've noticed this is almost an exclusively small server syndrome. Most larger pvp based servers have impromptu 1v1s, and what do you know, their communities are more inviting to each other.

I know I'm one of the freeps that generally attacks wargs hitting a solo player, but that's just because I've assumed they've jumped them coming from rez. I can understand people attacking grouping up to attack people around lugz/tr/gv/grams, but if they're at gta or cm or nidor's rock, just leave them alone. It's obvious they want to 1v1, and if they QQ at you for not attacking their target on OOC, then next time help that one specific player out.

Let other types of pvp thrive too, not just your kind. Reknown really isn't that important.

how can someone lose respect for you if no one has it?
    i already said you are a fail shield warden and a spy
    so you are double fail

ps: +rep for sycarius and i will gank whoever i don't like on cm or wherever they are 1v1ing
    i just can't control myself sorry guys

gTA may be a 1v1 area on other servers but not on this one. The last time I tried conducting it as a 1v1 whlie Killoc was around 1v1ing there - I was sparring Wakkalakka and Roudy and Ssuperbuzz came out of no where and ganked an obvious 1v1 that other creeps were watching. Wakkalakka himself was disappointed in their behaviour. So if the ranked creeps on this server who have plenty of play-experience want to send out the message that it is not a zone safe for freeps to 1v1 anything, then I'm going to "respect" their wishes and shoot the same message back to the creeps.

Second to that, if they're enough creeps out to send 10+ at me and have me turn tail into EC - then stop standing around 1v1ing and actualy get some PvP going. Thanks to what I did, at least, I saw some decent PvP begin to occur because all the creeps came out of their hidey holes and a few freeps turned up at EC to start some real fights.

I don't know what is so difficult about moving yourselves to CM either.

As far as playing my Ward goes - I invite any and all of you who I haven't sparred already to a 1v1 (albeit on CM not gTA). If you want to qq about my playing and say it is as simple as facerolling on my keyboard then you guys should have no problem sparring me. It should especially be no problem since I apparently can't killl anything by myself. Of course, I'm sure the majority of you will back out of this challenge because in the end of the day you're cowards who can't put your money where your mouths are. This extends to any comment-happy freep who wants a spar. Always happy to fight in GV too.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    Dear All,

P.S. To those that got annoyed at me interrupting at gTA earlier today - if you are going to flip to try to kill me, make sure to bring 20+ creeps and to zerg me all at once otherwise you are just feeding me. Thanks for the +10 rating and +200 renown at the cost of no deaths.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaelon View Post
    gTA may be a 1v1 area on other servers but not on this one. The last time I tried conducting it as a 1v1 whlie Killoc was around 1v1ing there - I was sparring Wakkalakka and Roudy and Ssuperbuzz came out of no where and ganked an obvious 1v1 that other creeps were watching. Wakkalakka himself was disappointed in their behaviour. So if the ranked creeps on this server who have plenty of play-experience want to send out the message that it is not a zone safe for freeps to 1v1 anything, then I'm going to "respect" their wishes and shoot the same message back to the creeps.
    I love how your example of getting your 1v1 ruined is two wargs on you, when OBVIOUSLY creeps need 20+ to kill you. You should've seen it as a bonus to your 1v1, getting 2 more warg kills. Don't use warg ganking where you're in the advantage anyways as your reason to disrupt gTA fighting.

When will CM not be safe? gTA has mostly been known for 1v1s, just as CM has been mostly known for 1v1 as well. They're both places for organized action, why can't you take your group fighting somewhere else either? If you want creeps to group fight, you know where to find them. If all creeps are such cowards, sit in red TA and let them jump you for your free points instead of interrupting a 1v1 because of one time two wargs pounced you.

I've 1v1'd at GTA on this server more than I have at CM.

just sayin.
    Herat - Warleader
    Warz - Captain
    He - Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Zulubeast View Post
    I love how your example of getting your 1v1 ruined is two wargs on you, when OBVIOUSLY creeps need 20+ to kill you. You should've seen it as a bonus to your 1v1, getting 2 more warg kills. Don't use warg ganking where you're in the advantage anyways as your reason to disrupt gTA fighting.

When will CM not be safe? gTA has mostly been known for 1v1s, just as CM has been mostly known for 1v1 as well. They're both places for organized action, why can't you take your group fighting somewhere else either? If you want creeps to group fight, you know where to find them. If all creeps are such cowards, sit in red TA and let them jump you for your free points instead of interrupting a 1v1 because of one time two wargs pounced you.
    ^Agreed 100%
    Chocla 95 Minstrel (Fail Ezmoder) ~ Kraurshak R7 Warg (GTA 1v1 Ganker) ~ Qqmoarpls 41 Hunter
    "if i wanted i could go and actually become a lawyer " -belv

Still I think it is silly. Only place for over the last year to 1v1 on dwarrow was CM and it followed certain rules I have 1v1'd one time on GTA and those same rules were not followed. To heck with 'rules' in the moors. It is kill or be killed if you get away with a 1v1 be greatful. You are not going to prevent other people from playing the way Turbine actually set it up. IF they had intended 1v1s they would have set up 1v1 combat areas. They didn't. Many of you are going on and on just because you don't like Thaelon. Well I think enough has been said on this entire subject. Gank or be ganked, 1v1 or don't 1v1. Just don't come QQ when one is interrupted by wargs, QQ when a shield warden somehow beats you up...they do what 3dps? I mean really.
    [img]http://www.piviksnetwork.com/images/sig-lotro.jpg[/img]
    I never hurt no Creeps.

I didn't even know gTA was a 1v1 area... I've seen RvR there, but not so much on the 1v1. Personally, I prefer CM because it's far away from things, plus the view is much better. I have issues with people ganking these things for the same reason I don't particularly enjoy rez camping (outside of Lugz rez, which I make an exception for because it's SO strategically close to OC.) It's not that these are against the rules... Honestly, there aren't any real rules. I think we're all aware that PVMP is the redheaded stepchild of the LoTRO world. If we're not given any encouragement via a new map, or new mechanics, oftentimes the best alternatives come out of player-organized "maps."

I get that the "gankers" and rez campers are there to have their own fun in the game. And that's fine. The issue is not them having fun. It's that they have fun at the expense of the fun of others. Such actions are rude and disrespectful of other players... And there's no need for it. There are plenty of opportunities to gain commies and reknown in the Moors. Heck, sometimes I think that my character was born to feed infamy to creeps when she DPSes. You WILL get commies and infamy from me eventually.

I actually have more to say, but I'm falling asleep on the keyboard, so...

Thanks to all the creeps who 1v1ed me on CM. I'm learning a great deal and I hope one day to be a worthy opponent.
    [b]Lythiea of Dwarrowdelf[/b], Member of [url=http://dd-asylum.info][b]Asylum[/b][/url] - R8 85 RK
    [b]Alts:[/b] Selenicereus, 85 guard, Castria, 85 cap, Fiordiligi, 82 LM, Minilyth, 75 mini, and Lythfiler, r6 filer.

Here is how the moors should work through sycarius' eyes.

step 1: stop your QQ

step 2: kill things.

step 3: organize.

step 4: if theres a 1v1 respect it.

step 5: delete any warden that is shield traits and or think he can be pro with it.

step 6: feed sycarius renown plox

step 7: walk upto turtle's and wave in stealth, jump around, as distraction while raid group slowly engages...

step 8: Slap crygin and make him run around the map tryin to get me slowing him and walking away with a mez and hipsmapping in front of his eyes...

step 9: log to creep and say goodnight

step 10: rinse-and-repeat say no life! >

sorry couldn't resist, now onto real subject. Again, you most really have never understand what respect is then Thal. I don't care if you gank a 1v1, but i will gladly see you die the same way, if you do it to me or any of the others and take your renown by leaching more then your warden can do in 3 secs of its time. just saying, play this game to have fun, we all just want fun, but you won't even allow 1v1s, bbats and roudy, they dont care, much surprisingly.. they say they are in E and respect how E places but don't basically go by them so who cares? they do what they want, then i guess do what you want? but if there's a ONE VS ONE BACK OFF AND JUST LEAVE IT ALONE. CAN YOU DO THAT? I WAS GANKED ABOUT 3-5 times at GTA on my burg yesterday and my champ, i slaughtered the gankers. easy as that, then it came to the point were killoc, me, and aktis LM got ganked by 7 of them, we rolled about 4/7 so what??? &&&& happens, ganks happen on cm, you are saying because its a white snowy mountain you have more respect for the tradition 1v1??? well then damn can i fight you while free falling out of a plane? I respect that more since i have safe fall and you don't. just saying.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000097bdd/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    "Long, Thick and Sharp, From the shadows, I'll stick you from behind, deep and bloody, Mmmm the joy of pleasure..."

Thal, show respect, and you'll get respect.

Despite being shield-traited and somewhat ez-mode, you do know how to play your class better than most, and I can respect that. There's a whole map out there, no need to gank 1v1s at a remote spot on the map which still happens to be an easily accessed area for both freeps and especially creeps.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d2160100000e1dea/signature.png]Andrag[/charsig]

And just cuz Roudy and Bbats(lol.) ganked you doesnt mean you should wish that on all the creeps. They don't speak for all the creeps, and you shouldnt try to represent us, especially when I was the creep 1v1ing my friends in a nice, easily accessible area. We asked you to stop, you got your gank twice.

I'm not insulting you, just your rudeness to not respect people trying to have their fun in a spot you dont condone, which is ridiculous.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000039335/signature.png]Atador[/charsig]

Proud member of Ainur, Best kin on Dwarro always.

hormonessssssssss
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000050c5e/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast