We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What are the best traits for one shotting creeps?

Okay hunters...Tired of the OP wargs tearing my backside up in the Ettenmoors. Now, I am ready to trait for one shotting creeps, or taking them close to defeat with one shot...

I haven't traited this way in the past, but am ready to start. I am getting pretty tired of being told that my hunter is OP while being CJ'd and ripped apart by OP wargs, kited by BAs using MT and their evade while constantly interrupting my shots, etc. This thread is aimed at getting hunters to share what they know to help the other hunters take the creeps down post haste!

I know this thread will get a lot of QQ and trolling from creeps who really would like the hunters to be nerfed to the point of not being able to do any damage. But before you creeps start saying how I need to learn to play my class better, take this into consideration; I don't care what the creeps think!!!

Any hunters have any information to share???

AW: What are the best traits for one shotting creeps?

Stealth and wait for greenies. Other than that it will get hard regardless of traitsetup.

Re: What are the best traits for one shotting creeps?

Load up on Red traits, Cudur set, Full BH and HS legacies, anything and everything you can use to stack Damage, crit/dev chance, and dev/crit mag, then pray the stars align for Heart Seeker.

That's about the only way you're going to 1-shot a creep.

Oh, helps if you team up with a Burg so they can Reveal Weakness and Riddle the creep so it'll hold perfectly still for your HS, and you can both be in stealth.

Better yet, bring a Captain for their mark, Sword-Brother + To Arms, Oathies and have the Burg Share The Fun with the Cappy to put him in stealth too.

I've heard praying, knocking on wood, spinning around in a circle 3 times, marking yourself with holy water, putting in the Contra Code, and just beating Ninja Gaiden 1 (NES) helps.

You can still easily one hit creeps. It just takes more work and more positioning + time that PvMP fights rarely have. I can 1 hit most greenies in 5b/2r and I can 1 shot pretty decent creeps in full red. However, that makes us mostly useless if we don't crit and our pen shots/blood arrows fail.

One shotting creeps is only useful in very VERY specific situations and usually only for giggles. Fleetness + Faron is by far my favorite right now, as the spammable pen shot hitting 2-3k is a lot more useful than one big hit.

If you're serious about one single shot, then you're best bet is this.

Go all 8 into red line traiting, sounds silly, but this is for one shot as you said.

be sure you have Heart Seeker %+ damage, Induction Crit Multiplier, and burn hot Damage %+ legacies.

Scrolls, token, 5%+ Damage DP buff.

5 Deep in Red Line Orthanc set, pop burn hot. Swap into 5 draig set, use focus potion, improved focus, and try your luck at a crit. (Helps if you use vagabond Bauble set clicky).

Do realize, this is all for laughs.....At least I hope so.

PS. If you don't kill him in one shot, hit intent concentration and try again
    Last edited by TQDesign; Jun 13 2012 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    Don't kid yourself, u cannot 1 shot creeps, not even rank 0 creeps and wargs usually jump up. There is not easy way to win a good and ranked warg, need lot of skill and burn some cds.

Without audacity armour and some vit/mits, it's more likely that a good and ranked warg will almost 1 shot u.

I recommend going for the precision moors armour (audacity 7 gives -30% Cc duration and the 5 set bonus give another -25% Cc duration). You can get swap the lvl 75 boot with audacity for a boot of a lower level that will reduce another 25% CC duration (at least when running around the map looking for game, that way the 1st and worse warg jump stun will last a lot less and u will be able to react faster).
    Not sure if serious...

I'm not sure if it a reflection of your skill as a hunter or the skill of the wargs on my server, but killing wargs on my server in a 1v1 is not as hard as you say it is. Run five blue, two red, and use the Faron set. By using that I can kill most wargs without even using needful haste.

Wargs hit hard, but they def. cannot one shot... The reason they are overpowered in my eyes is due to their extreme overpopulation...

Quote Originally Posted by Dontdazemebro View Post
    I'm not sure if it a reflection of your skill as a hunter or the skill of the wargs on my server, but killing wargs on my server in a 1v1 is not as hard as you say it is.
    Your wargs play solo?!?! I want in on this!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0b20c000000069736/01005/signature.png]Smugo[/charsig]

The burg/captain/hunter idea makes me seriously want to go try that right now... but that is probably your best bet at legitimately being able to one shot any creep, trait full red, use the cudur set, max out agility at the cost of everything else, burg reveal weakness with cappy oathbreakers, mark, and blade brother, use a focus pot, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, get the heartseeker off in the 5 second window you have after using improved focus... that could be very deadly indeed to anything short of a high ranked warleader with the best of mitigations and full audacity. If nothing more, you would most certainly be able to camp a rez like no other with a burg stealthing the three of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tchad View Post
    Don't kid yourself, u cannot 1 shot creeps, not even rank 0 creeps and wargs usually jump up. There is not easy way to win a good and ranked warg, need lot of skill and burn some cds.

Without audacity armour and some vit/mits, it's more likely that a good and ranked warg will almost 1 shot u.

I recommend going for the precision moors armour (audacity 7 gives -30% Cc duration and the 5 set bonus give another -25% Cc duration). You can get swap the lvl 75 boot with audacity for a boot of a lower level that will reduce another 25% CC duration (at least when running around the map looking for game, that way the 1st and worse warg jump stun will last a lot less and u will be able to react faster).
    Thank you for missing the ENTIRE POINT OF THE OP and giving your 2 cents that no one really cared for.

I'd really love to see some of these people's claims come true and see their OP 14k dev HS with no buffs on. Idk about you, but I don't find it a fair fight in the moors if you're gonna load up on DP buffs, consumables, etc. That being said, you can probably still one shot greenies. Audacity has made it harder, but if you really want to, use cudur set for burn hot and stack red traits. Anything else requires consumables or outside buffs; I wouldn't consider that a true one shot. Naked buff bar while owning = best.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckenbrand View Post
    Thank you for missing the ENTIRE POINT OF THE OP and giving your 2 cents that no one really cared for.

I really missed the joke. Sorry about that, removed my posts so the thread can go back to the original point.

Now, after my initial mistake and back on the thread track...

The best trait to use is a warden. Stay on camouflage while the warden trait lower the warg morale to your HS non-crit base dmg, then use it.

I have heard that it is possible to one shot a creep. In fact, there has been much creep QQ on the forums about hunters giving them the one shot and putting them down hard. I have just never been able to get that high a crit on any creep with excellent armor, traits, bow, etc...

My purpose for one shotting wargs is to take care of those high ranking gankers at the rez circle. We have several that get their ranks by waiting for squishy classes to wander by. They do solo but are usually grouped in pairs or more to do their ezmode killing. The usual routing is to knock you from your horse; stun or cj, and maul etc...I have +7 audacity and they can still take half of my health this way before I can pop a stun pot...Not sure if it is true or not, but I have been informed that the audacity armor does not mitigate damage from wargs using the shadow stance, certain skills, and flayer stance...sure seems like it may be true!

Since Turbine and its illustrious developers have seen fit to make the hunter more squishy than necessary, I am looking for alternative ways to exact pain on creeps...killing creeps is the sole purpose of pvp in the Moors...and that is what I want to do...nothing more and nothing less...

Oh gee, someone did basically what I said you need to do, except he brought THREE BURGS instead of 1 Burg and 1 Captain.

huh.
    Hunter x hit you with INSTA-KILL for 15,000 Fire Damage to Morale. And you guys call us OP?
    in all seriousness. Hunters need a PvP nerf, as they only one-shotters in the game should be npcs.
    (While their at it they need to fix about every other class in game but they wont. as nerfing freeps would mean no more easy kills. and no more easy kills=no more *** hole vip freeps logging on to gank/zerg the super weak creeps and then mock them for their weakness.)

Imho,:

With faron set

5 blues:
    Strong Draw
    Swift Recovery
    Deadly Precision
    Rapid Recovery
    Resolute Aim

2 Yellow:
    Heightened Senses
    Barbed Hidranced

Legendary:
    Rain of Thorns
    Bow Of the Righteous
    Improved Fletness

Before Combat:
    Camouflage, Track, Focus, Fletness, Needful Haste, Burn hot (If u got it up) and focus again
    On Combat(If hes avoiding the battle):
    Keep using focus for the 5 sec bonus until you got enought range to hit him:
    Barbed arrow, Swift bow, blood arrow, penetrating, quickshot

On Combat(If hes not avoiding the battle):
    Heartseeker, barbed arrow,blood arrow, penetrating, swift bow.
    Close combat:
    Dazing blow, Swift Stroke, Blind side, scouring blow,barbed arrow and penetratings and blood arrow.

If its a single creep, and you haven't add you can easily kill him doing this even to 10/12 ranks.
    Weavers are harder but you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    huh.
    Hunter x hit you with INSTA-KILL for 15,000 Fire Damage to Morale. And you guys call us OP?
    in all seriousness. Hunters need a PvP nerf, as they only one-shotters in the game should be npcs.
    (While their at it they need to fix about every other class in game but they wont. as nerfing freeps would mean no more easy kills. and no more easy kills=no more *** hole vip freeps logging on to gank/zerg the super weak creeps and then mock them for their weakness.)
    Fire Oil doesn't work with Heart Seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by Light12 View Post
    huh.
    If I was on your server, I would corpse jump you every time my zerg killed you.
    every
    single
    time
    in fact, id get my whole raid to corpse jump you.

And a hunter on our server messed around with the oneshot thingy, which he still does quite often. after awhile we decided to see how high he could dev on a heartseeker and well...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...he-unbelievers.....