We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Every Last Drop - Quest Text gives Incorrect Order

The quest text says Billy, Bobby.

If you follow this you'll be at it all day without getting anywhere.

It's supposed to be Bobby, Billy.

I bugged it, but I wanted others to be sure they knew too so people could progress on this.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Re: Every Last Drop - Quest Text gives Incorrect Order

I could be wrong, but I think the names were just listed alphabetically. they give you 3 tries to figure out the correct order.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0320200000009ce88/01003/signature.png]Tinbird[/charsig]

Yep, Eogar needs a disclaimer added to his quest text:

"WARNING! The order I name the horses is not necessarily the order in which they want to be watered."
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/012030000000baec5/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]
    I know, I said I quit, so why am I posting? 'Cause there ain't no Blogorette patch.

Warning, the way listed is the correct order apart from two of them, because that's intuitive and fun for players to work out

I mean, if they want to go down the puzzle route, fine - I'm a big fan. But this just looks like a typo. The horses aren't alphabetical - Lizzie comes before Henry both in quest text and actual quest execution.

Ah well. At least I can stop loathing it now
    Last edited by Lilka; Jun 08 2012 at 06:17 PM.
    'A cage,' she said. 'To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire.'

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post
    Warning, the way listed is the correct order apart from two of them, because that's intuitive and fun for players to work out

I mean, if they want to go down the puzzle route, fine - I'm a big fan. But this just looks like a typo. The horses aren't alphabetical - Lizzie comes before Henry both in quest text and actual quest execution.

Confirmed. It works with the two 'B's switched.

Now the pitchfork breaking random quest is my most loathed.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/082070000000d6cff/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Same problem on pitchforks. It says Billy, Bobby, but you need to do it Bobby, Billy.

I had assumed you were meant to figure it out yourself from the start as he never specifically says 'This is the pecking order...'

The quest isn't that hard/long, and at least if you get the wrong horse they don't make you start over from the beginning. Plus once you have completed it once, it doesn't seem to change so you know the order if you get the quest again.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/02204000000197a56/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I get credit for delivering the first bucket of water to Bobby, but no matter which horse I go to after that I fail. I still have time in the progress bar, but none of Billy, Henry or Lizzie will give me credit for the second bucket. I successfully completed it a few days ago now I'm just confused. Anyone else with the same problem?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/0920d0000001e3d4b/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by rivkaboo View Post
    I get credit for delivering the first bucket of water to Bobby, but no matter which horse I go to after that I fail. I still have time in the progress bar, but none of Billy, Henry or Lizzie will give me credit for the second bucket. I successfully completed it a few days ago now I'm just confused. Anyone else with the same problem?
    To deliver the water, just aim to collide with the water barrel by the horse. You don't need to click it, just bump into it. And make sure you don't try the use the feeding trough, hoerses don't like soggy oats.

The order given above, Bobby, Billie, Lizzie, Henry, is correct.

And to the earlier posters, it is not a bug that Eogar gives you them in the "wrong" order. That is why you have the ability to make 3 mistakes in each run - it gives you the ability to work out the correct order. Sometimes we have to use our brains, folks.
    TANSTAAFL

My problem was that I was just running into the stall and apparently when I did that, sometimes, I'd get the message. So, I thought you just had to run into the stall. You need to run right up to the bucket and then you're fine.
    Belriel ~ Gladden Hunter
    Frie ~ Gladden Minstrel
    ============================== =
    "...you don't have to have blood-ties to get a family feeling about a person ...I have a belief
    that a man's real relatives are scattered throughout the universe, and seldom if ever belong
    to his immediate kin."...."Little Big Man"....Thomas Berger

Quote Originally Posted by Lilka View Post

Well...did you report it? Because that is what beta is for.