We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 257 of 335 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 267 307 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,425 of 8355
  1. #6401
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    152
    Thanks for some spars at grams Karnara, and nice to see jure on your freep. We tried telling that stupid spider not to gank, he then logged his warg and continued to do so. At least he died while we watched on and laughed

  2. #6402
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    176

  3. #6403
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by DinThePurple View Post
    Hey, look at me. Im trying to be funny

  4. #6404
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    914
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalbor View Post
    nice to see jure on your freep. We tried telling that stupid spider not to gank, he then logged his warg and continued to do so. At least he died while we watched on and laughed
    He was not much of a problem

  5. #6405
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    He was not much of a problem
    I noticed, lol

  6. #6406
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    152
    I often wonder why there is a bit of tension or hate towards freeps in OOC, a massive reason has to be the amount of **** freavers and spies give creeps all day constantly. Pathetic

  7. #6407
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I would wager that less than ten people posted on the forums and cited botting as the reason they left Gilrain/the game. Most departures are due to imbalance and a broken game.


    A broken game, yes, indeed. But when it is topped off with massive cheating left unchecked, it's too much. NO ONE ever said that cheating was the only reason. Also, you can wager all you want, but here are the facts: http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.p...p-from-Turbine.

    - Glohir testifies that he has seen too many veterans leave because of cheating.
    - Sawbones quit because of cheating and says many of his friends left because of cheating.
    - Markopolo says that the majority of creep side left because of botting. Markopolo says he has left because of cheating.
    - Edelcar/Fellagund says that he is cancelling his subscription because of botting, and says he can't play freep because he is ashamed. He also says that botting forces a lot of people to quit.
    - Juanra says he will cancel his subscription and says botting ruins the action.
    - A long list of people voice appreciation that botting gets the attention it needs.
    - Fleno states that botting is a disaster for gilrain, and he feels that many veterans have left because of botting.
    - Wurgs /Wurglar already left because of botting, and will transfer his alts once transfers are up.
    - Dorathin says botting is a big problem for him when he plays Gilrain pvp, and is forced to go roaming when botters are there.
    - Crizmosh says that botting is a big problem, and that gilrain will lose a lot of players once transfers are up.
    - Manegarm says that botting is a big problem for smaller group fights.
    - Alandanth says that the rk is killing pvp on gilrain.
    - Gladden offers their moral support and says that they solved the problem with cheaters with the method I have been proposing for quite some time now.
    - Birdofherms lists botting as a big problem, and won't play Freep until the problem is solved.
    - Lots of people from other servers feel sorry for our problem with cheating and acknowledges that we are in a bad spot.
    - Romper says botting is a big problem.
    - Edhun was going to start pvp again, but won't come back because of the botting. He says that botting is a big problem for Gilrain.
    - Some say that Gilrain is far gone because of all the cheating and the situation here.
    - Jureon lists botting as a big problem, and says that many quit because of it.
    - Gras supports the fight against botting 100%
    - REAPOR says that the cheaters are going to break the game. (quite a contradiction to more recent comments)
    - Belegardo says that he was on a break since christmas due to bad changes, but came back recently only to leave again BECAUSE of botting and cheating in general. It was just too much for him.
    - A long list of people support the fight against botting, but they were not mentioned unless they specificially said that botting was a big problem on gilrain or that botting caused people to leave.

    There you go, Squelcher and Reapor. Facts for you. 8 people state that they quit or avoided a comeback BECAUSE of botting, including myself. A long list of players state that they know many people who left because of cheating, and many acknowledge botting as a big problem. Take care to remember that people who quit because of botting have quit the game and are not likely to read or post on these forums any more. We have 8 certified casualties because of botting, and a long list of "I know many people who quit because of botting".


    Botting is just the tip of the iceberg, but it can be very decisive.



    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post

    Stoff, Wiley has wasted countless hours of his time leading creep raids against freeps on a regular basis. He has led in the good times and the bad and has been a player on Gilrain since SoA and he has not stopped playing in all the time I've been on Gilrain, his summer breaks aside. You have absolutely no right at all to dare to claim that he has not helped to fix Gilrain.
    Excuse me, but where did I say he has not helped to fix Gilrain...? Don't go making up things as you go along, that's a pretty poor debate technique. Wiley has done more than most to help Gilrain and is a fine man.

    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post

    Where is your proof of this? Hundreds of people PVP on Gilrain.

    If you actually played then you'd realise that most of the advertising is done via kins and tribes spreading information by word of mouth. They may link a forum thread, but that doesn't make the people who follow that link for information avid forum readers
    Hundreds of people don't pvp regularly or semi-regularly on Gilrain. Also, word of mouth, as you say yourself. I'd bet my left arm that most pvp players on Gilrain have heard about this debate. You ask where's my proof of this, but you proved it yourself. If the topic is important enough, interesting enough or controversial enough, a forum thread is spread via chats. For most PvP'ers, this topic is either one of the things. Very few members from the cheating kin has posted. You would argue that they haven't read it, but I can assure you, they have ALL read parts of the debate and they ALL know about the debate concerning cheating.
    It starts with a forum post, and then people spread the word. THAT's how most people read the forums (also indirectly via chats) if important things are posted. You know this, I know this, we all know this.

    "If you actually played"... How on Earth is that relevant? I doubt the process of recruiting people to events has been revolutionised since I stopped playing 6 months ago... Also, one doesn't have to play a game to see problems with it. The problems are what keeps me out, so I evidently know a lot about how it is. This is just a technique you use to devaluate my arguments, a very poor debating technique and not much appreciated in debates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post

    Making it up to suit your argument, I clearly didn't say botting wasn't a reason, if you read my post I clearly stated that botting wasn't the only reason why people have left or moved servers.


    Those that transfer to another server because of cheating on Gilrain are using the cheating as an exscuse, unless of course you believe there is no cheating on other servers.

    Concerning the first paragraph, that's not true. However, you deleted your post in the thread where you said it. Probably because you regret. You said that botting wasn't a major factor for anything, and that it was not a factor and only used as an excuse for leaving Gilrain. You confirm this in the second quoted paragraph.





    Lastly, I think some people take botting to lightly. Botting is a very destructive force and needs to be dealt with. If left unchecked, as it has been, people leave PvP, as has been proven. I don't see why it is so hard for some people, and many freeps, to support the fight against botting and make Gilrain a better place for everyone. Lots of people would return, the action would improve, people would be less annoyed and enjoy themselves more. Win win situation for everyone. But first, one has to acknowledge the problem, a very big problem.



    Edit: the whole cheating kin can be blamed as one. A player recently left the kin. He gave them an ultimatum. Quit botting, or I leave. The kin decided to keep botting, and the player left. This means that the kin supports botting actively.
    Last edited by stoffi; Jun 19 2013 at 04:45 PM.

  8. #6408
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Btw, disagreeing with someone's opinions on a forum is not the same as disliking the person. Also, many people, including Squelcher, Reapor and Wiley, have done plenty to contribute to Gilrain PvP in positive ways.

  9. #6409
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Excuse me, but where did I say he has not helped to fix Gilrain...? Don't go making up things as you go along, that's a pretty poor debate technique. Wiley has done more than most to help Gilrain and is a fine man.
    I'll show you:

    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Wiley wants me to shhhhhhhh, so that no focus is brought on this massive setback to Gilrain, so that people don't get the "wrong" image of Gilrain. This is the attitude of CEO in a company with a bad product who wants to shhhhh it down in order to sell more, instead of helping to fix the product.
    You suggested that he tries to simply downplay the problems of Gilrain, rather than help to fix it. He spent more hours than any other creep on Gilrain organising small groups or raids to get stuff done and improve the action. Stating that he shushes the problems rather than helping to fix them is an outright lie.

    I do not make things up when I debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    - Sawbones quit because of cheating and says many of his friends left because of cheating.
    - Juanra says he will cancel his subscription and says botting ruins the action.
    - Manegarm says that botting is a big problem for smaller group fights.
    - Alandanth says that the rk is killing pvp on gilrain.
    - Gladden offers their moral support and says that they solved the problem with cheaters with the method I have been proposing for quite some time now.
    - Birdofherms lists botting as a big problem, and won't play Freep until the problem is solved.
    - Lots of people from other servers feel sorry for our problem with cheating and acknowledges that we are in a bad spot.
    - Romper says botting is a big problem.
    - Edhun was going to start pvp again, but won't come back because of the botting. He says that botting is a big problem for Gilrain.
    - Some say that Gilrain is far gone because of all the cheating and the situation here.
    - Jureon lists botting as a big problem, and says that many quit because of it.
    - Gras supports the fight against botting 100%
    - REAPOR says that the cheaters are going to break the game. (quite a contradiction to more recent comments)
    - Belegardo says that he was on a break since christmas due to bad changes, but came back recently only to leave again BECAUSE of botting and cheating in general. It was just too much for him.
    - A long list of people support the fight against botting, but they were not mentioned unless they specificially said that botting was a big problem on gilrain or that botting caused people to leave.
    -Sawbones has not quit the game.
    - Cancelling a subscription is not the same as quitting the game or leaving Gilrain. Thus cannot be used as evidence to suggest that people leave en masse because of botting.
    - That is correct, but there isn't much small group action left due to the zerg-based mechanics that U11 encouraged.
    - That's wrong. No one person can ruin Gilrain's action. People's responses to him does more damage than he does. His direct actions have a relatively small effect on the overall quality of the action. I know this because I play the game when he's playing.
    - A handful of Gladden posters cannot be used as evidence to suggest that Gladden as a whole is offering support. No more than the voice of one minister of a government can be cited as a nation expressing a view.
    - That is correct, it is a big problem. But there are bigger problems.
    - Romper is correct, but once again that statement has nothing to do with the concept that botting causes heaps of people to leave.
    - If you actually played the game you'd know that Edhun has been actively playing lately.
    - Some say, but, some are wrong. The situation can be rectified.
    - Jure's right that it's a big problem, but I still see no evidence that lots of people have quit for just that reason alone.
    - Gras supports the fight against cheating? Well, no point in me even trying to debate anymore then. Once again it is not related to people leaving the game because of botting.
    - I only briefly got to talk to Bele when he returned, and I did not ask what made him leave again, so I can't speak to that.
    - Of course a long list of people support the fight against botting. Anyone who isn't benefitting from it, or doesn't have a screw loose would support the fight against botting.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Hundreds of people don't pvp regularly or semi-regularly on Gilrain.
    If I were to list all the PVP'ers who come to the Moors and play on a regular basis, I would definitely go well beyond one hundred. If I were to do the same for people who post on the forums, I'd be lucky to get past fifty.

  10. #6410
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    So, from the 20 questions Sapience posted:

    No new PVMP update in the near future.
    Balance is 'difficult' to do and will require close attention to freep class changes. In otherwords, balance ain't getting any better.
    Multi-boxing is perfectly legal but clubbing is not. They're looking for ways to deal with it without banning innocent people who happen to have high renown/infamy gains.

    Here's exactly what was said:

    Q9: Will there be a significant effort to balance PvMP this year?
    A9: We are going to need to pivot on the Freep class changes coming later this year. It will be a significant amount of work and it will not be easy. - HoarseDev

    Q10: Will there be enhancements for PvMP such as mail, bank, more skills etc.?
    A10: Most likely not in the near term. - HoarseDev

    Q20: What is being done about Multi-boxing/Rank Farming?
    A20: We’ve been having a very active discussion with the Players Council about this recently. One of the challenges here is breaking the issue into its component parts.

    Multi-boxing in-and-of-itself is not inherently bad or against our TOS. The Launcher allows you to run multiple clients and the bug preventing this was recently fixed.

    Rank Farming, which doesn’t require mutli-boxing by the way, is another matter entirely. We’ve run several investigations to figure out how best to address it and so far haven’t been happy with the results. False positives, which could lead to potentially banning Top Tier PvMP players because they accumulate more renown/infamy than most rank farmers over the same period of time, are a major concern.

    It’s a much more complicated matter than simply checking a database and banning those who rapidly accumulate infamy and renown. It’s a complex issue and we continue to discuss and investigate reasonable and appropriate ways to address it. - Sapience

  11. #6411
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    176
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Edit: the whole cheating kin can be blamed as one. A player recently left the kin. He gave them an ultimatum. Quit botting, or I leave. The kin decided to keep botting, and the player left. This means that the kin supports botting actively.
    Yeah, that didn't happen.

  12. #6412
    Nothing really to add to the debate other than to say I am off.

    I enjoy pvp even though it often brings out the worst in players however in gilrain it's simply not fun and if freeps are determined to turn EM into another dead zone who am I to stand in their way. As long as they are content to have a blue map, to sit at grams and to outnumber creeps all the time (with the exception of insane times of the day/night) it's not fun. If it's not fun I am not interested. I'll check out other servers but realistically I'll cancel my subscription and spend my pennies elsewhere.

    Good luck for those who remain in Gilrain on the creepside. Here's hoping transfers open up so I can shift out of Gilrain entirely.

  13. #6413
    Quote Originally Posted by Badnight View Post
    Nothing really to add to the debate other than to say I am off.

    I enjoy pvp even though it often brings out the worst in players however in gilrain it's simply not fun and if freeps are determined to turn EM into another dead zone who am I to stand in their way. As long as they are content to have a blue map, to sit at grams and to outnumber creeps all the time (with the exception of insane times of the day/night) it's not fun. If it's not fun I am not interested. I'll check out other servers but realistically I'll cancel my subscription and spend my pennies elsewhere.

    Good luck for those who remain in Gilrain on the creepside. Here's hoping transfers open up so I can shift out of Gilrain entirely.
    Well if i am not mistaking on who I think you are it will be really sad seeing you go cause i had amazing fun grouping with you! I really hope you will have better luck playing on another server, and if things get better on Gilrain (says me the always optimist) you will return and game with us again

    Best of luck,
    Eredthelion/Burzobtrosh

  14. #6414
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Badnight View Post
    Nothing really to add to the debate other than to say I am off.
    Good luck for those who remain in Gilrain on the creepside. Here's hoping transfers open up so I can shift out of Gilrain entirely.
    Was fun grouping with you mate. I hope you can find a server that suits you better! And you will always be welcome to come back to gilrain once in a while.

  15. #6415
    Burz... you guessed right. I'll stick my nose in as my subs still have some run time remaining but the thought of spending a few hours unable to do anything leaves me cold . Hell we couldn't even pve this morning without certain players locking up every OP and then riding from mob to mob until they found us.

    Sadly I would recommend that any player that wants to run a creep should first run freep to grind out a supply of commendations and stick to ranged dps so you can take potshots from grams. In other words don't bother unless you are a mascochist

    My early morning nerdrage is over so no ranting or whining just sad acceptance that it's no longer worth my time in any meaningful way.

  16. #6416
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    I'll show you:


    You suggested that he tries to simply downplay the problems of Gilrain, rather than help to fix it. He spent more hours than any other creep on Gilrain organising small groups or raids to get stuff done and improve the action. Stating that he shushes the problems rather than helping to fix them is an outright lie.

    I do not make things up when I debate.
    Wrong. I suggested that he is trying to downplay the problem of BOTTING on Gilrain rather than help fix it by supporting the fight against botting. Ofc, that is a truth with modifications, because he too hates botting and would want it gone, but we need to stand together in order to rid ourselves of botting. My way doesn't have to be the right one, but we need to have a way, and saying "shhhh" pretending not to see the problem is not a way to get rid of botting.

    And how does saying Wiley is trying to shhhhh down the botting problem equal saying that Wiley does not contribute to making Gilrain a better place to be in general?

    You DO make up things when you debate, or atleast you misinterpret things. This is not the first time. Whether or not Wiley contributes in raids and small groups is not relevant, nor have I mentioned anything about it. Stop it, Squelcher.

    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post


    -Sawbones has not quit the game.
    - Cancelling a subscription is not the same as quitting the game or leaving Gilrain. Thus cannot be used as evidence to suggest that people leave en masse because of botting.
    - That is correct, but there isn't much small group action left due to the zerg-based mechanics that U11 encouraged.
    - That's wrong. No one person can ruin Gilrain's action. People's responses to him does more damage than he does. His direct actions have a relatively small effect on the overall quality of the action. I know this because I play the game when he's playing.
    - A handful of Gladden posters cannot be used as evidence to suggest that Gladden as a whole is offering support. No more than the voice of one minister of a government can be cited as a nation expressing a view.
    - That is correct, it is a big problem. But there are bigger problems.
    - Romper is correct, but once again that statement has nothing to do with the concept that botting causes heaps of people to leave.
    - If you actually played the game you'd know that Edhun has been actively playing lately.
    - Some say, but, some are wrong. The situation can be rectified.
    - Jure's right that it's a big problem, but I still see no evidence that lots of people have quit for just that reason alone.
    - Gras supports the fight against cheating? Well, no point in me even trying to debate anymore then. Once again it is not related to people leaving the game because of botting.
    - I only briefly got to talk to Bele when he returned, and I did not ask what made him leave again, so I can't speak to that.
    - Of course a long list of people support the fight against botting. Anyone who isn't benefitting from it, or doesn't have a screw loose would support the fight against botting.
    - Sawbones intended to quit. He says many of his friends quit.
    - It means limiting your playtime and playing, BECAUSE of playing.
    -
    - Oh, so your opinion is worth more than so many others' opinions? And the rk is ruining PvP for that guy, who are you to tell him he is wrong?
    - Players on Gladden offer their support and sympathy.
    - This is a normal attitude, to think that botting is ruining Gilrain. But you repeatedly seem to know better. Why trust your opinion rather than so many other people's opinions? And there is a subjective and objective aspect to this. If so many people's subjective opinions reflect that they think gilrain pvp is ruined because of the rk, their opinions become more and more objective.
    - Romper is added to emphasize that botting is ruining the server and is a big problem.
    - Irrelevant arguement. "If you played the game". That's a way to try to dominate me, and is not appreciated. Playing the game is not needed to see how bad the game has gotten, and in particular Gilrain because of cheating. If Edhun is playing, he postponed his return and Gilrain lost a player for a while because of botting.
    - Some say, but you know better as always?
    - Jure is right, yes, and you see no evidence to show that many people left because of cheating, despite of all the people telling you that they left and their friends left because of botting. That's quite an arrogant attitude, Squelcher. You refuse to listen to people; you sound like a politician who only hears himself and those who feel the same way. Jure also lists botting as a big problem.
    - yep
    - You can't speak to that? That's, again, a very arrogant attitude. Belegardo said he wanted to return but didn't because of cheating. You only trust yourself and not Belegardo? If we are to have a debate here, you have to be able to LISTEN and read what's being said and not act like this. Belegardo didn't come back because of botting. Period. There is no "I can't speak to that", there is only "okay", "noted", "registered", "too bad", "I'm sorry to hear that". He posted this himself, you know...


    Summarising, you refuse to see anything as proof of anything, unless it speaks to your favour. How can you debate like that? I listed a long list of people who see botting as a big problem. Many of them know many people who left because of cheating. Many of left themselves because of botting. But you refuse to recognise their voices. They don't match your view, so you disregard them. What kind of attitude is that?

    Also, you elegantly skipped commenting the players who left and you knew well that it was true. How come?

    Botting IS a big problem for these players, and many others. And when that is so, it is also a big problem for Gilrain because so many players think botting is a big problem. As PROVEN, many players have left because of botting. And we all know this conversation from ooc:

    Creep A: Hey! Any action?
    Creep B: The rk is here. No point.
    Creep A: Bleh. I'll log off and be back later when he's not here.

    That convo ALONE is enough to show that botting is a big problem. Players leaving permanently is one thing, but players leaving for shorter periods of time, be it 30 minutes or 1 day, is also a problem. And how many times haven't you seen that convo take place in ooc? Countless times, and countless people have logged off because of the rk and his friends botting. THIS worsen Gilrain PvP significantly.

    And, remember that most people who quit don't hang around the forums like me. Most people who quit never return to the forums, and they never posted in my thread. And tell me, Squelcher, isn't the biggest problem that creeps are too few? Without knowing, I'm guessing that balance was worse in RoI, and RoI saw A LOT more creeps play, but no bots taking part in fights. That too indicates that many players left because of botting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post

    If I were to list all the PVP'ers who come to the Moors and play on a regular basis, I would definitely go well beyond one hundred. If I were to do the same for people who post on the forums, I'd be lucky to get past fifty.
    They do not number hundreds like you said, they number a few hundred at best. And as I said previously, most pvpers know about the peace event in July, even though many pvpers don't read the forums regularly. Equally, most people know about the fight against botting on the forums, which means they have been made aware that many people think it's a big problem. This, in turn, means that they might have altered their attitude towards botting from indifferent. Might. At least it is better to bring up the subject than shhhh it down. This is shown by the vast number of creeps, and some freeps, voicing support for the struggle against botting, of which most deem it a big problem for gilrain pvp.

    Reapor, on the other hand, does not think it is an important problem, and that the easymoding creeps only use cheating as an excuse to quit when they are really just upset they can't zerg as they always have...


    As evident from all the people replying to the botting thread, botting is considered a big problem by creeps on creep side, with some exceptions. Also, many people have quit pvp'ing, or limited their pvp'ing, because of botting. As shown previously, this is a fact, but a fact which some people refuse to acknowledge. However, Wiley said that there is less botting in fights nowadays, though Squelcher said the opposite. If there is less, perhaps the cheaters were made aware how much they are hurting the server. 1 botter already stopped permanently because he saw how damaging botting was, as a result of forums posts from Saw, Glohir and many others. Posting on the forums helps!


    Edit:

    End comment: It is better to do something to fix a serious problem rather than do nothing!
    Last edited by stoffi; Jun 21 2013 at 08:43 AM.

  17. #6417
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Badnight View Post
    /signed

    Left Gilrain. If it's not fun I don't do it and certainly won't pay for it. will check out other servers and cancel my subscription if it's like this everywhere.
    This is a new post from the MP forums thread I made. Thank you, cheating kin, for driving off Gilrain's players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Acherman102 View Post
    /signed it's always funny to see that two BOTS which are the same class as me, get higher renown just by following the boss. makes me wanna quit sometimes
    He's thinking about quitting sometimes because of the botting. Good for Gilrain? No!



    What's to debate here? Botting IS a serious problem, and we have lost many players because of it. And we are not likely to receive any new ones if they do some research first. No one wants to transfer to a server pestered by cheaters.

    Why can't people like Squelcher and Reapor say "yes, we have a serious problem here, and we need to try to fix it"? Why is it so hard to stand together to save the server? My way doesn't have to be the correct way, but we need a way to solve this. Digging one's head in the sand won't work, we've lost too many players already and the situation isn't getting any better.

    Give suggestions. How can we solve this problem?

  18. #6418
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    ... you refuse to see anything as proof of anything, unless it speaks to your favour. How can you debate like that?
    This one makes me smile IRL I got same feeling speaking with you.

    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    It is better to do something to fix a serious problem rather than do nothing!
    To fix problem creeps need people/numbers. Try log your toon and DO something instead of mouthing.

  19. #6419
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    End comment: It is better to do something to fix a serious problem rather than do nothing!
    We are doing something, what do you do to help it except talk on forums?

    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Give suggestions. How can we solve this problem?
    My suggestions: #1 Log into the game and help.
    #2 we should connect all of our creep minds and become even bigger hive mind.

    Now you can guess which one will get better results.

  20. #6420
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    364
    Stof, you should really log in anytime soon, you don't have a single clue what is happening in game lately, and still you spam half of the Ongoing Ettenmoors Discussion arguing about how we should improve gilrain's pvmp. Well Stoff, what you are doing isn't helping!

  21. #6421
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post

    Reapor, on the other hand, does not think it is an important problem, and that the easymoding creeps only use cheating as an excuse to quit when they are really just upset they can't zerg as they always have...

    yet again you make things up just to make me look bad, please quote a post where I said botting was or was not an IMPORTANT problem.

    Let me re-iterate what I said, I will place it in a paragraph on its own so as you clearly understand me,


    Botting is a problem, but it is not the only problem, there are many reasons why PvP is so bad on Gilrain, both freep and Creeps are to blame.

    I hope that is clear enough for you, with a little luck you will refrain from lying about what I say on these Forums, now my thoughts on botting are clear.


    I will now call for you to stop commenting on a game you don't play, I wasn't allowed (by you and others) to comment on creepside as I didn't play. Please follow your own advice and SHUT UP already. You are not in-game and havn`t been for a fair few months, thereby you are in no place to comment.

    Go get your homework done and leave the PLAYERS to sort out the PLAYERS problems.

  22. #6422
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    yet again you make things up just to make me look bad, please quote a post where I said botting was or was not an IMPORTANT problem.

    Let me re-iterate what I said, I will place it in a paragraph on its own so as you clearly understand me,


    Botting is a problem, but it is not the only problem, there are many reasons why PvP is so bad on Gilrain, both freep and Creeps are to blame.

    I hope that is clear enough for you, with a little luck you will refrain from lying about what I say on these Forums, now my thoughts on botting are clear.


    I will now call for you to stop commenting on a game you don't play, I wasn't allowed (by you and others) to comment on creepside as I didn't play. Please follow your own advice and SHUT UP already. You are not in-game and havn`t been for a fair few months, thereby you are in no place to comment.

    Go get your homework done and leave the PLAYERS to sort out the PLAYERS problems.

    At first, you said that botting wasn't a real problem, and that creeps only used it as an excuse. That is the truth, and you remember it well. I only say what you said. But if you don't feel that way any more, then that is good. I guess that is due to all the posts about botting lately, seeing as you had a different opinion not long ago. So, that's one good thing that came from this. You were made aware of how serious botting is.

    I am a PLAYER, a player driven away by cheating. I have as much right to say something as you do. In fact, I have more right to say something as you are not the victim of systematic cheating in the same degree as me. Though, you too suffer from lousier action. You're saying that refugees who flee to another country, fleeing war and an opressive government, are not entitled to have a say in what's going on in THEIR country when they don't live there. It's absurd. I'm a refugee, along with many other Gilrainians who fled Gilrain pvp because of botting.

    But at least we agree that botting is a serious problem. Along with other serious problems.

    So, does botting still take place or not? Wiley says one thing, Squelcher another. Can the refugees return to their homecountry? According to the latest victim of cheating, whom left Gilrain yesterday, it's still going on.
    Last edited by stoffi; Jun 21 2013 at 11:42 AM.

  23. #6423
    The current problem we have is lack of numbers on creep side and lack of raid leaders.

    Do you want to help? Log in and help killing freeps. But please quit the QQ on the forums cause it's only creating more tension between freeps and creeps.

    BTW, good action this afternoon with small groups/solo players fighting around TR/spawn.

  24. #6424
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    445
    Stoffi, really pls step away from your keyboard. You need to log and play at least a week before you can comment anymore, you are looking at this with a very blinkered view right now. I hate cheaters/multi-boxers/botters and clubbers just as much as any that hate it with a passion, but right now they arent really the problem. The problem is creep numbers as everyone tells you. You shouldnt be scared to log and get ganked a little(most probably a lot), you will even get CJ'd by people you dont even know, but there is still action out there and there is action for small skirmish groups if you know the right places to go. Granted you will get steamrolled by a fraid or 2 at some point but that goes with the territory.
    The only things that seem to be a problem is creep numbers and the freeps hatred of anything red on the map, plus the lust they have to have every buff possible be it keeps and DoF bosses to food and tokens. Which is comical cause most are walking 1 man armies even without them. The only person being naughty is a certain new "boy" champ to the evil kin who has managed to get rank 0-9 in 4 days. It must have been so busy with hot PVP action when he is online as how else could you explain 100k- day 1, 71k-day 2, had a sleep-day 3, then 66k-day 4. But he isnt even a problem as he is one of the easiest champs out there to solo, prob because he isnt used to a mob fighting back.

    So in a nutshell just log on will you and play a bit before you post and you might find its a bit different from how you think it is and how it was a month ago.

  25. #6425
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    At first, you said that botting wasn't a real problem, and that creeps only used it as an excuse. That is the truth, and you remember it well. I only say what you said. But if you don't feel that way any more, then that is good. I guess that is due to all the posts about botting lately, seeing as you had a different opinion not long ago. So, that's one good thing that came from this. You were made aware of how serious botting is.

    I am a PLAYER, a player driven away by cheating. I have as much right to say something as you do. In fact, I have more right to say something as you are not the victim of systematic cheating in the same degree as me. Though, you too suffer from lousier action. You're saying that refugees who flee to another country, fleeing war and an opressive government, are not entitled to have a say in what's going on in THEIR country when they don't live there. It's absurd. I'm a refugee, along with many other Gilrainians who fled Gilrain pvp because of botting.

    But at least we agree that botting is a serious problem. Along with other serious problems.

    So, does botting still take place or not? Wiley says one thing, Squelcher another. Can the refugees return to their homecountry? According to the latest victim of cheating, whom left Gilrain yesterday, it's still going on.
    By all means refugees can comment on the problems, but the longer they are away then there is more chance their comments are wrong, listening to other people or reading biased reports can also lead to wrong conclusions.

    If the refugees really want to comment on, and fix the problems in their area, then they should get back in there, instead of sitting on an armchair saying how &&&& it is and expecting everyone else to sort their problems for them.

    I havn`t seen any Bots in EM for weeks, that dosn`t mean they are not there, but the problem is far less than it was, you would know that if you were playing, but you aren`t, so you have to ask.

    And again I will ask-why am I not allowed to comment on Creepside because I didn't play enough, and yet you are free to comment on a game you havn`t played in months (about 6 months if my reckoning is right). Is it cos your special ??

 

 
Page 257 of 335 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 267 307 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload