We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 272 of 335 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 282 322 ... LastLast
Results 6,776 to 6,800 of 8355
    Quote Originally Posted by Retarius View Post
    Proper PvPers laugh at keyboard-turning.
    Glad I'm no proper PVPer then.. laughing at people reveals the laugher's stupidity.

Dingu

Proper PvPers do not play LoTRO
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Think this Thread needs a little bit of this.
    [center][color=orange]Razzy[/color]|[color=gold]Guardian[/color]|[color=purple]Rank13[/color]|[color=red]Rasburz[/color]|[color=darkred]Warleader[/color]|[color=green]Rank11[/color][/center][center][color=orange][/center][/color][color=orange][center]"Come back with your Shield, Or on it."[/color][/center][center][color=red]Shield-Walling Delotha since 1968.[/color][/center][color=orange][center]Temporary Leader of Fenris (Waiting for Del to come back from the land of Souvlaki.)[/center][/color]

Poor Nargai, you must be laughing at him constantly.....
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Quote Originally Posted by giboosc View Post
    Proper PvPers do not play LoTRO
    This.

Lotro PvMP is not competitive or not really skill based. It is merely something that people play for fun.
    I'd seek proper PvPers from different games.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    This.

Lotro PvMP is not competitive or not really skill based. It is merely something that people play for fun.
    I'd seek proper PvPers from different games.
    The skill based aspect diminished greatly with the introduction of the store.

Counter Strike or Starcraft are proper skill based games. Most of the 'best' players of the Moors I know of would not be capable of playing those games very well, because no amount of money or stats can affect the outcome. The best win, the worst lose.

So, two freeps tried to gank me at LC HS during spar time. One fled, the other ended up dead.

Please don't try to gank me 2v1 at spars.

Edit: Good fights everyone else. Sorry to refuse you in the end, Kees, but you fought well and didn't really deserve to be farmed over and over.

Also, wardens and Lrms shouldn't even bother coming to spars, much less against a WL. I'd do about as well against a Lrm with water lore as a R0 freaver.
    Last edited by Squelcher; Jul 19 2013 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Sorry to refuse you in the end, Kees, but you fought well and didn't really deserve to be farmed over and over.
    You changed build after defeat, right? ;>

When i grow up i will pwnya!
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Quote Originally Posted by giboosc View Post
    You changed build after defeat, right? ;>

When i grow up i will pwnya!
    Kind of. I had been traited for grouping at that point, so I went back and traited Menacing Roar and Black Speech, neither of which make a huge difference.

It was just bad luck that I didn't crit very much in that particular fight.

A word to everyone :

If you get killed.. and it pisses you off so much it makes you hate the other person or be unkind to that person.. get OUT of the Ettenmoors.. it's no place for you.

furthermore

1) if you get killed, think this: you are that other person's nice ending of a &&&&ty day. (I believe BD members have a lot of those )
    2) if you win, get ready for revenge, because someone would like to even the score.

Special thanks to the stealthed Level 79 hunter at EC -- you're awesome -- can't believe I couldn't get my revenge any faster.

cheers.

Dingu

Smile To take or not to take ?

There was an interesting discussion in freep ooc the other day , it revolved around a core concept of the new ettenmoors ie the ops .

"To take or not to take , that is the question , whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and in doing so oppose them ? ."

I quietly pondered the question after a QQ in ooc from two fairly well known creeps , their insistence we should always have 2 each (at the time it was 4 blue) . I questioned this response as after all it is easy to solo an op . "Just take it" I stated . The response was quite staggering , " we cba and it actually discourages pvp" , a response that surprised me as we (freeps) were being accused of killing pvp for the sake of pve . A lazy arrogance ?

If there are to be rules to preserve Gilrains integrity then so be it , regardless of silly personal dislikes I'd welcome it but perhaps that's me being naive

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    after all it is easy to solo an op .
    Maybe it is easy for freeps to solo an OP but for creeps it takes ages.Every single freep can solo an OP, but as creep only wargs and reavers can do that, if they are on proper rank. Creeps dont have much numbers and we cba to go out and try to solo an OP every 5 minutes. We are here to PvP , not to flip OPs allday long or anything.
    I've blackened the sun and I've bloodied the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Makawulf View Post
    Maybe it is easy for freeps to solo an OP but for creeps it takes ages.Every single freep can solo an OP, but as creep only wargs and reavers can do that, if they are on proper rank. Creeps dont have much numbers and we cba to go out and try to solo an OP every 5 minutes. We are here to PvP , not to flip OPs allday long or anything.
    To take an OP on Warg, you need Flayer. As it is, with flayer, it still takes me about 8 minutes to take the OP. Of which at least 4 minutes I'm running around the OP.

And that is a BIG window of opportunity for freeps to come kill you.

When I lead a wargpack, one of the things I do with the group is flip an OP.. to check DPS. It's a nice meter of performance.

Current record : 23 seconds -- but that just depends on numbers of course.

Dingu
    Easymoder

I can take OPs on spider so I'm pretty sure other spiders can too. But cause it takes so long then the risk of getting caught is great and therefore not worth the risk. To be honest I dunno why freeps obsess about having the OPs, they don't even need one never mind 4 of them. When freeps have all 4 their DPS becomes bananas, when creeps have all the OPs you wouldn't even notice a difference. To be honest I wish they would do away with all the EM buffs as they only benefit the side that is strongest at the time, which 95% of the time is freeps just now.
    -----------------------------Scumbags tribe--------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Romper View Post
    I can take OPs on spider so I'm pretty sure other spiders can too. But cause it takes so long then the risk of getting caught is great and therefore not worth the risk. To be honest I dunno why freeps obsess about having the OPs, they don't even need one never mind 4 of them. When freeps have all 4 their DPS becomes bananas, when creeps have all the OPs you wouldn't even notice a difference. To be honest I wish they would do away with all the EM buffs as they only benefit the side that is strongest at the time, which 95% of the time is freeps just now.
    I've said this a million times but I don't mind repeating it because I see there is a lot of ignorance about the fact. Damage wise, the OPs benefit A LOT more creeps than freeps. Freeps have huge diminishing returns when mastery is over 30 something thousand. Given that creeps usually have between 0 and 5k mastery with no OPs, the damage they get out of them is very high.

The way OPs benefit freeps is by letting them stack defensive stats.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rNA52C7.jpg[/IMG]

Waaha R10 Reaver, Tardleader R9 War-Leader, Wargtard R7 Warg
    Fellagund R5 Warden, Eldelcar R4 Lore-Master, Cadwolf R3 Captain, Eldelband R2 Minstrel

There was an interesting discussion in freep ooc the other day , it revolved around a core concept of the new ettenmoors ie the ops .

"To take or not to take , that is the question , whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune or to take arms against a sea of troubles and in doing so oppose them ? ."

I quietly pondered the question after a QQ in ooc from two fairly well known creeps , their insistence we should always have 2 each (at the time it was 4 blue) . I questioned this response as after all it is easy to solo an op . "Just take it" I stated . The response was quite staggering , " we cba and it actually discourages pvp" , a response that surprised me as we (freeps) were being accused of killing pvp for the sake of pve . A lazy arrogance ?

If there are to be rules to preserve Gilrains integrity then so be it , regardless of silly personal dislikes I'd welcome it but perhaps that's me being naive
    The issue was when there was a small group of creeps around, i think 5 or 6, you wanted the blue op's to which myself, belegardo and tarm was stating it puts off small group play and discourages pvp. Like i keep saying, when the op's are 2-2 and not much action, people are more willing to go out, where as when it's 4 blue op's they are less likely to do so.
    When i said i cba taking op's you missed out the fact i said i cba taking 10+ op's every time im on to even it up. It's ok you saying its easy to take op's or just map and retake them, when we do take 1 back it is more than often flipped back moments later.
    The problem with op's is the buffs, we all know that and they need to go, but keeping them blue all the time DOES discourage pvp and takes people away from fighting to flip them back.
    Turbine have not done anything to help the moors but we can't blame them for everything, we as players need to take some sort of responsibility for how things go in the moors, it is us that decide the action and where the fights are after all.
    Have fun, cya out there
    Lor.
    [URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Martwen/media/sha2l_zpsbf9a8b2a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/sha2l_zpsbf9a8b2a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[Shalbor-R6 RK] [Loritz-R8 BA] [Spidersense-R9 Weaver]

It's true that creeps can solo OPs, but if I were to solo an OP on my WL it would take at least 10 minutes, where many freeps can do them in less than 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelcar View Post
    I've said this a million times but I don't mind repeating it because I see there is a lot of ignorance about the fact. Damage wise, the OPs benefit A LOT more creeps than freeps. Freeps have huge diminishing returns when mastery is over 30 something thousand. Given that creeps usually have between 0 and 5k mastery with no OPs, the damage they get out of them is very high.

The way OPs benefit freeps is by letting them stack defensive stats.
    42k if memory serves
    Shakuru scored a devastating hit on Retarius for 8,094 Scottish damage to morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Limmy View Post
    42k if memory serves
    At around 32k the straight line turns into a curve. At 40k it's like you are almost losing damage by getting more mastery.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rNA52C7.jpg[/IMG]

Waaha R10 Reaver, Tardleader R9 War-Leader, Wargtard R7 Warg
    Fellagund R5 Warden, Eldelcar R4 Lore-Master, Cadwolf R3 Captain, Eldelband R2 Minstrel

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Shalbor View Post
    The issue was when there was a small group of creeps around, i think 5 or 6, you wanted the blue op's to which myself, belegardo and tarm was stating it puts off small group play and discourages pvp. Like i keep saying, when the op's are 2-2 and not much action, people are more willing to go out, where as when it's 4 blue op's they are less likely to do so.
    When i said i cba taking op's you missed out the fact i said i cba taking 10+ op's every time im on to even it up. It's ok you saying its easy to take op's or just map and retake them, when we do take 1 back it is more than often flipped back moments later.
    The problem with op's is the buffs, we all know that and they need to go, but keeping them blue all the time DOES discourage pvp and takes people away from fighting to flip them back.
    Turbine have not done anything to help the moors but we can't blame them for everything, we as players need to take some sort of responsibility for how things go in the moors, it is us that decide the action and where the fights are after all.
    Have fun, cya out there
    Lor.
    Whether we had 1, 2 or indeed all 4 Ops isnt something that has ever troubled me . Bel asked why all four ops were Blue ? , there was little if any activity and I will repeat my response that no one was stopping the creeps taking any of them . If you cba due to op wars or whatever then that's fine however it's Ironic I suppose that the original concept of the Ops was actually to encourage pvp . I will take an op if I'm bored usually and there is nothing else to do , I'd rather stay in the moors if there's a chance of a few fights even though to pass time ill have to do a bit of Pve . This doesn't imply that I'd rather pve as you suggested , on the contrary my entire raison d'etre for being in the moors is pvp . If I wanted differently I'd travel to Harwick see the chap there then on to the new mind numbingly boring region .

Creeps these days travel in groups , usually three or more , you should be able to take an op quickly and move on . Most days I see this , however seeing you take an op is an indication to me of activity it doesn't mean I'm going to flip it back , I wouldn't really

Creeps these days travel in groups , usually three or more , you should be able to take an op quickly and move on . Most days I see this , however seeing you take an op is an indication to me of activity it doesn't mean I'm going to flip it back , I wouldn't really
    We do do that, but when you are stuck in Grams and there is a travelling circus of store monkeys bent on having an OP advantage, we find ourselves having to flip every OP several times.

It gets very boring.

Some days I solo OP's 6-7+ times a day. Thats why I pvp, to solo OP's. I can't wait to map to the OP's and spend all day flipping OP's instead of getting infamy and kb's.
    [center][IMG]http://i1057.photobucket.com/albums/t393/grapsn/1013265_608478239173945_469554244_n_zpsc9ae7993.jpg[/IMG] [/center]

Hear me bark!

If there are to be rules to preserve Gilrains integrity then so be it , regardless of silly personal dislikes I'd welcome it but perhaps that's me being naive[/QUOTE]

Sadly people rode on the back of bd etc for months, botting etc etc, grams etc etc, blue map, not coming out when creeps have dof boss etc etc, the transfers will be back soon, after speaking to a lot of creeps, u can expect a fair few to leave, which leaves your mates with a few options, log in creep, which many wont do, 10k zap zap etc etc, our server gets smaller and smaller, constant jib on ooc from freavers, not a great place considering how &&&& pvp is for creeps atm, regards.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322101000015b8c1/signature.png]Doctorwolf[/charsig]

A short translation of last night's conversation on Regional:

A group of 15 monster-players are planning to move to Gilrain. All ranks 10 and beyond, and 1 rank 15.
    They're french-speaking, but some of them also understand English.

He asked me if Freeps were ruling the server -- I told him that Freeps rule the server when BD is on -- the rest of the time, Creeps rule -- which he liked, because he didn't want to go to a server where Creeps were already on the upper hand anyway.

(this is the point where someone said I was QQing -- it's praise ffs)

So: Good news for both sides.

BD.. you might get some more challenges
    Creeps.. we may be getting new allies

Dingu

Making BD feel like they're ruling this server is giving them an electronic &&&&& everytime. Which is fortunate for them as they can't grow one IRL yet. I never see or will ever see BD as a bigger threat than any other Freep and I count none of BD among the best in their class...oke maybe Legiton... Anyways, it's true there's a fair few Freeps who have joined BD this year or have stuck their tongue up BD's "leaders" arses and profited from the "fear" they spread. I'm about done with Creeps QQ'ing on OOC how when one of them is in the moors Freeps suddenly seem a lot more threatening, although they're just as OP as ever. Or how OOC turns out to be main action if one of them logs to Creep and starts, succesfully, baiting.

The information about the French guys is interesting, some new high ranked blood on Creepside would be more than welcomed, as most of Gilrain's high ranked creeps will be gone once transfers come up.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Page 272 of 335 FirstFirst ... 172 222 262 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 282 322 ... LastLast