We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

A new start on a new server

Greetings good folk of Laurelin,

Here speaks an old Withywindle player. Due to it's lack of activity and pretty dying state, I have also decided to take the leap to a new server. Why did I pick Laurelin? The community of Laurelin has a very good reputation on other servers and it is the RP server. Not that I am into heavy RP myself but I do tire of seeing players run around with non-lore fitting names.

I have been playing Lotro since the Open beta in 2007 and have been on the Snowbourn and Withywindle servers.

I have decided on taking a new start and try a class I did not play before so I did not server transfer any characters.

Now that I am getting more familiar with the server I am looking for a kinship to take me in while I get my character up to speed.

The sort of kinship I am looking for at the moment is one offering an active, homely atmosphere with kind and mature players. Some light RP and, when I reach the adequate levels, instancing would not hurt either. But for now the main thing I am looking for is a homely kinship with some friendly banter in kin chat while I get settled on this server.

I have looked through Laurelin archives but I notice that some of the kinships on that list lack presence in the game. So I also ask through this channel.

Greetings,
    Tarinvor.
    Withywindle: Hargorin, 85 GRD; Tharwil, 53 CHMP and a whole lot more offspring

Re: A new start on a new server

Hiya - Just a quick plug - if you're based in the States (I don't remember if Withy was a North American or a former EU server), you might like to spend some time with the Iron Axes. We're NA based and very active during the US evenings - and actually, have a nice EU component as well, so usually there's something going on most of the time. We're pretty casual, variable in our RP (Casual to full-timers), and like to do things together.

If you like, feel free to check out our kin page in my sig. If its something that sounds like it may be for you, feel free to drop me a line - if not, no worries!

Peace!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c00000014c989/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

If you are still looking then you may find sanctuary with Sanctuary. Casual, light RP, with a large group of friends that has been growing since before the game was in beta and with a consistent core of addicts complemented by many travellers that regularly come and go but never leave.

We have a regular kin gathering on a Monday, with ad hoc instances and questings and raids as and when on other nights.

At present we are also putting together an alt night, to firstly assist our lower level players and also to provide something different to the normal level cap grind, that those long term players are going through.

Majority of our players fall into the mature bracket.

Feel free to check us out on our forum http://www.guild-sanctuary.com/

and if you like the sound of us then please sign up after reading our pledge http://www.guild-sanctuary.com/forum...hp?page=pledge

good luck with your kin hunting and hope you have a successful time on Laurelin
    May stone always shield your head from the sky and ale be at your hand, but not too much ale, you know how you get after the twelfth tankard.

[url]http://www.guild-sanctuary.com/[/url]

I am a European player as is the Withywindle server.
    Thanks for being so kind to respond. (+ Rep. out of appreciation)

I'm going to look up the sites and read through them

Welcome to Laurelin Tarinvor, the server is indeed full of mostly really nice people. I hope you quickly settle in and start to have fun.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

Don't listen to Morbi. He's only trying to get you to join our kin in the hope that you will lower the average height and join him in trying to oust all elves from the kinship. Actually, I have just noticed he didn't mention height or race once. I do apologise, his account must have been hacked and that was an impostor trying to persuade you to join Sanctuary. Of course you are still free to join Sanctuary, just be wary of the dwarves.

And the hobbits.

And the burglars.

And especially the hobbit burglars.

Unless you remember to bring cake as a decoy. Then you could be safe. For a little while at least.

Anyway, I'm off to check on Morbi and make sure he's feeling alright.
    [center][size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/font][/size][font="Book Antiqua"]
    [size="3"][color="wheat"](founded Nov 2005)[/color][/size][/font]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000000b2f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by AnnatarsGift View Post
    Don't listen to Morbi. He's only trying to get you to join our kin in the hope that you will lower the average height and join him in trying to oust all elves from the kinship. Actually, I have just noticed he didn't mention height or race once.
    Poor Morbi, another dwarf with Height-issues.
    This is fast becoming a sociologic cliché in Middle-Earth.

If this is the kind of banter that takes place in Sanctuary I should fit right in there.

Banter? Banter you say! This is a serious issue that all us dwarves are keen to ensure is of the upmost priority. Upmost! Harr-harr! Sounds like a good name for someone like an Elf who spends most of their time mainly up their own...

/Dwarf_mode Off

Sorry about that. That was a close one. I try and keep my inner dwarf in check most of the time, but Morbi can be a bad influence.
    [center][size="4"][font="Book Antiqua"][color="#F5DEB3"]Є[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]T[/color][color="#EF6868"]h[/color][color="#DF6161"]e[/color] [color="#CF0000"]Sanct[/color][color="#CF3333"]u[/color][color="#DF5353"]a[/color][color="#EF6868"]r[/color][color="#EFA9A4"]y[/color][color="#F5CAB3"]~[/color][color="#F5DEB3"]Э[/color][/font][/size][font="Book Antiqua"]
    [size="3"][color="wheat"](founded Nov 2005)[/color][/size][/font]

[charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2521c000000000b2f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig][/center]

AG

this is indeed a very serious issue and one day the kinfolk will wake up and realise that I was right all along.

Have you seen the new steps leading to Sanctuary, those humans have built them way too tall our poor hobbit cousins are having to climb up them, they are too steep to walk up.

and some elf threatened to take my axe off me today also. I only wanted to chop for wood for the fire as it was cold. I chose the oldest tree around not one of the new ones, how was I to know that the elves were having a meeting up there. Silly place to hold a meeting, I think they are conspiring, they'll be putting plants on all the dining tables soon if we are not careful.

Short folk of Sanctuary you have been warned

Tarinvor - us dwarves don't banter, we stand up for our rights, which unfortunately get overlooked far too often

PS we did have a kinchat discussion on the virtue of dwarves and elves today, there were thousands of those elves and just the one dwarf, and at the end the dwarf was the only one remaining standing, although some long legged human did point out that she thoguht we had all left, as she didnt see me down there
    Last edited by Morbi; Jun 24 2012 at 09:53 PM.
    May stone always shield your head from the sky and ale be at your hand, but not too much ale, you know how you get after the twelfth tankard.

[url]http://www.guild-sanctuary.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Morbi View Post
    and some elf threatened to take my axe off me today also. I only wanted to chop for wood for the fire as it was cold. I chose the oldest tree around not one of the new ones, how was I to know that the elves were having a meeting up there. Silly place to hold a meeting, I think they are conspiring, they'll be putting plants on all the dining tables soon if we are not careful.
    A tree is makes perfect sense to hold a meeting in, master Dwarf.
    It's that underground housing that does not.

I was carrying around mail in the shire the other day when suddenly I dropped in a hole in the ground.
    When I landed it was very hot under my bottom as it turned out I had fallen through a hobbit's chimney that was in dire need of repair and had landed right in his fireplace. My cloak caught fire and the bag of mail was destroyed in the process.
    I had to run all the way back to a godforsaken place to get a new one.

Making those murder holes in the middle of a peaceful place throwing an elf of his business.
    Purely irresponsible is what I call that.