We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Kinship help

Angry Kinship help

I am lvl 53 lore master, getting frustrated as I have mostly soloed to get here. But now seems I need to have fellowships for almost everything. I have been asked to join 2 or 3 kinships, but nothing happens. I can travel to the house, but not access any of the chests. I joined one at a low level and was in it for 40 lvls, and it was like I was just soloing. Perhaps I need to start something with those in the kinship?
    IF I can find a good kinship, what can I expect? I need help to keep playing, some of my lvl 50 solo quests are impossible solo, (what is up with that?) I would like to help others out as well, but never get asked. I have like 50 gold, not sure what to do with it. I have tons of gear drops I cannot use, so just sell it since I cannot get into the house chests.
    Maybe I just don't understand kinships, I have looked online and found some that have regular raids and things. That sounds interesting.

Re: Kinship help

Quote Originally Posted by edjoemat View Post
    I am lvl 53 lore master, getting frustrated as I have mostly soloed to get here. But now seems I need to have fellowships for almost everything. I have been asked to join 2 or 3 kinships, but nothing happens. I can travel to the house, but not access any of the chests. I joined one at a low level and was in it for 40 lvls, and it was like I was just soloing. Perhaps I need to start something with those in the kinship?
    IF I can find a good kinship, what can I expect? I need help to keep playing, some of my lvl 50 solo quests are impossible solo, (what is up with that?) I would like to help others out as well, but never get asked. I have like 50 gold, not sure what to do with it. I have tons of gear drops I cannot use, so just sell it since I cannot get into the house chests.
    Maybe I just don't understand kinships, I have looked online and found some that have regular raids and things. That sounds interesting.
    How have you been asked to join the kinship? Some random stranger sends you an invite? Because those are the kinships that you want to avoid like the plague.

Instead of being asked to join a kinship, look for a kinship. Do your homework and find out which kinships are the older and more active kinships on your server, and see which of those would be the best fit for what you want from a kinship.

Smile Re: Kinship help

Quote Originally Posted by kmcferrin View Post
    How have you been asked to join the kinship? Some random stranger sends you an invite? Because those are the kinships that you want to avoid like the plague.

Instead of being asked to join a kinship, look for a kinship. Do your homework and find out which kinships are the older and more active kinships on your server, and see which of those would be the best fit for what you want from a kinship.
    Yes, I always was just asked blindly, and they have not worked out at all. I will try your approach. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by edjoemat View Post
    I agree with the guy above saying that you should do your homework and look up the best kins on this server, but if you really need some help i can suggest a few. A kin i used to be with on my main is called Saurans Minions, and i would recommend them to anyone. Their leader is Spartanskeeper, ive known him for a very long time and hes a great guy/kinsman/leader. If your alittle older than most people in the game are (around 20 yrs or so) i can also suggest a mature kin called Hope is Kindled, I have a few friends in there who are really great people. There are more kins you can look at joining once you get to lvl 75 or close to there but Saurans Minions and Hope is Kindled are two very good kins.

I would suggest my own, but that looks self-serving. I also have a good understanding of Riders of Rohan, and Sauran's Minions.

Most of the kins will have a website you can visit with good info.

I wouldn't let a new recruit into my kin chests either. you'll have to earn the trust that you wont just take stuff and leave. because that would be a horrible decision. don't be expecting immediate kinship chest access and that is a sign of a good kin because they are protective of their goodies which means they work at getting the goodies to put in there

Thanks to all, I have done some homework and joined Hope is Kindled yesterday. I filled out an application on their website and as soon as I logged on to the game later that day, somone saw me and asked me if I would like an invite. I had several ppl welcome me in right after I joined. Never had that happen before.
    I am older at 59 and so I think I will fit better into their more mature bent. So "hope is rekindled" in me as I go on to learn what a kin can do for me and what I can do for a kin.
    Thanks again for all the good advice to a stranger, and fellow lover of LOTR.