We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgaard View Post
    And yet the Housing forum has yet to see an actual blue post that matters in substance or content talk in what seems to be years.
    What matters is that (again) there is evidence the devs -care- about housing.

What needs to happen is someone higher up in Turbine's foodchain realizing just how much TP folks would be putting into their houses if only
    - the current lockdown of prime property by longgone 'owners' was ended (!!!!) and,
    - hooks would be freely placable and buyable in the store (!!!!).

Add to that store offerings of house extentions like cellars, attics, barns, stables, rooms, more rooms, towers, mannequins etc. and watch TP spending rise.

I have faith that when they have time we all will hear something from them. I have to agree as I too would like to know what their housing plans are. Who knows they might just surprise all of us.

Thumbs up

/signed
    New homesteads like Rohan, Lothlorien and Rivendell would be awesome
    Please Turbine, improve the housing system
    "[...] I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: [...]"

Quote Originally Posted by Rainothon View Post
    What matters is that (again) there is evidence the devs -care- about housing.
    Action, not words (in other forums) is what this forum desperately needs for the last few years..
    [COLOR=#ffa500]0096 2251 2110 8105[/COLOR]

/signed

Please ladies and gents at Turbine, we are very interested in this aspect of the game.

if ever Turbine further develops housing, i would like to suggest the they make the option for wall/music/floor designs be in sets similar to the cosmetic outfits, but instead of selecting outfit1/2/3... the housing design would automatically switch every day/other day/2days...

thank you

Actually I recall a post where a blue name responded on a question on housing (link is actually in this thread somewhere) in which he/she said that to change or add a hook in housing with the system now in place would mean individually moving or adding said hook to every single house in every single housing instance in every single racial neighborhood. So that explains a lot I think.

And Theowien; when housing first came out five years ago, owners were foreclosed on for the the first year or so. This caused such an outcry it was changed to system now in place. It was especially delicate since many service persons were impacted by the foreclosure. They were abroad for months at a time, in places where they had no internet, and losing not just the house but all the trophies since escrow has a time limit of only a few weeks. I think another solution would be to remove the escrow time limit; foreclose on those who haven't paid housing fee in 2+ years, provide that person with a token for house ownership in case they ever come back - and that would solve some of the issues.

Given the difficulty in adjusting the current housing model, I wonder that they don't institute a new system, having the flexibility we ask for (something like EQ2 would be incredible) and have in place for new housing areas - perhaps even have areas like Moria, Lothlorien, Enedwaith, Rohan, Rivendell, and so on available. Those could even have a tp charge attached to it.
    *Shaedoe 105 Loremaster "The Diva" * Boudicia 105 Captain * Asilith 105 Hunter * *Elisel 105 Mini * Lywynn 105 Guard * Pupyluv Rank 6 Stalker

Quote Originally Posted by Asileth View Post
    And Theowien; when housing first came out five years ago, owners were foreclosed on for the the first year or so. This caused such an outcry it was changed to system now in place. It was especially delicate since many service persons were impacted by the foreclosure. They were abroad for months at a time, in places where they had no internet, and losing not just the house but all the trophies since escrow has a time limit of only a few weeks. I think another solution would be to remove the escrow time limit; foreclose on those who haven't paid housing fee in 2+ years, provide that person with a token for house ownership in case they ever come back - and that would solve some of the issues.
    This is great solution as well i agree, the big pain is that neighbourhoods are all empty, cause around 80-90% of houses are owned by players who dont play the game. Lets say put escrow brokers unlimited time, so whenever your back you can get all your staff back, but at least you dont fill the spot for anyone else. We all can agree that changing the time limit for escrow is not a big big thing to do and as well after 6 months owner that is inactive is kicked away is not so hard thing to invent. I think this should be the first step, after this we can discuss what is what we need, but this thing is just killing most of players....

Thank you !
    Last edited by Theowien; Sep 27 2012 at 04:58 PM.

why not sell additional hooks for 95 turbine points, if that's viable, make whatever is placed on those hooks harvest able for coins or whatever new housing items or crafting items, a farmville style of a side game for coins, out in middle earth would be killing for coins, while inside the homestead would be harvesting for coins

/signed

/signed
    Holder of a Golden Ticket (lifetime acct)

As a new player, I have to agree that the housing system was very poorly designed. I'm enjoying my standard hobbit-hole, but have been on the lookout for a deluxe house for weeks. I understand that a grace period for players who haven't paid upkeep is a nice and probably necessary thing, but indefinitely holding houses is ridiculous. The majority of houses I have seen are locked for non-payment.

I have given up on LoTRO to do anything other than make Raids and make changes to PvP. They don't care about anything else, and have proven they are more than willing to ignore their player base on issues that has long been plaguing the game. The housing system is just God awful in this game, and I seriously doubt that Turbine will ever do anything about it. After having played another MMO that actually listens to all regions of their playerbase, I can see just how bad Turbine really is. But I suppose I might as well make this rant worth something and sign this thing even though I know Turbine will never give us what we want.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0d21600000007b0b1/01007/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I would love to see improvements to housing. One of my favorite "fluff" aspects of the game, and it would be great to see it become more user-friendly and more useful in general.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000001efac7/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    Tansybelle, 66 Minstrel ~~ Maraleth, 56 Guardian
    Tarknosh, R6 Warleader ~~ Mordfang, R4 Weaver

/Signed

Would a kind of 'gridwork' system for placement of various housing items be that difficult? For example, I'm thinking of all those poorly-placed external hooks where the Large Yard items don't sit properly on a slope and poke out into empty air - very annoying! I wouldn't expect SWG-quality, but even a relatively large-scaled grid (with pre-defined minimum spacing between each item) would really help. I think it would improve the social aspect of this game enormously too. There's so little motivation to go chasing those cute or funny festival housing items because there's simply nowhere to put them and they end up occupying vault spaces I need for crafting/raiding supplies/cosmetic/the myriad of other things I really want to keep. For many people housing has just become extra storage and no more, shame because it has so much scope.

PLEASE look into doing something about this Turbine?
    Last edited by Bizzielizzie; Oct 02 2012 at 08:52 AM.

/signed

*wishlist*
    free hook system
    more thin furniture slot trophies

a way to convert old armor sets into a housing trophy rather than just destroy them to clear up invy space. as a bonus make it a clickable that puts that armor set on as a cosmetic like that one item from FG.

a way to convert old rare weapon drops like Freecutter, Iorcathol, Cudor, etc. into wall display weapons like Udonion's sword, etc. Maybe a weapons rack with a number of slots that you could fill with said rare old weapons.

more out-door slots, esp the v.large ones so we can display our stuff.

ability to place bound items in chests, but just like shared bank slots, only the person they are bound to can pull them out.

Superior crafting stations: Maybe one chosen station for a personal home, but all for a kin house.

Kin house central point note: I miss the old days when we would gather as a kin at the kin house to form up for a raid, set our groups, put a hunter in each group and then port to the hunters' bound campfire and go do the raid. The new instance system has removed this and now people are conveniently pulled from all over middle earth to the instance. This is surely more convenient, but I miss the group feeling we had back then of all meeting up and sparring and goofing around till all were present and ready to go. The kinhouse felt like it had a purpose back then as a social central point for the kinship, especially activity and raid based kins.
    Melrok (R10 Guard) Morkel (R12 Hunter) Merlok (R8 LM) Shadowheart (R8 Burg)
    Grimnaw (R11 Warg) Grimweaver (R11 Spdr) Grimacroncheese (R9 BA)
    Rageagainsthelootbox (R8 Defiler) Cheezeypoof (R9 Reaver)

Housing Revamp....signed,

it needs something, and as an avid Horse Collector I would love a stable and field so my Horses could have some freedom instead of them all being cramped in my pocket.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

/signed

Signed.
    Customers willing to pay, come take our money

/signed

And I will keep signing every, single one of these petitions that come out until Turbine says something definitive. The current system is next to useless. There's no reason to stay in your neighborhood more then a few minutes and no way to truly make your house, YOUR house. I have said it more then once, I'd be willing to throw my money Turbines way if they made it happen.

Personally, I'd like to see houses in higher level zones with "gated" housing. I.E. You can't have one without a toon at a minimum level (65 or higher), and previous ownership of a starter house (the current neighborhoods). That way, those with higher levels who don't need to spend so much time in the starter areas can move on, and new players can have a chance at home ownership. Provide swift travel though back to Bree and the other starter areas though, so they don't completely dry out of higher level people. Upkeep of these newer houses should also require logins and maintenance paid in full at least every 6 months, or house is foreclosed and items go into escrow until the owner gets them out, and a writ of ownership for a new house can be granted when/if they do retrieve their belongings.
    Last edited by Ameesa; Oct 07 2012 at 07:33 PM.

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    Housing Revamp....signed,

it needs something, and as an avid Horse Collector I would love a stable and field so my Horses could have some freedom instead of them all being cramped in my pocket.
    Oh yes! That'd be awesome.

I just hope they don't change the neighborhoods too much but rather concentrate on houses: add more freedom to decorating and kick out inactive players so new ones can buy houses too. And it'd be awesome to have different houses for your characters -- which, in my opinion, should definitely be chargeable (for example by buying a extra housing slot for 595 TP) so there'd be enough houses for people who actually enjoy housing and are willing to pay for it.

Thumbs up Re: Petition

/enthusiastically signed!!!!

/signed

I'm addicted to decorating in MMO's and it would be nice to have more freedom here!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast