We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Red face [Event] Summer Poetry Competition

Listening to the summer chimes,
    Of summer sounds of summer time,
    Bringing all that nature is,
    That shows and sounds like,
    Summer chimes,

Ellen Ni Bhechain

And what better time ter announce this years Summer Poetry competition? My, has it really been a year since the first were held?

Will Master Simbo finaly turn up ter judge? Will it be another close run thing? There's only one way ter find out!

When: Saturday 7th July

Time: 7:30 pm (BST)/ 2:30 (I think) servertime

Topics: Happiness; a journey; friendship

Prizes: Summer-Time bard title, plus anything else we can find!

All races are welcome ter sign up fer this most grand event, and I'll look ferward ter seeing ye all on the night. Refreshment are provided and music is on hand fer yer dancing.

Hurrah!

You know, I think I may actually be able to make it to the Poetry Competition this time, so I would be more than happy to be a judge for it, if you would have me!

I may even rustle up a poem of my own too!

*Cheers for Poems*
    Simbo Rumblebelly
    Gardener, Adventurer and Pie-Lover

Oooh! I'll help judge again!

*cheers and looks for her fryin' pan*
    [CENTER][charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c0000001dc527/signature.png]Sevelda[/charsig]
    "If this hobbit goes with you, you will succeed. If not, you will fail.
    A foresight is on me, and I am warning you."
    [/CENTER]

*Checks over the papers once more*

"Well, there's anough ter choose ter judge that's fer sure... now who's taking part?"

*Looks at another paper and her eyes widen*

"Oh my.... That many so far? I'd best get sorting"

Places still available for original poems for the event that a year old now. Are you the one to take the title Summer-Time Bard from Master Simbo? Then sign up terday and see what happens.

A change of plan for me....

Instead of being a judge, perhaps I could participate in the competition myself again? After all, I have missed the last two, and it is about time I entered another poem!

*Starts scribbling some lines on a notepad*
    Simbo Rumblebelly

Well... tis normal fer a winner ter become a judge fer the next round, and ye have been avoiding that...

But seeing as how tis yer title ter defend, and it's only fair and proper it being the aniversary as well!

*writes name down and nods*

There, tis done, yer on the list!

((And the event has now been accepted as part of the summer fun! So prizes also from Turbine!))

Tis only four short days till we all meet!

*Realises that there's still things to be done and starts pulling the cushions off the sofa, muttering about "Prizes"*
    Last edited by TwenBumblefoot; Jul 06 2012 at 06:31 AM.

Oh my goodness, where hs ter time gone?

Last full day afore we meet at the Methil stage.. oh dear... oh my

Cheese... there has ter be cheese..

The poetry competition is tonight! *Cheers*

I hope the preparations are going well, Miss Jadite. Especially the Cheese Pie! There will be cheese pies, won't there....? *Winks*
    Simbo Rumblebelly

Unfortunately I won't be able to make tonight's event, but I wish the very best of luck to the competitors. Hope you all have lots of fun.
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

Tis with sorrow that I hear ye canna attend ternight Lady Tanes, but ye'll be with us in spirit that is fer sure.

And fer ye master Simbo, Cheese pie will be there!

Right folks, ternights the night, so dress in yer finery and come along ter the Methil Stage. A grand loads of budding poets will be playing fer the title of "Summer-time Bard" Will Master Simbo be able ter keep a tight hold on it? We'll have ter see!

What a wonderful competition! Well done for organising it, Miss Jadite, it was grand!

And a big cheer to all the winners too!

*Cheers*
    Simbo Rumblebelly

Thank ye all fer turning up and making it an event ter remember! From the last minute entries ter the amount of Firewroks set off - Ah bet Barmy were glad we didna hold the after show party in the Dragon!

Fer the next year, Miss Tibba is the proud holder o' the "Summer-time Bard* Title, Mis Cloves the Amazing came a close second, with the Lovely "Lady Rose", the bright lady Aeleazabeth taking third place.

Tis off fer a well earned rest an ale, I am!