We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Hello Laurelin!

Hello Laurelin!

Good morning,
    Returning player here, looking to start fresh on an RP server and was curious how the game is and if it a good time to return. Been a long time since I played LotRO with any vigor and a good community of mature players is what I am looking for.

Spent time retrieving my account last night and looking to roll a new character early this evening and get started.

Thanks, in advance, for any advice or answers.

(as a note, posted a similar thread in Landroval)

Re: Hello Laurelin!

Welcome back to Middle-earth and welcome to Laurelin!

This server, has a very mature and friendly community from what i have seen and experienced so far and the RP really adds a lot in terms of immersion. Just have a look at all the nice RP events here and you will see what i mean

Make sure you visit Laurelin Archives, there you can see/learn about people, RP Kins and Events, backstories and more, its a great resourse that gives people a good idea about RP on the server

Since i started playing this game, way back, i have been on three different servers and this one, Laurelin, for me is much better than the other ones, Community/RP and immersion-wise

Also, feel free to drop me a tell in-game, if you have any questions about the game or RP or post your name here and will try to sent you a tell

Quote Originally Posted by ''Cris''' View Post
    Welcome back to Middle-earth and welcome to Laurelin!
    Thanks, Cris! Once I've determine which class to play, and get in game, I will look you up and say hello.

Hi there Waits, let me add a hello and welcome also onto that given by Cris. The Laurelin Archives is indeed a good place to start to get a feel for the roleplay that goes on. Also keep an eye on the Turbine Laurelin Server thread as a lot of things are posted there.

I originally started like Cris on a different server for me it was Snowborne but i am much happier here.

I hope your going to enjoy your time once more in Middle Earth, Laurelin really does have some great people on the server. Plus if you ever see an elf pass you by called Khalis give me a wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalis_Laurelin View Post
    Plus if you ever see an elf pass you by called Khalis give me a wave.
    Thank you, Khalis. I will be sure to wave. Now, to spend the remainder of the work day considering which class to play.

Landroval is more active in the americain evening time.

Laurelin is more active in the european/UK evening time.

I can't really speak for UK/EU time on landroval, but on laurelin, on americain time the server can be a bit quiet, RP and instance wise.

p.s. Just pick Laurelin, we're are nicer, generally :P

p.s.s Although, I'm biased of course

Thanks Mistwood.

If anyone has any advice on how to properly "RP" in game, it would be greatly appreciated. What I would like to know is the proper way to do, I mean, I know how to RP but I do not want to cause a faux pas by not using the correct commands and conventions.

Thanks in advance.

Here are some RP guides that are generally accepted as good RP conventions, of course, different folks like to RP in VERY different ways, and sometimes RPers clashes, not over the degree of "respect to the lores or to convention", but over difference in taste.

A "short" guide to role-play
    This is a wiki version of RP how-tos, it's short, it's concise, it's a must read.

Sabo's Guide to Effective Role-Playing
    Good read if you have the time.

Blackwarden's Newcomer RP Guide
    Short and sweet

The above 3 offers pretty much the same info on the do and don't of RPings.

Turbine Official Roleplaying Rules and Policy
    So you know when to report bad behaviour, not that it would ever happen during your play time.
    Last edited by Mistwood; Jun 20 2012 at 09:04 PM.

Thank you for the links and information, Mistwood, much appreciated.

Now, if I could only find the time to actually get online to make a character and get started.
    Last edited by Waits; Jun 21 2012 at 06:20 PM.