We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 259 of 335 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 269 309 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,475 of 8355
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Much like there are burgs using FF in spars on a WL's first shield bash, and hunters trying to flee even when a full raid is on them and escape is impossible, and champs using sprint with smashed legs.
    True, but so far I havent seen a champ over rank 6 using sprint with broken legs I've seen 3 rank 10 BA's using MT with broken legs (after falling) in last week..another proof that rank means nothing since RoR.
    [IMG]http://p1.pichost.me/i/60/1839865.jpg[/IMG]
    Alakin - R15 Hunter | Alazergbear - R12 Beorning | Heisenzerg - R10 Minstrel | Juventina - R8 Champion
    Springsteen R8 WL | Mariobalotelli R8 BA | Pogba R8 Spider

I find it very distasteful to log your creep/freep and fish for 'juicy' comments in an otherwise very quite and lazy /ooc ,provoke them even,only to log back to the 'other' side 5-10mins later to copy/paste the lines that you know will cause the most controversy and hate towards the person that said/typed them.

Posting said lines at the forum,is even lower.Even though you didnt mention names Kees,in a community as small as Gilrain, you know that you dont really have to.You will be asked in creep /ooc and you will reply, or said person will come forward anyway,because,for better or for worse, he is not really the type to let these things pass.

I like to believe that this wasnt your intention Kees.Nevermind the fact that what was said ,was said along other things ,and taken out of context,but Im struggling to find whats the point of your post.To cause hate towards a certain person?(Think he's got enough of that already).To 'expose' the bad freeps and their ill manners against the opposition?(Freeps werent even talking in /ooc at that time,and Im pretty sure creeps' hatred for freeps doesnt need any fueling).The mind boggles as dear dharma would say.

And before all you creeps in uproar start posting gifs and pot,kettle,black comments in various forms ,consider how many times have you posted something in your /ooc that if transferred out of context to the forum ,would cause massive hate from the other side.My bet is on more than once.
    [IMG]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2434/q08t.jpg[/IMG]

Delotha, AKA "Delo,AKA "Paps",AKA "Dat Nub again".Killing action since 1952

Quote Originally Posted by Alakin93 View Post
    True, but so far I havent seen a champ over rank 6 using sprint with broken legs I've seen 3 rank 10 BA's using MT with broken legs (after falling) in last week..another proof that rank means nothing since RoR.
    Rank still means something, just less than it used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Delotha View Post
    I find it very distasteful to log your creep/freep and fish for 'juicy' comments in an otherwise very quite and lazy /ooc ,provoke them even,only to log back to the 'other' side 5-10mins later to copy/paste the lines that you know will cause the most controversy and hate towards the person that said/typed them.
    Cmon Delo, i loged freep to play it, not for arguing or flaming. But when i see something like "Lots of Girlains creeps transfered to Snowy and teached creeps how to QQ" i cant be quiet.

I didnt say anything on creep OOC, no worries.

Posting said lines at the forum,is even lower.Even though you didnt mention names Kees,in a community as small as Gilrain, you know that you dont really have to.You will be asked in creep /ooc and you will reply, or said person will come forward anyway,because,for better or for worse, he is not really the type to let these things pass.
    Im not, and never was intrested in personal attacks.

I like to believe that this wasnt your intention Kees.Nevermind the fact that what was said ,was said along other things ,and taken out of context,but Im struggling to find whats the point of your post.To cause hate towards a certain person?(Think he's got enough of that already).To 'expose' the bad freeps and their ill manners against the opposition?(Freeps werent even talking in /ooc at that time,and Im pretty sure creeps' hatred for freeps doesnt need any fueling).The mind boggles as dear dharma would say.

And before all you creeps in uproar start posting gifs and pot,kettle,black comments in various forms ,consider how many times have you posted something in your /ooc that if transferred out of context to the forum ,would cause massive hate from the other side.My bet is on more than once.
    It was not "out of context". We talked about balance and freep OPness, and that is what i heard as an answer.

Starting flame war was not my intention, i was just p*ssed off. Next responce on 'freeps are OP' was 'So what?'.
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    The more people use it, the more common it'll become. People who do not wish to use a TS could find themselves becoming alienated.

There is also the issue that some people simply prefer not to use voice chat.
    Team Speak does have a chat aswell, so if some people dont want to talk thats not a problem. But tbh, change creep OOC full of trolls and spies for a TS server that will allow better communication, worth it, in my opinion.

Another thing is to decide who should be an admin and how many admins etc etc
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

Badjuanra R12 (BA), Adbulhassan R9 (STK), Fatjuanra R9 (WL)

Fun night for all sides I hope, no grams pew pew, squelcher had 2k rating when he logged and seems to have lost it, big thk u to freeps who let creeps have more op's and tbh it made a better evening for all, will be looking on daily stats site 2moro and hopefully a lot of big numbers on creeps and freeps sides, was a most enjoyable evening, sleep well all hum squelcher's 2k rating seems to have come back, lucky tatty's maybe, nn all
    Last edited by lfeanor; Jun 22 2013 at 07:32 PM.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322101000015b8c1/signature.png]Doctorwolf[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Juanra View Post
    Team Speak does have a chat aswell, so if some people dont want to talk thats not a problem. But tbh, change creep OOC full of trolls and spies for a TS server that will allow better communication, worth it, in my opinion.

Another thing is to decide who should be an admin and how many admins etc etc
    You didn't comment on the other negative sides to TS. And btw, unless one has 2 screens, chatting in TS would be very time-consuming and hard to do. In other words, it won't happen unless you're afk at grams.

TS is very dangerous to a community. The admins will be legislators, judges and executioners. In other words, dictators who can do what they see fit. Power often corrupts and misuse of that power is likely to happen, or simply that the admins are poor judges. And when that happens, some poor guy or girl will be forced to leave Gilrain because an admin in an eye blink took away all his possibilities of interaction, grouping and raiding on Gilrain. And you can be damn sure it will happen many times. The admins would basically act as Turbine staff, banning people from the server at will. That's not something any of us should embrace. It should be up to each and every one of us if we want to boycot someone, unless Turbine says otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    You didn't comment on the other negative sides to TS. And btw, unless one has 2 screens, chatting in TS would be very time-consuming and hard to do. In other words, it won't happen unless you're afk at grams.
    You can still use creep ooc, tribe chat or any other channel crated to talk to people if you want. Thats not incompatible with TS.

TS is very dangerous to a community. The admins will be legislators, judges and executioners. In other words, dictators who can do what they see fit. Power often corrupts and misuse of that power is likely to happen, or simply that the admins are poor judges. And when that happens, some poor guy or girl will be forced to leave Gilrain because an admin in an eye blink took away all his possibilities of interaction, grouping and raiding on Gilrain.
    There are many ways to prevent that from happening.
    [IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/juan_zps65bf8663.jpg[/IMG]

You can still use creep ooc, tribe chat or any other channel crated to talk to people if you want. Thats not incompatible with TS.

There are many ways to prevent that from happening.
    How? Have you ever heard of or met a dictator who did NOT abuse his power? On Elendilmir, unless you are on TS, or allowed on TS, you can just forget about grouping up with anyone but your friend or tribe. And most likely, your tribe will be on TS, and you can't be with them because you don't have TS.
    And in any case, if half the server was on TS, and the other half didn't want to use TS or weren't allowed on TS, we'd have two parallell societies on Gilrain, something our small community can't take. That depends, of course, many use TS or Vent today, but if that one half on TS/Vent insists on raiding with TS/Vent, then the society is divided in two.

Also, who would be let into TS/Vent? And who would be denied? Would you deny certain people who troll certain others on your TS? I have a list of ignored players, ignored from ooc. That means they can still interact with the society, just not with me. I don't think I should have the power to exclude individuals from the community just because they annoy me. An admin would do just that, and rob them of all interaction on Gilrain.
    Also, what if the troll only trolled non-important TS-members and were friends with the admins? Then TS would be unbearable for the trolled players, and they would be the ones who would be excluded from the community.

I don't want Gilrain to be run by dictators/admins. Not even myself.
    Last edited by stoffi; Jun 23 2013 at 05:39 AM.

Thank to creeps and freeps for yesterday! Was really good for the whole day!
    Baronth - Alemis - Aipod - Alessandro - Talyla - Viyle | Ombra e Fiamma - [Gilrain]

Retired

How? Have you ever heard of or met a dictator who did NOT abuse his power? On Elendilmir, unless you are on TS, or allowed on TS, you can just forget about grouping up with anyone but your friend or tribe. And most likely, your tribe will be on TS, and you can't be with them because you don't have TS.
    And in any case, if half the server was on TS, and the other half didn't want to use TS or weren't allowed on TS, we'd have two parallell societies on Gilrain, something our small community can't take. That depends, of course, many use TS or Vent today, but if that one half on TS/Vent insists on raiding with TS/Vent, then the society is divided in two.

Also, who would be let into TS/Vent? And who would be denied? Would you deny certain people who troll certain others on your TS? I have a list of ignored players, ignored from ooc. That means they can still interact with the society, just not with me. I don't think I should have the power to exclude individuals from the community just because they annoy me. An admin would do just that, and rob them of all interaction on Gilrain.
    Also, what if the troll only trolled non-important TS-members and were friends with the admins? Then TS would be unbearable for the trolled players, and they would be the ones who would be excluded from the community.

I don't want Gilrain to be run by dictators/admins. Not even myself.
    You are talking about dictators like theres gonna be only one admin with absolute power. Just imagine theres 9 admins with the same power and you pact that theres needed the approval of at least 2/3 of the admins to kick someone out of TS or another important decision. How is that being a dictator? The main question is who should be an admin.

Not to mention that certain level of trolling can be allowed because there is a certain way to ignore people on TS. Theres the possibility of creating channels protected by password, for tribes or whoever asks for one. This is really a powerful tool that Im sure will improve the performance of creep groups.

In-game voice is pretty s.hitty. Half of the raid leaders use raidshots and on the other half, some of them are hard to hear for quite a lot of people that means that some orders have to be given twice (voice and chat) etc . Anyone that has played PvE raids T2 or challenge knows that a voice server is a must, and PvP is more unpredictable than PvE so better communication is needed to perform well as a group.

Quote Originally Posted by lfeanor View Post
    Fun night for all sides I hope, no grams pew pew, squelcher had 2k rating when he logged and seems to have lost it, big thk u to freeps who let creeps have more op's and tbh it made a better evening for all, will be looking on daily stats site 2moro and hopefully a lot of big numbers on creeps and freeps sides, was a most enjoyable evening, sleep well all hum squelcher's 2k rating seems to have come back, lucky tatty's maybe, nn all
    I never lost it.

Come get it, freeps.

You are talking about dictators like theres gonna be only one admin with absolute power. Just imagine theres 9 admins with the same power and you pact that theres needed the approval of at least 2/3 of the admins to kick someone out of TS or another important decision. How is that being a dictator? The main question is who should be an admin.

Not to mention that certain level of trolling can be allowed because there is a certain way to ignore people on TS. Theres the possibility of creating channels protected by password, for tribes or whoever asks for one. This is really a powerful tool that Im sure will improve the performance of creep groups.

In-game voice is pretty s.hitty. Half of the raid leaders use raidshots and on the other half, some of them are hard to hear for quite a lot of people that means that some orders have to be given twice (voice and chat) etc . Anyone that has played PvE raids T2 or challenge knows that a voice server is a must, and PvP is more unpredictable than PvE so better communication is needed to perform well as a group.
    9 dictators or 1 dictator. What does it matter? They would still be dictators because they hold absolute power over creep side.

There are definitively benefits with Vent/TS (btw, why did people suddenly swap to TS from vent?), I've been in countless instances/raids using vent. But quite frankly, ingame voice has always worked beaufifully in pvp. I don't see why we need TS, especially when there are so many downsides to it. Many people would be alienated from Gilrain PvP, and we need all the people we can get.

Eatinalu and myself just duoed on BA and warg, btw. Was online for maybe an hour playing.

There are definitively benefits with Vent/TS (btw, why did people suddenly swap to TS from vent?)
    TS has better sound quality, I think.

Well done freeps for farming in tr for ages against those of us not afraid to die (i felt is was deserved tbh). I have to say i didn't mind it, we got some kills and died a hell of a lot, but this has shown that alot of creeps would rather do nothing about it and stay in grams pointing out whenever some freeps turn up there.
    Im not often annoyed but creeps let us down today, for those that kept coming back to tr, well played.

Its ok to die creeps, it is afterall our job to die for the glory of the freeps, just wished some more of you would put a fight up and not sit behind 1 shotters
    [URL=http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/Martwen/media/sha2l_zpsbf9a8b2a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Martwen/sha2l_zpsbf9a8b2a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[Shalbor-R6 RK] [Loritz-R8 BA] [Spidersense-R9 Weaver]

Thank you to all the freeps and creeps that stayed up late yesterday for some small group action. Specially to manegarm and Razzy for joining us in those spars, even though we couldn't really find a setup to make them fair. It's not easy to find a balance in these group spars!
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rNA52C7.jpg[/IMG]

Waaha R10 Reaver, Tardleader R9 War-Leader, Wargtard R7 Warg
    Fellagund R5 Warden, Eldelcar R4 Lore-Master, Cadwolf R3 Captain, Eldelband R2 Minstrel

I think the creepside TS is a great idea. A whole new tactical level when playing creep
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

TS is a great suggestion.
    I did however try to get people to log ventrilo in raid for better sound. Only half the raid came on, rest couldn't be bothered.
    I therefor had only half an effective raid. Why i started using ingame voice.

Stoff's cases are so extreme that i have 100% confident that they won't happen.
    What will happen is that people log vent/ts whenever they are raiding and log off other times to listen to music,etc...
    I don't however foresee this happen cause people are to lazy or in some of the worst cases, stupid to get on.

The suggestion of a creepside TS or Vent is interesting, but fraught with problems in my opinion. Of course sound quality will greatly improve, as will the possiblities of managing the sound-levels of people that are either too loud or too soft-spoken. On the other hand, who will decide whether someone is trustworthy enough to grant access or not? Since many creeps tend to avoid using OOC because "the spies are reading it too", will opening a TS or Vent server to every creep out there not result in the same sort of abuse?

TS or Vent use is manageable on tribe or kin level, because everybody knows each other and the login procedures are usually only given to the members or trusted friends. I like the idea in general because I know that it can greatly improve teamplay, but I am also very curious about how people are thinking to get around the possiblity of abuse and make any sort of creep side audio channel safe enough to use.

Made a long post about the idea of setting up creep side TS came to me but got logged out.

TLR:

TS is easier, use it to your own advantage. Creep side leaders can't force people to join it and if someone doesn't want to they can always fall back to in game voice.

Spies can be banned from TS, they can't be banned from ooc however.

I'll set up a post when I'm not so hungover and will start forming some ideas with Exiles/RG officers asap.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

I understand why TS is a good suggestion, but what I don't understand is why In Game Voice isn't used. The quality is greatly improved compared to a few years ago, it is the only Raid Voice used Freepside (apart from kin stuff). Yes the odd person has a problem with it, but far more ppl have trouble with Vent/TS.

In Game voice is simple as it is accessed via the options panel, it has good quality and is available to all players without a download. Plus you can only hear and speak to the raid, so spies have the same chance as any other Voice means.

I see it as a great disadvantage if a raid isn't using Voice, voice also promotes chat, and ppl get to know each other, sometimes its nice to put a voice to a name.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

Problems I see with in game voice are: Unreliable at times and you need to be grouped. TS can be used solo as well, so there's another advantage.

ps. Fun fights up to now Freeps, was good leading a RG raid again and got some nice kills/deaths. Called it early as I have a headache the size of Patatrat's ego.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    I understand why TS is a good suggestion, but what I don't understand is why In Game Voice isn't used. The quality is greatly improved compared to a few years ago, it is the only Raid Voice used Freepside (apart from kin stuff). Yes the odd person has a problem with it, but far more ppl have trouble with Vent/TS.

In Game voice is simple as it is accessed via the options panel, it has good quality and is available to all players without a download. Plus you can only hear and speak to the raid, so spies have the same chance as any other Voice means.

I see it as a great disadvantage if a raid isn't using Voice, voice also promotes chat, and ppl get to know each other, sometimes its nice to put a voice to a name.
    I believe most people know what in game voice is. We didn't start playing yesterday and most raid leaders use this. On TS you have an advantage since you can easily talk with other groups/raids instead of all the PM's all the time. A TS will also make my wargs job easier when I chat with the craid where fraid is moving. We use wargs to scout our enemy while fraids use spies. Different methods but same result tho.
    Main character: Manegarm

Hear me bark!

but far more ppl have trouble with Vent/TS.
    Why? Its just download a program.

In Game voice [...] has good quality
    It does certainly not. If you dont have a good headset its a pain in the &&&

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    Called it early as I have a headache the size of Patatrat's ego.
    Was on la cidre last night, I too now have a headache.

Not quite as large as my ego, however.

Page 259 of 335 FirstFirst ... 159 209 249 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 269 309 ... LastLast