We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Google-based interactive map not working

I noticed yesterday that the interactive map has stopped working for me.

It only shows the initial image and the full zoomed out area, but if you try to zoom in, pan or change terrain/parchment mode all I obtain is "no data available" images...

I cleared cache, cookies and tried 3 different browsers (Firefox, IE and Chrome). Same result for each one.

It happens both for the home page widget and the main map page at http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Special:Interactivemap

Other google based real world maps continue to work as usual, instead.

Before reporting the bug, can someone else please confirm this behavior?

Re: Google-based interactive map not working

confirmed in several occasions

Question Still there

this is still an issue ... using firefox 13.0.1

It has been non-functional for a few weeks now. Zooming in gives blank result and "no data available"

Turbine stopped updating this map back in 2011 before Rise of Isengard launched. At the time Turbine stated that a new interactive map would be deployed at some time in the future. It sounded Turbine was dropping or greatly reducing support for the web features because a entire new web service is being developed. There has been no indication as to if or when we are going to get the new functionality.

Hopefully it will be part of the run up to the launch of the Riders of Rohan expansion. Or soon after the launch depending how work is going.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Turbine stopped updating this map back in 2011 before Rise of Isengard launched. At the time Turbine stated that a new interactive map would be deployed at some time in the future. It sounded Turbine was dropping or greatly reducing support for the web features because a entire new web service is being developed. There has been no indication as to if or when we are going to get the new functionality.

Hopefully it will be part of the run up to the launch of the Riders of Rohan expansion. Or soon after the launch depending how work is going.
    Bumping.... Where is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sabian49 View Post
    Bumping.... Where is this?
    Turbine took this map and most of the other web features off line in middle of 2013. At the same time the interactive map went away, Turbine shut down the leadership boards, blogs, kinship pages, characters pages, activity log, item database and quest database.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

You can try the Terrain Map plugin which provides similar functionality in game.
    http://www.lotrointerface.com/downlo...errainMap.html

When asked, Turbine declined to allow me permission to host a web-based Google style map.

This map is still working:

http://dynmap.ruslotro.com/
    Whoever says “I” creates the “you.” Such is the trap of every conscience. The “I” signifies both solitude and rejection of solitude. Words name things and then replace them. Whoever says tomorrow, denies it. Tomorrow exists only for him who does not seek it. And yesterday? Yesterday is Kolvillàg: a name to forget, a word already forgotten.

The Oath: A Novel by Elie Wiesel