We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

How is the Server's Population?

Been looking for a home to stick with, and trying to find a server that is populated and busy. Hopefully Dwarrowdelf might be the place!

What I am looking for:

1: A decent sized population. Active, friendly players, a good economy and viable AH, and a decent amount of folks who like groups. While I might have some odd play hours (usually afternoons EST and later nights EST), and thus don't expect to see booming populations all the time, not being in a ghost town is nice too.

2: A PvP aspect to the server that does it for fun, not taking itself so seriously that each "side" spends too much time in GLFF insulting each other.

3: A mix of social, raid, and RP types. A little of everything is always nice. I tend to be a more casual gamer as far as both raids and RP go, but enjoy doing both.

Does any of that sound like what the server has to offer? Especially population, hearing crickets all the time in Bree gets old. <grins>

Re: How is the Server's Population?

Quote Originally Posted by DocEldritch View Post
    Been looking for a home to stick with, and trying to find a server that is populated and busy. Hopefully Dwarrowdelf might be the place!

What I am looking for:

1: A decent sized population. Active, friendly players, a good economy and viable AH, and a decent amount of folks who like groups. While I might have some odd play hours (usually afternoons EST and later nights EST), and thus don't expect to see booming populations all the time, not being in a ghost town is nice too.

2: A PvP aspect to the server that does it for fun, not taking itself so seriously that each "side" spends too much time in GLFF insulting each other.

3: A mix of social, raid, and RP types. A little of everything is always nice. I tend to be a more casual gamer as far as both raids and RP go, but enjoy doing both.

Does any of that sound like what the server has to offer? Especially population, hearing crickets all the time in Bree gets old. <grins>
    I know what you need. you need an outfit.
    Of a certain hue..
    [center][color=cyan]Fellowship Hadacar: I now have a mental image of a little pea with a NE Patriot's logo painted on it.[/color][/center]
    [center][img]http://bit.ly/1Oq7Mgg[/img][/center]
    [center]From Dwarrowdelf to Arkenstone | [color=red]Asylum | No-QQ[/color][/center]

1) Server population seems to be more end game based, but because of us being default server with the steam launch, we have endless waves of new players pouring in, so Dwarrow has a promising future.

2) Well its everything you do not want it to be, lol. Small fights followed by trolling and crying in glff/the forums.

3) I have not played many other servers, but the raiding seems to good here. Dwarrow has an alright community, though much prefer the community on Landroval as their is very little server events here. You best wear your glasses if you looking for RP here, I dont mind doing casual RP, but its rare to come across another RPer. A majority of the 75's on the server have RP turned on, yet when I try to role play, they usually just laugh, so don't get what the whole deal with that is :/

So yes there is lots of friendly players but a fair amount of trolls as well. (as every server has.) I been playing here since F2P launch, I like it, its an all around server with hardcore pvpers, raiders, as well as casual players.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000069f87/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.
    - Treebeard

1. Dwarrow has an amazing future ahead. We're full "steam" ahead with LotRO on steam now.

2. PvMP is decent, it's getting better nowadays with a lot more creeps joining in the fray and some new freeps to even the numbers out. It's usually solo + small groups for awhile until someone decides to raid up, wipes the other side for awhile and then the other side gears up and its rvr for a bit.

3. You need an outfit as Patp said....

We'll hook you up

Honestly, for the moment, it sounds like what you're looking for is Landroval.

Dwarrowdelf does indeed have a bright future ahead, and I love my friends at end game. But for the moment, it's still a comparatively small server and outside of approx. 3 of us (Bee, Vahnya, and myself off the top of my head), RP does not exist. I still go to Landy every week on my alt to get my RP fix during Ales and Tales.

PVMP is... mixed. It's getting better, and there are certain players on both sides that treat it like the fun time it is. However, there are some particularly vocal idiots, who shall remain nameless, who have habits of switching over and insulting the "other side" in GLFF (or creep OOC) for some perceived slight: corpse jumping, farming rank/audacity, etc.. Our pvp is also sadly warg heavy at the moment, which can get really frustrating.

That being said, roll an alt and a creep and find out for yourself! Join GLFF, but don't expect it to include much LFF-ing - And please be patient with the occasional trolling I do when bored crafting.. There are some great, fun people on the server, and despite the misgivings I mentioned above, I won't be switching servers anytime soon. Also, word of advice: Don't join a kin until you've run at least one instance with a kin member. It'll make your game life much easier.
    [b]Lythiea of Dwarrowdelf[/b], Member of [url=http://dd-asylum.info][b]Asylum[/b][/url] - R8 85 RK
    [b]Alts:[/b] Selenicereus, 85 guard, Castria, 85 cap, Fiordiligi, 82 LM, Minilyth, 75 mini, and Lythfiler, r6 filer.

Quote Originally Posted by dagneyandleo View Post
    and outside of approx. 3 of us (Bee, Vahnya, and myself off the top of my head), RP does not exist. I still go to Landy every week on my alt to get my RP fix during Ales and Tales.
    I have seen many of various levels, but most seem to keep to themselves. I also try to attend Ales and Tales weekly
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d216000000069f87/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I always like going South; somehow, it feels like going downhill.
    - Treebeard

If you're into raids, just know there's basically only 3 groups that are even t2 orthanc ready, the rest are t1 pugs that take 5 hours.
    Herat - Warleader
    Warz - Captain
    He - Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel33g View Post
    If you're into raids, just know there's basically only 3 groups that are even t2 orthanc ready, the rest are t1 pugs that take 5 hours.
    This is sad, but true. On a side note, There are at least 1 if not 2 draig pugs a day which is better than a while ago
    Chocla 95 Minstrel (Fail Ezmoder) ~ Kraurshak R7 Warg (GTA 1v1 Ganker) ~ Qqmoarpls 41 Hunter
    "if i wanted i could go and actually become a lawyer " -belv