We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 144 of 335 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 154 194 244 ... LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 8355
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthiness View Post
    Also dont forget you and i choose our own fights while visible classes will often be called out in /ooc and multiple creeps/freeps come help out.
    Only the op freeps. If you think you have a chance, you'll kill him yourself. If you know he's too strong or more freeps might be inc, you call for help.

There's plenty of visible roamers on creep side btw. I bump into them all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Only the op freeps. If you think you have a chance, you'll kill him yourself. If you know he's too strong or more freeps might be inc, you call for help.

There's plenty of visible roamers on creep side btw. I bump into them all the time.
    Before RoR: Kaz and every now and then Romper, also Dharmaa but hes invicible as well. And when I'm roaming the map mysef I indeed come across lots of people but thats just lowbies returning to the fight/questing/coming from grams, and they're not generally after a 1v1
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Quote Originally Posted by Zuik5986 View Post
    Obviously a player must have some form of skill to be able to test it or even understand what I'm saying.

If you're going troll people Peli, do it right.
    I just find it hilarious that you think you're testing you're own skill when you play the 2nd most OP freep class in the game....

Hehe not hateful at all Just laughing at the skill tester who likes to test his skill so much you can find him at the slugs outside grams or HH testing his skills on greenies a lot of the time

You say a lot are not bothered about ranks, you are correct as i have chatted with many over the years, but they ARE bothered about getting the EM armours and jewells or skills creepside, which take ranking up ^^ the quicker you rank, the quicker you get the booty

I'm not very properous at sparring because I've never had one and never will, I prefer a looking for a proper 1v1 out and about in EM, with the chance of being caught by others.

You question my skills, i'm happy the way i am, in PVE & PvMP, I struggle with minis, champs and some rk's but beat far far more than i lose and could always get better obviously, but i play for fun after a hard days work guesstimating and mashing numbers.

Keep enjoying your "spars" but keep your eyes open
    Last edited by Markopollo; Oct 24 2012 at 11:01 AM.
    Hairylegs Wvr R11 The Gramsfoot Lawn Tennis Club - Sneaketh Wrg R6 - Lugbasher WL R7
    Markopolo Gdn Lvl 95 (R7 SoA) - Frazzle RK Lvl 95 R5 - Bowlcut Brg Lvl 85 R3 - Hope & Glory

*blinks*...I have 4 stars?! o.0 hmm wonder if I should try to get 2k rating
    Razzy|Guardian|Rank13|Rasburz|Warleader|Rank11
    "Come back with your Shield, Or on it."
    Shield-Walling Delotha since 1968.
    Temporary Leader of Fenris (Waiting for Del to come back from the land of Souvlaki.)

Ima get my nerfbat ready for you
    [CENTER][COLOR=#FF0000]Officer of Hope and Glory[/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]​Necrosia[/COLOR]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]G.L.T.C. Warmonger
    [URL="http://www.hopeandglory.eu"]www.hopeandglory.eu[/URL][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Zandras View Post
    Ima get my nerfbat ready for you
    Noooo!! not the Nerfbat! D:...wait I need a nerf? 0.o...It is ME we're talking about...
    Razzy|Guardian|Rank13|Rasburz|Warleader|Rank11
    "Come back with your Shield, Or on it."
    Shield-Walling Delotha since 1968.
    Temporary Leader of Fenris (Waiting for Del to come back from the land of Souvlaki.)

The bottom line with the "spars" debate is, yeah you can do them but dont expect some immunity from you or your opponent getting ganked. Im not threatening to do that but there is plenty people who will. You have to remember EM wasnt designed for a spar zone or for spars to take place. Its a battlefield with supposed action that can happen anywhere in the map, basically its a free for all last man standing affair. If you would like a spar zone then drum up a thread for turbine to create an arena type scenario like in other MMO games.
    Also to suggest someone doesnt like spars as they cant be good at them is wrong. I can think of more reason to dislike spars than to like them. Sparring isnt a true indication of how good a player is ether, as you know what you are up against and what is going to happen. You arent being tested properly.
    Being able to adapt to surprise attack or ambushing the next person who rides by without caring who or what they are are the things that make you a better player as you are being made to use all your skills and noodle to think. Also being able to operate in a team and look out for your team mates. These are the things in my eyes that make great players and the ones who can do these things to a high level get more of my respect than someone who spars all the time fighting the same people.
    Surely peeps can see how spars if they are wanted or needed(cant see how they are needed) , then they should be well away from things that may ruin the action or infact get interrupted.

Like I keep saying , you have the power to make EM a better place for yourself and for everyone else.
    -----------------------------Scumbags tribe--------------------------------------

Romper is right.

I don't really get it... Sparring = clubbing? :/
    And I'm an ezmoder for sparring, I should try to find random 1v1's instead... I'm doing both! xD And I love both. They are a bit different tho.

I btw find the average spar to be a lot harder than the average random 1v1 encounter. It could be because I play a stealth class, but open area 1v1s are usually against low ranked freeps on their way to the action and because they often are poorly geared and unprepared many of the fight are really one-sided. Spars on the other hand are against freeps that agree to fight me and the fights are a lot more even.

As for improving and player skill, I'm not really thinking that you can have that much ''skill'' in this game, as the skill rotations are pretty easy and cc/positional dmg is rather impotent. I do, however, try to look back at every fight and see if there was something I could do better or different. I feel that I learn as much or even more from spars than ''real'' fights, and as long as you consider there being a possibility for improvement of player skill I really cant see why you think you dont get any of that improvement from spars.

About people ganking spars. People gank spars, p2w, zerg, club, spar, pve all day, farm slugs and whatever. As long as some people find it fun and it doesn't ruin the other action on the server, why not let them do it? If people choose to gank spars. Well, it's not much to do about it, nothing to cry your eyes out for anyway. Ignore and move on :P

Its was nice to leave GV tonite! thank you to both sides had fun : )

Quote Originally Posted by Ranroth View Post

I btw find the average spar to be a lot harder than the average random 1v1 encounter :P

Ofc, that's because you give up being a warg and you become a the equivalent of a visible. An unstealthed warg isn't very tough.

Meaning, you give up the element of surprise, which is the most important advantage a warg has. A spar is thus no where close to a real fight and you can't get much of a clue towards relative strength from it, in my opinion.

Ofc, that's because you give up being a warg and you become a the equivalent of a visible. An unstealthed warg isn't very tough.

Meaning, you give up the element of surprise, which is the most important advantage a warg has. A spar is thus no where close to a real fight and you can't get much of a clue towards relative strength from it, in my opinion.
    And how do you get much of a clue about real strength when you only ever fight Branded up ??????
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    And how do you get much of a clue about real strength when you only ever fight Branded up ??????
    +Moose+ tells you, 'Do you still need me to put the smack down on this foe??'

Quote Originally Posted by itghhhf View Post
    Its was nice to leave GV tonite! thank you to both sides had fun : )
    Hear, hear, was good fun
    Loving my spider
    Hairylegs Wvr R11 The Gramsfoot Lawn Tennis Club - Sneaketh Wrg R6 - Lugbasher WL R7
    Markopolo Gdn Lvl 95 (R7 SoA) - Frazzle RK Lvl 95 R5 - Bowlcut Brg Lvl 85 R3 - Hope & Glory

it was a good action ^^ had fun tonight...thanks Finally im getting sth as defy ^^
    Last edited by Makawulf; Oct 26 2012 at 04:28 AM.
    I've blackened the sun and I've bloodied the moon.

And how do you get much of a clue about real strength using an LI?

But you know, I use it, just like the RK uses EC, just like you use IMS, just like the captain uses LS, just like the LM uses his SI on others. And it feels gooooooooooooooood! We have all got different advantages.

qqqqqqq

Its called EZmoding

just like you use IMS
    Trololololol...

You really cant be serious about this one?!
    ~Nimolas R11 Warden (Retired before RoR) (Snowbourn)

~Eralwen R10 hunter

Well give him some credit it's really hard to defend his brand wnich 1-2 wargs on server use Comparing it to skills ALL Lms,Cpts and RK have it's really clever. Career in politics await Stoff !
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/2921e0100002de95a/signature.png]Trongash[/charsig]

qqqqqqq
    ... coming from u

lol Stoff, comparing skills to brands now or LI's I think when they put in the new dps values the counted on freeps using LI's not the crafted weapons Whatever they do with creeps freeps and EM, you will always have something to cry about don't you Stoff since creeps now got stronger (atm before gear etc) you actually compare your brand to freep skills... this is a whooole new lvl now Maybe next you can complain that we have a mailbox in GV now and you don't and how this negatively impacts your playstyle on warg xD
    Leniency is for the weak, I'd rather die than show you mercy, Slaughter is yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Enska View Post
    we have a mailbox in GV
    The end is near.

.....After all these years, finally?
    [Juregar/Laurelin] [Jureon/Evernight] [Ragetrain/Laurelin]
    Member of Puliveivarit
    I was a corner survivor

And how do you get much of a clue about real strength using an LI?

But you know, I use it, just like the RK uses EC, just like you use IMS, just like the captain uses LS, just like the LM uses his SI on others. And it feels gooooooooooooooood! We have all got different advantages.

qqqqqqq
    Lol at you, comparing skills to lootbox drops,

and by the by, if I turned up in EM naked and carrying a Fishing Rod, you`d still use your Brand and probably say I didn`t need the Rod, it was OP.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

Fishing ..??? When ? were ? i will be there
    [IMG]http://images.gs-cdn.net/static/users/120_20150233.jpg[/IMG] Numenos/Champ

Quote Originally Posted by TronGilrain View Post
    Well give him some credit it's really hard to defend his brand wnich 1-2 wargs on server use . Comparing it to skills ALL Lms,Cpts and RK have it's really clever. Career in politics await Stoff !
    So ALL freeps use unfair stuff that only one side has when only 1-2 wargs do the same? omg!

Quote Originally Posted by Enska View Post
    lol Stoff, comparing skills to brands now . or LI's I think when they put in the new dps values the counted on freeps using LI's not the crafted weapons Whatever they do with creeps freeps and EM, you will always have something to cry about don't you Stoff. since creeps now got stronger (atm before gear etc) you actually compare your brand to freep skills... this is a whooole new lvl now Maybe next you can complain that we have a mailbox in GV now and you don't and how this negatively impacts your playstyle on warg
    We all have different pots, skills, items, etc. Deal with it! I am not complaining that you can craft all kinds of c**p, or that you can use LIs, or that you have Remorseless Strikes and I do not.

As with crafted pots, items, skills, LIs, mordirith's brand is given to some creeps to help them, just like crafted pots, items, skills, LIs help captains, loremasters, burgs, etc.

But I know Reapor is only baiting. And for that, I will always use a brand against him, knowing he'll die easily without it too.

I like it how you're trying to make the brand into something "we shouldn't use because it's unfair". Name ONE thing that's unfair about it. ONE thing.

Narg, you are the last person to speak of this, you p2w, op freep. Your bubbles are op and we don't have them, making fights unfair. Still you use them. Why? Because you have them ofc. Nothing unfair about it, but according to your logic, it's extremely unfair because only a few players in the moors can use champ bubbles.

Meanwhile, I'll be using my ingame-gotten brands the way they were meant to be used, whilst laughing out loud every time I kill a qq'er who qq because his gank squad can't get me when he calls for help in solo fights. ^^

Edit: Why is it "fair" that freeps have 4-5x as many skills as creeps? ^^ On behalf of Reapor, I ask all freeps to take away 3/4 of their skills from their keymap when they enter the moors, in order to make things "fair". ^^
    Last edited by stoffi; Oct 26 2012 at 01:02 PM.

Page 144 of 335 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 154 194 244 ... LastLast