We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Low toon Needs Superior Library

I have a level 17 hunter who has hit the point with scholar that she cannot progress any further until she completes the quest

Crafting: A Superior Library

I have zero idea how to get such a lowbie to Rivendell. ok I don't know how to get there at all.

Any suggestions?

Re: Low toon Needs Superior Library

Get a Hunter to port/guide you there, then bind Rivendell as your " return to home" place.
    You can buy more "return to" skills at the LOTRO store.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoz View Post
    Get a Hunter to port/guide you there, then bind Rivendell as your " return to home" place.
    You can buy more "return to" skills at the LOTRO store.
    TY now to find a hunter to help out.

EDIT: Got it done and thanks again
    Last edited by Mirarian; Jun 17 2012 at 11:27 AM.

You have a few options:

1) Join a fellowship with a high level hunter and have them use Guide to Rivendell.

2) You should have a Writ of Special Passage: 1 Hour from one of your gift boxes. Use this item and then you can take the travel horse from South Bree to Rivendell.

3) Ride to Rivendell on a mount. If you don't have a mount, you should have a Wrapped Horse Whistle from one of your gift boxes that you can use.

4) Run on foot with Find the Path active.

2 & 3 assume you haven't used these items yet.

If you choose 3 or 4, follow the road and dodge mobs as best you can, move as fast as you can, and never stop.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c0000002652a2/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

There's also a Superior Library in the Mathom House in Michel Delving. If you have higher-level toons, you can farm Mathom Society rep items (or buy them on the AH or in skirmish camps) to get kindred with the Mathom house. Then you'll have your superior library without ever going near Rivendell.

(Though if there's an intro to higher-level scholar quests based in Rivendell then that doesn't really help you...)
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

At 17, I know I've made the "death run" to Rivendell...do not stop at all...just keep running. But it's tricky if you've never been there before. If you are on Brandywine or Arkenstone, let me know. I have higher level hunters on both of those servers, and I will port you there.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000004212f6/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Once you have managed to get to Rivendell
    Dont forget to ID the stables as well. There are a few Swift Travel points to Rivendell once you have the stable tagged

Also the Mathom House in Michel Delving has a Superior Study. You can access this as soon as you hit Acquantance with the Mathoms

You DO NOT need to be Kindred with ANY Rep Faction to use their facilities

If you decide to make use of the Scholar Guild, then you may need to bind a milestone at Rivendell, as that is where the Scholars Guild is.
    There is also one at Galtrev, but you are obviously not high level enough to go there
    HAF-X | ROG Crosshair V Formula Z | AMD FX 9370 4.4Ghz Black | 32Gb RAM | R9 290 4Gb (x2) | LG BD-RE | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO 550/540 SSD | Win10 Pro | WEI - 8.5

My apologies; you're correct, only Acquaintance is necessary for the Mathom House study.
    Galadhloth, Hunter 100, Glirithil, Mini 100, Calanor, LM 100, plus lots and lots of alts
    Watchers of Elendil ~ Landroval ~ Crickhollow ~ Tarciryan Knights
    ~~~~ Imladris in the Forgotten West ~~~~

I remember that death run, made the same trip seeking the library when I was lvl 15. Really gave me a sense of what it must have been like for those poor hobbits. It was while running for my life that I discovered the mountain slide that launches you into the air a hundred meters over the Ford of Bruinen. Good times.
    [I][FONT=Verdana]"[B]The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.[/B]"[/FONT][/I] [SIZE=1]~ Bedouin Proverb[/SIZE]

A kind level 34 hunter helped me get there. I bound my milestone to Rivendell and simply bought another for TP to use while questing.

I never even thought about that writ of special passage. It is still sitting in my bank :P

Yeppers I am still a noob.

About the Writ of Special Passage mentioned first by CrimsonGrog:

This will not work for the first trip. Writ of Special Passage does not open stable master that you have yet to find, only lift any restrictions (money, level, deeds etc) on the routes your character has already found.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadd_EU View Post
    About the Writ of Special Passage mentioned first by CrimsonGrog:

This will not work for the first trip. Writ of Special Passage does not open stable master that you have yet to find, only lift any restrictions (money, level, deeds etc) on the routes your character has already found.
    ty that makes me feel a whole lot less silly for not thinking of it