We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 221 of 335 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 231 271 321 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,525 of 8355
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Delotha condones cheating with bots? When one is part of a group of players using bots or other forms of cheating to get an edge in a fight against other players, one is as guilty as the player with the bot.
    Is this really true? Is Delotha a cheater? I won't believe it until I see it confirmed. I have a hard time believing Delotha would sink that low, based on my experience with him in the past.
    I wasnt naming names I was speaking of people in general who help them or group with them, of which there are many. Even to as far as including these people in your raids or joining theirs. Things like this are just like saying "yeah we dont mind how you act or cheat, just as long as the renown/infamy rolls in for ME".

....hey

Quote Originally Posted by DharmaSpider View Post
    Yes , abundance of it.

Another thorn in the side. We all know the kinship(s) clubbing and captain botting in the moores, and i foolishly lived on the last hope that there were freeps out there who were against it still.... Just an observation anyways, luckily jamesar continues to devalue the freep ranking
    There are a few againt it still...

Quote Originally Posted by Romper View Post
    People will do anything to make sure they get their renown/infamy. I dont know why the obsession though as rank means nothing now bots and freever farmers are rife. I dont understand why anyone would heal or group with these people as you are all contributing to killing this game off. We all know that honor went out the window a long time ago, but killing the game off for your own selfish gains is taking it to a new level. Everyone who helps these people or groups with them should be ashamed of yourself. There is no justification in doing so other than you think its ok/cool/funny or what ever. Just know that you helped make this game even worse for yourself and everyone else.

Like I once said "you have the power to make EM better for yourself and everyone else" . granted its harder now to make the game better since Turbine continue to try make us hate PVP to kill it off. But you can help make it better than what it is by making a stand against those who set out to ruin everything.

Wake up and use your noodles before its too late.
    Honour?! Selfish?! Ashamed?! We both know some players dont know the meaning of such words and you missed the point m8: kids just want to have fun and they are uber cool...ah err you didnt miss the point

+rep

....supports that kind of behaviour? All freeps do?
    Don't count me in pls Stof

There are some 90 year olds who don't speak English, you are right. But all children in Norway have to go through MINIMUM 7 years of English learning during year 3-10, and the vast majority also go to school year 11-12/13, adding another 2/3 years with English. This means that nearly 100% of all children in Norway learn English for 9 to 10 years. Also, there is no dubbing of movies and series as most countries in the world have, although Disney Channel often tends to be dubbed. Norwegians get English in via internet, movies, media in general, travelling and school.
    Even the most hardcore construction worker who hated school will be able to communicate at some level via English.
    In Ireland, it is compulsory to attend school until the age of at least 15 and most do not leave before 16. It is mandatory to study Irish for all of that time unless one suffers from a learning disability or came to Ireland after the age of nine.

After studying Irish for no fewer than 14 years of school, I am miles away from fluency as are the vast majority of students who do not further study it.

Being educated in a language does not make one capable of speaking it as language education is generally flawed. That said, I'd be willing to bet that Norweigan state education is far more practical and dynamic than Irish state education.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindel- View Post
    There are a few againt it still...

Honour?! Selfish?! Ashamed?! We both know some players dont know the meaning of such words and you missed the point m8: kids just want to have fun and they are uber cool...ah err you didnt miss the point

+rep

I love Corlindel..... in a manly and platonic way ofc :P

Though I do hate running into you(not that it has happened all that much in a while), it involves so much running xD

To few decent old shools left these days :/
    Last edited by Angdraug; Apr 10 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corlindel- View Post

Wouldn't dream of it.

Have the other freeps sunk this low? That they get help from a BOT? No surprise that Waolas did this though. Heavy p2w goes hand in hand with low morals, and cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    In Ireland, it is compulsory to attend school until the age of at least 15 and most do not leave before 16. It is mandatory to study Irish for all of that time unless one suffers from a learning disability or came to Ireland after the age of nine.

After studying Irish for no fewer than 14 years of school, I am miles away from fluency as are the vast majority of students who do not further study it.

Being educated in a language does not make one capable of speaking it as language education is generally flawed. That said, I'd be willing to bet that Norweigan state education is far more practical and dynamic than Irish state education.

Irish and English are very, very different languages. Only very few Gaelic words were taken into the English language. I don't know much about the syntax either.
    Also, the MEDIA has a lot to say. Alot around us is in English. Everyone uses internet, and thus we are exposed to English. We play video games, of which all are in English. Most tv series are in English (texted) and nearly all films are from Hollywood. Also, most Norwegians go on vacation to another country at least once a year, and we're forced to use English. Also, the two languages are very similar as we &&&&& you 1000 years ago and forced you to learn some Norwegian. Your sentence structure is believed to hail from Old Norse, along with a lot more. There is simply no comparison to Irish vs English.

Norwegians are exposed to English in whatever we do.

I don't believe there is a single Norwegian 10-60 years old who couldn't communicate with an English-speaking person, in English, simple things like ordering food, booking a ticket and other typical tourist things. Even the very weakest pupils can do this. And I should know, I'm an English teacher (with little experience as I've only taught English in 2 classes so far, for 4 months total), and everyone could communicate in English. Even the weakest students, though not at a high level.

But yeah, education alone is not always enough; you are correct. Whether or not education in Norway is better than in Ireland, I don't know. What I do know though, is that Norway scores low on school rankings in OECD countries. Finland is top notch.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi
    Finland is top notch.

Also, the MEDIA has a lot to say. Alot around us is in English. Everyone uses internet, and thus we are exposed to English. We play video games, of which all are in English. Most tv series are in English (texted) and nearly all films are from Hollywood. Also, most Norwegians go on vacation to another country at least once a year, and we're forced to use English. Also, the two languages are very similar as we &&&&& you 1000 years ago and forced you to learn some Norwegian. Your sentence structure is believed to hail from Old Norse, along with a lot more. There is simply no comparison to Irish vs English.

Norwegians are exposed to English in whatever we do.
    Hmm, yeah. I never thought of that. Beyond school and other pathetic attempts to preserve the rotten corpse of Irish, it won't be heard outside of school unless one travels to a Gaeltacht; an area in which Irish is spoken. But these areas are small and shrinking.

And Irish on the Internet is basically non-existent.

I don't believe there is a single Norwegian 10-60 years old who couldn't communicate with an English-speaking person, in English, simple things like ordering food, booking a ticket and other typical tourist things. Even the very weakest pupils can do this. And I should know, I'm an English teacher (with little experience as I've only taught English in 2 classes so far, for 4 months total), and everyone could communicate in English. Even the weakest students, though not at a high level.
    In my school I was in the top higher level Irish class and I was still unable to hold a realistic conversation beyond the basic formalities or some specified questions on the syllabus. That is what happens when a subject is made compulsory when nobody wants to do it. You can't force people to do something they don't want to do and expect them to excel at it. Irish is taught as if everyone already has fluency.

Can I analyse a poem in Irish? Yes. Can I write an essay about social problems in Ireland? Yes. Can I hold an average conversation? No. Irish education in a nutshell.

Whether or not education in Norway is better than in Ireland, I don't know. What I do know though, is that Norway scores low on school rankings in OECD countries. Finland is top notch.
    As far as I know, Norway is now number one on the Human Development Index in which education is a criterion. Your education must be good. It cannot be worse than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Hmm, yeah. I never thought of that. Beyond school and other pathetic attempts to preserve the rotten corpse of Irish, it won't be heard outside of school unless one travels to a Gaeltacht; an area in which Irish is spoken. But these areas are small and shrinking.

And Irish on the Internet is basically non-existent.

In my school I was in the top higher level Irish class and I was still unable to hold a realistic conversation beyond the basic formalities or some specified questions on the syllabus. That is what happens when a subject is made compulsory when nobody wants to do it. You can't force people to do something they don't want to do and expect them to excel at it. Irish is taught as if everyone already has fluency.

Can I analyse a poem in Irish? Yes. Can I write an essay about social problems in Ireland? Yes. Can I hold an average conversation? No. Irish education in a nutshell.

As far as I know, Norway is now number one on the Human Development Index in which education is a criterion. Your education must be good. It cannot be worse than ours.

Education is free, even at university level, and a lot of people (too many?) take higher education. But never have so many dropped out of school( school = primary, secondary, upper secondary; they drop out in upper sec.), and new teacher students struggle with math and writing. I'm sure Irish school has its treats, but it's hard to learn a language when [1] the status of the language is low, [2] you're not exposed to it in daily life, and [3] you feel forced to learn it and don't see the point of it.

Wales has managed to turn around that development somewhat, increasing the status of Welsh. I'm all for conserving languages as they are a part of our cultural heritage and identity feeling.

Delotha doesn't want to comment on heal bots?

Yes , abundance of it.

Another thorn in the side. We all know the kinship(s) clubbing and captain botting in the moores, and i foolishly lived on the last hope that there were freeps out there who were against it still. The other day i sent a pet message in to kindly ask the grams camping freeps to back off while we killed maolas's cappy bot, i thought it was a quite respectable bunch and had a chance of happening, we had the aqua's the delothas' the onthors, the lyrans (lol) a good mix. I infact went all out spam attacking just the cappy ignoring other freeps completely, only to find freeps were not just ignoring the pet and nuking us as usual (granted it must have seemed like free renown and people just cant resist that) but healing the cappy back up, RK heals LM heals cappy Heals mini heals. It was just the cold realisation that some of these people are actually going to stand there and defend botting in moores (regardless of whether they claim to be against it or not). Just an observation anyways, luckily jamesar continues to devalue the freep ranking
    At the height of Lootbox farming by Creeps, me and 2 kinnies stumbled across a Defiler at the Dwarves, he had at least 12 Rank 0 Creeps on follow as he killed npc`s, we killed them all enjoying the free renown and happy we had destroyed this persons farming, within 5 minutes approx 15 Creeps arrived to kill us, obviously endorsing these nefarious farming tactics, it is also well known that many Creeps would farm HH with Creep trains on follow, I dont recall there being an outcry from you, or any other creep about that, indeed Freever trains were encouraged to assist in the farming.

That said, I am against the botting Captains on follow, as I was against the Freever Trains assisting in farming.

All freeps do?
    The regular PvP`ers will have noticed that myself and a few others are not to be seen in EM as much nowadays, I stopped Raid leading last December, and stopped joining Raids shortly after that, if I am in EM it is normally with a few kinnies for a couple of hours a week (compared to maybe 20-30 hours/week a few months back), there are numerous reasons for this, cheaters, botters, farmers, clubbers. The attitude of numerous players on BOTH sides has made PvP (for me) a much less attractive way of using my time in ME. So, no Stoff, not all freeps condone this or any other dubious behaviour.

Yes Reapor, Gilrain pvp has gradually become a shambles, I'm not suprised you spend little time there. I am sure there are plenty of people who are against exploit play on both sides, others who are indifferent and some who find it a right laugh. Unfortunately the latter group are impossible to sanction, adding to the sense of pointlessness of Gilrain pvp; on the rare occasion I have logged on, the quality of action is dire and its that way for a reason.

Wales has managed to turn around that development somewhat, increasing the status of Welsh. I'm all for conserving languages as they are a part of our cultural heritage and identity feeling.
    Welsh is very different as an entity than Gaelic in scottish and Irish terms. Language is a much greater part of the Welsh identity for historic reasons. Irish independence gives a sense of national identity through revolution and scottish through the lengthy wars that tore at its distinction from the geographical island of Great Britain.

Wales, although it fought a war in defence of its conquest and was a hotbed of revolution, links strongly to the attempts to exterminate the language following conquest. Punitive laws and measures to force english to replace it as the spoken language were both brutal and highly extreme.

Despite this small communities in the dispersed landscape of the principality resisted attempts to extinguish it and the language became deeply intertwined with the Welsh identity in a way not really applicable in the other fringes of the British Isles. One side effect of being small with a 125 mile land border with big brother was a very different cultural effect of the wars of the British Isles.

Since Welsh was already so strongly built into the cultural psyche of Wales its survival and influence was much easier to profile and expand.
    Last edited by Oldwiley; Apr 11 2013 at 10:39 AM.

I'm all for conserving languages as they are a part of our cultural heritage and identity feeling.
    This is the most common argument in favour of preserving Irish. I disagree with it, A. Because Irish is irrelevant to modern life and B. Because millions of euro is being spent on ill-conceived efforts at preserving it in a time when the country lacks that money.

Also, running around in loincloths, hating British people and smacking eachother on the head with shilelaghs is also part of Irish cultural heritage That doesn't mean we still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    At the height of Lootbox farming by Creeps, me and 2 kinnies stumbled across a Defiler at the Dwarves, he had at least 12 Rank 0 Creeps on follow as he killed npc`s, we killed them all enjoying the free renown and happy we had destroyed this persons farming, within 5 minutes approx 15 Creeps arrived to kill us, obviously endorsing these nefarious farming tactics, it is also well known that many Creeps would farm HH with Creep trains on follow, I dont recall there being an outcry from you, or any other creep about that, indeed Freever trains were encouraged to assist in the farming.

That said, I am against the botting Captains on follow, as I was against the Freever Trains assisting in farming.
    And here we have yet another classic example of the type of players who assume the second someone logs over onto a different side the actions they take are representative of that whole population. How many creeps do you see multiboxing reapor ? The answer is none. Because multiboxing on creep is useless. Having a WL / defilor follow you around would only server to increase the amount of renoun your giving freeps. There are two kinships who multi box, and the creeps who used it to farm for boxes were all part of these two kins. The veteran creeps wouldnt dream of doing it, and the creeps we have now can barely control one character never mind 7. The example i gave was 4 well established freep players, healing and prolonging the existence of a bot in game. If someone said to me reapor is in x y z location with only a few other people, you could bet your entire household there will be an instant migration of creeps to that area. Its very rare you are seen without the back up of 4 minis heal rks cappys ravebots etc.

It would be safe to assume those creeps werent supporting multiboxing but really just wanted you dead and saw a chance to get it without having to fight to the back of an entire freep raid to get to you.

It would be safe to assume those creeps werent supporting multiboxing but really just wanted you dead and saw a chance to get it without having to fight to the back of an entire freep raid to get to you.
    LOL. But seriously yes I have never once seen freever trains in gameplay other than tramping to an obscure part of the map to be farmed by BD. And of course by other kins on other servers. Reapor you are ranked enough for the entire server to want to nip over and toast your bow! Try to see it as a compliment (of sorts).

A creep receiving help from other creeps does not mean we all know and/or love this person. If a person calls for help in OOC, I do not do a full background check on them before responding, if freeps are at a location I map there for the kills.

If I happened to map onto a person multi-boxing to farm for lootboxes, it does not mean I agree with that action. It simply means I responded to a call for help in OOC with no prior knowledge of the person I was helping.

So, Reapor, not all creep help replies will be from friends of that particular creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post

The regular PvP`ers will have noticed that myself and a few others are not to be seen in EM as much nowadays, I stopped Raid leading last December, and stopped joining Raids shortly after that, if I am in EM it is normally with a few kinnies for a couple of hours a week (compared to maybe 20-30 hours/week a few months back), there are numerous reasons for this, cheaters, botters, farmers, clubbers. The attitude of numerous players on BOTH sides has made PvP (for me) a much less attractive way of using my time in ME. So, no Stoff, not all freeps condone this or any other dubious behaviour.
    The creeps doing this are usually the same freeps mentioned earlier, usually member of a certain kin. Also, if creeps turned up to help the cheater, I'm sure the creeps were only told "freep at XX" and did not know he was cheating. That would be logic as I seriously doubt there are 12 creeps who would help a cheater. We all curse them in ooc.

Anyways, it makes me happy to hear that a veteran like yourself don't condone this kind of behaviour and would rather stop playing than be involved in cheating. Too bad the same can't be said to go for other freep veterans.... It's not that hard to tell cheaters to get lost, and to fight somewhere else. You can pace yourself 50m to the cheaters left or right, you can boicot it alltogether, with a clear message to the cheaters.

[QUOTE=Oldwiley;6745190

Welsh is very different as an entity than Gaelic in scottish and Irish terms. Language is a much greater part of the Welsh identity for historic reasons. Irish independence gives a sense of national identity through revolution and scottish through the lengthy wars that tore at its distinction from the geographical island of Great Britain.

Wales, although it fought a war in defence of its conquest and was a hotbed of revolution, links strongly to the attempts to exterminate the language following conquest. Punitive laws and measures to force english to replace it as the spoken language were both brutal and highly extreme.

Despite this small communities in the dispersed landscape of the principality resisted attempts to extinguish it and the language became deeply intertwined with the Welsh identity in a way not really applicable in the other fringes of the British Isles. One side effect of being small with a 125 mile land border with big brother was a very different cultural effect of the wars of the British Isles.

Since Welsh was already so strongly built into the cultural psyche of Wales its survival and influence was much easier to profile and expand.[/QUOTE]

Ireland was more attractive and easier to conquer than Wales due to its geography. Too many Englishmen settled Ireland too early, and Ireland got messed up. Wales has plenty of mountains, and the country wasn't as attractive to the English. Also, they were conqured much later.

Anyways, I hope you keep your cultural identities.

Actually the last census (2 years ago) showed a drop in the number of Welsh language users and the also showed that the Welsh "heartland" areas are dying. I was born in the West, where I could go for a whole day and not here a word of English. The last 8 years I have lived in the east where I can go a whole day and not here a word of Welsh. I am typical of many Welsh in recent times who have made this move for economic reasons but it seems the langauge is being effected. My wife and I speak Welsh as our first language, and the language of our home is Welsh. My children go to a Welsh medium primary where the majority of pupils' parents can't speak Welsh (sue to the area we live in) but have chosen to send their children through Welsh medium education.

Sounds good? Yes it does, but the problem is Welsh is becoming an academic language in these areas where the social language and the language of the school yard is predominantly English(even in Welsh schools). When my first child started I asked her teacher how she was coping and the teacher said "She's doing excelently, and she's making new friends but I do have to translate for her a lot of the time" - which wasn't very reassuring for me. It's a constant battle to get the pupils to use Welsh on their own accord. Whilst the agricutural West that I come from are losing people drastically. It's all coming down to the economics of it all and this half-arsed devolution we have has not helped as many hoped.

What good can come to a language if you never use it?

Ireland was more attractive and easier to conquer than Wales due to its geography. Too many Englishmen settled Ireland too early, and Ireland got messed up. Wales has plenty of mountains, and the country wasn't as attractive to the English. Also, they were conqured much later.
    Yes, the terrain was difficult for the English but hardly a major factor in the outcome of the "Conquest". You also suggest that Wales had an identity in 1282. It didn't. Longshanks didn't conquer Wales, as much as he conquered the House of Aberffraw in Gwynedd. It's far too simplistic to say the Llywelyn ap Gruffudd scored those victories against the English for the good of Wales. He was just as cruel to other Welsh princes as he was to the English. We didn't gain a true sense of Identiy until 1536, and the hardships between then and the end of the 19th century.

However, as living proof, I'd argue that ANY cultural identity linked to language, however small, is worth preserving and I'd support any movement, ideology or objectives to reimplement the growth of Gaelic in Ireland, and Scotland for that matter.

Anyway Stoff, this is a massive derail!!!!!!!!!

Apologies et al.
    Last edited by Bogburz; Apr 12 2013 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogburz View Post
    Actually the last census (2 years ago) showed a drop in the number of Welsh language users and the also showed that the Welsh "heartland" areas are dying. I was born in the West, where I could go for a whole day and not here a word of English. The last 8 years I have lived in the east where I can go a whole day and not here a word of Welsh. I am typical of many Welsh in recent times who have made this move for economic reasons but it seems the langauge is being effected. My wife and I speak Welsh as our first language, and the language of our home is Welsh. My children go to a Welsh medium primary where the majority of pupils' parents can't speak Welsh (sue to the area we live in) but have chosen to send their children through Welsh medium education.

Sounds good? Yes it does, but the problem is Welsh is becoming an academic language in these areas where the social language and the language of the school yard is predominantly English(even in Welsh schools). When my first child started I asked her teacher how she was coping and the teacher said "She's doing excelently, and she's making new friends but I do have to translate for her a lot of the time" - which wasn't very reassuring for me. It's a constant battle to get the pupils to use Welsh on their own accord. Whilst the agricutural West that I come from are losing people drastically. It's all coming down to the economics of it all and this half-arsed devolution we have has not helped as many hoped.

What good can come to a language if you never use it?

Yes, the terrain was difficult for the English but hardly a major factor in the outcome of the "Conquest". You also suggest that Wales had an identity in 1282. It didn't. Longshanks didn't conquer Wales, as much as he conquered the House of Aberffraw in Gwynedd. It's far too simplistic to say the Llywelyn ap Gruffudd scored those victories against the English for the good of Wales. He was just as cruel to other Welsh princes as he was to the English. We didn't gain a true sense of Identiy until 1536, and the hardships between then and the end of the 19th century.

However, as living proof, I'd argue that ANY cultural identity linked to language, however small, is worth preserving and I'd support any movement, ideology or objectives to reimplement the growth of Gaelic in Ireland, and Scotland for that matter.

Anyway Stoff, this is a massive derail!!!!!!!!!

Apologies et al.
    According to Garrett (2010), several studies do show that the Welsh language's status has been increased, much due to government attention. This has, supposedly, stopped the decline of the language. The book is on my desk at uni, so I don't remember the specifics atm.

I disagree with your identity opinions though, as the Welsh have "always" been a people apart from England. This was because the Saxons, Jydes and Angles took over England and absorbed or drove off the Celts living there, whilst the Celts in Wales, Cornwall and Scotland remained the same during this period. Their culture was pushed to the edges of the island, and many Celtic people were absorbed by the invaders with time, as genetics show. There is plenty of literature to back this up, especially during the Viking period, which testifies that the Welsh were a different people and culture than England. They had their own kings, their own language, their own culture and their own ways.

Cruel princes and kings existed everywhere.

And indeed, what you say about language is very correct. Language has to be used in daily life to survive, and it needs to have status.

Where are all the cheaters hiding? Normally, we get a fair share of people from a certain kin bragging about their cheating. Not so fun now when you realise you're ruining the server, making even freeps stop PvP'ing because of your blatant cheating?
    Last edited by stoffi; Apr 12 2013 at 04:02 AM.

Where are all the cheaters hiding? Normally, we get a fair share of people from a certain kin bragging about their cheating. Not so fun now when you realise you're ruining the server, making even freeps stop PvP'ing because of your blatant cheating?
    sry busy making bots, can't talk!
    Last edited by Enska; Apr 12 2013 at 04:39 AM.

Thanks to all creeps who joined my craid and thanks to freeps who kept comibg back after whiping :-)

One of the more fun evenings for me:-)

regarding botting, i'll agree to above posters that it's very destroying for pvp. hence i'll apologize for the botting and wont do it again .

Hoping to see even more creeps the comings nights my plan is to try leading a few craids in the coming weeks :-)

And here we have yet another classic example of the type of players who assume the second someone logs over onto a different side the actions they take are representative of that whole population. How many creeps do you see multiboxing reapor ? The answer is none. Because multiboxing on creep is useless. Having a WL / defilor follow you around would only server to increase the amount of renoun your giving freeps. There are two kinships who multi box, and the creeps who used it to farm for boxes were all part of these two kins. The veteran creeps wouldnt dream of doing it, and the creeps we have now can barely control one character never mind 7. The example i gave was 4 well established freep players, healing and prolonging the existence of a bot in game. If someone said to me reapor is in x y z location with only a few other people, you could bet your entire household there will be an instant migration of creeps to that area. Its very rare you are seen without the back up of 4 minis heal rks cappys ravebots etc.

And I presume you only skim read my post to pick out bits that you could have a go at, or more than likely you read it, didnt understand it and replied with your normal `have a go at Reapor post`

1. Not once did I imply the whole creep population are guilty of cheating, a part of your post says that Creeps NEVER multibox, then you say that 2 kins multibox on Creep, so is it NO Creeps, or SOME Creeps. Do ALL Freeps cheat (as you often imply) or just SOME.

2. As I said in my post I havnt Raided in EM since around December, the largest group I have been in is 5, hardly a Raid to fight through to get to me. And hardly 4 or 5 Mini`s backing me up.

3. I have NEVER had a healbot accompany me around EM, I find your accusation both laughable and disgusting, but kinda sums you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mournsigh View Post
    LOL. But seriously yes I have never once seen freever trains in gameplay other than tramping to an obscure part of the map to be farmed by BD. And of course by other kins on other servers. Reapor you are ranked enough for the entire server to want to nip over and toast your bow! Try to see it as a compliment (of sorts).
    Really, you have never seen a Freever train farming npc`s in HH for Lootboxes, you must play with all 8 eyes shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Waolas View Post

regarding botting, i'll agree to above posters that it's very destroying for pvp. hence i'll apologize for the botting and wont do it again .

Good to hear, and a wise decision. I'm afraid though, that the botting might have been the final cheating straw for many(along with everything else being wrong with pvp), who now will take some convincing to bring back.

I sure would hope you meant that woalas regarding botting, that was the simple reason myself and many others refused to join your craid last night out of principle. The craid looked fun and it had action going for quite some time.
    Only problem is convincing the other 1 regarding bots and maybe just maybe people can start coming back, like stoff said, I think damage has already been done and unlikely to get some good players back.
    We will see how it pans put in coming days

ok , i want to clear my name cause i'm one of those creeps who complained at freep ooc about bots , as geror said. i wasnt in wao's raid , i made my own group...so pls dont say all creeps are hypocritical... and as Stoff said, dmg is done and there is no turning back... my group was ( Loritz, Herburz , Razzy and me ) these creeps were with me!!!!
    I've blackened the sun and I've bloodied the moon.

According to Garrett (2010), several studies do show that the Welsh language's status has been increased, much due to government attention. This has, supposedly, stopped the decline of the language.
    Bog's comments were insightful and accurate from an on the ground position, Welsh has evolved rather than stopped declining:

And indeed, what you say about language is very correct. Language has to be used in daily life to survive, and it needs to have status.
    This is the point and I think the element that is most important, Welsh is becoming almost like latin in a legal context; It has status, its used in official doumentation and in the assembly, but its more and more not the language of daily life. So its in decline where it was traditionally spoken, but on the increase in a different circle in the centres of power. Forgive the analogy Bog, but thats where i've seen it going.

I disagree with your identity opinions though, as the Welsh have "always" been a people apart from England. This was because the Saxons, Jydes and Angles took over England and absorbed or drove off the Celts living there, whilst the Celts in Wales, Cornwall and Scotland remained the same during this period.
    Careful of the sweepingly simplistic history: the word Celt comes from the Greek meaning any barbarian whatsoever living north of Greece in classical times and the "Celts" of Ireland and Wales were largely unrelated peoples, Scotland had strong links to Ireland as it was populated by the (Dal Raida?) migration of peoples from Eire who merged and pushed at those living there.

Cornwall and Wales were the same tribes, but there is little evidence that there was a push of people to the fringes, rather that the incoming migrants merged with "celtic" populations gradually. The only abrupt influx was the vikings who dominated the gene pool following invasions. In a welsh context its one reason why areas like Swansea (Viking) was distinct from areas like Gwynnedd (not viking).
    But Bogburz makes the strongest point, like Ireland, Wales was a diverse and disparate menagerie of peoples until much later in its history, when like India the whole concept of a nation was driven by its hardships and mutual struggle over time.

which testifies that the Welsh were a different people and culture than England. They had their own kings, their own language, their own culture and their own ways.
    Wales had a dramaticly different culture to England yes, they did not have any kings at all (until one sat on the english throne), there has never been a King of/in Wales distinctly.
    Last edited by Oldwiley; Apr 12 2013 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Makawulf View Post
    ok , i want to clear my name cause i'm one of those creeps who complained at freep ooc about bots , as geror said. i wasnt in wao's raid , i made my own group...so pls dont say all creeps are hypocritical... and as Stoff said, dmg is done and there is no turning back... my group was ( Loritz, Herburz , Razzy and me ) these creeps were with me!!!!
    Sorry your right Saw didn't mean to tar everyone with the same brush but after reading a lot of the OOC earlier that day as did you. you can see my point. I'm sure there were some that took part in the rant and the raid

Even still was good to get down to some good old fighting

Page 221 of 335 FirstFirst ... 121 171 211 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 231 271 321 ... LastLast