Re: So Roleplaying?
1) Laurelin is the official RP server.
2) Type /rp on, it turns your name white as a visual indicator that you are roleplaying. /rp off toggles this off.#
3) See point 10.#
4) None that I know of, except that they roleplay.
5) Of course, though I have only ever met one roleplaying creep in the Ettenmoors. Roleplay is far less a priority there than in the freep world, I think.#
6) I would say yes. It goes a long way toward other roleplayers taking you seriously (though some don't mind).
7) See point 6. Though, having a 5,000 word essay in that part isn't mandatory; it is possible to start with a vague theme in mind and let your backstory develop by itself through interaction with other roleplayers.
8) See point 4.#
9) Respect the lore, respect other roleplayers, and don't metagame (making use of knowledge gained out-of-character for in-character purposes without a bona fide justification).
10) Having at least a basic grasp of the lore pertaining to your character would help considerably. Also, might be useful to frequent the Laurelin Archives (http://laurelinarchives.org) as that is where a lot of Laurelin's roleplayers congregate while offline. Last but not least, attitude is key: keep an open mind and enjoy yourself! Good travels!