We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Man or elf?champion

Please help me choose stat wise, what should i pick for my new champion a man or an elf?STAT WISE :l

Re: Man or elf?champion

"STAT WISE" as you so put it, it makes no odds at all past level 20. Infact id say it has no bearing at all, ive been an Elf champ for 5 years never had anyone complain.

choose whichever you like best.
    "The internet is a bubble dominated by the loudest, most unrepresentative voices; an infinitesimally small minority of a minority which, deaf to reason and the opinions of others, deludes itself that somehow it is the voice of the majority. An infinite echo chamber of shrieking, witless banality."

Man champs have a tiny bit more might, a bit more fate, and have +5% incoming healing. Man champs are better than elf, but it doesn't much matter.
    [size=1][i]A spaceship from another star / They ask me where all the people are
    I tell them I'm the only one / There was a war, but I must have won[/i][/size]

Not to mention that on the racial traits the elf only gets +2% melee damage on 1 handed swords while the human gets +2% for both 1 handed and 2 handed swords.
    [highlight][color=black][size=2][B](•_•) Out numbered? Out gunned?
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■) Challenge Accepted[/B][/size][/color][/highlight]

i didn't think there was a choice other than dwarf
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000001e6c53/01001/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Don't choose Dorfs ... they stink :>
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."
    Vodomir - Champion (105) | Shae - Captain (97)
    Twisterhasen - Gwaihir [DE]

It has a hideously long cooldown and miserable healing stats at top level, but the Strength of Man racial healing trait has saved my butt a few times. The Man racial bonus to swords is nice too (the Elf bonus is only to 1 handed swords).

And dorfs have an uber-mitigation skill on a one-hour cooldown plus a bonus to axes, and elves have an ungodly parry they can do once an hour (use hedge), which has saved me.

Pick whichever race you want to play. My one regret is that hobbits can't be champions - that would so rock.

By end-game (actually by level 25), it's not going to matter. Play whichever you prefer to play. Champions are terrific, regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by SmellyCheese View Post
    It has a hideously long cooldown and miserable healing stats at top level, but the Strength of Man racial healing trait has saved my butt a few times. The Man racial bonus to swords is nice too (the Elf bonus is only to 1 handed swords).
    right! one extra heal, no matter how less it relates to max morale at later levels, it is still better than any pot, and is an additional heal..
    besides, the sword bonus makes it a nobrainer when it comes to having decide between 1h and 2h..

AW: Re: Man or elf?champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel666 View Post
    right! one extra heal, no matter how less it relates to max morale at later levels, it is still better than any pot, and is an additional heal..
    besides, the sword bonus makes it a nobrainer when it comes to having decide between 1h and 2h..
    The Mens' biggest advantage is the +5% inc. heal. The racial dmg bonus doesn't make much of a difference, +2% isn't that much to begin with and dorfs can just choose axes or elves go DW swords and there is no advantage for a man champ here. As for the racial "Oh Shoot!" skills, I think Strength of the morale is actually the weakest of the three as it didn't scale with level. Eldar's Grace and Dorf Endurance can both prevent more dmg than SotM is able to heal.

Just don't choose dorf and you are fine =)
    "Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul."

Dwarfs are obviously the superior race, that's why they had to give the extra 5% inc healing buff to men on top of the man heal Elves are beyond all help

but in reality, choose whichever one you like... it makes little difference.
    [CENTER]Nothing is impossible... it just costs more![/CENTER]
    [COLOR="#4169e1"][CENTER][URL="http://www.first-knights.eu"]First Knights Kinship[/URL][/CENTER][/COLOR]
    [CENTER][COLOR="#00bfff"]Snowbourn[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Re: AW: Re: Man or elf?champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vodomir View Post
    The racial dmg bonus doesn't make much of a difference, +2% isn't that much to begin with and dorfs can just choose axes or elves go DW swords and there is no advantage for a man champ here.
    Plus there isn't even a decent offhand sword to use in end game to take advantage of the +2%

AW: Re: AW: Re: Man or elf?champion

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    Plus there isn't even a decent offhand sword to use in end game to take advantage of the +2%
    Belegmegil from Shadow T2 CM is quite nice. But I wouldn't select the offhand based on the racial dmg bonus alone, as your main hand contributes far more to your DPS than your offhand. Losing the racial bonus on your offhand won't exactly make or break your DPS.

The Mens' biggest advantage is the +5% inc. heal. The racial dmg bonus doesn't make much of a difference, +2% isn't that much to begin with and dorfs can just choose axes or elves go DW swords and there is no advantage for a man champ here. As for the racial "Oh Shoot!" skills, I think Strength of the morale is actually the weakest of the three as it didn't scale with level. Eldar's Grace and Dorf Endurance can both prevent more dmg than SotM is able to heal.

Just don't choose dorf and you are fine =)
    yeah, the +5% are nice, not only in groups when getting heals, but also when you heal yourself. every little bit helps i guess.

about the racial "Oh Shoot!" skills (nice term!):
    I find strength of man better than Eldar's grace (its a parry buff for 10 sec iirc) since parry is only useful when not in fervour (or combining it with hedge = making it too many clickies for emergencies). Besides, both eldar's grace and dwarf endurance have to be triggered in advance to reduce further incoming damage, and making you trigger it too early perhaps.
    I rather use the man heal after having been hit by a devastating blow or so, when the pot is on cooldown.

AW: Man or elf?champion

Got an elf champion on Bullroarer. The animations drive me nuts. I much prefer the human animations. Dwarves are only for insecure people.

I'm the exact opposite of the above poster. I leveled a Race of Man Champion to 65 before deciding that the min/max of having that extra 2% auto-attack DPS from the Racial Trait when using a 2-hander wasn't worth it... I really like the Elf Champion animations much more than the Man Champion animations. I think that how elves in combat hold their weapons is much more elegant than men. My new Champion is now almost level 30 and I don't regret it.
    Narlinde, level 100 Minstrel, Rank 11, Member of Trucido ~ Windfola

Quote Originally Posted by Rapunzel666 View Post
    since parry is only useful when not in fervour (or combining it with hedge = making it too many clickies for emergencies
    Eldar's Grace is supposed to override Fervour, though it might be broken again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    I've been using this with my elf champion: http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...word_of_Battle

Not a ton of might, but I'm low on power without it anyway.
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. ~ Faramir

Undo the U12 class changes. The trait trees were, are, and will always be a bad idea.
    Maedhric 100 Captain, Nunion 93 Champion, Taraviel 85 Minstrel, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by bibby042 View Post
    Eldar's Grace is supposed to override Fervour, though it might be broken again.
    good to know, TY!

Man > elves

Why

Better inc heal +5% is always +5%
    Sword bonus +2% (equal)

Male elves looks so *gay*.1

1. Disclaimer, ofc there are peeps liking this to and thats fine with me
    Last edited by CaptainSweden; Jun 19 2012 at 03:40 AM. Reason: Editing is fun
    [SIZE="3"]-¤-¤-¤- Errare humanum est, ignoscere divinum est -¤-¤-¤-[/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2221900000007ec6d/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

men champs look better than elvish champs. My champ looks a skinny fool, but i lubs him anyway
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0100002e1bb7/signature.png]Cokaine[/charsig]

AW: Man or elf?champion

I actually have both, a Man Champ and an Elve Champ ... I just can't get myself around to playing a dorf. Would love to see Hobbit Champs, though - that'd be hilarious ^^

Re: AW: Man or elf?champion

I actually have both, a Man Champ and an Elve Champ ... I just can't get myself around to playing a dorf. Would love to see Hobbit Champs, though - that'd be hilarious ^^
    Look, that great sword wields a hobbit, duck and cover!

Dwarves are awesome. In fact, I may just dust off my lowly lvl7 Dwarf Champ and give him a go.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0c2140100000b9311/signature.png]Mavirthael[/charsig]

6 Chestnut Street, Branway, Breeland, Crickhollow

My new champ is an elf. I think the attack animations look better than man or dwarf. Also the racial stealth skill could be useful in certain areas.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a000000302578/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]