We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Wink What class(s) should I pick for alts?

I honestly don't have a single idea on which forum to put this, but since I talk about burgs first, I'll put it there :P. I want to roll a burglar, and I want to see what people like about it. I love playing my warg, but people say warg and burg are completely different, but is a burglar still fun? And can anyone name their favorite 2 classes? I have a level 21 champion that I'm definitely keeping, and I have a level 39 hunter that I might delete, and I have another class slot. The only class I don't have unlocked is RK, so anything except that please. I mean like, which class is the most fun in the Moors, which classes LI grind is least painful, which class is most wanted in raids, and which class do you like the most. Thanks!
    R6 Blackarrow, Sentry Savemepls Crykid

Re: What class(s) should I pick for alts?

LOL, awesome picture but I don't know what that is. xD
    R6 Blackarrow, Sentry Savemepls Crykid

Quote Originally Posted by Drakojan View Post
    LOL, awesome picture but I don't know what that is. xD
    its Amumu the sad mommy

fingers crossed, maybe we will get an amumu traitline for RoR.

It is one of the classes, champions in League of Legends. check it out you may like it. FTP

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/
    Last edited by ifreborn1; Jun 06 2012 at 12:52 AM.

Imo burg is way more fun than a warg since he has way more good skills. It's the fastest class in the game, so if you like playing fast classes, he's the right choice for you.

PS: Let me give you a hug! An amumu traitline would be nice, burg going aoe, aoe root etc.
    at least amumu doesn't smell like burning, he's op anyways, so better nerf irelia!
    Last edited by sdf-blarelius; Jun 06 2012 at 05:35 AM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/1f21b0000001aa487/01005/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Blarelius, Blanadir, Dorilion, Lirania.
    Kinship: Streiter der Freiheit - Raid: Legion der Freunde

tbh, i absolutely love the burg..tho only if its a hobbit xD i played a man burg to lvl 27 and deleted him to make a hobbit one
    i played all classes (apart from RK like you ) to at least lvl 20, and my most loved classes are:
    1)warden, i love 'hard' tanking and the guardian which i got to only lvl 40..but still, is WAY too easy.
    2)Minstrel, i never healed before in mmo's and i rolled a mini to try a bit of healing..i dont mind it, but im certainly going WS not healing :P
    2) i really cant decide whether i like mini or burg more so they are both 2nd :P i love sneaking and hitting 50%+ morale with 1st hit then stunning and finishing off with 2 more hits xD its UBER FUN ..though i didnt work out how to move around with my mouse and where to bind the skills on my keyboard cuz thats a nightmare so far..(i can move around with my mouse but its difficult to stay at the back of the mob with the mouse) :P
    [IMG]http://www.djelle.dk/sig-lotro.jpg?&lo=09090a2256ji1&t1=Asthorn&t2=The%20Eradicator&t3=Man-Warden&l=80&u=http://makarious.guildlaunch.com/&k=Makarious&s=Gilrain&i=i.imgur.com/mEWU4XQ.jpg[/IMG]

Post Re: What class(s) should I pick for alts?

I honestly don't have a single idea on which forum to put this, but since I talk about burgs first, I'll put it there :P. I want to roll a burglar, and I want to see what people like about it. I love playing my warg, but people say warg and burg are completely different, but is a burglar still fun? And can anyone name their favorite 2 classes? I have a level 21 champion that I'm definitely keeping, and I have a level 39 hunter that I might delete, and I have another class slot. The only class I don't have unlocked is RK, so anything except that please. I mean like, which class is the most fun in the Moors, which classes LI grind is least painful, which class is most wanted in raids, and which class do you like the most. Thanks!
    I've run a hunter since open beta and just gave up on it at lvl 71 and dusted off my SoA Burg (who was only lvl 21) and haven't looked back at Hunter since.

The only thing I think the Burg suffers from is schizophrenic trait lines and overly complex CDs -- all I think come from the devs who seem to not understand classes and reflexively "balance" due to the plaintive cries of "OP". Otherwise, fantastic class with a lot of survivability, good group utility, and definitely not for facerolling/button mashing.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/032020000000638d5/01002/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

I honestly don't have a single idea on which forum to put this, but since I talk about burgs first, I'll put it there :P. I want to roll a burglar, and I want to see what people like about it.
    More multi-dimensional than other classes. When questing, you can charge in like all the other classes do, or you can sneak around back, ignoring all the walkers and trash MOBs, dropping in on your final objective, taking it out and gone. In groups, smiling knowingly when other classes exclaim, "Wow, I just critted for X damage!" (You are welcome for that Reveal Weakness and Counter Defense you didn't even know I applied for ya'.)

The other amusing comment in groups, "Why are we getting so many Fellowship Maneuvers?"

You can play a burg purely as a reactive class, but also layer the skills in the Gambler traitline. Not a traitline, but an entirely separate capable build is bleeds.

And can anyone name their favorite 2 classes?
    Burg and guard.

I have a level 39 hunter that I might delete, and I have another class slot.
    I deleted the hunter I tried way before that. Note also you have a bunch of other servers, with three class slots on each, you can try all the classes yourself then create the one you like on the server you want.

which classes LI grind is least painful, which class is most wanted in raids, and which class do you like the most. Thanks!
    A burg just needs one level cap weapon currently, a Second Age with three Crystals will suffice. The current design of legendaries means they don't need a 75 bag, a SA 65 bag is equivalent. So far less grind, fewer legacy scrolls, cheaper Scrolls of Empowerment and Delving.

That being said, wanted in raids would be healer/tank types. You already have a tank type in your champ, so perhaps try a minstrel to see if you like it?

(I've noticed a preponderance of folks have burg, guard and mini as alts.)

"Sometimes survival comes down to not being hit. Actually, most times." -the chicken skill, Bob and Weave
    Link to our community LOTRO store google spreadsheet pricelist and conversion rates, please contribute too!: https://goo.gl/wxPqCm

Warden - Because they simply cannot be killed
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000000a821f/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Godonstilts View Post
    Warden - Because they simply cannot be killed
    Hmm...maybe we should test that theory...

*fingers his daggers*
    Today is a good day for Pie.

Do not meddle in the affairs of Burglars, for they are subtle and quick to shank you.

I have never played Monster classes but from the Warg description, it seems more focused on Damage while Burglars are more into CC just comparing those two. You mention liking Champion but maybe not Hunter, Burglar does not DPS like Champion even with QK traited, they can use ranged weapons like Hunter for pulling but the best are either crafted or bought from the LotRO store early on up to Level 21 (where I am now), my Burg only uses ranged when I want to solo kill a mob away from other mobs it might be near, better than gang fighting since Burglars can get beaten easier. Learn to use Stealth, Distraction and Tricks especially with other Burglar abilities like Mischievous Glee and Startling Twist, they help you get through some tougher fights. Early on you may be better off avoiding mobs a bit above your level than you are used to from Champion, I could take on certain mobs 0-2 levels higher with Captain but Burglar was different, I had to wait to fight Bears until they were 1-2 levels or more lower. Man Burglars start with the Might bonus while Hobbit seem to last longer due to Morale boosts. If you take Hobbit, don't bother slotting Hobbit-stealth, Burglar Stealth Cooldown is fast enough for me at least.
    [COLOR=#afeeee]Glicyn, Man CPT; Drigrin, Hobbit BUR; Heli, Dwarf MIN; Eliyvan, Elf LM- Imladris[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=#ffa07a]Soldiers of Gondor - Kin[/COLOR]