We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 195 of 335 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 205 245 295 ... LastLast
Results 4,851 to 4,875 of 8355
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Action has been excellent tonight. Unplanned 22-man tribe raid, I am happy.
    Man and Tribe, what is going on?
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322100000011e518/01004/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

Quote Originally Posted by Retarius View Post
    I must agree with stoff here. Warg is far harder to play than hunter.
    1. Warg has to learn how to stay behind target for positional damage, unlike hunter which turns combat assistance and spams PS.
    2. Warg has to learn his debuffs, 1 or 2 debuffs can make the difference between loss and win.
    3. Warg has to time his stuns perfectly, there's nothing better than stunning fully buffed hunter mid ISB animation.
    4. Shadow wargs have roughly 10-20% less mitigations than hunters and have only 1 skill that bypasses mitigations (which btw isn't that good), flayer wargs are tad different but there's not many competent flayer wargs on gilrain.
    1. Hunter has inductions that if they get interupted they go on cooldown so if needfull haste is on cooldown.
    2. Hunter MUST learn to turn his mouse because if he wont face his target he cant hit ranged skills.
    3. Hunter must spot the warg fast enough or he has taken enough dps to make it even more harder for him.
    4. Hunter must use skills like low cut / qq of the predator / Parry+ skill (cant remember the name) IN ORDER TO USE THAT AMAZING OVERPOWERED HEAL OF HIS xD (Low cut/Barbed arrow/QQ of the predator might get resisted yeah wrong will prolly get resisted)
    5. Hunter doesnt have a stance that will make him less squishy.
    6. Hunter doesnt have any espace skills so he must be carefull or he will turn wargmeat (sadly today ive seen my 4th solo warg in almost 2 months)
    7. Hunter when gets jumped loses his improved focus skill which is seriously important for a good nuking start (Sadly after a good crit 90% hips or sprints and waits for the oppurtunity to appear)
    8. Hunter must use his skills correctly so he has the chance to beat a warg because only dps wont win it for him EXCEPT 7 aud wargs.
    9. Most hunters will get farmed to death with 7 audacity unlike the warg that has 2 escape skills and a ALL TIME stealth.

And ofc im speaking vs skilled wargs or at least the wargs who know more things than having a wargpack or spamming bestial claws on squishies.

Here we are tonight, in the biggest tribe raid I've ever seen on Gilrain:

Eventually we will have 24 or more.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by affected7 View Post

And ofc im speaking vs skilled wargs or at least the wargs who know more things than having a wargpack or spamming bestial claws on squishies.
    Sadly there are not many solo wargs out there , I wish there was , nothing wrong with a 1 v 1 death even to a Warg . I truly miss seeing those hated few that had the ability to survive solo . I know of none worthy of that praise since perhaps Mokrum ( come back dude it's boring without you ! ) the rest live by numbers and are simply incapable of anything other than hiding behind the feeble excuse of P2W , integrity (do me a favour lol) , so called skill (do me a favour again) or just plain old dishonesty .

Wargs got a huge boost and perhaps rightly so with the last updates but there are no true greats anymore and I don't care how much certain clowns cj or use the "rude" emote , it won't change your status .

Strange and perhaps ironic that I actually rue and indeed mourn their passing . It was tough to beat them but hey that's what it's all about , the challenge .

Side bar ....been hunting recently only a few active burgs left . The action during the day had been pretty slow but nevertheless good , perhaps Brandy isn't the answer ...

To keep the dice rolling: I agree with Ret that going blue in the moors on champ is milking the cow a little bit too much, we're already extremely OP in a normal 1v1 situation(except against Defilers). Thats just the opinion from an old skool glass cannon though.

On a brighter note awesome RG raid tonight.
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Here we are tonight, in the biggest tribe raid I've ever seen on Gilrain:

Eventually we will have 24 or more.
    Managed to photobomb with 1 leg :-)
    [SIZE=2][COLOR=lightblue]The Elders [/COLOR] / [COLOR=red]The Ancients [/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210100000d1d29/signature.png]Berzlegz[/charsig]

Was a great tribe night, thks freeps and tribe
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2322101000015b8c1/signature.png]Doctorwolf[/charsig]

Twas nice to see a large creep tribe raid, its rare indeed.
    "Romper: You have the power to make EM less boring for yourself and everyone else. "
    "Look for your lore. But do not trust to lore, it has forsaken these lands." - Eolore prince of Lorehan

Action has been excellent tonight. Unplanned 22-man tribe raid, I am happy.
    You guys lagged the game tottaly for me. I had to leave the raid for an hour :P. Still, it was very nice day .
    R7-R7-R6-R6-R4-R4-R4

1. Hunter has inductions that if they get interupted they go on cooldown so if needfull haste is on cooldown.
    2. Hunter MUST learn to turn his mouse because if he wont face his target he cant hit ranged skills.
    3. Hunter must spot the warg fast enough or he has taken enough dps to make it even more harder for him.
    4. Hunter must use skills like low cut / qq of the predator / Parry+ skill (cant remember the name) IN ORDER TO USE THAT AMAZING OVERPOWERED HEAL OF HIS xD (Low cut/Barbed arrow/QQ of the predator might get resisted yeah wrong will prolly get resisted)
    6. Hunter doesnt have any espace skills so he must be carefull or he will turn wargmeat (sadly today ive seen my 4th solo warg in almost 2 months)
    7. Hunter when gets jumped loses his improved focus skill which is seriously important for a good nuking start (Sadly after a good crit 90% hips or sprints and waits for the oppurtunity to appear)
    8. Hunter must use his skills correctly so he has the chance to beat a warg because only dps wont win it for him EXCEPT 7 aud wargs.
    9. Most hunters will get farmed to death with 7 audacity unlike the warg that has 2 escape skills and a ALL TIME stealth.

Hunters don't NEED any of the above. They can simply stand still and press very few buttons without moving. Hunters are EASY to grasp, easy to get infamy on but hard to master, as with all classes. They don't depend on melee, a warg does. Hunters are not designed for melee, they are designed for range and that doesn't exactly demand a lot from you. Complaining about it is like me complaining about being poor, when living in the richest country in the world and still having bread on my table, going on vacations, etc. It's not credible; it's rather absurd.

Edit: No class has ALL TIME STEALTH. A hunter can be stealthed as much as any warg if he chooses to. But once any of them decide to attack, they have to leave stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Sadly there are not many solo wargs out there , I wish there was , nothing wrong with a 1 v 1 death even to a Warg . I truly miss seeing those hated few that had the ability to survive solo . I know of none worthy of that praise since perhaps Mokrum ( come back dude it's boring without you ! ) the rest live by numbers and are simply incapable of anything other than hiding behind the feeble excuse of P2W , integrity (do me a favour lol) , so called skill (do me a favour again) or just plain old dishonesty .

Wargs got a huge boost and perhaps rightly so with the last updates but there are no true greats anymore and I don't care how much certain clowns cj or use the "rude" emote , it won't change your status .

Strange and perhaps ironic that I actually rue and indeed mourn their passing . It was tough to beat them but hey that's what it's all about , the challenge .

Side bar ....been hunting recently only a few active burgs left . The action during the day had been pretty slow but nevertheless good , perhaps Brandy isn't the answer ...
    Sadly, there are not too many solo freeps out there, I wish there were.

No point blaming the wargs, as you do. Turbine "disabled" solo play so that it is close to eliminated. There is absolutely no point being a solo warg when all freeps are grouped. And the other way around, there's no point being a solo freep when all creeps are grouped(well, that's a lie, several classes are op enough to take on groups of creeps).

A few wargs grouped up, most quit or changed class when their solo days were over. Looking at the dailystays for each day is horrible, extremely few wargs up there.
    And judging by those charts, there aren't many packs either.

Hunters on the other hand, thrive as well as ever. Not having to try for positional dmg, not having to move at all, only pressing a few buttons, not worrying much about cc, launching massive dmg in few seconds from 40m and safety. It's all good and easy, so hunters are still renown winners.

And yes, it is COMPLETELY absurd to claim that a 40m ranged pew class is harder to play than a melee/cc/stealth class. A melee/cc/stealth class involves soooo much more factors and they have to risk their neck to get infamy, whilst the hunter can focus on quick dps only, from 40m safety. Anyone who has played this kind of game could tell you the same thing without ever touching hunter or lotro pvp. Even Turbine says so. Ofc the hunter will die sometimes, but for every death he will have gotten loads of renown. If you find this logic unlogical, I suggest you try convincing people that warm is cold and cold is warm. When you've done that, perhaps you manage to bend logic here as well.

But I understand. Many hunter players have always lived in denial and due to the fact that their arch nemesis is the warg, they have created the illusion that wargs are easy and all players playing warg stink, with comments such as Keeslaff's, that he stinks and can kill most freeps, indirectly saying that most wargs stink but still pwn(none of us other wargs can stink and kill most freeps, but Keeslaff knows best). Hunters on the other hand, are extremely hard to grasp and rank very slowly. Only due to the incredible skill of so many hunter players are they able to get more renown than most classes and carry the day. This then justifies the whole hunter-warg situation for them, and they need this illusion to be able to keep their heads high....whilst the rest of us can't stop smiling.
    Last edited by stoffi; Feb 05 2013 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Hunters don't NEED any of the above. They can simply stand still and press very few buttons without moving. Hunters are EASY to grasp, easy to get infamy on but hard to master, as with all classes. They don't depend on melee, a warg does. Hunters are not designed for melee, they are designed for range and that doesn't exactly demand a lot from you. Complaining about it is like me complaining about being poor, when living in the richest country in the world and still having bread on my table, going on vacations, etc. It's not credible; it's rather absurd.
    100% true in PvE env or RvR.
    But stoff, you have 5,5 years of experience in moors and you know that its rarely happening. In moors hunter is 80% in melee range. 40m advantage is a myth. Absurd is that you know everything about class you havent played. Ret posted his way of playing hunter and now i understand why he failed in 1v1 with r2 warg, without store skills.

Hunters on the other hand, thrive as well as ever. Not having to try for positional dmg, not having to move at all, only pressing a few buttons, not worrying much about cc, launching massive dmg in few seconds from 40m and safety. It's all good and easy, so hunters are still renown winners.

And yes, it is COMPLETELY absurd to claim that a 40m ranged pew class is harder to play than a melee/cc/stealth class. A melee/cc/stealth class involves soooo much more factors and they have to risk their neck to get infamy, whilst the hunter can focus on quick dps only, from 40m safety. Anyone who has played this kind of game could tell you the same thing without ever touching hunter or lotro pvp. Even Turbine says so. Ofc the hunter will die sometimes, but for every death he will have gotten loads of renown. If you find this logic unlogical, I suggest you try convincing people that warm is cold and cold is warm. When you've done that, perhaps you manage to bend logic here as well.
    You keep repeating this 40m and safety arguments, but there is no invisible wall in 40m radius around hunter that you cannot pass, there is no force shield.

There is so many bad hunters bcuz theyre thinking just like you, and i repeat myself, dont call for logic, its Turbine.

But I understand. Many hunter players have always lived in denial and due to the fact that their arch nemesis is the warg, they have created the illusion that wargs are easy and all players playing warg stink, with comments such as Keeslaff's, that he stinks and can kill most freeps, indirectly saying that most wargs stink but still pwn(none of us other wargs can stink and kill most freeps, but Keeslaff knows best). Hunters on the other hand, are extremely hard to grasp and rank very slowly. Only due to the incredible skill of so many hunter players are they able to get more renown than most classes and carry the day. This then justifies the whole hunter-warg situation for them, and they need this illusion to be able to keep their heads high....whilst the rest of us can't stop smiling.
    Firt, ive never said i can kill most freeps. I didnt siad that all wargs suck because i suck on warg. Dont lie please. Stop putting words in my mouth. Its low. Ive never said "Hunters on the other hand, are extremely hard to grasp and rank very slowly", another lie.

And only person in denial and illlusion is you stoff. Your "hunter play style" is illusion and you keep denying it. Ive never said "hunter is extremely difficult", im saying is not so easy as you think, and that warg is easier. To please you: hunter is easy, warg is easier. Happy?

I rolled warg to find out "how it is", and still when im on warg i keep asking myself "&&& is stoff talking about? its not that hard". Roll hunter, maybe you will ask yourself "&&& is Keeslaff talking about, its not that hard", but untill you do it i keep repeating "You have no idea what you are talking about". And its fact.

Playing warg is not rocket science, neither hunter. But comparing my experience (not sayin im experienced warg) on both classes ive found warg easier.
    Last edited by giboosc; Feb 05 2013 at 06:47 AM.
    Gilrain: Keeslanaff - r12 RVR
    Withy: Keeslaff - r13 HNT, Cometodaddy - r9 BA, Warglaff -r7 STK

Quote Originally Posted by giboosc View Post
    100% true in PvE env or RvR.
    But stoff, you have 5,5 years of experience in moors and you know that its rarely happening. In moors hunter is 80% in melee range. 40m advantage is a myth. Absurd is that you know everything about class you havent played. Ret posted his way of playing hunter and now i understand why he failed in 1v1 with r2 warg, without store skills.

You keep repeating this 40m and safety arguments, but there is no invisible wall in 40m radius around hunter that you cannot pass, there is no force shield.
    You're taking the term 'fantasy' to a whole new level here. A hunter is 80% of the time in melee range? With claims like that, you kinda throw away all shreds of credibility. Even my warg can't get into melee that much due to all the ranged freeps.

I trust you have been present at many of the thousands of ec/oc pew fests we've had, where ranged units dominate. Only when a sudden creep push surprises a slow hunter will he be forced to get into melee. I'd say a hunter is ranged 90-95% of the time.
    Numbers are strength, and most hunters are grouped, giving them the range they need at all times. To die to a solo creep in a group of freeps is quite impossible unless you're lvl 40.
    Also, if you get killed in a melee fight going from spawn to the fight, you're just lazy or you aren't very experienced. No one needs to be camped, only lazy people.

99% of your infamy comes from ranged fights, 90-95% of your time spent in the moors fighting someone is done at a range.

Hunter is melee 80% of the time.... You crack me up there.
    Last edited by stoffi; Feb 05 2013 at 07:47 AM.

You're taking the term 'fantasy' to a whole new level here. A hunter is 80% of the time in melee range? With claims like that, you kinda throw away all shreds of credibility. Even my warg can't get into melee that much due to all the ranged freeps.

I trust you have been present at many of the thousands of ec/oc pew fests we've had, where ranged units dominate. Only when a sudden creep push surprises a slow hunter will he be forced to get into melee. I'd say a hunter is ranged 90-95% of the time.
    Numbers are strength, and most hunters are grouped, giving them the range they need at all times. To die to a solo creep in a group of freeps is quite impossible unless you're lvl 40.
    Also, if you get killed in a melee fight going from spawn to the fight, you're just lazy or you aren't very experienced. No one needs to be camped, only lazy people.

99% of your infamy comes from ranged fights, 90-95% of your time spent in the moors fighting someone is done at a range.

Hunter is melee 80% of the time.... You crack me up there.
    Hmm, i was preety sure im talking with average intelligent person. Do i really need keep repeating myself in every single post? Im talking about SOLO, not zerg, raid, group, SOLO. Get it?

Numbers are strength, and most hunters are grouped
    exactly, and you know why? >put here my previous posts, all of them<

Off topic. When i speak to people i try to treat them seriously, and tryin to reply to ALL they say. I could take your extremely ignorant opinion about hunter stealth and keep "loling" at it for next 10 pages, because believe me, you showed your ignorance posting something like this, i was shocked how little you know about hunter class.

edit
    Agree, that "80%" thing was exaggeration
    Last edited by giboosc; Feb 05 2013 at 09:12 AM.

1.Needful haste has 45s duration and has 1:30 cooldown, it's not so hard to have it up most of the time, also cry of the hunter prevents from induction setback, or it was supposed to do so.
    2. So does every class, burglars and wargs have it harder because they both have to turn them to foes AND get behind their foes.
    3.It's not true, even if warg starts the fight nothing is lost.
    4. And warg has to use debuffs so? Agile rejoinder heal with legacy isn't too bad and every little heal matters.
    5. But has traitline that can reduce chance of getting in melee range.
    6. What do escape skills matter in fight?
    7. What do you expect non moving target that will just stand there and be nuked? Thought you were talking about skilled wargs.
    8. Every class has to use skills correctly to beat anything hunters are no exception for this.
    9. Every player will be farmed if he can't play his class.

@kees

Bragging about killing audacity 1 hunter on auto run? Still can assure you it was easier for me to gank your storebranded hunter on my warg
    Last edited by Retarius; Feb 05 2013 at 09:56 AM.

Edit: No class has ALL TIME STEALTH. A hunter can be stealthed as much as any warg if he chooses to. But once any of them decide to attack, they have to leave stealth.
    My god so you say a hunter can burn a flayer warg or a shadow in 2/3 seconds so the warg will reach him to land a few hits to achieve that you need to track the warg and sadly when you do it the warg can hit hips or sprint to avoid that advantage of the hunter EASILY sadly when hunter gets attacked he must stay and fight or to be close in a keep to hug npcs if he cant burn the warg. Those skills are a must for any classes he counter and if a hunter doesnt know them he is prolly new to his class or just not a main toon.

Have you even played the hunter? Freep rank will matter after u10 so more reknown is just for the showoff same as rating.(that goes for the easy reknown)

Burgs and stalkers can be all the time on stealth a hunter has only a STAND STILL stealth skill and if he is an elf a 30minutes cooldown slow movement stealth. I play both of classes and i know that by far its easier to be a warg on the area called ettenmoors than a hunter. If you make a hunter just to steal reknown with pew pew skills then i pity you.

Freeps are not soloers? you just lost it. last week i was solo every warg i faced decided to use hips and come with a pack or another creep.

Quote Originally Posted by Beraine View Post
    Managed to photobomb with 1 leg :-)
    One too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Retarius View Post
    Bragging about killing audacity 1 hunter on auto run?
    Last time we spoke about this youve said "i am poorly geared", now it was autorun (induction skills during autorun? strange), what will be next? "It wasnt me"? And im not bragging.

Still can assure you it was easier for me to gank your storebranded hunter on my warg
    Its allways easier when you got 3 dog-fellas. Now youre braggin

Last time we spoke about this youve said "i am poorly geared", now it was autorun (induction skills during autorun? strange), what will be next? "It wasnt me"? And im not bragging.

Its allways easier when you got 3 dog-fellas. Now youre braggin
    Now,now underpowered hunter go take your pills and talk less bs.

As for my warg, speak whatever you say I will always gank you like last noob on my warg.

Ret did you step out of a 360N0SC0P3SN41P3R3L173CODPWNER clan or something? I get that smell off you. Or maybe you forgot to change your nappy, it can be difficult to tell.

Nope, it's just simple to kill player that doesn't know his own class

Ret did you step out of a 360N0SC0P3SN41P3R3L173CODPWNER clan or something? I get that smell off you. Or maybe you forgot to change your nappy, it can be difficult to tell.
    Do not feed Troll

Guys, don't all be like wow or zomfg or OMFGYOUROCK....I once killed a lvl 40.
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210100000ab941/signature.png]Krink[/charsig]

Do not feed Troll
    If he can eat comments about his nappy then he has serious metabolic problems. That was not feeding.
    This is feeding:

Ret please stop being so mean to us, come on. We are all sick of your comments. I hate you. We all hate you. You are such an annoying person...

^ That was feeding.

Apologies for responding a bit late, but I don't read this forum very much..
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldwiley View Post
    I can understand people getting annoyed with being nuked by warg packs by suprise, but have never understood the blind hatred or resentment it generates. Its pretty easy to call any class lame: There's always a way to justify it.
    Succeeding in killing someone just because you can press a bunch of 'you may not use any skills at all' buttons (chainsilence, chainstun) is something I find fairly irritating. These skills simply obviate the need for skilled play.
    Ok each to their own for sure, but wargs are no less likely to chainstun than burgs, loremasters or runekeepers, and there's plenty of cc swimming around on creep and freep side alike. Any group of 7 of anything is gonna nuke a solo and most likely cc it to death. If anything Gilrain has fewer "large" wargpacks than other servers.
    Aren't they? There's hardly any burgs and LMs in the moors these days, and while RKs can stun, I am not really aware of them doing so exclusively and repeatedly.. Of wargs, otoh, there are quite a few. (I am not sure why I should care that wargs are even more obnoxious on other servers: Should I feel grateful?)
    Furthermore, while it's all well and good to note that other classes exist that possess comparable skills, it seems to me that if those classes hardly ever behave the same way, this matters. As such, I'm not sure things even out as easily as you here try to suggest.

What most folks dislike about wargs is their ability to flee the scene of a crime, kk I an relate to that, but then again they are not built to take punishment, in the absence of this other toons adopt tactics that are equally predictable or irritating. I'm not "proud" of playing warg, but belittling it makes little sense, it takes a degree of competence to get the most out of like all the toons.
    And hunters *are* built for it? What makes wargs special? If DF can be blocked in combat without devs caring about hunters dying a lot, so should sprint.

Hey guys, I'm not sure if the clubber RK will ever decide to do some real pvp, but I'm not going to throw even one heal at him. I hope people will follow because he's just a disgrace. I think the clubber reaver is him also and need to be taken in the same way. Sadly we can do only that. That was one of the advantages Coddies had over Turbine.

Btw. Holddoc you are the Mad Max of our PvP . Pleasure to fight against you
    R7-R7-R6-R6-R4-R4-R4

Page 195 of 335 FirstFirst ... 95 145 185 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 205 245 295 ... LastLast