We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    /signed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002a1b03/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

The devs should play EQ2 for a few weeks and see how housing should be done.

They could also make a killing by selling loads of exclusive housing items in the store, not that I like that sort of thing, but it's an incentive for them to sort it out.

I logged into my EQ 2 account after about 3 years, my house still there, all my stuff still there, EACH character now allowed to own 20 different houses (house vault shared between all houses), can have crafting stations, broker, you can get personal house limit increase to increase your amount of items by 100 or 200 (again something Turbine could sell) and depending on house size, you can have up to 400 items on display in your house and a further 400 stored in your moving crate.

You can get portals to allow you to teleport from one house to another
    Guild houses can hire various NPC's making it a really good hub for the guild to meet up in and equip themselves before a raid etc rather than the current situation where a kin house is virtually pointless.

Not saying Turbine should copy EQ2 but in my own opinion, while I prefer Lotro to EQ2, EQ2 has one of the best housing implementations around and Turbine could learn a lot from them.

Welcome to the Zombie-hood

I like the look of the houses and the neighbourhoods, especially the elven ones. It's just a pity I have never seen a single player-character in my neighborhood since the week I moved in. In the neighborhood where our Kin hall is, almost every house is locked for non-payment, and most of those since I joined the game two years ago.

I think Turbine believes keeping everyone's houses open for ever will make it easier for former players to jump back in and resume their virtual lives, but it's time to wake up and smell the coffee. Most of them will never return, and in the meantime, it makes house ownership a total waste of time for the people who are actually playing (and paying for) the game.
    Give me a living neighborhood, kick people out when they go inactive for six months so new, active players can move in. Let's make our neighborhoods places for social activity and our houses a place we can show off our trophies. PLEASE!
    In my Kin almost everyone wanted a deluxe house, very few were happy with the starter homes after a week. But there's only a few deluxe houses in each neighbouhood, so most of our kin bought them elsewhere. Which makes arranging social activities unlikely.

And here's an idea, in the unlikely event that you do revamp the system before I give up on LotRO - Sell the lots and make them big enough that people can upgrade their houses over time. Make houses or extensions available in the store or charge rent in lotro points if that's what it takes to make it financially worthwhile. Make it possible to get a storage locker (or cabinets which might suit the decor better) available in every extra room you buy, and of course charge for those as well, more business for the store. But please, do something to make owning a house worth while.

/signed.My top 3 most desired fixes:1. Stable rides to and from housing neighborhoods. Its too long a walk fromFalathlorn especially. 2. If a house is not used after 8 months, evict the person. Put their items in escrow and mail them the amount they paid for the house. 3. If my housing chest is not open to the public, I should be able to store bound items in it. Its my house, its my stuff. It makes sense.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0520a0000002ea3ec/01008/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Sign

I like the houses the way that they are (some more hooks would be nice though). Overall they've done a great job. I just wish that I could buy one. I've wanted a hobbit hole of my own for a while now but I can't buy one because the instance cap for auto-generated housing zones has been reached on Brandywine. Please add more houses or raise the instance cap or evict players that have obviously left the game and are locked out because of lack of payment. The priority should be the active and loyal players. Thank you.

Signed.

The main change I'd like to see would be releasing houses owned by people who haven't logged on in years. I believe there are people who didn't migrate from Codemasters to Turbine (who therefore couldn't come back even if they wanted to), yet they're still tying up houses.

Signed!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/022040000000e8f98/01002/signature.png]Rewen[/charsig]

Signed!

/signed

but I have to say, I think Turbine will never update housing. The last info we got on housing (in the Turbine Staff Q&A) is that they know it would be nice, but have no plans to do anything on housing. Remember, they cannot even finish the instances in time to release with the upcoming expansion.

You need to have some public campaign, like with thousands of player all sending some small item to Turbine in Boston, to publicly shame them into spending money to improve housing. They hatesss bad publicity, they doessss.

/sign

/signed

Dear Turbine,

Please indulge me with more ways to spend Turbine Points. One way would be to sell extra furniture and yard hooks in the store. Another way would be to sell expansions to one's house in the store (basement, tower, stable, extra room, extra themed rooms, extra large stable). And of course specific furniture like mannequins.

What would also really make me happy is you putting an end to all those houses being closed because of lack of payment.

Finally, the icing on the cake would be flexible placement of furniture/yard hooks. I'd be delighted to display my full creativity and also to see that of all the other wonderful people of Middle Earth.

Many thanks in advance,

Yours faithfully,
    X
    Guardsman Rainothon Hailbringer, Foe of Night

/signed.
    Ararax

/signed

/signed

Quote Originally Posted by XinaLotRO View Post
    There are many creative, informative threads in this forum about what should be done to improve the housing system.....
    The sad part is that probably 10-fold of the ones you could find have already been purged from the forums over the last what, 6 years since Turbine gave a hoot about housing.

IIRC, the LAST time anyone with a blue name poked their head into the Housing forum was some one-time Turbine employee asking for our opinions (which were given by the truckload) , and she was never heard from or seen again.

I still maintain she is still curled up under her desk in a fetal position rocking to-and-fro once she realized just how messed up housing is and how monumental the task would be to fix it.
    [COLOR=#ffa500]0096 2251 2110 8105[/COLOR]

/signed - would love to see a response to the housing in Lotro. Some very good suggestions in this forum and the examples from other games makes me wish we had more. It's one of the areas I wouldn't mind seeing store purchases tied to improve what we have. I'd spend some cash on bigger houses, more hooks, a stable would be awesome!

/signed... and I know its the same for many of my kinnies, though they don't frequent the forums. That's the major problem here, that Turbine won't pay attention due to too few voices, though this is largely because most players aren't on the forums! Oh, and also while social aspects of the game are being taken into consideration (if a dev ever reads this)...

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...evamp-Proposal - some of what's in here looks good. I don't agree with all of it, but certainly the ranks and log would be useful.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Iwwpf4WvY

turbine should learn from them

I have never come across a better housing system than in SWG, yes it had it's faults, but there was a fair attempt at clearing up dead player-created cities, however the decoration system was better than none. This was then copied over to EQ2.

I would love to see something done about housing in LotRO:
    • a more flexible decorating system (get rid of hooks both inside and out)
    • non-payment of maintenance for 120 days and all items get placed in a permanent escrow vault (just in case players return at a later date), the building is then free for another player
    • more furniture and decorations crafting
    I'm beginning to suspect that there is an issue with the engine for housing and no one wants to tackle it for fear breaking it completely!

I would appreciate hearing anything Turbine have to say on the subject.
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=#006400]Trulie Greenfinch[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#00ff00]Minstrel[/COLOR] - [COLOR=#daa520]Seaverse [/COLOR]- [COLOR=#ffd700]Laurelin
    [/COLOR][COLOR=#4b0082]Ailys Goldenacre[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700] - [/COLOR][COLOR=#0000cd]Burglar [/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700]-[/COLOR][COLOR=#ee82ee]Seaverse[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffd700] - [/COLOR][COLOR=#afeeee]Laurelin[/COLOR][/SIZE]

/signed I also would like to add that turbine could make a kind of "garage" for our house items because it is UNACEPTABLE that i cant store my house items into my house chests o_0
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/nzknxz.jpg[/IMG]
    [/CENTER]

/signed
    Leader of S.O.A Firefoot

85 LM 85 Min 85 Burg 85 Capt 85 RK 84 Guard 65 Warden 75 Champ 85 Burg

It's not news exactly, but this was pretty cool to see:

Quote Originally Posted by Scarycrow View Post
    Well this topic was mainly about the Property Guards and it seems to have gotten away from us. However, I have read through much of the housing forum and well aware of the player concerns/suggestions.
    Link to thread: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...60#post6416660

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Issachar44 View Post
    It's not news exactly, but this was pretty cool to see:

Link to thread: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...60#post6416660
    And yet the Housing forum has yet to see an actual blue post that matters in substance or content talk in what seems to be years.
    [COLOR=#ffa500]0096 2251 2110 8105[/COLOR]

/signed but i dont they they care about it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast