We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Post Great ideas, but....

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Get rid of neighbourhoods, no. Move them, yes. Bree for instance has a huge central piece that has nothing in it, its a big dirt field if you've ever been on the rooftops. A smaller housing neighbourhood would fit quite nicely in here... Or even bring the mountain down north of the PPI to use as the neighbourhood area... In a town = much higher exposure then off in the middle of no-where. But keep the neighbourhoods, people like to show off their recent acquisitions. Thorin's would be easy to relocate as well since it's all underground, just add a door in Thorin's Hall. Shire, just move an imaginary mountain, since the mountains around MD are fake anyway, just insert housing area a little closer... Elf housing area is a little tougher, however, adding a boat option from Celendim (since it's not far that way) could be an option, or move it to a vale in Rivendell.

I love these ideas. Here's a few to add....

Don't take away the housing neighborhoods. Instead....

-Add houses down the path of the High Stair in Bree. Ability to rent houses or apartments in Begger's Alley or the hobbit homes overlooking the town, on the north end. There are various building throughout Bree that have no use except for cosmetics

-Add hobbit homes to rent. There are various homes in towns located throughout the Shire. I like idea of moving the homestead closer to Michel Delving.

-Add apartments or townhouses in the upper decks of Thorins Halls. The door at the very back of the Hall of Forges would make a great entrance to a housing district. You could take out the center vault-master and make an entrance tunnel leading to the current housing.

-Utilize the buildings in and around Dulliond and Celondim for housing options. I think the boat option is great. The docks in Celondim could be used for something other than fishing. Maybe housing options in Rivendell.

-Add flets for housing in Lothlorien. Kindred reputation, you get a special deed to a house?

-Just my personal favorite, but I would love to own a house in Stangard. I love the buildings and location of that town. I got the idea from the small houses you visit for the Explore Stangard deed.

just my thoughts

Doing anything to Shire, Bree, Thorins to do with housing would be a monumental waste of time.

There needs to be NPCs and housing access at the major cities, in particular late game cities where the majority of player activity is.

And there needs to be an incentive to use them other than for storage or cosmetic looks that nobody else ever sees.

Housing in the lower cities helps with community. Keeps the new players uplifted knowing there's a player base in the game. The original 4 cities/zones are at relative peace compared to level 60 and beyond cities (minus Lothlorien) The higher level cites (by story) are at battle with the enemy so it wouldn't make sense to have a peaceful housing zone near there.

but most likely all we'll see is a stable master option going back to the city.

just my 2 copper

Quote Originally Posted by zariarn View Post
    Housing in the lower cities helps with community. Keeps the new players uplifted knowing there's a player base in the game. The original 4 cities/zones are at relative peace compared to level 60 and beyond cities (minus Lothlorien) The higher level cites (by story) are at battle with the enemy so it wouldn't make sense to have a peaceful housing zone near there.

but most likely all we'll see is a stable master option going back to the city.

just my 2 copper
    U think so ? what is wrong to live in lothorien ? in endeweith ? in Rohan ?!

and lets be honest on most servers there are no house avaible anymore i would say keep the existing hosue system and add new more advanced like hytbold or something like that btu again devs dont care , they only care about their morning coffe and store

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarger View Post
    I still have some hope that housing will get an update.

/signed
    I have no hope left - but I'll sign anyway...it's not going to hurt anything and it takes less than 5 seconds of my time.

/signed
    [CENTER][COLOR="Orange"][I][SIZE="1"]This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between searches. Please try again in 55 seconds.[/SIZE][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Gillrain View Post
    U think so ? what is wrong to live in lothorien ? in endeweith ? in Rohan ?!

and lets be honest on most servers there are no house avaible anymore i would say keep the existing hosue system and add new more advanced like hytbold or something like that btu again devs dont care , they only care about their morning coffe and store

I agree. Look at my post. I believe houses in some of those zones would be great in addition to the original 4 cities.

I understand why they love their store. It's probably a big source of revenue but I think it's time to update previous areas. But don't see anything getting done that won't bring people to their store.

Add another house to an account. 1,000 turbine points. I'll spend 1,000 points to boot all non-renters instead of getting another house.

Thumbs up more houses facility please

I agree, agree and agree

/signed

/signed!

/signed

Hear Hear! Da Dwarves would also like some o' dem (usable) Forges/Workbenches/Ovens/Libraries available for da housez!

Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
    ~ The Hobgoblin

/signed

I'm relatively new to the game and managed to get a small standard house first time I looked (wasn't many options though) in Bree.

With that said I think an updated housing system would be quite awesome.

One idea I think would be pretty cool is;

1) The ability to build your own house. This would be something for the crafters, and would require them to work together. Building a log home? You need a woodworker. Building a stone house? You need a metalsmith. Interesting thing about this would being able to change the appearance of your house based on the type of ore/wood gathered. Which would allow anyone from apprentice level to the highest crafting tier have a role in crafting houses.
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.” Faramir

Bumping this to the top again.
    Some cracking ideas if the devs could PLEASE spare some time to look them over? Most of all we need to know whether there is any information forthcoming about possible overhaul plans for housing - or to tell us if there are no such plans. (Ofc that will just start a "Why not?" thread somewhere, but at least we'd know where we stand.....)

/signed

After playing EQ and EQ2 since inception the housing system on LOTRO was the only real letdown with this game for me. I would love to hear when/if anything is planned to update the system.

$signed$

Please update housing!
    /signed

I'll sign this.

Also, here is an idea of my own:
    Get rid of the general hook "spots" and replace it with a grid system. Have each decoration contain a certain "space required".
    If a decoration required say 4 squares, then you would place the decoration where it would be able to fit (some place with 4 squares bunched together). Interior decoration types would then include floor, wall and ceiling. Exterior decorations would include just "yard" I'd imagine. This should be able to give players more of a way to truly "create" what their home should look and feel like.
    Just an idea.

Yup, good idea already floated around by a few people - and much the simplest to implement I reckon

bump

/signed

Stop wasting time on hobby horses, and do this! if you wanna make some money!
    Exploring Middle-earth, 1 Blog post at a time
    http://middleearthchronicles.wordpres s.com
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Doug111973 Twitter: @doug200463

The Shire or Bree or Rivendell or, etc. When you're saving Middle Earth ya never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by elf-friend46 View Post
    I'm all for housing changes and have posted a number of suggestions. I would love to see some of those implemented!

Gaiagil
    Totally! Same here! I'd really like to buy a house in Lorien!
    Hello, New Forums.

Why isn't there a special part of the forums that just has to do with festivals or the candy jars at Turbine? I mean, that's all that's important right?

The Shire or Bree or Rivendell or, etc. When you're saving Middle Earth ya never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie3000 View Post
    Stop wasting time on hobby horses, and do this! if you wanna make some money!
    lol I agree all except the money part. I don't want to spend real money on in-game housing.
    Hello, New Forums.

Why isn't there a special part of the forums that just has to do with festivals or the candy jars at Turbine? I mean, that's all that's important right?

Turbine has time to do lots of things not considered terribly important, so they could devote some of it to housing for once. Even if it means no new housing items in update 9 or the next expansion, I would just love to see upgrades and eventually new housing areas.
    Help me build my LOTRO Performance Reference Guide!
    Link for Mac users

/signed
    Lotro 2007-2013

Sanlie R12 Schurke
    Seance R12 Jäger

More options to decorate freely (take a look at Vanguard housing where you can put what you want just about anywhere), customize the look of your house more (Vanguard again a good example where you build your home from scratch) and the availability to craft inside your homestead would be awesome.

I welcome any and all changes that could and would be made to current housing system.

Dark age of Camelot and Everquest2 had great housing systems. why is this so difficult to get this done here?

/Signed!

Especially after seeing the housing videos for Elder Scrolls and one of the other current MMOs (don't remember which).

I'm greatly saddened by the fact that nobody has mentioned cookies in this thread! What a shame!

If a blue name replies to this thread and gives us something positive and concrete, I will personally bake, from scratch, one dozen of his or her favorite cookies and ship them to his or her attention via FedEx Express Priority Overnight. Same offer goes for anything positive and concrete on a kinship revamp.

This post was made in jest. However, I will follow through on the offer if a blue name can confirm that a housing and/or kinship revamp is in the works for production deployment within the 2013 calendar year. If confirmation is given, cookies are deployed to Turbine headquarters, plans change, and no revamp makes it to production status by the end of the 2013 calendar year, I expect one dozen of my favorite cookies in return, baked from scratch, and shipped to my attention via FedEx Express Priority Overnight.
    Camden • Bancroft • Kimball • Melinnas • Psarra • Prentice • Lirendil

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast