We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The horse quest - deed

Hey guys,

I started that deed quest in Combe then went to Bree n Hengstacer's farm. That's 9 quest total..deed needs 60. Is there any other quest I just don't find?
    Saw a pic a player was in Rivendell with session play. I was only in Ost Guruth.. x2 (did repeatable at Hengst's.) As it's new it's fun to do but.. not with 8 chara n 3 main. xD
    [img]http://s24.postimg.org/tkkkqxoud/sig_lotro.jpg[/img]
    + [color=red]Shakthia Zverka[/color] - the cute warg

Re: The horse quest - deed

There are 2 deeds:
    - Horsing around: complete 60 quests (Combe ones count too)
    - Discovering the descendant: complete 9 different quests (after you complete Building the Trust)

Each day you'll have 2 new quests on your server, those can be different or not.

In Imladris I've done:

Quote Originally Posted by Laerien View Post
    Building the Trust open the deed.
    Day 1: Bedbugs bite, Horsefield Derby
    Day 2: Worse for wear and Herding to the Trollshaws
    Day 3:Every last drop and Herding to the Trollshaws
    Day 4:Every last drop and Herding to the Lone-Lands

It seems the quests are per server. Until now all my characters got the same dailies and I haven't seen people doing different ones than mines.
    The Signature

My experience is the same. Did a couple of sessions now and also had to give some hay and water to horse 1 to 4.
    Will see what next will bring

finding this very frustrating. just did the bed bugs bite; replaced the bedding for four horses and failed. can't get the system toe tell me what i did wrong....
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardPh View Post
    My experience is the same. Did a couple of sessions now and also had to give some hay and water to horse 1 to 4.
    Will see what next will bring

Quote Originally Posted by BelladonnaLebeau View Post
    finding this very frustrating. just did the bed bugs bite; replaced the bedding for four horses and failed. can't get the system toe tell me what i did wrong....
    You need to do the horses in a certain order. and you only have 7 tries. so that means you can only make 3 mistakes (doing the right horse in the right order still counts as a try). If you fail you can try again in 10 min. Also the order is the same every time so when you find the first horse note that.. and so on..

Quote Originally Posted by BelladonnaLebeau View Post
    IIRC the order is Bobby, Billy, Lizzy, Henry. The same for Every last drop quest.
    The Signature

I have completed the earlier quests including the Derby one at the farms. But the only quests I am getting offered now over and over are Feed the Horses and Herding to the North Downs. Not sure how I am supposed to complete Discovering the Descendants if I am not offered the quests.
    The Lonely Mountain Band
    Pouncival-Rank 15 aroo-Leader of the Pouncing Pwny
    We Pounce Because We Care

I'm having similar experience. I keep getting a random horse run quest and To the Last Drop. I'm on 28 of 60 for the Horsing Around deed currently. Failed Bedbugs Bite the first time and it has never been offered again, so I'm having trouble getting the Discovering the Descendant deed done.
    Last edited by lorienleisha; Jun 17 2012 at 03:27 AM.

The selection of the 2 quests each day is random. They will all come round in time. Once you complete the Discovering the Descendent deed, you get a short quest which grants you the Favour of the Mearas skill.

The Horsing Around deed grants you a cosmetic cloak.
    TANSTAAFL

Hi guys! I just got RoR. I got the 'Discovering the Descendant' deed, but I didn't get the 'Horsing Around' deed. What did I miss? Where do I must search for quests regarding that deed?

Also, could you tell me how do I track my progress? I can't find the deeds on my deed log
    Last edited by Cheniera; Jul 28 2012 at 08:25 PM.

deed is under race/social menu. did u go to hengstacer? u get dailies there
    [img]http://s24.postimg.org/tkkkqxoud/sig_lotro.jpg[/img]
    + [color=red]Shakthia Zverka[/color] - the cute warg

Quick question from a friend of mine whos laid up in hospital atm. do these two deeds need to be finished by the time RoR launches or can they be finished off afterwords?

Quote Originally Posted by Cadwaladr View Post
    Quick question from a friend of mine whos laid up in hospital atm. do these two deeds need to be finished by the time RoR launches or can they be finished off afterwords?
    There's been no official statement, but it would be very very weird if they couldn't be done after launch. For one thing, what about new characters created after RoR launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunathiel View Post
    deed is under race/social menu. did u go to hengstacer? u get dailies there
    And from there, in the "Epic" tab.

Hi, after update im noticing that the Cloak of the Equine which was a reward from the deed Horsing around that came with the ledendary edition, was changed to the deed Discovering the Descendant, which ive completed before the update, but after cloak change from deed, it wasnt rewarded to me.

Is this a bug, known issue, or just unlucky me.

Thank you, Degorian

cloak of the equine

i just finished this today also and did not get the cloak