We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Craftable Crafting stations for Houses.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to do this. I'm not all that good with forums. Oh, well. Here goes.

I have been thinking of how easy it would be if players could craft crafting stations like a workbench or a forge for their houses. Like turning your house into basically a blacksmith shop with a forge or just a part of the house into a blacksmith shop for example.

You could make Woodworkers able to craft a workbench for their houses at expert of higher from a recipe that they buy from the LOTRO Store.

You could also make like the Metalsmiths able to forge a forge or ovan or both or some other craft able to make them.

It would be interesting for the RPers of LOTRO. They could turn their houses into workshops.
    I would be quite interested to see how people use these items in their houses if you take this idea and run with it.

I personally would love to have a workbench in my house when I get a house.

Oh ya and you could make it so that only the owner of the house or those who the own has given permission to can use the crafting station items in the own's house.

Re: Craftable Crafting stations for Houses.

This has been suggested many times, and has been shot down because Turbine wants to keep people going to towns, and crafting is a big reason people go to towns. If everyone was locked away in their houses to craft instead of in the towns, the towns would be empty, the game would appear to be a lot emptier than it actually is, and new people would quit.

I don't actually agree with this, but I can see where they're coming from on that.
    [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/tindragon/Base.png[/IMG]
    Steam: Sneakeh Snake[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by TinDragon View Post
    This has been suggested many times, and has been shot down because Turbine wants to keep people going to towns, and crafting is a big reason people go to towns. If everyone was locked away in their houses to craft instead of in the towns, the towns would be empty, the game would appear to be a lot emptier than it actually is, and new people would quit.

I don't actually agree with this, but I can see where they're coming from on that.
    i don't agree with it either, and i'm certainly not happy every time i have to go to town just to craft, actually i stopped crafting for the most part and just sell the gathered mats, crafted items don't sell anyway so i don't bother with it anymore, and it's just preposterous that there are people claiming that crafting in houses caused the failure of games, they obviously had never played World of Warcraft!!!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Hundor View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right way to do this. I'm not all that good with forums. Oh, well. Here goes.

I have been thinking of how easy it would be if players could craft crafting stations like a workbench or a forge for their houses. Like turning your house into basically a blacksmith shop with a forge or just a part of the house into a blacksmith shop for example.

You could make Woodworkers able to craft a workbench for their houses at expert of higher from a recipe that they buy from the LOTRO Store.

You could also make like the Metalsmiths able to forge a forge or ovan or both or some other craft able to make them.

It would be interesting for the RPers of LOTRO. They could turn their houses into workshops.
    I would be quite interested to see how people use these items in their houses if you take this idea and run with it.

Oh ya and you could make it so that only the owner of the house or those who the own has given permission to can use the crafting station items in the own's house.
    I agree and, would further add functioning scholar's studies decorations and functional bookshelves/display cases. Also -any faux resource spaces within any of the homesteads (such as: the three farmer's fields in the Shire Homesteads) would be made functional. Perhaps one for each novice, expert, superior?... And/or providing a functioning farmer's field yard decoration for farmer's to include on either their personal/kinship properties. Something similar for various "ore veins", throughout the various homestead landscapes.

An alternative to that to consider is making a select series of resources available to each homestead landscape type. Say for instance -Bree-land Homesteads could have random forester/prospector/landscape cook spawn locations while, the Shire Homesteads could have functional farms, landscape cook spawn locations and 2x catches per cast when fishing. Thorin's Hall could have something like -random ore deposit/chest/scholar box spawn locations while, the Falathlorn Homesteads would have forester's/scholar's box/2x catches per cast when fishing. Maybe limit the amount of times a resident can harvest a random landscape resource spawn location per day and extend that limit further for non-residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hundor View Post

Actually i think that all existing furniture (crated bought or bartered) of a valid appearance should be turned into crafting stations. This will resolve the issue of the crafting stations, crashing bad with the rest of the furniture & houses styles:

• bookshelves should be turned into studios
    • large furniture tables into workbenches
    • furnaces into forges
    • firepits into cooking stations
    • flower & vegetable patches into farmlands

I just bought a forge and workbench for our kinhouse from the lotro store. I am not sure if it is only usable for the account or anyone in the neighborhood since it is outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibelen View Post
    I just bought a forge and workbench for our kinhouse from the lotro store. I am not sure if it is only usable for the account or anyone in the neighbourhood since it is outside.
    Further to Ibelen's question on whether the new stations work for Kinhouses, does anyone know if the Workbench works for farmers? The text describing the Workbench in the Store deliberately doesn't mention farmers. QUOTE FROM STORE: "This workbench can be placed in a Large Yard or Large Furniture hook to allow you to perform Forester, Tailor, Woodworker, or Jeweller crafting at your house."

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Yeah, it works for Farmers.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Yeah, it works for Farmers.
    LEGEND - thanks for the quick response Boraxxe