We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

(Imladris server) All fun, no drama, & family-friendly!

If you want the fun & benefits of group play without the drama and inappropriateness that sometimes comes with it, then you may be looking for the Defenders of Serenity. We're an active, laid-back group that enjoys running quests, skirms, and instances together, as well as crafting, chatting, and helping one another level.

Our Values
    We're intentional about what defines us so that our kin maintains its identity. It really boils down to three core values:

1) No Drama Allowed
    Seriously, the internet is full of places where people can be narcissistic and make it all about them to the exclusion of other peoples' enjoyment. We don't believe LOTRO should be one of those places! We're here to enjoy the game and do it together, so basic maturity is a must (maturity in attitude, not necessarily age). We don't whine about other players, trash other kins, or make nuisances of ourselves in-game.

2) Family-friendly
    We joke, laugh, and have a good time, but kin chat is always kept clean. Some kin members are family in real life, and we want the game to be a positive environment for everyone in our kin. Again, there are plenty of places on the internet to access "adult" material; we believe this game shouldn't be one of them.

3) Fun & Helpful Tone
    Middle Earth is a fantastic place and LOTRO is a wonderful way to explore it. So we think playing this game should be a relaxing and enjoyable experience. We help each other out and are happy to advise and assist new players, but we also respect one another's time. No one is pressured to participate in a given activity, but everyone is welcome.

Stats & Vitals
    Defenders of Serenity is a Lifespan Rank 7 kin as of this writing (edit: now rank 9!), with a kin house. We also maintain a web site complete with an application for membership, more info about who we are, and a photo gallery capturing some of our recent escapades and adventures! Feel free to check us out at our kin web site

We have a core of active players & do tons of group content together, and we'd like to expand that group! So we're currently recruiting players of all classes, races, and levels who feel that our values are a good fit for them. We don't care if you're VIP, Premium, or F2P.

Join The Fun
    I play LOTRO with my teenage daughter, and we were looking for a group to join that we felt comfortable with. We met the kin leaders in-game, and signed on as "charter members" of the kin - and we've never looked back! Since then the core group has expanded to include some fantastic kinmates, and we're excited to bring a few more into the family.

If you're interested in who we are and want more information, please visit the web site, or send an in-game mail/message to one of the officers listed below, or post up here and we'll be happy to respond.

Thanks, and enjoy the game!

Officers
    Morragwen (Leader)
    Brevothin
    Sorrenbor
    Nattaniel
    Davco
    Faebrereth
    Last edited by Troutdude; Jan 07 2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: new kin web address

Sounds like a nice kinship. What timezone/country are most of you at?

Hi GreenDragon,

We're mostly (actually all, I think) USA players, mostly from the Central and Pacific time zones (some Eastern too). We have a few players on just about every weeknight between 5pm and 10pm Pacific (7pm - midnight central). We also tend to have higher participation levels on Friday and Saturday evenings, and some on Sunday evenings too.

Let me know if I can provide any further info!

Recently we've had a couple different players apply for membership to our kin through our web site, but we don't see their characters listed in the game so we haven't been able to contact them. If you're one of the those players, please
    • make sure you're on the Imladris server (or come join us there!), and
    • double-check that your character name was spelled correctly on the application.
    • And/or post a reply to this thread or message/mail one of the officers listed above in the game
    We respond promptly to requests for information, so let us know how to contact you and we'll be in touch.

Thanks, and happy hunting!

I've been with Defenders of Serenity for a couple of months now, and it really IS everything Sorrenbor mentioned above: a great group of friendly and skilled players who like to laugh and have a good time, while keeping the attitudes in check. If you're looking for a place to call home on the Imladris server, please come and join us...you'll be glad that you did!

Hi

I like the sound of your kin. Am in the process of starting characters on Imladris. I am VERY new to this game, though I have played World of Warcraft for several years now. I am in the Eastern time zone (United States). I play as Rea Life allows. So, I need a kin that won't kick me if I don't play for a while. Do you folks use ventrilo? Your kin sounds exactly what I am looking for!

Characters: Rua (Hobbit hunter), Anisa (Hobbit burglar). and probably a Dwarf minstrel and Elf loremaster
    Last edited by Tegwyn; Jul 02 2012 at 05:02 AM. Reason: added to it

Quote Originally Posted by Tegwyn View Post
    Hi

I like the sound of your kin. Am in the process of starting characters on Imladris. I am VERY new to this game, though I have played World of Warcraft for several years now. I am in the Eastern time zone (United States). I play as Rea Life allows. So, I need a kin that won't kick me if I don't play for a while. Do you folks use ventrilo? Your kin sounds exactly what I am looking for!

Characters: Rua (Hobbit hunter), Anisa (Hobbit burglar). and probably a Dwarf minstrel and Elf loremaster
    Hi Tegwyn,

Sounds like you'd fit right in! This is the only MMO I've played, but we have several former WoW players in the kin, and I think you'll pick up the LOTRO nuances quickly. And we'd be happy to help in any way we can! I'll look for your hunter and burg in the game. Feel free to ping me on any of my 3 charcters (Sorrenbor, Xorthelion, Pukk) or our kin leader Morragwen/Arrawyn. We'll talk soon!

Oh, and no Ventrilo as yet; we use the built-in voice capabilities for group activities for the time being
    Last edited by Troutdude; Jul 02 2012 at 10:51 AM.

This sounds like the right kin for me. I have sent an application to your gp website. Have several different toons that i play. Minstral ILthirieL 37 guard TorLiforin 34 etc. are my 2 highest. Hope to see you in game soon. I am still learning this game and haven't done any of the fellowship quests or skirmishes, just solo things. (not to fond of grouping with people that i don't at least know somewhat, and can take a newbie in that may make mistakes.)

Quote Originally Posted by chagryn View Post
    This sounds like the right kin for me. I have sent an application to your gp website. Have several different toons that i play. Minstral ILthirieL 37 guard TorLiforin 34 etc. are my 2 highest. Hope to see you in game soon. I am still learning this game and haven't done any of the fellowship quests or skirmishes, just solo things. (not to fond of grouping with people that i don't at least know somewhat, and can take a newbie in that may make mistakes.)
    Welcome chagryn! It will be great to have you in the kin. Our kin leader Morragwyn gets the web applications, so she'll be in touch soon. You can also add my two main character to your in-game friends list (Sorrenbor and Xorthelion) and message me there - I'll keep an eye out for you.

I know exactly what you mean regarding group runs: doing them with friends and acquaintences is so much better. I've done some really good pick-up groups, and some not so good ones. But with kinmates we not only talk and enjoy it more, but we learn one another's play styles and work better as a team. Solo play is very fun, but this game really comes alive with group content! And you characters are just getting to the levels where it gets really interesting. I look forward to having you on the team!

We are still recruiting players of all levels and classes. Our kin is most active between 7-12 pm central time during the week and various times throughout the day during the weekends. We do have characters of all levels and many of us are altaholics. Please visit our kin website at www.defendersofserenity.guildportal.com to see if we may be the kin for you.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000008b84f/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

This sounds like a great kin.

Like others in the thread, I´m also very new to this game - and so far I´ve been soloing everything, mostly because i developed an allergy to pugs during my WoW days. I´ve liked doing instances and group quests in other games (haven´t done any of the LOTRO ones yet) but I prefer doing them with people who work together as a team, but not take the game so seriously they forget to have fun along the way.

I usually play healers or support roles, level up very slowly because I have at least 4 or 5 characters I´m playing at a time, and spend a lot of time messing about with crafting profesions for no good reason except that I enjoy it. Currently my highest level characters are my lore master Maileth at 33, and Minstrel Necha at 36.

I managed to end up on a US server mostly by accident, so I´m not in the same time zone as most of you - on the other hand I´m an insomniac who works strange hours, so that probably evens it out.

Oh, and English isn´t my first language, but I don´t think you´d have any problems understanding me - I don´t even have much of an accent anymore.

Well, if English is a second language you must be a poet or orator in your first language, because your English is excellent!

We'd be happy to have you in our kin. Our philosophy is to be rigid on the core principles, but flexible on everything else; meaning any play style fits in just fine.

I hear you on the ups and downs of PUGs. I just ran a PUG last night on an instance that the kin has conquered successfully several times. The PUG went... not so well. At least everyone was kind, but it made me appreciate the people in this kin that much more. Group content in LOTRO is really a blast, and your characters are getting near the level where you get some cool instances in Annuminas and other places (around level 40).

We have quite a few players who are new to the server or new to LOTRO, and they're running characters at all levels right now. So you shouldn't have much of a problem finding help when needed. Our experienced players are happy to advise and to come help in sticky spots.

Our officers should be on tonight (Thursday) - look for Morragwen/Arrawyn, Sorrenbor, or Davco. We'll look for you as well to talk more if needed or to send you a kin invite if you'd like to join in the party!

Quote Originally Posted by Mailwen View Post
    This sounds like a great kin.

Like others in the thread, I´m also very new to this game - and so far I´ve been soloing everything, mostly because i developed an allergy to pugs during my WoW days. I´ve liked doing instances and group quests in other games (haven´t done any of the LOTRO ones yet) but I prefer doing them with people who work together as a team, but not take the game so seriously they forget to have fun along the way.

I usually play healers or support roles, level up very slowly because I have at least 4 or 5 characters I´m playing at a time, and spend a lot of time messing about with crafting profesions for no good reason except that I enjoy it. Currently my highest level characters are my lore master Maileth at 33, and Minstrel Necha at 36.

I managed to end up on a US server mostly by accident, so I´m not in the same time zone as most of you - on the other hand I´m an insomniac who works strange hours, so that probably evens it out.

Oh, and English isn´t my first language, but I don´t think you´d have any problems understanding me - I don´t even have much of an accent anymore.

hey i would love to join you guys

Quote Originally Posted by mastodon721 View Post
    hey i would love to join you guys
    Sounds great mastodon! You can either complete an application on the kin web site, or direct-message ("tell") one of our officers in the game. To save you the trouble of scrolling back up, the officers are:

Morragwyn / Arrawyn
    Davco
    Sorrenbor
    Valdrid

Defenders of Serenity, Imladris kinship

I just thought I would check back in. I did join this kinship and it really is just what they say. It is a fun, no drama, growing kinship with many helpful people. It was worth joining just for the advice alone! I am having a great time while getting to know some new people. What could be better?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000011ae04/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Tegwyn View Post
    I just thought I would check back in. I did join this kinship and it really is just what they say. It is a fun, no drama, growing kinship with many helpful people. It was worth joining just for the advice alone! I am having a great time while getting to know some new people. What could be better?
    And because of Coriannah, we not only have another fantastic kinmate but we also now use Ventrilo! It's a really nice upgrade over the in-game voice capability. Thanks for generously bringing that feature to our kin Cori!!!

It has been great to see this kin growing the right way: by adding members who share our values and desired playing experience. If a casual (no strict playtime requirements - real life matters!), fun, cooperative, and family-friendly kin is what you're after, then let us know!

We are also currently forming a loose alliance with another great kin on our server that should open up more group and even raid-level run options to both kins, especially on weekends. Good stuff in the works!

It's been a couple months since our last post, so a quick update or two.

First off, we're now rank 9!

Our kin continues to grow in a steady, measured fashion, adding new members who are a good fit for our values and vision. We've spent the last couple months incorporating our newer members, including a successful merger with a small kin on our server. We have several members who are new to LOTRO (and we're always happy help new players!) and experienced players who are running characters at all levels.

Finally, an updated officer list. If you'd like to join a social, helpful, laid-back, NO-DRAMA kinship with clean chat, helpful players, and grouping options, contact any of the officers below:

Morragwen/Arrawyn
    Sorrenbor/Xorthelion
    Davco/Jamille
    Nattaniel
    Faebrereth

Two exciting enhancements to our kin (in addition to some cool new members!):

First, we now have a new web address. The OP in this thread has been updated.

Secondly, we also have a dedicated Ventrilo server for our kin! This is a major upgrade over the in-game voice chat function, and makes group runs and social events much easier.

Post up here or PM myself or another officer in-game to see if we may be the right kin for you.

Happy hunting!

We are now rank 10 and have a great group of active players and regular scheduled events. We are always looking for new members who fit in with our philosophy of keeping it casual and family friendly. Check out our kinsite to see if we may be the kin for you! www.defendersofserenity.guildlaunch.com
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21500000008b84f/01006/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Thumbs up Looks good

Hi I really like the looks of this kinship. I haven't played Lord~Online for a few years and I was hoping to find a good kin on my old server to help me get back in the game a bit. How would I go about joining this kin?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0e21501000013f79e/signature.png]Bloodweb[/charsig]
    Lotro-girls out there, Keep it classy, Make a wargiedog.

Just go onto our kinsite at www.defendersofserenity.guildlaunch.com and fill out the application where you can get in touch with an officer and work out a time for a kin invite in game. You can also look for Sorrenbor, Morragwen, Svanhildr, or Nattaniel online in the game. Hope to see you soon.