We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 135 of 335 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 145 185 235 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,375 of 8355
  1. #3351
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Every time I log onto these forums there is at least half a page more of steaming, liquid silage for me to read through with the occasional post that isn't raw faecal matter.

    Outline your lamentation in the first few lines to make it easier please.

  2. #3352
    Quote Originally Posted by Romper View Post
    You nubs really need to turn it in with creeps buying skills is on a par with P2W stuff.

    It is truly remarkable hoe many ppl cant afford P2W and use that to validate it is unfair, but those same ppl can clearly afford to buy loads of Creep Skills which are more expensive.

    I can afford P2W as it comes from my 500TP`s per month for VIP Subscription, but I cant afford to buy new skills on my Creep, as my budget is 500TP/month, where`s the fairness in that.

    No-one has said that buying skills is on par, but it amazes me the amount of ppl who cant afford P2W, but can afford to buy skills.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  3. #3353
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Squelcher View Post
    Every time I log onto these forums there is at least half a page more of steaming, liquid silage for me to read through with the occasional post that isn't raw faecal matter.

    Outline your lamentation in the first few lines to make it easier please.
    Squelch is a nubcake baker.
    -----------------------------Scumbags tribe--------------------------------------

  4. #3354
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Romper View Post
    Squelch is a nubcake baker.
    Wanted clearer and concise posts...

    was not disappointed.

  5. #3355
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillrain View Post

    but crying on forum all the time about same stuff omg he P2W He store branded he Potted He Done this and this omg omg omg omg ..wont help and wont fix em. (not saying u crying) .
    You know what , i agree with you there. Its getting tedious, we know who P2W, they are even proud of it some of them. But no amount of moaning, naming and shaming is gonna make them stop. Heck they are like forum trolls, you moan about them they then use P2W more.

    Just take a step back after someone has used P2W to beat you or infact die against you and feel good knowing they HAD to use P2W to beat you or infact the used it and still lost. Ether way they are losers anyway.
    -----------------------------Scumbags tribe--------------------------------------

  6. #3356
    [QUOTE=stoffi;6457709]And I'll say the same to Reapor, he knows absolutely nothing about creepside. Nothing. .

    QUOTE]

    This is a completely lie, I know plenty about Creepside.

    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    I've never seen you use p2w and never said I have.

    Hah, the minority on creep side... lol. The minority on creep side uses p2w, I NEVER see creeps with def/off p2w buffs except bromo sometimes. And believe it or not, I run groups to get keeps/relics relatively often. When I do that, I check for p2w on everyone around me, as do I at the normal pew fights. A few use falling immunity, that's it.
    Creeps using brands and off/def buffs is a MYTH. I click a lot of people up, I group 1-2 times a day, I've played most days since early April, I have only seen Peli and Bromo use brand and off/def buffs, though I know a few others have used brands. That's nearly 7 months of playing without seeing people use it. And you would be surprised to find out how often I am around without you seeing me... (duh )
    And still it is not the same as when an op class uses it.
    Do you realise how many times you contradict yourself in this paragraph:

    `I NEVER see creeps with def/off p2w buffs except bromo sometimes`

    `Creeps using brands and off/def buffs is a MYTH. I have only seen Peli and Bromo use brand and off/def buffs`

    `That's nearly 7 months of playing without seeing people use it.`

    Make your mind up Stoff, NEVER is never, not apart from a few times, it cant be a MYTH if you`ve seen ppl doing it, nearly 7 months of playing without seeing people use it............ apart from those you`ve already mentioned

    and I can guarantee there are a lot more Creeps out there using P2W.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  7. #3357
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Götaland, Sweden
    Posts
    85
    Cost of skills and stuff as of now.
    Cheaper on monday evening as you ?all? know.
    As well as "contents".
    Skills and stuff cost comms and nothing else to me.
    Everyone can afford that.
    Just takes a lot of time to get them comms.
    Won't mention that other T... Points wording in full and what it possibly can buy in terms of skills as it's an ugly word.
    According to lotro-wiki.com, this is what it costs for the Defiler : cliquez vous ici

    Let's see, rank 11. Wow, 3 new things available to buy.
    1 - Class trait : Frugal Cursing (1500 comms, not using it in practise I guess, not buying then I think)
    2 - Racial trait : Tireless Warrior (1500 comms, not using it in practise I guess, not buying then I think)
    3 - New R11 skin : - Auroch Masked Blogmal Appearance (7500 comms, for that price, lol, don't see I'll buy that or the other)

    So no new skills or alike at R11. Only slightly better on existing skills as it is for us all when we rank/level up.
    You fight for so long for a rank (or loads of levels) and you get in practise nothing.
    Anyone else been there/done that?

    Makes me sad, makes me wanna go home from work and open "the cupboard".
    Creep: Eruznakh RK8 Defiler
    Freep: Espereth L58 Lore-master
    and others...

  8. #3358
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    [QUOTE=Reapor;6460147]
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    And I'll say the same to Reapor, he knows absolutely nothing about creepside. Nothing. .

    QUOTE]

    This is a completely lie, I know plenty about Creepside.



    Do you realise how many times you contradict yourself in this paragraph:

    `I NEVER see creeps with def/off p2w buffs except bromo sometimes`

    `Creeps using brands and off/def buffs is a MYTH. I have only seen Peli and Bromo use brand and off/def buffs`

    `That's nearly 7 months of playing without seeing people use it.`

    Make your mind up Stoff, NEVER is never, not apart from a few times, it cant be a MYTH if you`ve seen ppl doing it, nearly 7 months of playing without seeing people use it............ apart from those you`ve already mentioned

    and I can guarantee there are a lot more Creeps out there using P2W.
    Really?


    I'll give you a quick lesson on both syntactics and semantics in English, without meaning to be rude.

    You can use bombastic statements with an EXCEPT behind it, or using the word ONLY. And since I do mention those two players several times as users of p2w, it is very obvious and clear to (nearly) all readers of the post that when I use bombastic statements, I mean EXCEPT peli and bromo, especially since the word EXCEPT is used.

    This is low, Reapor. You are trying to pedantic and you argue for the sake of arguing, it's called bickering. If you want to discuss semantics, please do it in a pm. We all know how to read, we all know what I am saying.


    I also excepted falling injury buff, also mentioned several times.



    You don't know much about creep side, as you've shown plenty of times, confirmed by a long range of creeps responding to your previous post about creep side. When will you listen to others?

    The next time you want to pretend you don't understand my post, please save the others on this forum from listening to this bickering and pm me about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Romper View Post
    You know what , i agree with you there. Its getting tedious, we know who P2W, they are even proud of it some of them. But no amount of moaning, naming and shaming is gonna make them stop. Heck they are like forum trolls, you moan about them they then use P2W more.
    No amount of moaning and shaming is enough when it comes to p2w. It's a horrible thing which is part of everything which is wrong with pvp. Creating a negative view on p2w has contributed in FEWER people using it because they don't want to be associated with something so many people think is a negative thing. Why else don't we all use p2w like a certain kin ++ does?

  9. #3359
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by EruzEsp View Post
    Makes me sad, makes me wanna go home from work and open "the cupboard".
    Dare we ask whats in that cupboard?
    -----------------------------Scumbags tribe--------------------------------------

  10. #3360
    [QUOTE=stoffi;6460197]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    Creating a negative view on p2w has contributed in FEWER people using it because they don't want to be associated with something so many people think is a negative thing. Why else don't we all use p2w like a certain kin ++ does?
    Wrong Stoff. I'd bet my monthly (pointless) 500tp that the majority of creeps/freeps who use it don't give a stuff what others think about it. They use it for their enjoyment of the game fundamentally which is sub categorised with factors such as, wanting more balance/had enough of being ganked/have fun face rolling themselves around etc etc.

    If people truly "cared" about their PvP, in terms of quality, skill, Guild/Faction compeitiveness etc then they wouldn't be in this game. period. And I don't mean any disrespect to the Moors full-timers here but they are all saints and deserve medals for sticking with it but most of them are here for their enjoyment of the lore/community/friendships. PvMP is a joke, a side game and a cash cow. I'd find it hard to believe anyone is here because they feel this is the best PvP environment they've encountered in the MMO market lol.

    Enjoy it for what it is Stoff because if you really want quality PvP then you're in the wrong game, and It'll be a lot better for your health and people's eyes from reading your posts.

    Enjoy the RoR launch all!
    Bog

  11. #3361
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    327
    [QUOTE=Reapor;6460147]
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    And I'll say the same to Reapor, he knows absolutely nothing about creepside. Nothing. .

    QUOTE]

    This is a completely lie, I know plenty about Creepside.
    Heres a list of your creeps as of Lotro Alt finder 12/10/2012

    - Mouldrat (r6) reaver.

    Thats it. Not even an old school r6 that took ages to get. Its a reaver with about 30k infamy.

    you know nothing about creepside. This isint me stirring up a pot for the sake of winding somebody else up for a response. Its just cold hard evidence. You havent clocked enough playtime on creep to know enough about creep play on gilrain.

    just like stoff hasnt played enough freep to know what he's talking about 98% of the time. Ok he had that burglar ( an irl friend ... which we all believe) who came and went. He may claim to have freeps on other servers, but thats completely irrelevant as he cant comment on freep play/mindset of gilrain freeps.
    Last edited by DharmaSpider; Oct 12 2012 at 12:47 PM.

  12. #3362
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    [QUOTE=Bogburz;6460279]
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Wrong Stoff. I'd bet my monthly (pointless) 500tp that the majority of creeps/freeps who use it don't give a stuff what others think about it. They use it for their enjoyment of the game fundamentally which is sub categorised with factors such as, wanting more balance/had enough of being ganked/have fun face rolling themselves around etc etc.

    Well, that's not how human psychology works. Many of us would want to go around close to naked but we don't because society doesn't accept it.

    If an activity is viewed with enough negative eyes, that activity can become taboo and is something many will be ashamed to do, even if they have an urge to do it. Just think about it, table rules for example. You might want to lick the plate, hit the table with your knife and fork, slurp, burp, fart, shout, be rude to others, etc etc, but you don't because people will think badly about you and it will follow you in life.

    Some people really don't care about many of these things and will burp and slurp at the table, not caring anything for what others think.

    Some people have a lower treshold for farting when other people are around, whilst others keep it inside nearly no matter what.

    Or take Norway for example. A LOT of slobs who just want a few years off live on welfare, without being sick or anything. Society looks at this in a negative light but some people just don't care and think it is completely fine to live on welfare when they are able to work. (Note that EVERYONE who wants a job can get a job in Norway) ( I know several people like this. One of my co-bouncers quit his job to go on welfare because it was more relaxing)


    That's how human psychology works and since we're all humans playing lotro....

    We are a community and the community decides what is right and wrong. As in every society, not everyone cares about societal rules and norms. Some norms/rules are more set in stone than others.

    So, as long as p2w is viewed by something negative by such a large portion of the Gilrain community, many will stay away from p2w to avoid the "shame" and the negative evaluations of them by the rest.


    If p2w was seen as something positive and good, much more people would use p2w. Hell, even I would probably use p2w if everyone including myself was positive towards it, maybe even you. If no shame and negativity was connected to p2w, I GUARANTEE that much more people would use p2w.

    The way of the human mind. We do what society tells us to do, EXTREMELY generally speaking.
    Last edited by stoffi; Oct 12 2012 at 12:57 PM.

  13. #3363
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Saurons Pocket
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by EruzEsp View Post
    Cost of skills and stuff as of now.
    Cheaper on monday evening as you ?all? know.
    As well as "contents".
    Skills and stuff cost comms and nothing else to me.
    Everyone can afford that.
    Just takes a lot of time to get them comms.
    Won't mention that other T... Points wording in full and what it possibly can buy in terms of skills as it's an ugly word.
    According to lotro-wiki.com, this is what it costs for the Defiler : cliquez vous ici

    Let's see, rank 11. Wow, 3 new things available to buy.
    1 - Class trait : Frugal Cursing (1500 comms, not using it in practise I guess, not buying then I think)
    2 - Racial trait : Tireless Warrior (1500 comms, not using it in practise I guess, not buying then I think)
    3 - New R11 skin : - Auroch Masked Blogmal Appearance (7500 comms, for that price, lol, don't see I'll buy that or the other)

    So no new skills or alike at R11. Only slightly better on existing skills as it is for us all when we rank/level up.
    You fight for so long for a rank (or loads of levels) and you get in practise nothing.
    Anyone else been there/done that?

    Makes me sad, makes me wanna go home from work and open "the cupboard".
    You will need all your comms for consumables as they have changed them again. Last time I logged BR the stack sizes were reduced to 5 from 10 and the price has gone from 125 to 300.

  14. #3364
    [QUOTE=stoffi;6460333]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogburz View Post


    Well, that's not how human psychology works. Many of us would want to go around close to naked but we don't because society doesn't accept it.

    If an activity is viewed with enough negative eyes, that activity can become taboo and is something many will be ashamed to do, even if they have an urge to do it. Just think about it, table rules for example. You might want to lick the plate, hit the table with your knife and fork, slurp, burp, fart, shout, be rude to others, etc etc, but you don't because people will think badly about you and it will follow you in life.

    Some people really don't care about many of these things and will burp and slurp at the table, not caring anything for what others think.

    Some people have a lower treshold for farting when other people are around, whilst others keep it inside nearly no matter what.

    Or take Norway for example. A LOT of slobs who just want a few years off live on welfare, without being sick or anything. Society looks at this in a negative light but some people just don't care and think it is completely fine to live on welfare when they are able to work. (Note that EVERYONE who wants a job can get a job in Norway) ( I know several people like this. One of my co-bouncers quit his job to go on welfare because it was more relaxing)


    That's how human psychology works and since we're all humans playing lotro....

    We are a community and the community decides what is right and wrong. As in every society, not everyone cares about societal rules and norms. Some norms/rules are more set in stone than others.

    So, as long as p2w is viewed by something negative by such a large portion of the Gilrain community, many will stay away from p2w to avoid the "shame" and the negative evaluations of them by the rest.


    If p2w was seen as something positive and good, much more people would use p2w. Hell, even I would probably use p2w if everyone including myself was positive towards it, maybe even you. If no shame and negativity was connected to p2w, I GUARANTEE that much more people would use p2w.

    The way of the human mind. We do what society tells us to do, EXTREMELY generally speaking.
    Stoff,

    What are you on about? Seriously...
    Don't talk to me about farting, slurping, burping blah blah. Talk to me about playing computer games because that's exactly what this is. Apart from the fact that your analogies are somewhat patronising they are so out of context it is unreal. The way of the human mind? lol. As a student of post-graduate qualitative research surely you see this

    "We do what society tells us to do"? Fine, so who is society here? Gilrain? The same 10 people who post here day in day out? You? Mate, surely you see that your views and the people who support them on this forum are so non representive of "society" that you have no means to achieve what you're setting out to do. The store is here to stay and not just in LOTRO but in MMOs of the future. Sub based MMOs are dying and F2P models will be the way of the genre oor it will die altogether. It's just unfortunate that Turbine picked a horrible model and ofc it has effected PvP. But there were and still are far greater issues and challenges for PvP in this game and I highly doubt they'll ever be overcome. In the meantime, the majority of people will enjoy it for what it is or move on, as you should.

  15. #3365
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    [QUOTE=Bogburz;6460361]
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Stoff,

    What are you on about? Seriously...
    Don't talk to me about farting, slurping, burping blah blah. Talk to me about playing computer games because that's exactly what this is. Apart from the fact that your analogies are somewhat patronising they are so out of context it is unreal. The way of the human mind? lol. As a student of post-graduate qualitative research surely you see this

    "We do what society tells us to do"? Fine, so who is society here? Gilrain? The same 10 people who post here day in day out? You? Mate, surely you see that your views and the people who support them on this forum are so non representive of "society" that you have no means to achieve what you're setting out to do. The store is here to stay and not just in LOTRO but in MMOs of the future. Sub based MMOs are dying and F2P models will be the way of the genre oor it will die altogether. It's just unfortunate that Turbine picked a horrible model and ofc it has effected PvP. But there were and still are far greater issues and challenges for PvP in this game and I highly doubt they'll ever be overcome. In the meantime, the majority of people will enjoy it for what it is or move on, as you should.

    A game and a server are also communities, just like normal society. Of course it's not the same, you don't need to tell me that, but the basics of a society still apply.
    Why don't we all club? Why is LC HS a sanctuary? Why don't we interrupt spars? Why don't we all p2w? Why do we use all skills in spars when other servers don't allow all skills?

    I'll tell you why. Because society's(gilrain) norms and rules tells us. Some norms are less set in stone, some norms are debated and can't be called norms, some norms are broken by many people, some norms are followed by as good as everyone.
    The thing is that society decides in various ways what is right or wrong, more or less.

    All this works in combination with what YOU/WE/I want to achieve in the game, how we thrive. Very few are completely unaffected by society norms, even Nargai usually respects spars.

    You may think it's silly, but think about it... When was the last time you went to LC HS and did not kill freeps? When was the last time you were at LC HS and saw a freep on low morale and didn't kill it? Because you don't want to? Sure, but society helped you decide that.

  16. #3366
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogburz View Post
    Stoff,

    What are you on about? Seriously...
    Don't talk to me about farting, slurping, burping blah blah. Talk to me about playing computer games because that's exactly what this is. Apart from the fact that your analogies are somewhat patronising they are so out of context it is unreal. The way of the human mind? lol.

    +1

    For some its game Bog for others it might be a bit more meybe even to much..
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/232210000000f8048/01003/signature.png]undefined[/charsig]

  17. #3367
    [QUOTE=stoffi;6460384]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogburz View Post
    The thing is that society decides in various ways what is right or wrong, more or less.
    Though this is a very simplistic view I agree with you in principle, however:

    (a) You, this thread, is not representative of the "society", even a small one such as Gilrain. Even the majority of people who do post here don't agree that it's worth getting so upset about.
    (b) Why would people worry about hurting society when they are not "breaking rules" decided by society? History is full of witch hunts with such perceived "noble" causes that have done more harm than good.

    If you are suggesting, that if you gather enough witch hunters that you'll submit enough pressure on the P2W'ers to stop then you are grossly mistaken. P2W is not breaking any rules, therefore there is no need for "society" to frown since the consequences are insignificant at best. Like I said, those that would truly care about the state of PvP in their GAMING (I'll say again, this is a game) lives wouldn't be here. The majority here for friendship/lore/PvE.
    Last edited by Bogburz; Oct 12 2012 at 02:06 PM. Reason: typos

  18. #3368
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    I did not get up today expecting to witness a philosophical debate on the sociology of the community of the Gilrain Ettenmoors...

  19. #3369
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    [QUOTE=Bogburz;6460447]
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    Though this is a very simplistic view I agree with you in principle, however:

    (a) You, this thread, is not representative of the "society", even a small one such as Gilrain.
    (b) Why would people worry about hurting society when they are not "breaking rules" decided by society?

    If you are suggesting, that if you gather enough witch hunters that you'll submit enough pressure on the P2W to stop then you are grossly mistaken. P2W is not breaking any rules, therefore there is no need for "society" to frown since the consequences are insignificant at best. Like I said, those that would truly care about the state of PvP in their GAMING lives wouldn't be here. The majority here for friendship/lore/PvE.
    I agree with both (a) and (a) completely. And the society rules are much weaker because we are all sitting behind a screen. Call it diet society, society light. ^^

    As for (b), though I don't represent the community, I am a member of the community, I got a knowledge of the community. That CAN be enough to know what society means, depending on a lot of things ofc. Knowledge and membership might not do anything for you in regards to interpreting society. But I believe that I have enough knowledge and experience from Gilrain to know that the general attitude( on creep side mainly) is relatively negative towards p2w, for various reasons.

    You may disagree of course.

    The way I see it, it's pretty much only the users of p2w who are positive towards it, and the majority of those are already on FOTM/OP classes and have shown that they completely lack any code of ethics when it comes to this game, so they are a lost cause anyways. But those who have a code of ethics, those who care what others think, they will in a higher degree be affected by what society thinks and they will avoid doing things that put them in what many deem a bad light.


    No one has to agree of course, but this is how human psychology works. At least according to what I've been taught and how I interpreted it.


    Edit: I'm writing my MA in (English) socio-linguistics btw. And I've studied psychology, 6 years ago.(flunked )

  20. #3370
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    362
    [QUOTE=stoffi;6460384]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogburz View Post


    A game and a server are also communities, just like normal society. Of course it's not the same, you don't need to tell me that, but the basics of a society still apply.
    Why don't we all club? Why is LC HS a sanctuary? Why don't we interrupt spars? Why don't we all p2w? Why do we use all skills in spars when other servers don't allow all skills?

    I'll tell you why. Because society's(gilrain) norms and rules tells us. Some norms are less set in stone, some norms are debated and can't be called norms, some norms are broken by many people, some norms are followed by as good as everyone.
    The thing is that society decides in various ways what is right or wrong, more or less.

    All this works in combination with what YOU/WE/I want to achieve in the game, how we thrive. Very few are completely unaffected by society norms, even Nargai usually respects spars.

    You may think it's silly, but think about it... When was the last time you went to LC HS and did not kill freeps? When was the last time you were at LC HS and saw a freep on low morale and didn't kill it? Because you don't want to? Sure, but society helped you decide that.
    You know what's your problem? You can't realise that you are minority in this society. 80% of gilrain players use store for perks and for them YOU are the weird one, because you don't use something you pay/paid for. Also as for warg being underpowered/need of branding against people, not sure what you all are talking about lately.

    I have rank 8 warg. I can think maybe of one person of each class that can beat me, warg is OP if to take into consideration I am not best warg around and I win 90% of my encounters and I don't pick only 5k hunters unlike certain rank 11 warg with mordirith brand. Some just should learn to play properly, and yes I think/believe/say this certain rank 11 warg is hopeless and completely skillless, time to learn how to move instead of cry on forums.

    RoR will be out in days...



    I think....

    It's time....

    to...


  21. #3371
    [QUOTE=stoffi;6460461]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogburz View Post

    I agree with both (a) and (a) completely. And the society rules are much weaker because we are all sitting behind a screen. Call it diet society, society light. ^^

    As for (b), though I don't represent the community, I am a member of the community, I got a knowledge of the community. That CAN be enough to know what society means, depending on a lot of things ofc. Knowledge and membership might not do anything for you in regards to interpreting society. But I believe that I have enough knowledge and experience from Gilrain to know that the general attitude( on creep side mainly) is relatively negative towards p2w, for various reasons.

    You may disagree of course.

    The way I see it, it's pretty much only the users of p2w who are positive towards it, and the majority of those are already on FOTM/OP classes and have shown that they completely lack any code of ethics when it comes to this game, so they are a lost cause anyways. But those who have a code of ethics, those who care what others think, they will in a higher degree be affected by what society thinks and they will avoid doing things that put them in what many deem a bad light.


    No one has to agree of course, but this is how human psychology works. At least according to what I've been taught and how I interpreted it.


    Edit: I'm writing my MA in (English) socio-linguistics btw. And I've studied psychology, 6 years ago.(flunked )
    Please understand Stoffi that I am not belittling your contrbution to Gilrain or undermining your experience of having played here for such a long time. Very few people with more experience remain, (although with Vanadis returning this may start a revivial of the old times and Greensleeves/Lillien/Flox will enter GV to truly have the old school Moors LMs return). But you've said plenty that one should not judge how others play and yet you are freely subjective in your condemnation of individual P2W'ers and there wicked ways. And far beyond me to dispute with someone who has studied Psychology for such a long time but regardless of social class, education, economic prosperity or depravity, a few men's (you and me ) interpretations are hardly sound basis for actions of consequence.

    That doesn't mean of course that our opinion's don't matter. As long as we recognise that they don't matter more than the majority. I've played creep long enough and walked the wicked path to P2W (though I still don't know what I won exactly? :P)to know that if I do fall without breaking my legs or manage to make OC without suffering the chain lightning of a pointy hatted sissy that the consequences to both parties involved are simply.........meh.

    Enjoy your weekend Stoff!
    Bog

  22. #3372
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,197
    [QUOTE=Bogburz;6460478]
    Quote Originally Posted by stoffi View Post
    a few men's (you and me ) interpretations are hardly sound basis for actions of consequence.


    Enjoy your weekend Stoff!
    Bog
    I believe this is where we disagree, I believe my negative view on P2W is shared by the majority on gilrain. Not ALL my opinions ofc, some are exclusively mine, but the general attitude towards p2w is, in my opinion, negative.


    And lol @ long education in psychology. Sociolinguistics is merely the study of language in interaction with society, how language is treated in society, but there's ofc a lot of psychology involved in processes like that.

    I flunked psychology in my first year at uni so don't hold me as any authority in that field.


    Enjoy your weekend, I'm off to work!

  23. #3373
    [QUOTE=stoffi;6460197]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post

    You don't know much about creep side, as you've shown plenty of times, confirmed by a long range of creeps responding to your previous post about creep side.
    So please tell me as I`m now unsure, do I know NOTHING about Creepside, as you said in an earlier post, or not much as you say in this post.
    [QUOTE=DharmaSpider;6460311]
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post

    Heres a list of your creeps as of Lotro Alt finder 12/10/2012

    - Mouldrat (r6) reaver.

    Thats it. Not even an old school r6 that took ages to get. Its a reaver with about 30k infamy.

    you know nothing about creepside. This isint me stirring up a pot for the sake of winding somebody else up for a response. Its just cold hard evidence. You havent clocked enough playtime on creep to know enough about creep play on gilrain.

    just like stoff hasnt played enough freep to know what he's talking about 98% of the time. Ok he had that burglar ( an irl friend ... which we all believe) who came and went. He may claim to have freeps on other servers, but thats completely irrelevant as he cant comment on freep play/mindset of gilrain freeps.
    Errrm, your investigations are wrong Dharma, I dont have a Rank 6 anything, my only Creep that I have played is a Rank 5 BA he is called Mouldrat, I thought all your snooping had already clarified this, and he hasn`t played more than a few hours since before ROI release, dunno what you mean by Old schhol, but I played him mostly before Skirm stance and evade were added.

    Really, if you`re gonna spend your spare time investigating me, as you did when you let everyone Creepside know who my BA was, you need to at least be correct with your statements, or maybe you just made all this up.

    PS. I`ve never been to the Moon, but I still know something about it.
    Last edited by Reapor; Oct 12 2012 at 03:14 PM.
    I dont hug, I keep my distance, about 40m.

  24. #3374
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    Errrm, your investigations are wrong Dharma, I dont have a Rank 6 anything, my only Creep that I have played is a Rank 5 BA, I thought all your snooping had already clarified this, I may have a Creep at Rank 0 with the same name, but thats it.

    Really, if you`re gonna spend your spare time investigating me, as you did when you let everyone Creepside know who my BA was, you need to at least be correct with your statements, or maybe you just made all this up.

    PS. I`ve never been to the Moon, but I still know something about it.

    My appologies the reavor i thought you had was a BA (why i assumed youd play a harder creep class over a BA is anyones guess) The fact remains the same. You have one rank 5 creep, the fact its a BA just means youve spent even less time on creep side than i originally gave you credit for. Finding out who's who these days is as simple as visiting an online data base. I didnt need to tell anybody anythin, and since i have it bookmarked "the investigation" was little more than a click and a search.

    Its just one of those things, you havent spent enough time as a creep to know as much about "creep play" as you claim. You may know "somethin" about the moon, but you couldnt say you know "plenty" ( in comparison to someone who had lived on the moon for 5 years to continue your example)
    Last edited by DharmaSpider; Oct 12 2012 at 03:21 PM.

  25. #3375
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Waterford, Ireland
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Reapor View Post
    I`ve never been to the Moon, but I still know something about it.
    The moon will not take offence if you judge it.

 

 
Page 135 of 335 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 145 185 235 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload