We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 332 of 335 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 8355
    Quote Originally Posted by Dingu View Post
    I figured you wouldn't know what you were doing. Otherwise you wouldn't be doing it.

it's quite easy: this game needs two sides. The tactic of scorched earth you're applying works. It bores creeps to death.
    They can't hand in quests while Grams Pew Pew is going on.. and when action picks up (mostly because a good leader comes online) they have already logged out of boredom.

If that's what you want.. it's working.

Dingu
    Now I will tell you something quite easy to understand:

They are BONUSES. If you want them, earn them, they don't affect gameplay in any way (in a short period of time). Freeps earnt bonuses, freeps have bonuses, you can do the same.

As for action, you basically blame freeps for camping the only spot where creeps are? Instead of "logging out of boredom" get your ### together and fight back, creep leaders won't fall from heaven, lead craid yourself.

Learn.

They are bonusses.. and quest-hubs.

Creeps are PVP-players. THE way to bore the #### out of them, is force them to play PVE. They already had those same quests forced on them over and over and over again
    for the better part of a year to get to a decent PVP rank.

But mostly, you're punishing the low-rank creeps who can't flip the keeps on their own and try to get decent rank to join PVP.

Don't mess with game-mechanics -- they have a purpose.

Dingu

I'm going to have to disagree with you, Dingu. PvE is one of the few action triggers when we are stalled in grams/lug. I don't think respecting 2-2 OPs is a necessity at all if there is no action. For instance, if there is grams camping with say 2-2 OPs, or 3 for creeps, or even one, freeps taking the rest could force the creeps to map out (because they/we can do that) to take OPs or other bonuses.

Doing this often divides the oposing side groups and has a chance of creating better action than our beloved pew-pew.

One of the biggest problems I see in Gilrain (and I know no other server, so I don't know if this is a general issue) is that creeps lack initiative to form small groups to move around the map and create action. We have a tribe where 80%+ of the creeps are and way too often you can see more than 15 people online there just sitting at grams or forming warg-packs that the only think they do is gank the ocasional freep that has been left alone.

I'm sure I'm being a bit unfair and I don't have all the information as I rarely group with most of the creeps (and honestly, the last time I tried to form a group using OOC I got no response cause there was already a group formed sitting at grams, so I don't see myself trying to form an open group anytime soon), but putting all the blame on freeps is unfair.

Also, freeps tend to justify their big minstrel balls surrounded by hunter traps by saying there are too many wargs. I'll tell you that most of the time there are so many wargs precisely because freeps form these kind of groups (even if not everyone is grouped with everyone). It is surely one of the reasons why I decided to start a warg, tired of being unable to find acceptable fights with my reaver around the map.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rNA52C7.jpg[/IMG]

Waaha R10 Reaver, Tardleader R9 War-Leader, Wargtard R7 Warg
    Fellagund R5 Warden, Eldelcar R4 Lore-Master, Cadwolf R3 Captain, Eldelband R2 Minstrel

I hate to interrupt (No I don't) this conversation but here I go anyway,

Quote Originally Posted by Retarius View Post
    Getting less infamy/renown than other side is pathetic reason to quit, get a grip.
    This is true. However, the motivation a player gets when he sees the enemies near Gramsfoot/GV while having zero bonus, is lower than the motivation when a player has a significant bonus and the action is elsewhere.

And don't forget the fact that people can't switch to lowbie to hand in quests while waiting for action to improve.
    People shouldn't wait for action to improve, they should take action. You log on to fight and thus creating action. You don't log on to see what's happening, waiting for other people to create action.

They can't hand in quests while Grams Pew Pew is going on.. and when action picks up (mostly because a good leader comes online) they have already logged out of boredom.
    In an earlier post you said creeps weren't here to PvE so not being able to hand in quests shouldn't be that big of a deal. Waiting for a "good leader" is not the option.
    I've been in a lot of smaller groups lately just to give other creeps motivation to go out of grams and do stuff. Taking a keep like TR or taking a dof boss like the tree is a good example.

I am always astonished by the fact that when there is a raid leader online making a raid, all of a sudden so many creep numbers show up. I wonder where they were at the time there was gramscamping. Exactly, waiting for action to improve.

They are BONUSES. If you want them, earn them, they don't affect gameplay in any way (in a short period of time). Freeps earnt bonuses, freeps have bonuses, you can do the same.

As for action, you basically blame freeps for camping the only spot where creeps are? Instead of "logging out of boredom" get your ### together and fight back, creep leaders won't fall from heaven, lead craid yourself.
    Yes freeps earnt those bonuses the moment they took them. Preventing them to autoflip however is not part of that "earning".

Besides that, 80% of freeps is rolling a mini or cappy these days. Yes some of them have played them long before they were concidered "fotm" but there are also many who have no clue what they are doing on their mini but still play it. Why? Because they saw what a player who can properly play a mini can do. And they want to do the same.

Agreed with the "get your ### together and fight back" Like I said earlier, waiting for other creeps/players to create action shouldn't be the awnser. Everyone is capable of creating action, just form a little group and go try some things. Maybe let one group of six go take TR and one group of six go take the relic at the same time, divide the freeps.

Now, continue your discussion.
    [center][URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/Glohir/media/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png.html][IMG]http://i1170.photobucket.com/albums/r524/Glohir/99b92620-47a6-43d6-8b52-1ff43a173a35_zpsz90debot.png[/IMG][/URL][/center]

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    In an earlier post you said creeps weren't here to PvE so not being able to hand in quests shouldn't be that big of a deal. Waiting for a "good leader" is not the option.
    I've been in a lot of smaller groups lately just to give other creeps motivation to go out of grams and do stuff. Taking a keep like TR or taking a dof boss like the tree is a good example.

I am always astonished by the fact that when there is a raid leader online making a raid, all of a sudden so many creep numbers show up. I wonder where they were at the time there was gramscamping. Exactly, waiting for action to improve.
    PVE on high-ranked creep mate. On a low-rank creep it's quite obvious you HAVE to PVE or leech off a raid to get anywhere.. When you log your high-ranked creep, it's quite clear you're going to want to do as little PVE as possible.

Personally, I'm always up for flipping a keep or taking something, but my requests in OOC are rarely accomplishing anything.. unless it's for setting up a wargpack to kill freeps.

Dingu

PVE on high-ranked creep mate. On a low-rank creep it's quite obvious you HAVE to PVE or leech off a raid to get anywhere.. When you log your high-ranked creep, it's quite clear you're going to want to do as little PVE as possible.

Personally, I'm always up for flipping a keep or taking something, but my requests in OOC are rarely accomplishing anything.. unless it's for setting up a wargpack to kill freeps.

Dingu
    Sometimes doing a bit of PVE can lead to a good PVP fight.

People trying to make groups in OOC to ninja keeps behind freeps backs are normally ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    Besides that, 80% of freeps is rolling a mini or cappy these days. Yes some of them have played them long before they were concidered "fotm" but there are also many who have no clue what they are doing on their mini but still play it. Why? Because they saw what a player who can properly play a mini can do. And they want to do the same.
    Tbh, the times were minstrels werent fotm are just a vague memory.
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

Badjuanra R12 (BA), Adbulhassan R9 (STK), Fatjuanra R9 (WL)

Quote Originally Posted by Juanra View Post

People trying to make groups in OOC to ninja keeps behind freeps backs are normally ignored.
    Instead, peeps just moan that bonus is low.. you lost me mate.

Dingu

@Gloh

As long as I get ANY infamy I am fine to die/get corpsejumped/sit behind rock, I don't need any bonuses, screw infamy and all this ####, in PvP you are supposed to have fun by killing other players, rank is just nice addition for your accomplishments.

@Dingu

If you want to PvE to be good in PvP I'd suggest you to log your freep and do ####load of deeds to get skills from store because in no way questing will help you.

Instead, peeps just moan that bonus is low.. you lost me mate.

Dingu
    You mean Eruznakh, Uzgothku and you moan that bonus is low?

It won't run smoothly because:
    a) action sucks
    b) turbine's servers are as ancient as pyramids
    Yep, gotta wait for Titanfall and Witcher 3. Surprisingly we're getting many nice game titles this year
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    You mean Eruznakh, Uzgothku and you moan that bonus is low?
    Me? nope.

I want to be able to hand in my quests I do as I roam the map searching for Freeps. I hate gramscamp.

Dingu

The current lack of promiment creep players who function as engines for the creep community is just a natural development. Freep side, and then most particularly a certain kin, has been cheating and supporting cheating for so long that it got to the point that it wasn't any fun playing for many creeps. Combined with poor changes and freep being majorly op (in the past at least, don't know how it is now), most creeps with initiative took some initiative and left Gilrain/lotro. It wasn't any fun, and many freeps made damn sure to underline NO FUN when they cheated, exploited and took advantage of an already bad situation. And today, it's just too late. It's gotten to the point that you can't turn the ship around anymore. Maybe 2 years ago, and 3 years ago, I told you all to boycot a certain kin and other cheaters. I told you it would be the death of this server and it would soon be too late to turn the ship around. You remember my pleadings to Turbine on the MP forum to help Gilrain before it was too late. Most creeps knew what I was talking about and supported the cause. Most freeps, on the other hand, were against it. No boycot was ever initiated, only by a few freep individuals who stood tall. Even a certain tribe leader whom we all know supported the freeps and wouldn't step up to save Gilrain. I hope that guy at least sees his mistakes today, and just maybe, maybe he'll act in another way the next time he's put in a situation like that. With his support, things COULD have been turned.

So, FREEPS, YOU DUG YOUR OWN GRAVE! So quit whining about creeps, you drove most creeps with initiative away.

Remember, freeps, you can only hold a man's head under water for so long. I warned you about this. Most creeps with initiative took initiative and left you.

The only thing that can turn the ship around is something extraordinary about lotro that will attract players back, but even then Gilrain might be shunned because of its sorry state and poor rep. Everyone who's ever played here know how the freeps on this server are, and they know coming back will only fuel freeps to keep doing what they were doing in the past.
    Last edited by stoffi; Feb 20 2014 at 09:38 AM.

I started playing Battlefield 4 and i realy enjoy it much more then lotro .
    so i wont be much on from now on. not that i wil be missed much but ok .
    it was time to move on. Goodluck with trying to improve gilrain Ettenmoors.
    Gilrain is close to death .
    Defiler Rank 12. Blackarrow Rank 14. Weaver Rank 12. Warleader Rank 12. Stalker Rank 11. Reaver Rank 11.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    The current lack of promiment creep players who function as engines for the creep community is just a natural development. Freep side, and then most particularly a certain kin, has been cheating and supporting cheating for so long that it got to the point that it wasn't any fun playing for many creeps. Combined with poor changes and freep being majorly op (in the past at least, don't know how it is now), most creeps with initiative took some initiative and left Gilrain/lotro. It wasn't any fun, and many freeps made damn sure to underline NO FUN when they cheated, exploited and took advantage of an already bad situation. And today, it's just too late. It's gotten to the point that you can't turn the ship around anymore. Maybe 2 years ago, and 3 years ago, I told you all to boycot a certain kin and other cheaters. I told you it would be the death of this server and it would soon be too late to turn the ship around. You remember my pleadings to Turbine on the MP forum to help Gilrain before it was too late. Most creeps knew what I was talking about and supported the cause. Most freeps, on the other hand, were against it. No boycot was ever initiated, only by a few freep individuals who stood tall. Even a certain tribe leader whom we all know supported the freeps and wouldn't step up to save Gilrain. I hope that guy at least sees his mistakes today, and just maybe, maybe he'll act in another way the next time he's put in a situation like that. With his support, things COULD have been turned.

So, FREEPS, YOU DUG YOUR OWN GRAVE! So quit whining about creeps, you drove most creeps with initiative away.

Remember, freeps, you can only hold a man's head under water for so long. I warned you about this. Most creeps with initiative took initiative and left you.

The only thing that can turn the ship around is something extraordinary about lotro that will attract players back, but even then Gilrain might be shunned because of its sorry state and poor rep. Everyone who's ever played here know how the freeps on this server are, and they know coming back will only fuel freeps to keep doing what they were doing in the past.
    Stoffi please don't generalize, you seem to do it a lot. (I know you have to do it a bit since you haven't been active for some time and there is many things you don't know, but still..)
    Generalizing is bad mainly because there really are some freeps who have done many things to improve the action during the years and supporting fair play, even with a cost of their own free time.

About the pics you posted: I'm so jealous, Norway is so beautiful compared to Finland
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

in PvP you are supposed to have fun by killing other players
    Many people should understand that THIS is the only important thing while playing a game. For the rest, there is real life.
    [CENTER]Baronth - Alemis - Aipod - Alessandro - Talyla - Viyle | [B]Ombra e Fiamma[/B] - [Gilrain][/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    Retired[/CENTER]

Thank you for the quiz tonight Shak. Social. Fun.
    Creep: Eruznakh RK8 Defiler
    Freep: Espereth L58 Lore-master
    and others...

Quote Originally Posted by Baronth View Post
    Many people should understand that THIS is the only important thing while playing a game. For the rest, there is real life.
    Exactly.. so stop messing with game mechanics and let those people who want to hand in quests do so. Stop locking keeps -- devs have created the auto-flip thing that for a reason.

Dingu

Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    Stoffi please don't generalize, you seem to do it a lot. (I know you have to do it a bit since you haven't been active for some time and there is many things you don't know, but still..)
    Generalizing is bad mainly because there really are some freeps who have done many things to improve the action during the years and supporting fair play, even with a cost of their own free time.

About the pics you posted: I'm so jealous, Norway is so beautiful compared to Finland

There are some freeps who never grouped with the cheaters and even left gilrain because there were too many cheaters on freep side. But most freeps, and I mean the vast majority, grouped with cheaters and benefitted from cheating and exploiting. That, Jureon, is about the same as cheating yourself. In a court of law, and if cheating/exploiting in lotro was a crime, most freeps would be convicted for complicity. By playing with them and acknowledging their cheating/exploiting, freep side, nearly as a whole, supported cheating/exploiting. But I didn't expect anything more from freep side, but I expected more from a certain tribe leader here on Gilrain. He refused to acknowledge the problem and do anything about it, creating a divide amongst the creeps. Right there, the battle was lost and Gilrain was doomed to be a #### server with few creeps of initiative. And that of course means that even more ppl left the server, and now it's too late.

As long as you were in the same group, even solo, as members of a certain kin, you are an accomplice to Gilrain's fall from what I would call "best server". I said this 2-3 years ago, most creeps knew it was true, and they have now left Gilrain/lotro. Most freeps seemed content with supporting cheaters, but you were peeing in your own pants to keep warm.

"You know nothing John Snow"

Quote Originally Posted by EruzEsp View Post
    Thank you for the quiz tonight Shak. Social. Fun.
    +1

/makingthepostlonger.
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

What is it with this constant combat logging by creeps ? Although I've seen it before it's getting ridiculous . I saw a R12 war leader do it ( laughable) and today I saw a R12 BA do it . A certain high rank spider did it a while back too . Just die !! It's utterly pathetic , furthermore this is clearly an exploit so please stop showing yourselves up even more .

Thanks to the creeps that showed up today ( except for the irritating warg who switched to his combat logging BA ) but to the R12 BA , pathetic why any creep sacrificed their life to save the likes of you is beyond me .!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    What is it with this constant combat logging by creeps ? Although I've seen it before it's getting ridiculous . I saw a R12 war leader do it ( laughable) and today I saw a R12 BA do it . A certain high rank spider did it a while back too . Just die !! It's utterly pathetic , furthermore this is clearly an exploit so please stop showing yourselves up even more .

Thanks to the creeps that showed up today ( except for the irritating warg who switched to his combat logging BA ) but to the R12 BA , pathetic why any creep sacrificed their life to save the likes of you is beyond me .!!!!
    So, when freeps combat log or use the instant teleportation to get away from a certain death is ok, but when creeps combat log is awful for what reason exactly?

So, when freeps combat log or use the instant teleportation to get away from a certain death is ok, but when creeps combat log is awful for what reason exactly?
    If any freep does it it's just as bad but I haven't seen any freep do it . It's still an exploit regardless of which side does it . If you have seen a freep do it then feel free to point it out , however as you simply didn't understand your own silly wiki post a while back I will try to simplify my response so that even your childlike , bigoted ,reasoning , can follow , "two wrongs do not make a right" .I see your love of infantile memes still dominates your posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    If any freep does it it's just as bad but I haven't seen any freep do it . It's still an exploit regardless of which side does it . If you have seen a freep do it then feel free to point it out , however as you simply didn't understand your own silly wiki post a while back I will try to simplify my response so that even your childlike , bigoted ,reasoning , can follow , "two wrongs do not make a right" .I see your love of infantile memes still dominates your posts
    You havent seen any freep do it? You are either a liar or dumber than i thought. Just ask in your own kinship and the people you group with in EM.

Also, freeps using the festival quest back in the days, sure that wasnt happening either right?

You havent seen any freep do it? You are either a liar or dumber than i thought. Just ask in your own kinship and the people you group with in EM.

Also, freeps using the festival quest back in the days, sure that wasnt happening either right?
    Listen carefully as I shall this only once " I haven't seen any freep do either" . I didn't say that freeps never do it , I have no actual knowledge that any freep has done it . So make sure you understand the issue before you post your drivel , close your mouth please you are dribbling again

Page 332 of 335 FirstFirst ... 232 282 322 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 LastLast