We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Awful Server Lag - Devs please fix this

I don't know if only Nimrodel has been experiencing this or not, but lately ever since that last update the server lag for me and all my friends has been just horrible. Almost to the point of it being unplayable.

It even caused my friend to log out in a rage today (he plays a warden and lag+gambits not a good combo). I hope this issue is given some quick attention, else this game is going to start to lose some long-time players.

I can deal with bugs and random crashing... but constant and annoying server lag that gets me killed is where I draw the line.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jun 15 2012 at 01:17 AM.

Re: Awful Server Lag - Devs please fix this

Still a bit lag.

Re: Awful Server Lag - Devs please fix this

Its not the server, its the whole game. There have many, many threads on the subject in General Discussion, most have have either closed or deleted. It started with iirc, U6, but it goes as far back as when RoI launched and the Galtrez lag and the numerous crashes to desktop that many experienced. I bought a new rig for ToR and its overkill for this game, worked great in ToR, TSW beta, and GW2 beta with raid on raid action, no lag whatsoever. This game is almost unplayable now for me. They screwed something up and so far they don't know how to fix it.
    [center][color=red]Now roaming the earth searching for a fun, interesting game.......again.[/color][/center]

[center][URL=http://s545.photobucket.com/user/fenderp61/media/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg.html][IMG]http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/hh367/fenderp61/ESO/Narcosys500_zpsaa2b6fce.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Its not the server, its the whole game. There have many, many threads on the subject in General Discussion, most have have either closed or deleted. It started with iirc, U6, but it goes as far back as when RoI launched and the Galtrez lag and the numerous crashes to desktop that many experienced. I bought a new rig for ToR and its overkill for this game, worked great in ToR, TSW beta, and GW2 beta with raid on raid action, no lag whatsoever. This game is almost unplayable now for me. They screwed something up and so far they don't know how to fix it.
    I see.

Well thanks for shedding some light on it for me Glad. I hope they find a way to fix it, because it's discouraging a lot of my friends from even playing the game. And I'm worried if they don't do something about it soon, it's going to cause a small exodus of players to leave lotro in search of a smoother-running game.

It's especially hard on certain classes too. Like Wardens for example, where server lag can really screw up their gambits and become frustrating.
    Last edited by Jeremi; Jun 27 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladgilrian View Post
    Its not the server, its the whole game. There have many, many threads on the subject in General Discussion, most have have either closed or deleted. It started with iirc, U6, but it goes as far back as when RoI launched and the Galtrez lag and the numerous crashes to desktop that many experienced.
    All that is true, but it's gotten worse in the last week or 2. Way worse. Maybe it's because Nimrodel is much more populated of late than it's been in the past. Either way it needs to be fixed. The server should run the same whether it has one elf logged on or it's full. If population is causing lag there's either too much population allowed per server or not simply not enough server(old, inadequate hardware).

Leveling a Champ

As I am leveling a Champ I am finding that the fervour development is sorely affected by lag. I keep building up the dial and then finally can hit the top skills and more than once the lag has killed me (literally in game). I run and turn and then by the time the lag lets me catch up I am not facing the way I hoped. This can mean lot when you are fighting mobs 2 levels higher. An extra hit or two can make all the difference. I have also been on my main toons in raids and we all wipe at Tr2 because a lag spike works against a key action.