We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 312 of 335 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 322 ... LastLast
Results 7,776 to 7,800 of 8355
    after briefly looking over random posts in the thread and not really paying attention to what is happening, The spider queens court has decided to rule in favour of stoff. (even though none of the court really likes wargs).

wardens were/are op for too long. Without getting all too bigheaded, there was no way i should have been losing to some of them 1v1 but i didn't even stand a whiskers chance. I don't know what they're like now, but if you've been nerfed and broke … good. Shut up and put up. Although tbh its probably only affwyn who's going to be bothered, he wasted so much time levelling a class he didn't need to understand or learn properly in order to gain quick reward in pvp, and now he's back to square one like when he had that hunter alt. But such is life. Im sure the rest of you can pick yourselves up, dust off the residue nerf and put your class back together.

You don't even need to tank in ettens, the only time one side ever forcibly takes a keep is when the other side is being zerged, at which point tanks just aren't even required. Silly pvp'ers.
    Last edited by DharmaSpider; Dec 11 2013 at 06:50 AM.

Went to EM for the first time in just over a year on freep. couldn't find a freep or creep. Is it a bit livelier in the evenings?

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    It belongs in the movie "300", along with the warden's other 299 companions. Wardens belong in Sparta, not lotro.
    Just have to add a small comment. Wardens are also a ranged class and spartans considered ranged weapons a weapon for cowards. Means wardens are nothing close to a spartan. Also, spartans were not allowed to flee from battle. If he did, the whole village was allowed to beat him up :P

If you wonder where RK's come from then you haven't watched star wars.

P.S. warden bleeds are still not being mitigated on BR.

Anyone seen if they're changing the cosmetic appearance for the lvl 95 armour in em?

Quote Originally Posted by Sindaro View Post
    Anyone seen if they're changing the cosmetic appearance for the lvl 95 armour in em?
    Nope.

The Message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaSpider View Post
    after briefly looking over random posts in the thread and not really paying attention to what is happening, The spider queens court has decided to rule in favour of stoff. (even though none of the court really likes wargs).

wardens were/are op for too long. Without getting all too bigheaded, there was no way i should have been losing to some of them 1v1 but i didn't even stand a whiskers chance. I don't know what they're like now, but if you've been nerfed and broke … good. Shut up and put up. Although tbh its probably only affwyn who's going to be bothered, he wasted so much time levelling a class he didn't need to understand or learn properly in order to gain quick reward in pvp, and now he's back to square one like when he had that hunter alt. But such is life. Im sure the rest of you can pick yourselves up, dust off the residue nerf and put your class back together.

You don't even need to tank in ettens, the only time one side ever forcibly takes a keep is when the other side is being zerged, at which point tanks just aren't even required. Silly pvp'ers.
    You are making me feel special knowing you still hate me so much for beating you in a game of pixels.

Last time i fought you i didnt even slowed you to nerf myself but i doubt you will ever show some positive attitude as long as you keep pressing the retreat button.

PS: Mane nice bait thrown there but, a warg speaking of braveness isnt that kinda ironic? Take your creep googles off first before replying.

Quote Originally Posted by paiNz View Post
    You are making me feel special knowing you still hate me so much for beating you in a game of pixels.

Last time i fought you i didnt even slowed you to nerf myself but i doubt you will ever show some positive attitude as long as you keep pressing the retreat button.

PS: Mane nice bait thrown there but, a warg speaking of braveness isnt that kinda ironic? Take your creep googles off first before replying.
    QQ?

The Message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    QQ?

QQ about QQ?

1. I don't know who you are.
    2. I didn't talk about wargs in that post since they havent been compared to spartans or ninjas etc.
    3. Calm son.

Quote Originally Posted by grapez View Post
    Just have to add a small comment. Wardens are also a ranged class and spartans considered ranged weapons a weapon for cowards. Means wardens are nothing close to a spartan. Also, spartans were not allowed to flee from battle. If he did, the whole village was allowed to beat him up :P

Good points there. A warden can't match a Spartan soldier, but a quick glance at the warden does make me think about Sparta. And I do think that was where Turbine got the inspiration for warden from.

Rks and Starwars... Now that you mention it, the rk does resemble my Sith Inquisitor a lot.

As to the part about wargs being brave or not; there is a difference between being stupid and being brave. Being brave has nothing to do with dying like a fool over and over again; that's just stupid. However, many freeps project canon fodder wargs as brave, simply because it benefits them to get many kills on those wargs. The logic is that if a freep is able to kill a warg a lot, that warg will be called brave. If the warg escapes, he is a coward. The wonderful logic of people who are upset about dying and not getting kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but you are not exactly something I'd dream of . Point is you cba to level to 95 that's the truth it's easy on creep as you don't have to do anything . As you say you are retired , now 20 levels ago . It takes time and effort to level so when you do that id be happy to listen .
    My mistake. My champ is lvl85, just a wrong typo. And congratulations: it seems you know the "truth" of all even without a clue. You should think before post such ignorant and stupid reply about a choice as if all players do their choices because of the "easy" or the "effort" factor instead of the fun. Maybe you do, I and many others dont. But it was predictable this kind of reply from you. It shows enough.

This thread needs more Locke posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    QQ about QQ?
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    QQ?

No im supposed to answer in such posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    QQ about QQ?
    I dont think i am the one QQing this time.

1. I don't know who you are.
    2. I didn't talk about wargs in that post since they havent been compared to spartans or ninjas etc.
    3. Calm son.
    1.Affwyn
    2.I didnt said you speaked about wargs. Its just funny that a wargs like you calls wardens cowards i just pointed that.
    3.I am calm mommy no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindel- View Post
    My mistake. My champ is lvl85, just a wrong typo. And congratulations: it seems you know the "truth" of all even without a clue. You should think before post such ignorant and stupid reply about a choice as if all players do their choices because of the "easy" or the "effort" factor instead of the fun. Maybe you do, I and many others dont. But it was predictable this kind of reply from you. It shows enough.
    I most certainly don't know the truth of all , you were complaining about the lack of freeps in the moors and couldn't understand why as you are of the view the disparity between morale , mitigations etc etc wasn't that great to justify the same . I disagreed with that and still do , the proof is in the pudding as they say which is why the moors are empty at the moment and indeed will be until the update . I did say that this disparity however was still "fun" . It can still be fun to put effort into anything , levelling 10 levels was fun but requires effort as well . You logged on and hey presto immediate L95 with new and improved skills and then proceed to rabbit on about why freeps don't want to play , giving all the wrong reasons !!

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Hehe. I've read the Silmarillion 10-15 times, it used to be the only book I read for a few years. Unfinished tales, the Hobbit, LOTR and I have a more factual book about ME without any stories, just facts and maps. And believe it or not, my brother (ape/eat) and I regularly discuss lotr seriously. Currently, I am playing Medieval Total War 2, Third Age mod, which is a LOTR mod. Played it a kazillion times, but it's always fun saving Gondor. My brother and I also love playing LOTR Risk, the board game. There as well, my mission is to save Minas Tirith if I am on the good side. My brother has Sting, Anduril and Legolas' knives. When I was younger, I used to have the ME map on the wall so I could study it better.

So, as you see, it really hurts me that this game has been ruined by Turbine, as I am a really, really big fan of LOTR. If it was up to me, I'd play games related to LOTR all day long. But they need to be good.

But I'm sure there is some LOTR stuff I haven't read about, and if there is a warden present there, then I'd be the first to admit I am wrong. But where?

Indeed, it has troubled me. It's been too strong for too long, and very op at times. But the most important part is that it's not in the lore, like the rk. It belongs in the movie "300", along with the warden's other 299 companions. Wardens belong in Sparta, not lotro.

Stop being clueless people, and if you are, don't speak about things you don't know.

Wardens were wardering protectors that would come to aid those who were too weak. It was a way of "life" not a fighting style. The spear n' shield is made by Turbine, but then again most skills from all classes are. (It's a game...) Wardens were mostly elves, but men wardens could exist too. Hobbit wardens make no sense.

Also stoff, if you've read the Silmarillion, you would know that back in the first age there were elves, using the powers of ancient runes. It was briefly mentioned, but I believe it is where the idea was taken from. It wasn't mentioned never again, so it isn't sure if such powers made it 2 ages later. (same goes for elves captains)

So no. So far there are no lore-breaking classes in the game.

Speaking about lore-breaking since when wargs can use nitro and dissapear ? (confused face)

I most certainly don't know the truth of all .... levelling 10 levels was fun but requires effort as well . You logged on and hey presto immediate L95 with new and improved skills and then proceed to rabbit on about why freeps don't want to play , giving all the wrong reasons !!
    Ok ok...I disagree but np we keep the arguing at the lvl105 expansion/update changes...Or Ill send a letter or an e-mail whatever. This is a waste of time..for both of us...Have fun.

levelling 10 levels was fun but requires effort as well.
    This simply isn't true, logged on the other day for the first time on the burglar since update, and it took me exactly 50 min to get 85-95. Your doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Waolas View Post
    This simply isn't true, logged on the other day for the first time on the burglar since update, and it took me exactly 50 min to get 85-95. Your doing it wrong.
    Looking forward to your "10 levels in under an hour " video then , should get plenty of hits on you tube with that one , fame at last !

Looking forward to your "10 levels in under an hour " video then , should get plenty of hits on you tube with that one , fame at last !
    Doubt it, it's a well known way on BW and was surpirsed that none of my kinnies knew about it when i logged on here. Just cause you didn't know it, doesn't make it impossible(guessing that's why you put this snarky comment here).

Doubt it, it's a well known way on BW and was surpirsed that none of my kinnies knew about it when i logged on here. Just cause you didn't know it, doesn't make it impossible(guessing that's why you put this snarky comment here).
    aye it always seems impossible until it's done .....

Speaking about lore-breaking since when wargs can use nitro and dissapear ? (confused face)
    Uhh they are wargs, they are supposed to be fast, they are the cheetahs of the Tolkien world so to speak. They get ridden by orcs ffs (as in; they are fast).
    Main: Krashank Rank 11 Reaver.

Plus Rank10 BA, Rank10 Stalker, Rank7 Defiler & Rank7 Spider.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark-EU View Post
    Uhh they are wargs, they are supposed to be fast, they are the cheetahs of the Tolkien world so to speak. They get ridden by orcs ffs (as in; they are fast).
    And again you miss the whole point.

Edit: Sry gurb i cant log back :\, i will give you a tell when i log back again
    Last edited by paiNz; Dec 12 2013 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    Stop being clueless people, and if you are, don't speak about things you don't know.

Wardens were wardering protectors that would come to aid those who were too weak. It was a way of "life" not a fighting style. The spear n' shield is made by Turbine, but then again most skills from all classes are. (It's a game...) Wardens were mostly elves, but men wardens could exist too. Hobbit wardens make no sense.

Also stoff, if you've read the Silmarillion, you would know that back in the first age there were elves, using the powers of ancient runes. It was briefly mentioned, but I believe it is where the idea was taken from. It wasn't mentioned never again, so it isn't sure if such powers made it 2 ages later. (same goes for elves captains)

So no. So far there are no lore-breaking classes in the game.

That's your interpretation. Rks are widely seen as lorebreakers by the vast majority of the community; your link to lightning bolt-shooting elves is quite far-fetched and not something the community would agree on. Wardens are very debated; there is no trace of wardens in LOTR or Silmarillion. The closest you will get are the Rangers of the North, and they don't look or fight as Spartans (disregarding the javelin). Wardens are inspired by Sparta, and that is a view which seems quite popular amongst community members.

Btw, there are no elves shooting bolts of lightning from their hands in neither Beleriand, Valinor or Middle Earth.

Anyways, you are welcome to have any opinion you like, but your view is not what public opinion agrees upon, more so for rks than wardens. (I did some google searches on this)

That's what Eat told me. He's trying his best NOT to level quickly, trying to follow the Epic without straying off the route, but it's just impossible. He's way ahead of the Epic in level. It seems too easy.

Page 312 of 335 FirstFirst ... 212 262 302 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 322 ... LastLast