We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Smile Lore-Master staffs

Hey, guys, i've been wanting to get a cool new staff but is there a certain level or what?

Re: Lore-Master staffs

Going to need some definitions here.

What level are you?

Define "cool". There is no real cold based damage apart from Gust of Wind.

Sorry for the confusion over cool, English is my first language:-)

Assuming you are low(ish) level a new crafted staff becomes available about every 2 or 3 levels if you have access to crafted stuff on demand, if not the AH might offer some choices, some open world drops can be viable for a bit and there are some quest rewards. You can go for the Legendary one at about L45 or a bit higher and from then on, despite their being non LI crafted gear recipes you will not be interested in them. Third age legendaries pop up as random loot from humanoids from L51 onwards, I have seen most levels appear. Second age ones are a lot better and may, or may not occur as random world drops. Eventually you will want crafted ones.

Don't forget the books.

HTH

At earlier levels, the best staves you get are those from quest rewards.....as you get higher levelled though, woodworkers can make some really nice staves for you.....compare stats from quest rewards and crafted ones and see whats best..... There will be mob drops, barter rewards, quest rewards, crafted, skirmish bartered.....various sources which will give staves.....

At level 45, you can go do the quest for getting Legendary Items....this will give you your first customizable (utility wise, not visually) staff.....you can add damage types to them, add stat relics, skill enhancing legacies....etc etc.....but thats a long way still

Keep levelling and more and more options will be available to you

Quote Originally Posted by Porian View Post
    Hey, guys, i've been wanting to get a cool new staff but is there a certain level or what?
    yep.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mithithil View Post
    Going to need some definitions here.

What level are you?

Define "cool". There is no real cold based damage apart from Gust of Wind.

Sorry for the confusion over cool, English is my first language:-)

Don't forget the books.

HTH
    I'm only level 14 (I know it's not that high).

I meant "cool" as in a crafted one with weird end.

P.S How do the books work?

Unhappy

I have Orlyger's staff, the icon has a cool end but in-game it is a regular staff with metal ends.

The books pre legendary item acquisition are class item slot devices that reduce the power cost of certain skills by a (smallish) amount. Its a long time since I used them but they are a nature book which reduces the power cost of signs of the wild; a lore books which reduces the power cost of lore skills and a Dunedain book which reduces the cost of signs of power. You are not going to remember to hot swap them after meaning so to do so pick the one that you will gain most benefit from using and stick to it. You wioll probably gain most benefit form skills you cast the most in combat-those with the shortest cooldown so SoP Command and SoP Righteousness may be the answer and thats the Dunedain book. They start being available at L20 and I think the upgrade levels are L30 and L40, the better ones are Scholar crafted items.

Smile

Thanks, I hope it will help. Anything else?
    Last edited by Porian; Jun 15 2012 at 05:37 PM.

Hahahaha I know how it feels, I've thought the very same thing in my earlier days, getting excited for the cool icon and finding out my staffs were all wood sticks :P
    Around lvl 25 crafted staffs start getting better and I'm quite sure the staff you'll get with garth agarwen tokens around 30 is a nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Lapislazzuli View Post
    Hahahaha I know how it feels, I've thought the very same thing in my earlier days, getting excited for the cool icon and finding out my staffs were all wood sticks :P
    Around lvl 25 crafted staffs start getting better and I'm quite sure the staff you'll get with garth agarwen tokens around 30 is a nice one
    you're thinking of the Staff of the Eglan-sage. takes 5 eglain tokens and you can get it at level 32.

it was a nice staff. i used it for a few levels before crafting a new one.

Yeah the Staff of the Eglain Sage is amazing....probably the best looking staff in the game imo.....fully wooden with a big emerald embedded at the top and gives out small flames at certain intervals

6 Waterbank Road, Menellant, Falathlorn, Meneldor

and remember, just because it may be higher level, doesnt mean it is better for you. make sure you look at the added stats, damage types (most any are better than common - beleriand, dwarven, fire, etc), AFTER dps rating.
    so a staff that adds 10 Will but is common damage type w/30 dps is better than one that simply has 35 dps, even though the 35 might be a few level higher minimum level requirement. (alot of your skills do NOT depend upon dps of your staff, but the extra stats like Will help more of your skills)

as you level you will learn what suits your character. things like this are not hugely important at lvl 14, but later on they will be something to keep in mind.
    [CENTER]Whitestar Rangers : Meneldor : 7
    Four Horse men of the aPUGalypse : Landroval : 6
    And First of All, [B]Badfinn[/B] : Meneldor : One of the Few Remaining Male Weavers.[/CENTER]

Where actual appearance is concerned the best I have seen, and logically its an LI skin as it was in a then end game area, looks like an Imperial Eagle from Napoleonic times. Far too many of the staves available have a very unrealistically large head and are more of a mace with a very long shaft. There is another one with a butterfly which looks reasonable, my previous staff had that and with the Beleriand damage effect had quite a pleasing shimmer.

Other things to look for and consider are staves with +damage to a specific mob type as that can be very helpful in certain circumstances. +damage to orcs or spiders when you are based in Forsaken Inn and Ost Guruth will serve you well if the staff is otherwise decent.

Wink

LOL!!! I know right! Thank you guys for all your help.