We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Gear advice

Gear advice

Hi all,
    So I just finished leveling my LM to 75. I am really only interested in raiding, so I don't need any dps type stuff. My question is this. If you could trade/craft/barter for anything in terms of armour and jewelry, what would you get? I have access to the various draigoch and orthanc armour as well. I can also craft whatever jewelry. So please let me know what you'd go for.

Thanks.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0a20b0000000d4416/signature.png]Rhayvan[/charsig]

Not all who launder are washed.

Re: Gear advice

Pretty standard answer, but:

Get the great river tactical sword (critted ofc)

If you're only going raiding it sometimes can be nice to keep 2 targets permadazed, I tend to run in Iordur almost exclusively unless I'm NOT AM traited in a 1 target fight.

For jewellery, if you're never going to go DPS, try and at least get enough tactical mastery to cap your outgoing healing at 50.0% (buffed).
    For the rest ICPR is always a good thing, together with vit or raw morale to try and get to at least 8K buffed so you can withstand unlucky devastates. Tactical mitigation really helps in ToO, particularly saruman fight.

Personally, I run with the great river mender's jewels (take a long time to get but less 'hard' than the raid jewellery), 2X Aelechor (ToO T1 lightning, FnF, acid) and ofcourse the build-it-yourself will necklace from the ox-clan camp.

I know I left out crit here but you should get a decent amount with the fate you naturally build up with armour and tactical jewels, and unfortunately your power share skill cannot crit, nor can your debuffs or CC..

Edit: Rewording and fixing mistakes
    Last edited by Mystion_EU; Jun 18 2012 at 01:25 PM.
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?468468-Eldar-slays-a-Galtrev-Training-Dummy!]Eldar slays a 3.8 million Training Dummy![/URL]

In addition to what Mystion already said:

Also get the Draigoch 5-set and wear it whenever you don't need the 35s daze. The extra percentage incoming crit chance from See All Ends is great for all content (the faster your targets die, the easier it gets), and the prolonged duration of Ancient Craft is a nice extra, especially for the times you won't be traited full Ancient Master. There will be raiding situations in which you don't need the prolonged daze, for instance for some of the ToO bosses.

First make sure you have enough morale and tactical mitigation to survive some hits (especially for T2) - a dead lore-master is a useless lore-master - and enough finesse to let your CC and debuffs land. After that it's increasing your tactical mastery and icpr as far as much as you can get away with. I wouldn't necessarily say you need to cap outgoing healing, as there are only two skills you'll use that are affected by it (only counting serious skills, not Inner Flame and blah) and I've heard the diminishing returns get steep. But of course, the more the merrier.

I don't know by heart what raiding gear I wear (I'm terribly bad with names), but I'll pop in-game and post here later, if I don't forget.

Edit:

As promised,
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonPard View Post
    If you could trade/craft/barter for anything in terms of armour and jewelry, what would you get?
    I didn't make a study of "what is out there and where to get it" since that's not my sort of thing to do, but this is the best stuff for Ancient Master raid lore-masters I could get my hands on:

I have 7k morale unbuffed in this setup, which is fine, also for ToO T2.

In case I need tactical mitigation (most ToO bosses):

With this setup I already got 10,497 tactical mitigation solo (with Tolerance and Fidelity), so that's overcapped (light armour class cap is 40%). With raven that's even +1315 tactical mitigation more. So what I do is that I check in what group I am in the raid itself (are there minstrel and/or captain buffs?) and if I'll be using raven or not, and swap in the item(s) that let me loose the least stats and gets me closest to perfectly capped.

There's not really much on my wishlist left apart from some of the EM-sets that give nice set-bonuses (one also extra duration of Blinding Flash, but 3-set, and one partially mimicing OD-set bonus).
    Last edited by Ravanel; Jun 18 2012 at 01:37 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#33ffcc]Ravanel (lore-master) | Ravalinde (rune-keeper) | Ravenwyn (captain)
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#40e0d0]~ Gilrain ~[/COLOR][COLOR=#33ffcc][/COLOR]
    [URL="http://ravalation.blogspot.com"]ravalation.blogspot.com[/URL]
    [/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Mystion_EU View Post

Personally, I run with the great river mender's jewels (take a long time to get but less 'hard' than the raid jewellery), 2X Aelechor (ToO T2 lightning, FnF, acid) and ofcourse the build-it-yourself will necklace from the ox-clan camp.

Aelechor drops in bosses 1-3 of Orthanc T1, so its pretty easy to get. There is always 1 t1 item that drops in T2 so the above poster may have seen it in t2 but its pretty common on t1. Iulin(sp) is a necklace that drops in Dargnakhs revenge t2c and has a good amount of tactical mastery and 1500 tactical mitigation. Its nice (situationally) while raiding (saruman, F/F-boss, Lightning-boss). Also the great river (pocket) book of defense adds a lot of defense for 1 item, so again its situationally useful. You dont want to be 'that guy' that consistently gets 1 shotted by center saruman etc. The great river caster earing is really nice. Celechor(sp) from foundry t2c last boss is also a nice bracelet. Personally, I run 1x aelechor and 1x celechor and like the mix.

Be sure to have a minimum of 5k combined finess. By combined i mean finesse + your -resist rating debuff skills on your book. This should minimize resists against mobs that have 'remarkable' resistance to tactical effects (base resist rating of 14%, ~raid bosses for debuffs).

While not gear related you can save a lot of power by using the t7 parables before using share the power.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/042080000000d37e2/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

on debuff you need only finesse for avoid miss vitality for survive power regen and nothing more ...
    Tactical resist can help too but you can choise some trait for that + raven buff can be enought in raid cause the cap for light armored is 40%.

Quote Originally Posted by stk647 View Post
    Aelechor drops in bosses 1-3 of Orthanc T1, so its pretty easy to get. There is always 1 t1 item that drops in T2 so the above poster may have seen it in t2 but its pretty common on t1.
    This is true, Aelechor drops on T1 which I should have typed instead of T2, thanks for spotting the mistake!

Also, I don't seem to have much difficulty raising that will/tact mastery up to 1800/27000 while still keeping OK morale, decent finesse, ICPR and tact mitigation.
    Going over that 50.0% incoming healing is not so useful in raids. If you see you cap it at 50.0% without any buffs/clickie I would suggest dropping some in favor of vit/tact resist/ICPR. Unless you're mainly DPSing ofcourse, outgoing damage does not cap at 100%.
    [URL=http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?468468-Eldar-slays-a-Galtrev-Training-Dummy!]Eldar slays a 3.8 million Training Dummy![/URL]