We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Smile Where are all the RPers? :)

Just wondering where they all are. I havent seen many people of this server :<
    I wanna RP with people but i have no friends on this game :'(
    I've RP'd for years and im a big LOTR fan and would love to RP. -looks at LOTR books on shelf-
    Anyone willing? <3

Re: Where are all the RPers? :)

<Oops, I see my post requires some editing, didn't know those two words that looked quite all right to me would be censored >

Hehe, this is funny and ironic. First players troll around "what is this race doing here and what is that race doing there" and then, when corresponding races leave the "inappropriate" area and the place gets empty people start saying "where are all the RPers?"

Don't get me wrong Elenwe_Isil, my reply is not directed at you, it's rather directed at some "lore-police" who seem to have nothing better to do than whine about how lore-breaking it is to see elves or hobbits in Prancing Pony etc nonsense.

As for your original question: try Prancing Pony in Bree, this seems to be main meeting point where people gather and RP. Other places are mainly busy only during the events as it seems.
    Last edited by warderion; Jun 14 2012 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by warderion View Post
    Hehe, this is funny and ironic. First players troll around "what is this race doing here and what is that race doing there" and then, when corresponding races leave the "inappropriate" area and the place gets empty people start saying "where are all the RPers?"

Don't get me wrong Elenwe_Isil, my reply is not directed at you, it's rather directed at some "lore#####s" who seem to have nothing better to do than whine about how lore-breaking it is to see elves or hobbits in Prancing Pony etc ####.

As for your original question: try Prancing Pony in Bree, this seems to be main meeting point where people gather and RP. Other places are mainly busy only during the events as it seems.
    Thanks very much, Waderion!!

I think it depends on what race your playing and where your looking, plus also times of year do have an impact on the number of rpers on at times. Take myself, the schools here have just been on half-term holiday so it was family time with very little rp.

Hobbits: you can always find some rp in the Shire regardless of what race you are. Most night there is music and dancing in Michael Delving, along with a market taking place each fortnight (It was on this week, so the next will be 25th/26th) and there's always the big one each week "Green Dragon Friday". A must for all hobbits and those interested in a grand evening.

Dwarfs: I know Durinn's Folk have their "Ale & tales night" inside the Thorin's hall Tavern this evening, all races are welcome I believe. There is also, I hear a kin that's wanting to create more rp inside Thorin's Hall, but I don't know of any events or such they might have planned so far.

Elves: A great deal of their Rp goes on in Rivendell and it's surrounds. Tonight there is "The Wilderness event" which takes place every two weeks in a different location - send a /t to Nimlith or Miji if interested in attending. On wednesdays there is "Hall of Fire" also in Rivendell.

Man: Now on this race I can say little,but as mentioned the Prancing Pony and Bree seem to be the main area.

Places to check out for ideas on what's going on are the Laurelin Archives - most rper visit it and advertise their wares so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by TwenBumblefoot View Post
    There is also, I hear a kin that's wanting to create more rp inside Thorin's Hall, but I don't know of any events or such they might have planned so far.
    You may mean the company of thorins hall? We currently do not run public events but have plans to do so later.
    Last edited by Vunar; Jun 14 2012 at 11:09 AM.
    [center]"The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
    While hammers fell like ringing bells.
    In places deep, where dark things sleep,
    In hollow halls beneath the fells."[/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Elenwe_Isil View Post
    I havent seen many people of this server :<
    <3
    Since there is almost ALWAYS someone at the Pony during regular hours of the server, I took the liberty to take peek at your profile.

You're from Ontario (I'm from Quebec, hi!), so the big server RP events that TwenBumblefoot kindly mentioned (Hall of fire, wilderness appreciation, hobbit market meet, green dragon, etc etc) will be held around 2-5pm EDT (east coast summer time), which is evening time for other Laurelin RPers since they are predominantly Europeans. Nonetheless, they can be quite fun.

There are also some RP events sporadically held in north-americain (NA) evening such as my very own Hobbity Hospitality, or if you ever decide to organize a NA time RP event I'm sure the turnout would be decent :P
    [b]Razo Mossyfoot[/b], Swine herder of Willowbottom, in The Marish of East-Farthing.
    Treasurer of Bacon, Ham and other Cured Goods of the [b][url=http://theironaxes.shivtr.com/]The Iron Axes[/url][/b] of the server Laurelin.

Razo! Hiya, it was great to see you at the First Ting of the Free People.

And of course I recommend that you look up the Iron Axes ( not you Razo your already there ) for more rp information during your on-line time.

*hopes she said that correctly, and wanders off in search of ore*

The server wide events advertised on the forums here are a great way to meet people.
    Khalis - A Captain of Imladris and Maethor of House Vanimar

Like the poetry competition that The People of the Shire are hosting on the 7th of July at the Methil Stage area in Bywater- the Shire.

Your welcome to take part just let me know if ye want to be included.