We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 223 of 335 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 233 273 323 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,575 of 8355
    Quote Originally Posted by Enska View Post
    Olog! learn your buffs! that one is the tier just above the one available with dp! 4 arrows is dp 5 is store! *sigh*
    Oh, I apologise, I didn't know :C I must learn to be more observant

Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    Things are never as bad as the doom mongers say, especially those doom mongers that dont even play the game.

Last night proved there is still life in PvP on Gilrain, all it took was players not worried about dying, and just getting stuck in, my small kin group thouroughly enjoyed the fights around TR, shame the spawn bugged was stuck in combat the whole time, kudos to both sides for making things a little better, lets keep it going.
    :P My comments were based on the direction Gilrain pvp has gone while i was there and from talking to people who were still playing (on both sides) post u10 when i have not been. And it was pretty bad....

Hope so I might even take a peek, that said one swallow does not make a summer; so how consistant this is is a much bigger question.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

i want to make sth clear ^^..... you guys may see sawbot and gravebot around...those guys are not our bots...check altfinder to see who they are ^^ they are just kids so be polite
    I've blackened the sun and I've bloodied the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Makawulf View Post
    i want to make sth clear ^^..... you guys may see sawbot and gravebot around...those guys are not our bots...check altfinder to see who they are ^^ they are just kids so be polite
    And not one Squelbot?

I am disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    And not one Squelbot?

I am disappointed.
    ...Awww....I want a Razbot then.
    Razzy|Guardian|Rank13|Rasburz|Warleader|Rank11
    "Come back with your Shield, Or on it."
    Shield-Walling Delotha since 1968.
    Temporary Leader of Fenris (Waiting for Del to come back from the land of Souvlaki.)

Sawbot and Squelchbot are actually made by a kin member who I wouldn't have thought to be the type to try and cause trouble like that

I'm amazed how far some people are willing to go for attention. Oh well, kids these days.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    :
    that said one swallow does not make a summer; so how consistant this is is a much bigger question.
    In England one swallow does make a summer, that one day of sunshine in April keeps us optimistic all the way to December, when eventually we say `well that was a krap summer` better luck next year.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    Squelchbot
    Yesssss.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Yesssss.
    I wanted sawbones to invite it to RG but he wouldn't do it
    [COLOR="#40E0D0"]Fintar - Fincro - Finlet[/COLOR]

[COLOR="#B22222"]Thaltrup - Grishgashen - Finzor[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by TiberPancake View Post
    Squelchbot
    Still waiting for my Razbot to be made.
    Razzy|Guardian|Rank13|Rasburz|Warleader|Rank11
    "Come back with your Shield, Or on it."
    Shield-Walling Delotha since 1968.
    Temporary Leader of Fenris (Waiting for Del to come back from the land of Souvlaki.)

Quote Originally Posted by Thaberg View Post
    I wanted sawbones to invite it to RG but he wouldn't do it
    Some of us are responsible people.

Now let's go drink and drive into the ocean.

Grams fighting > I make a raid > Freeps hug TA all night > I disband raid > Freeps finally leave TA and zerg whatever they find.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    Grams fighting > I make a raid > Freeps hug TA all night > I disband raid > Freeps finally leave TA and zerg whatever they find.
    Ehm not really mate. When you guys took lugazag from us we were like hardly 8 (From what I have seen)with more than 15 uruks on the hunters tracks not including beasts.
    We hugged ta then prolly freeps finished their kin raids or they relogged to help us to have some fights.

On a sidenote stop having freeps as the action killers or the zergers both sides do it and they will keep doing it.(Doesnt go only to stealth)

p.s Cheers for the spar stealth

Quote Originally Posted by Gillrain View Post
    I guess they not hiding , they just dont care and they having fun

U shoudynt care as well so u would have fun as well

P.s: stoff take names of creeps who joined Waolas raid and name and shame them world has to know creeps joined BD raid
    YOU just replied; there is no need for you to use the term "they".

Quote Originally Posted by Bogburz View Post
    Increased since when? 1940s? 60s? 80s? If so, then yes that would be correct. I was talking about 2001-2011 and therefore Garrett would be dispproved by National Assembly data, additonally my students research this as part of my course annually so I can give you plenty of sources if you truly are interested. Pm me.

I responded to your original posting on this as I did my research degree on it and discuss/analyse and interpret it as part of my every day vocation. What you say is correct at large but it is a very simplistic view of things. Ofc the Welsh recognised themselves as being alien to the English but when the Vikings hit we were no more than tribes folk and this largely remained up until our Conquest by the English. We did not have an identiy of being "Welsh" as in "Wales", and Llywelyn ap Gruffydd, known as the Last Prince of Wales, was self-proclaimed and self-indulgent at best. His motivation were fuelled by ambition for the House of Aberffraw and the region of Gwynedd, not Wales as a country. There was no identity of being a one people, under one banner of one country, and claims to the contrary are no more than patriotic romanticism. Ironically, the Tudors did more for our identity as a Welsh people than Llywelyn or Owain Glyndwr, and that was inspite of their efforts not because of them.

I will look Garrett up when I get to uni in a bit and then possibly pm you. I don't remember the details from Garrett. Very interesting that you had studied this (and seemingly still are); I was thinking you only saw this from a subjective point of view in your local neighbourhood. Layman "research" and actual research are two different things.

About Welsh history, I never claimed Wales was one country under one banner, but I guess I explained myself very poorly. What I meant to say was that Wales had many kings at the same time during the Viking period. As you probably know, the word "Welsh" once meant "slave" in Old English, meaning that people other than the Welsh saw them as a group. Not a united group, but a people of its own.

I love the fact that other people (you) study this kind of stuff. Language history and history is very interesting. I wrote my Bachelor on Scandinavian loanwords in English(the focus was ofc on Old Norse and Old English), and right now I'm writing my MA on English attitudes towards Norwegian-accented English.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    Bog's comments were insightful and accurate from an on the ground position, Welsh has evolved rather than stopped declining:

This is the point and I think the element that is most important, Welsh is becoming almost like latin in a legal context; It has status, its used in official doumentation and in the assembly, but its more and more not the language of daily life. So its in decline where it was traditionally spoken, but on the increase in a different circle in the centres of power. Forgive the analogy Bog, but thats where i've seen it going.

Careful of the sweepingly simplistic history: the word Celt comes from the Greek meaning any barbarian whatsoever living north of Greece in classical times and the "Celts" of Ireland and Wales were largely unrelated peoples, Scotland had strong links to Ireland as it was populated by the (Dal Raida?) migration of peoples from Eire who merged and pushed at those living there.

Cornwall and Wales were the same tribes, but there is little evidence that there was a push of people to the fringes, rather that the incoming migrants merged with "celtic" populations gradually. The only abrupt influx was the vikings who dominated the gene pool following invasions. In a welsh context its one reason why areas like Swansea (Viking) was distinct from areas like Gwynnedd (not viking).
    But Bogburz makes the strongest point, like Ireland, Wales was a diverse and disparate menagerie of peoples until much later in its history, when like India the whole concept of a nation was driven by its hardships and mutual struggle over time.

Wales had a dramaticly different culture to England yes, they did not have any kings at all (until one sat on the english throne), there has never been a King of/in Wales distinctly.

Well, I mean "Celts" as in the term demographers use. As in the group of people inhabiting large parts of Europe until the Germanic tribes drove them/their culture to the edges of the continent, Brittany, Cornwall, Wales, Ireland, Scotland.

As for push or merge (Saxon against Celts), I did say that there was a merger. Most of the English gene pool consists of Celtic DNA. There are traces of violence during the Saxon/etc invasion period, meaning some were probably driven off, but DNA research proves that Celts were to a large degree absorbed. Little linguistic trace remains though, only very few Celtic words remain in English today. Has to do with status back then.

And no, never one king, but there were several at once ruling smaller/tiny parts, much like in Ireland were they had around 50 kingdoms (I'm inclined to say 200, but I think I red 50). I guess this had its advantage because invaders would have to beat 50 different kings in order to passify the whole country, but then when the invaders passed some kingdoms to invade new ones, the first kingdoms would revolt... Vikings never had enough numbers to conquer all of Ireland (And Wales probably), and were forced to ally with the different kingdoms in shifting alliances.

The way I see it, Bogburz and myself don't really disagree. The Welsh DID have a strong identity, but it was not as one nation. I should have mentioned this earlier. But the whole group of people were still called "Welsh", only they consisted of a long range of entities, smaller kingdoms/groups, sharing a similar culture and language. This made them "Welsh".
    Last edited by stoffi; Apr 15 2013 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by affected7 View Post
    Ehm not really mate. When you guys took lugazag from us we were like hardly 8 (From what I have seen)with more than 15 uruks on the hunters tracks not including beasts.
    We hugged ta then prolly freeps finished their kin raids or they relogged to help us to have some fights.

On a sidenote stop having freeps as the action killers or the zergers both sides do it and they will keep doing it.(Doesnt go only to stealth)

p.s Cheers for the spar stealth
    My experience yesterday was this:

We finished our kin PVE raid.
    7 or 8 of us went to the EM.
    Found the creeps in LC.
    They kill us (duh).
    People in OOC aparently start to raid up.
    We meet everyone in TA.
    Raid vs Raid.
    Craid gets nuked.
    We switch to creep.
    Freeps are hugging TA.
    Craid disbands.
    Some small group action around TA (with us outnumbering the freeps in those encounters).
    Freeps group up or get more people or something and start hugging the backdoor despite us being completely unable to kill anyone.

What I'm trying to say here is that people could be a bit more open to put themselves in a vulnerable position to spice up the action a bit. I guess this is a topic that has been talked over and over again. But I thought I might share my noob point of view.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rNA52C7.jpg[/IMG]

Waaha R10 Reaver, Tardleader R9 War-Leader, Wargtard R7 Warg
    Fellagund R5 Warden, Eldelcar R4 Lore-Master, Cadwolf R3 Captain, Eldelband R2 Minstrel

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelcar View Post
    We meet everyone in TA.
    Raid vs Raid.
    Craid gets nuked.
    We switch to creep.
    Freeps are hugging TA.
    Craid disbands.
    In few words that sounds correct, though it seems you guys are missing a small important detail.
    Creeps come luga, 9 of us with 1 healer not grouped vs 17 uruks and few spiders. The same number went to TA, we waited west TA for like 15 minutes wonder where the hell craid has gone PvE to. After LC and some PvE stuff has been done, 22 uruks are on track at Omaha (and 6 beasts from a hunter I was talking with). All of this, with 12 freeps inside TA, not more, not less. Craid just passes near TA then disappears for other 20 minutes, making us wonder if it was a joke.
    When finally they decided to come, we had around 18 freeps, all of us NOT grouped, only a fellowship and the rest ungrouped.
    They charged lawn and wiped, and to be honest it was the most disorganized creep charge i've seen since weeks, not suprised it was a wipe, when I was on RAT I saw BA's and reavers everywhere except on me and really splitted up. But ok. 10 minutes later, 25 uruks were on track along with 7 beasts. That's 32 vs. around 20 of us waiting wta not even on stairs like creeps are used to.
    We waited like...15 minutes? for creeps to charge or come. Nothing, they disbanded and minutes later suddendly a load of freeps came out of nowhere, most of them from creep side. I don't even start a raid anymore if not rarely or to stop a farmfest , because in 10 minutes creeps either disband or go grams.

SO basically..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    This is a personalized version of the night. Next time make a warg track our numbers ^^ We did.

It could have been a decent night though, ruined by creeps attitude and PvE leading. Last week and days was pretty fun when Wao was leading, even if we (freeps) wiped and died a lot, at least the action was decent and fun and away from grams pew pew.

Apart from that...
    Cya ingame and less whining in forums pls, some creeps should just be less afraid to die, no one cares about your stats/deaths/rating outside you. When I see r12 Ba with MT and storebrand running like forrest gump from luga to grams from a hunter at 11am with no one else I can just sigh...it's gilrain.
    Last edited by Alakin93; Apr 15 2013 at 10:36 AM.
    [IMG]http://p1.pichost.me/i/60/1839865.jpg[/IMG]
    Alakin - R15 Hunter | Alazergbear - R12 Beorning | Heisenzerg - R10 Minstrel | Juventina - R8 Champion
    Springsteen R8 WL | Mariobalotelli R8 BA | Pogba R8 Spider

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelcar View Post

We finished our kin PVE raid.
    7 or 8 of us went to the EM.
    Found the creeps in LC.
    They kill us (duh).
    We meet everyone in TA.
    Raid vs Raid.
    Craid gets nuked.
    We switch to creep.
    Freeps are hugging TA.
    Craid disbands.
    Some small group action around TA (with us outnumbering the freeps in those encounters).
    Freeps group up or get more people or something and start hugging the backdoor despite us being completely unable to kill anyone.

What I'm trying to say here is that people could be a bit more open to put themselves in a vulnerable position to spice up the action a bit. I guess this is a topic that has been talked over and over again. But I thought I might share my noob point of view.
    I will agree its just sad how pvp became at least in my eyes when i first transferred here the HOT hours of pvping actually happening was amazing, it might be just me because im coming from a server with 0 quality of pvp. When i got here i found a great kin and got welcomed by the freeps of gilrain but now its just hugging and hardly any open fight.. I dont blame someone directly but im wondering except that promotion freeps got what else is wrong? Because im watching gilrain reknown/infamy gains and they are lower than most of the servers somehow...

I saw a bunny in EM !!! O.O

Just gonna throw in my 5 cent.

Firstly i most say i hate PvE in EM, but all this buffs encourage PvE sadly. One of the reason you see so much infamy gain on the bigger servers is cause creeps got about all buffs there is. (see snowy where i earned 22k infamy yesterday).

One of the largest problem i've found the 3-5 times i've been leading is the sudden increase in freeps. After one whipe there is like 30 freeps the next 5 minutes, and with even numbers and freeps grped we don't really have a fighting chance, trust me i'd love to have open fights with freeps, but it's impossible.

I would therefor encourage more freeps to come play creepside and also encourage all the creeps on this forum talking about saving this server by writing 5 pages on forum on how bad it is, to actually come out and play and help out.

Regards Kod/Wao

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    I saw a bunny in EM !!! O.O
    no surprise there....you see bunnies everywhere....)

Quote Originally Posted by affected7 View Post
    what else is wrong?
    From my experience:

1. RoR that discourages solo play and encourages group play/zerging which needs less skill.
    2. Domination style gameplay + OP buffs that encourages PvE.
    3. Renown/infamy inflation made many people quit PvP since ranks lost their meaning.
    4. Current balance, not that big of a deal though. There are many things that need fixing.
    5. Gilrain community as a whole has degraded into a mindless rabble who do provoking stuff to gather attention, seems that even some of the more reasonable people have turned into 16 year olds.
    6. Cheating.
    7. Increased number in fotm classes, aka wardens and minstrels.
    8. Spies.
    9. OOC flamewars/griefing that everyone is tired of.
    10. Hugging and current mentality regarding camping.
    11. Back doors.
    12. UB left his loincloth at Grams, it still demoralizes creeps.
    13. List goes on.

I miss the old days.
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

Debates about what happened on any given night have always been from the point of view of whatever side/toon the person was playing and the this happened, that happened and this is why is as old as the moors. The consistant thing is that in general quality of fighting is worse and folks care more about how much infamy or renown they can make mechanicly than over decent fighting, more and more so I suppose when rank now relates directly to toon power. Look at keep and outpost control - its laughable that both sides want it all when they outnumber the opposition, no-one settles for near even.

Quote Originally Posted by Waolas View Post
    One of the largest problem i've found the 3-5 times i've been leading is the sudden increase in freeps. After one whipe there is like 30 freeps the next 5 minutes, and with even numbers and freeps grped we don't really have a fighting chance, trust me i'd love to have open fights with freeps, but it's impossible.
    This is not a new thing though really is it, there's been a trend for this to happen way back. There is an old joke about the biggest weapon the freeps have being global LFF. But that aside, Gilrains always had a freep surge at times going back to just after post moria.

I would therefor encourage more freeps to come play creepside
    Aka Peli's Gilrain needs creeps campaign, or nox and I arguing the same angle during equally dire periods, Loop era and post Loop era. Gilrain has always had a higher proportion of freeps to creeps than most other servers. Unless you can change the mindset of people to play for the action rather than the titles this is not going to change.

and also encourage all the creeps on this forum talking about saving this server by writing 5 pages on forum on how bad it is, to actually come out and play and help out.
    If I'm included in that - I have this to say; I've played creep through some of the worst imbalances we've had in the past. When we were getting a fifth of the renown raking in, fighting battles in the open against harsh odds, wipe after wipe.

I'd been in and led raids over the course of time when folks like Urukguy, Marak, Sen, Nox, Darv and many more strove to keep decent action alive despite the post moria advantage that freeps had in both power and numbers.

At the moment what reduced time i'm in lotro i'm levelling my freeps, something thats not new, i've always maintained freeps even when i've played creep.

Now many of my old social circle are gone, driven off by changes to the game mechanics, but also by the playstyle choices of some. The imbalance is back big time and I think i've stuck by creep hard times enough to shake off any concerns about doing my bit like water off a ducks back.

I might play my creeps at some point (assuming I don't take a complete break from the game), but most of the people who used to play along side me are gone, me popping back to "do my bit" while the game is like this will not transform the action, it would take a much bigger shift in the player base generally as Jure
    Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    From my experience: List. I miss the old days.
    so eloquently puts it. There are plenty who care, but plenty who only care when its got this bad and amusingly can't see why its got like this.

Hope you stick it out on creep wao and you have my best wishes in galvanising some action, its not always easy to do. Maybe I will be on creep at some point.
    Last edited by Oldwiley; Apr 15 2013 at 01:26 PM.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

Quote Originally Posted by Alakin93 View Post
    just be less afraid to die
    Cheers, this made my day

The forest gump analogy was quite funny too... run grish run

Quote Originally Posted by Jureon View Post
    7. Increased number in fotm classes, aka wardens and minstrels.
    Today i didnt saw any warden or ministrel ruining any action just a raid farming me all the time.

Page 223 of 335 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 233 273 323 ... LastLast