We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Raiding Relics

Raiding Relics

Hi all,
    In your opinion, what are the best relics for strictly raiding LIs?

Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d4416/signature.png]Rhayvan[/charsig]

Not all who launder are washed.

This depends on your tasks in the raid. If I have to support, I go for moral and power or moral- and power-regeneration.

As a DD I go for crit, tactical damage.

In both cases I use the rune witch reduces the casttime.
    lvl 85 lm (main), lvl 85 champ, lvl 85 rk, lvl 85 hunter, lvl 85 minni

True Setting of Continuance
    Great River Gem of Hope
    True Rune of the Two Trees

Crit/Mastery are not something you need to focus on in AM/Raid spec (though a little doesn't hurt, I use the will/crit/mastery crafted relics on all my LIs). I might consider using 1/2x Emerald of the Verdant Glen instead of those gems if I still had them, but tactical mit is far too easy to cap on a light armour class.
    Eraelin | Redemnus

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    Great River Gem of Hope
    True Rune of the Two Trees

Crit/Mastery are not something you need to focus on in AM/Raid spec (though a little doesn't hurt, I use the will/crit/mastery crafted relics on all my LIs). I might consider using 1/2x Emerald of the Verdant Glen instead of those gems if I still had them, but tactical mit is far too easy to cap on a light armour class.
    More or less this ^^^ if you're intention is to solely fill the niche required of you by the raid (debuffing, cc yadda yadda). In this case, all the morale you can get with relics is sufficient. However, if you're trying to maximize your effectiveness (particularly on bosses) with some extra dps, I would definitely drop the True Rune of the Two Trees in favor of one of the Runes of Power (one of the ones with tact mastery of course... a few still only have physical I believe). I also favor one or two Garnet Gems of the Long Stride (25 vit, 500 something crit on t8) over the Gems of Hope, depending on where your crit is at otherwise.

A lot of what you do depends entirely at where your base morale is otherwise. If you can hold around 7k without stacking morale relics, add in some crit and mastery. If your dipping below in the 6k's or God forbid the 5k's, get that morale in there.
    [CENTER]
    [IMG]http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk321/jdcasy/ApexFlight_zps07fef3b4.png[/IMG][COLOR=#a9a9a9]
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#999999][B]~ Cirq - r13 LM - Apex - Elendilmir [/B]// [B]Cirone of Windfola ~[/B][B][I]
    "Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times."[/I] [/B][/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Tarenius View Post
    Great River Gem of Hope
    True Rune of the Two Trees.
    I use these for raids also.

Someone above mentioned the attack duration relics. Not to derail the thread, but I was under the impression they were not so useful for LMs. Certainly, they help a bit, but the main problem for LMs isn't the attack speed, but the induction. The relics don't help with inductions, so they are less useful than one might think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

you are not wrong re attack duration, no LM in their right mind should use -AD relics even from a pure DPS perspective.

Reduced attack duration decreases autoattack time or time between skills that dont have inductions, nothing else. -AD will give us a marginal increase in DPS, but due to our reliance on inductions and cooldowns, the effect is very minor.
    Lore-mastery - A weekly column discsussing end game lore-master play.

I stand corrected. Because of the sloppy translation, I was under the impression, that the runes decrease the induction as well. I will have to cange the runes.
    lvl 85 lm (main), lvl 85 champ, lvl 85 rk, lvl 85 hunter, lvl 85 minni