We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 311 of 335 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 321 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,775 of 8355
  1. #7751
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    544

  2. #7752
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    914
    I see many creeps using the unmitigated orc-craft and well wrought damage. At this situation when there are about 5 active freeps on moors against lots creeps, it would be a nice act of sportsmanship to use the normal fire/shadow damage. Been quite active on moors the last couple of days and I can barely hold my own against r9+ reavers, getting 12k impales and vital targets on my 15-16k morale pool Not even speaking of the instant MT's and wrath after I hit once. This is not QQ I'm fine with the cards given to me but it would be nice to even stand a chance when solo roaming

    Anyways, let's see what the 12.1 brings to us on 16th.

  3. #7753
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    342
    Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    I see many creeps using the unmitigated orc-craft and well wrought damage. At this situation when there are about 5 active freeps on moors against lots creeps, it would be a nice act of sportsmanship to use the normal fire/shadow damage. Been quite active on moors the last couple of days and I can barely hold my own against r9+ reavers, getting 12k impales and vital targets on my 15-16k morale pool Not even speaking of the instant MT's and wrath after I hit once. This is not QQ I'm fine with the cards given to me but it would be nice to even stand a chance when solo roaming

    Anyways, let's see what the 12.1 brings to us on 16th.
    I feel your pain jure . Badjuanra scored a devastating hit with Improved Vital Target on Machaggis for 12,129 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Then again, WL's and deffys have a pretty rough time at the moment, with their dps being to low to kill a hunter and their heals not enough to outheal hunter dps.

    Thanks to dimetyl for that long 1vs1 this evening (longest i ever had i think).

  4. #7754
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sunset Strip
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    I see many creeps using the unmitigated orc-craft and well wrought damage. At this situation when there are about 5 active freeps on moors against lots creeps, it would be a nice act of sportsmanship to use the normal fire/shadow damage. Been quite active on moors the last couple of days and I can barely hold my own against r9+ reavers, getting 12k impales and vital targets on my 15-16k morale pool Not even speaking of the instant MT's and wrath after I hit once. This is not QQ I'm fine with the cards given to me but it would be nice to even stand a chance when solo roaming

    Anyways, let's see what the 12.1 brings to us on 16th.
    Incoming 23189743941874,5 creeps that will tell you how the situation was the same for them 6 years now. Even though they are just RoR heroes. (Meaning they only played a year, and are now r11+)

    Just wait till the update. Things are better in beta atm.

  5. #7755
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Limmy View Post
    You are simply wrong. They were broken.
    Fantastic argument.


    Quote Originally Posted by Melunielsigh View Post
    Speaking about extremes and god mode classes? May I remind you at period from December 2008 until April 2009.

    Early MOM was start of Extreme PVP misery.

    Remember hunters 1 shooting you from stealth?


    Yeah, I remember that painfully well , but they never even came close to rks, wardens, champions and tanks (and partially minstrels) in more recent periods. Hunters went down, the classes I mentioned wouldn't go down and some could hold half a raid alone, AND get kills.


    Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    Nop. That happened one update later. Warden heals were not scaled when RoI launched. Actually I remember a warden in my kin telling me the heals were on par with a defiler's dps.

    When RoI launched I could tank draigoch on my warden, with a healer on my a$$, and still there were times where spike damage could get me to like 4k. After U6, I could tank draigoch, completelly solo while afk...


    Wardens were broken PvE-wise, but they were on par with other classes in PvP. But I guess that's broken to a warden... hehe
    Last edited by stoffi; Dec 09 2013 at 12:44 AM.

  6. #7756
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Wardens were broken PvE-wise, but they were on par with other classes in PvP. But I guess that's broken to a warden... hehe
    I bet you dont even know 1 gambit or how even the gambit system works and even if you do i bet you are one of the clueless mainstream wargs that hate something because they cant kill it. Please stick with warg posts or at least learn and then post.

  7. #7757
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMacHaggis View Post
    Then again, WL's and deffys have a pretty rough time at the moment, with their dps being to low to kill a hunter and their heals not enough to outheal hunter dps.
    Speaking of that, Anyone want to spar my WL later today? I haven't been properly in the moors since HD because I hate camping even more than I hate being camped ^^ Was about to wait till update 12.1 to see some good action again, but some spars are ok too if it isn't faceroll for freeps or creeps in that spar

  8. #7758
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    Speaking of that, Anyone want to spar my WL later today? I haven't been properly in the moors since HD because I hate camping even more than I hate being camped ^^ Was about to wait till update 12.1 to see some good action again, but some spars are ok too if it isn't faceroll for freeps or creeps in that spar
    I am 88 yet but i wanna try again hopefully ops will be 2-2 now.
    I will send you a tell in game in some hours.

  9. #7759
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Fantastic argument.
    Is yours any better? Spewing random garbage without any form of evidence?

  10. #7760
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMacHaggis View Post
    I feel your pain jure . Badjuanra scored a devastating hit with Improved Vital Target on Machaggis for 12,129 Orc-craft damage to Morale.
    Then again, WL's and deffys have a pretty rough time at the moment, with their dps being to low to kill a hunter and their heals not enough to outheal hunter dps.

    Thanks to dimetyl for that long 1vs1 this evening (longest i ever had i think).

    Thank you, too, mate I re-traited after that battle and was looking for revenge, but you were gone

    From my perspective, defiler currently lacks both dps and healing, now the only good thing is shorter cd of few skills. But that`s only my opinion and I know I don`t play well that class :P

  11. #7761
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by affected7 View Post
    I bet you dont even know 1 gambit or how even the gambit system works and even if you do i bet you are one of the clueless mainstream wargs that hate something because they cant kill it. Please stick with warg posts or at least learn and then post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Limmy View Post
    Is yours any better? Spewing random garbage without any form of evidence?

    Hehe, are you guys the same person or something? Neither of you manage to produce an argument, and both of you hate hate hate hate, flaming all you can instead of actually discussing the topic. If you can't stick to the topic and keep it civil, then don't post at all.


    I'll give you a chance. For what reasons do you think Wardens were broken in PvP? How are my arguments false, disregarding your previous personal insults?




    PS: I have a warden, though I haven't played it in years and it's not above level 30.

  12. #7762
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Hehe, are you guys the same person or something? Neither of you manage to produce an argument, and both of you hate hate hate hate, flaming all you can instead of actually discussing the topic. If you can't stick to the topic and keep it civil, then don't post at all.


    I'll give you a chance. For what reasons do you think Wardens were broken in PvP? How are my arguments false, disregarding your previous personal insults?




    PS: I have a warden, though I haven't played it in years and it's not above level 30.
    No offence Stoff but having a L30 warden that you haven't played in eons qualifies you for absolutely nothing . You shouldn't even begin to question Affy , he has nothing to prove or do really . There are few wardens above R7 , I think that says a number of things , it's a hard class to play probably being the dominant reason. Get it right and it can be devastatingly powerful . I have levelled mine to 95 but haven't been on him much recently . I didn't enjoy the extra ten levels , the new skills are interesting but not that gripping that I love it . Bleeds seem powerful again but it takes too long to get them up and by that time the fight is usually over . I can't comment on tank wardens I've never traited shield as I just loathe tanking , I have no intentions of changing either preferring the spear line or assailment . I do think that the melee line is the better line but I haven't really tried it yet . It seems power hungry but no doubt it's powerful .


    The warden forum is deplete of anything nice being said about the changes yet , we shall see what the update brings and whether wardens are truly back in a dark place or ready to dominate yet again .


    Have only been in the moors with my burg , it's a lot of fun really even though freeps are outgunned , out everything at the moment . Those creeps using orccraft are kidding themselves really . It won't last and the moors are pretty deserted because of it so I can only say you only have yourselves to blame . As if the huge difference in morale and the audacity bug isn't enough you have to use a damage type incapable of being mitigated . It's not payback as it won't last so enjoy your somewhat brief period of running around like headless chickens looking for fights in an empty moors .

  13. #7763
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sunset Strip
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    I'll give you a chance. For what reasons do you think Wardens were broken in PvP? How are my arguments false, disregarding your previous personal insults?
    I could write a wall-of-text explaining the exact reasons why wardens were completelly broken in both pve and pvp when RoI launched, but I won't, because we both know that no matter what I write, deep inside you are still gonna believe they were broken.

  14. #7764
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by affected7 View Post
    buttlicking other wargs .
    Affy come on that's what Wargs do buttlick and sniff each other .

  15. #7765
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    No offence Stoff but having a L30 warden that you haven't played in eons qualifies you for absolutely nothing . You shouldn't even begin to question Affy , he has nothing to prove or do really . There are few wardens above R7 , I think that says a number of things , it's a hard class to play probably being the dominant reason. Get it right and it can be devastatingly powerful . I have levelled mine to 95 but haven't been on him much recently . I didn't enjoy the extra ten levels , the new skills are interesting but not that gripping that I love it . Bleeds seem powerful again but it takes too long to get them up and by that time the fight is usually over . I can't comment on tank wardens I've never traited shield as I just loathe tanking , I have no intentions of changing either preferring the spear line or assailment . I do think that the melee line is the better line but I haven't really tried it yet . It seems power hungry but no doubt it's powerful .

    Question what?

    This? "I bet you dont even know 1 gambit or how even the gambit system works and even if you do i bet you are one of the clueless mainstream wargs that hate something because they cant kill it. Please stick with warg posts or at least learn and then post. "

    There isn't an argument to question amongst Affwyn's many words. He elegantly skips any arguments and goes all in on personal attacks instead, just like Limmy. It is impossible to take that post seriously.



    Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    I could write a wall-of-text explaining the exact reasons why wardens were completelly broken in both pve and pvp when RoI launched, but I won't, because we both know that no matter what I write, deep inside you are still gonna believe they were broken.

    I've already said that Wardens seemed completely broken PvE-wise back then, due to their heals being messed up and etc. But wardens also have spear mode, and spear mode was very much viable back then. I especially remember a warden (he was a nice and quite offensive guy, don't remember his name anymore) who fought around old EC at that time (because that was where most fighting was just then) . I watched from stealth (and participated) as he fought high ranked creeps on several occasions. He was on par with good reavers and others.

    I'll give you, he was no longer godmode, but hardly broken in spear mode.


    I'm just telling you what I saw, and also what was being talked about in this thread back then. Wardens sure didn't seem broken to me (PvP-wise).

  16. #7766
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    364
    Warden might have been broken in the past, and might have not been broken in the past, people have different opinions about that, but that doesn't matter, because that's in the past now..

    The warden of today is broken though, you might want to call it broken in a good and bad way (in the warden's perspective).. pvp wise it's broken in a bit OP way, because of the bleeds which are unmitigated. Pve wise it is broken in a bad way because of the bad way a warden needs to get threat while tanking.

  17. #7767
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Have only been in the moors with my burg , it's a lot of fun really even though freeps are outgunned , out everything at the moment . Those creeps using orccraft are kidding themselves really . It won't last and the moors are pretty deserted because of it so I can only say you only have yourselves to blame . As if the huge difference in morale and the audacity bug isn't enough you have to use a damage type incapable of being mitigated . It's not payback as it won't last so enjoy your somewhat brief period of running around like headless chickens looking for fights in an empty moors .
    I really dont understand this post and several others here because I went to EM last 2 days, one hour each day, and things were not as bad as freep players tell here. Starting from the point Im a decent player not the best but not the worst I must say:

    - The creeps morale doubles - plus a little % - the good geared freeps morale now: I have a 58k reaver and the freeps Ive found were around 20/25k morale, some with buffs, others without.
    - The freeps grouped with dps and healers got more kills than deaths facing a creep group with the same numbers and if the freeps retreated sometimes was not a retreat but just more tactical choice, being killed only 1 or 2 freeps of that group on the usual grams/lug back.
    - Freeps dps from hunters and RK - talking about good geared ones - are far superior to my reaver, outstanding the morales difference %. the impale story is nice but people talk about impale as reavers got all hits devastating and a 3k from all hits its common. But Rks and hunters +3k hits are common as the usual 6/7/8k epic conclusion burning me down wasy at range. The QQ about orc craft etc is non sense since the Rks and hunters dps - talking about the few good geared ones I found - in general triples the damage I do with my skills - and people claim about mitigations? audacity? . I know freeps are used to hit hard and laugh about creeps dps but even if some creeps classes hit hard now its not reason to talk as you are soloing a 1 zilion mob one shooting you.
    - The new hunter traps are great, and their new ability to use their skills while running too - without inductions? - , if I dont charge asap and catch a well played hunter and keep the contact, Im dead. TY Del twice. But of course there are hunters who I kill easily and why? Because they are not well played or not top geared atm. If some freep classes can kill my reaver why all freeps playing that classes can't ? the answer is easy: some freeps know how to play and others don't.

    Yes creeps are stronger now, but they are well killable if you dont believe ask to your fellow freeps who already play in EM and get more kills than deaths. Get a group, mix the group with healers and dps and you will earn nice renown. Or make a duo. If in 1v1 creeps outstand, im sure most of freep duo combos can outsand a creep duo or trio...well played and good geared it is.

    just my 2 cents. See you later.
    Last edited by Corlindel-; Dec 10 2013 at 08:59 AM.

  18. #7768
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Glohir View Post
    Warden might have been broken in the past, and might have not been broken in the past, people have different opinions about that, but that doesn't matter, because that's in the past now..

    The warden of today is broken though, you might want to call it broken in a good and bad way (in the warden's perspective).. pvp wise it's broken in a bit OP way, because of the bleeds which are unmitigated. Pve wise it is broken in a bad way because of the bad way a warden needs to get threat while tanking.
    Perhaps this would be a good time to remove warden from the game, seeing as it seems very hard to sync it with the rest of the game with every major update, and the fact that the class has NOTHING to do with lotr. And when one removes wardens, rks surely should follow so that Tolkien can finally lie still in his grave.

  19. #7769
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlindel- View Post
    I really dont understand this post and several others here because I went to EM last 2 days, one hour each day, and things were not as bad as freep players tell here. Starting from the point Im a decent player not the best but not the worst I must say:

    - The creeps morale doubles - plus a little % - the good geared freeps morale now: I have a 58k reaver and the freeps Ive found were around 20/25k morale, some with buffs, others without.
    - The freeps grouped with dps and healers got more kills than deaths facing a creep group with the same numbers and if the freeps retreated sometimes was not a retreat but just more tactical choice, being killed only 1 or 2 freeps of that group on the usual grams/lug back.
    - Freeps dps from hunters and RK - talking about good geared ones - are far superior to my reaver, outstanding the morales difference %. the impale story is nice but people talk about impale as reavers got all hits devastating and a 3k from all hits its common. But Rks and hunters +3k hits are common as the usual 6/7/8k epic conclusion burning me down wasy at range. The QQ about orc craft etc is non sense since the Rks and hunters dps - talking about the few good geared ones I found - in general triples the damage I do with my skills - and people claim about mitigations? audacity? . I know freeps are used to hit hard and laugh about creeps dps but even if some creeps classes hit hard now its not reason to talk as you are soloing a 1 zilion mob one shooting you.
    - The new hunter traps are great, and their new ability to use their skills while running too - without inductions? - , if I dont charge asap and catch a well played hunter and keep the contact, Im dead. TY Del twice. But of course there are hunters who I kill easily and why? Because they are not well played or not top geared atm. If some freep classes can kill my reaver why all freeps playing that classes can't ? the answer is easy: some freeps know how to play and others don't.

    Yes creeps are stronger now, but they are well killable if you dont believe ask to your fellow freeps who already play in EM and get more kills than deaths. Get a group, mix the group with healers and dps and you will earn nice renown. Or make a duo. If in 1v1 creeps outstand, im sure most of freep duo combos can outsand a creep duo or trio...well played and good geared it is.

    just my 2 cents. See you later.
    I did actually say it was fun but speak to most freeps and they won't go to the moors now until the update . I haven't seen your champion running around looking for fights either ? . No doubt your choice as well .

    Jureon made the point that with the advantage , you most certainly possess , you really don't need orccraft etc . I attacked a BA with 57 k morale , soon a reaver turns up with 10k more morale and hits me with blade toss and you've guessed it "orccraft " damage . Do you seriously think I'm going to hang around ? . Would you ?

    I agree with groups it makes great fun , that's what I said but it will change . The moors are empty at the moment , even you accept that so why do you think that is ? Not everyone is lucky enough to be able to get into the groups I get into so I figure that they just don't want it .

    A kinmate of mine said he wouldn't go back until the update , go figure . I hear that a lot .....
    Last edited by Tirn; Dec 10 2013 at 02:59 PM.

  20. #7770
    I actually like these changes (exept the bugged dmg type) but otherwise I think it´s fine. My r5 champ well geared and traited struggled to kill a r6 warg as it schould be. It kinda feels like ranks matters again not like in RoR where any decent geared freep could faceroll everything.

    We will have an other year of grams camp after update 12.1 when freeps get their audacity gear/improved dps and creeps gets nothing but nerfs.

    P&L
    Lokaren

    P.S Yes wardens has been broken acording to me and it´s getting even worse after 12.1 with 4k bleeds that can´t be mitigated... lovely... P.S

  21. #7771
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Sunset Strip
    Posts
    820
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Perhaps this would be a good time to remove warden from the game, seeing as it seems very hard to sync it with the rest of the game with every major update, and the fact that the class has NOTHING to do with lotr. And when one removes wardens, rks surely should follow so that Tolkien can finally lie still in his grave.
    Buahahahahaah...

    I bet you have only seen the Lotr movies along with the hobbit and think that's the only Middle earth lore.

  22. #7772
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Perhaps this would be a good time to remove warden from the game, seeing as it seems very hard to sync it with the rest of the game with every major update, and the fact that the class has NOTHING to do with lotr. And when one removes wardens, rks surely should follow so that Tolkien can finally lie still in his grave.
    demonstrating that your knowledge of Tolkien is limited . May the warden be the bane of your class , indeed it clearly troubles you

  23. #7773
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    I haven't seen your champion running around looking for fights either ? . No doubt your choice as well .
    Only in dreams you would see. My choice was made early this year in February when I retired my champ from pvp and left freep side to play my rusty creep alts again.

    And only made 130/140k renown, playing casually/semi retired, since I got rank 12 in SOM, more than 2 years ago iirc.

    Ah And my champ is level 75 and unsubscribed/premium. But I assure you, if I could I would be playing my lvl75 champ in EM this few days before next update.

    Cya
    Last edited by Corlindel-; Dec 10 2013 at 06:42 PM.

  24. #7774
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    441
    Quote Originally Posted by Corlindel- View Post
    Only in dreams you would see. My choice was made early this year in February when I retired my champ from pvp and left freep side to play my rusty creep alts again.

    And only made 130/140k renown, playing casually/semi retired, since I got rank 12 in SOM, more than 2 years ago iirc.

    Ah And my champ is level 75 and unsubscribed/premium. But I assure you, if I could I would be playing my lvl75 champ in EM this few days before next update.

    Cya
    Sorry to burst your bubble but you are not exactly something I'd dream of . Point is you cba to level to 95 that's the truth it's easy on creep as you don't have to do anything . As you say you are retired , now 20 levels ago . It takes time and effort to level so when you do that id be happy to listen .

  25. #7775
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelloweyedemon View Post
    Buahahahahaah...

    I bet you have only seen the Lotr movies along with the hobbit and think that's the only Middle earth lore.

    Hehe. I've read the Silmarillion 10-15 times, it used to be the only book I read for a few years. Unfinished tales, the Hobbit, LOTR and I have a more factual book about ME without any stories, just facts and maps. And believe it or not, my brother (ape/eat) and I regularly discuss lotr seriously. Currently, I am playing Medieval Total War 2, Third Age mod, which is a LOTR mod. Played it a kazillion times, but it's always fun saving Gondor. My brother and I also love playing LOTR Risk, the board game. There as well, my mission is to save Minas Tirith if I am on the good side. My brother has Sting, Anduril and Legolas' knives. When I was younger, I used to have the ME map on the wall so I could study it better.

    So, as you see, it really hurts me that this game has been ruined by Turbine, as I am a really, really big fan of LOTR. If it was up to me, I'd play games related to LOTR all day long. But they need to be good.


    But I'm sure there is some LOTR stuff I haven't read about, and if there is a warden present there, then I'd be the first to admit I am wrong. But where?


    Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    demonstrating that your knowledge of Tolkien is limited . May the warden be the bane of your class , indeed it clearly troubles you
    Indeed, it has troubled me. It's been too strong for too long, and very op at times. But the most important part is that it's not in the lore, like the rk. It belongs in the movie "300", along with the warden's other 299 companions. Wardens belong in Sparta, not lotro.

 

 
Page 311 of 335 FirstFirst ... 211 261 301 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload